closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Orlando - trainer outlets

Orlando - trainer outlets

I’m currently in Orlando (Davenport) and thinking of going to look for trainers (Nike/Adidas probably). Are the outlet stores worth it?

If they are, does anyone have a specific one they could recommend?

Master
    Not been for about 8 years but the Premium Outlets was always a great shout. Have a Nike Factory store and an Adidas from memory. Huge place.

Used to buy a lot of Ralph Lauren there as it was less than half the price in the uk. Dollar not so great nowadays but I’d imagine it’s still cheaper.

Master
    Nothings cheaper now in the outlets than back home.

Ralph polo T-shirts are now 100 dollars each.

Trainers especially Nike are all more expensive than home now too.

The days of filing up the case with new cheap gear has long gone.

Give it a miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were there earlier this year, after the first day at Universal I realised my trainers weren’t up to the job so popped into a Nike store at one of the outlet malls and bought a couple of pairs for about £80 total. I only looked along the bargain odds and sods racks and there was plenty of choice left in my size.
    Most of the stock in the outlet malls are made just for the outlets but occasionally you’ll find a few gems on a sale rack. Part of the fun of a trip to the US is a day outlet shopping imho.

Cheers all - I did wonder if it was going to be worth it. Overall the trip has been more expensive than we thought due to the pound/dollar so I wasn’t sure if there were going to be any bargains. Probably spend the day by the pool recovering from the last few days at the parks!

Master
    Orlando trips especially but America in general is ridiculously expensive now.

2 weeks in Disney cost me all in cost around 16/17k for 5 of us.

Master
    It's ten years since I was in America but I found the outlet prices to still be pretty steep. If you're into you're shoes it's still worth a visit anyway as they get a ton of stuff that never makes it across to our shores, particularly the player endorsed basketball boots - I snagged some fantastic Jordans and a pair of Adidas that I've never seen before or since.
    Price... meh. Choice - hell yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post

Yep, that’s about right, food seems to be cheap, and lots of it but beer/wine seems to be really expensive

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    It's ten years since I was in America but I found the outlet prices to still be pretty steep. If you're into you're shoes it's still worth a visit anyway as they get a ton of stuff that never makes it across to our shores, particularly the player endorsed basketball boots - I snagged some fantastic Jordans and a pair of Adidas that I've never seen before or since.
    Price... meh. Choice - hell yeah!
    The kids are all suggesting we go so looks like I may be going!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post

Wow!!!!! That’s shocked me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    Yep, me too when we were originally looking to book!

We went to Universal about 5 years ago and was given a big recommendation to go to the malls for exactly this but then thought what on earth for?

If I’m spending a small fortune taking the family to a resort like this I’m not spending half a day searching for discount trainers to save £30 a pop.

Your holiday time is far more valuable than some discounted Nike dunks or a RL Polo you could get from TKMaxx.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    Your park tickets are about 900 each for a 14 day hopper ticket. ( all disneys, universal, water parks ).

So by the time you book your hotel, flights, park tickets, car rental, car park fees etc you’re basically on 10k from the off.

You can do it cheaper I’ve seen deals on hotdeals for flights and hotel on international drive for about 2k for 2 adults 3 kids but then throw your parks tickets and car on and you’re still at about 7/8k from the off.

An update - well no bargains to be had for trainers in size 8!! Lots of small and larger sizes in the sales section but no obvious bargains on the new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by badger1 View Post
    An update - well no bargains to be had for trainers in size 8!! Lots of small and larger sizes in the sales section but no obvious bargains on the new stuff.
    The outlets around Orlando are just tourist traps IMO.

In Florida we usually go to Ellenton or Vero beach.
    Cheers,
    Neil.