closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 336934 Skydweller

Grand Master

336934 Skydweller

Went under my radar (excuse the pun) but the updated movement and 'double crown' dial is in the 2023 Skydweller. Can only assume the new dial is to provide an instant visual as to whats inside

There should really be a comprehensive table of changes to all Rolex as alot of information is sporadically dispersed on the internet.

Last edited by 100thmonkey; 7th August 2023 at 02:21.
    RIAC

Master

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post

Stunning. The blue dial is beautiful, and I love the GMT complication, and the month indicator at 8 is clever, though I hope I’m always aware of the month if not the day.
    Last edited by YCymro; 7th August 2023 at 11:28.

For me the Skydweller doesn’t quite work on the Jubilee bracelet at all. The balance is just not as right so I’m happy with my 3 Sky’s on the Oyster bracelet and looking forward to the new Petrol Blue Everose reference too.

Sky-Dweller, jubilee, blue dial. Perfection. ! One day soon 🤞🏻

Grand Master

336934 Skydweller

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Informative article Jon, thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by 100thmonkey; 7th August 2023 at 02:21.
    RIAC

Thanks for the link. Am I correct in my understanding that only the Oysterflex has glidelock adjustment? Does the Oyster bracelet not have micro adjust, only the 5mm Easylink extension?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdoc View Post
    Thanks for the link. Am I correct in my understanding that only the Oysterflex has glidelock adjustment? Does the Oyster bracelet not have micro adjust, only the 5mm Easylink extension?
    I believe so yes. The glidelock adjustment is superb albeit more suited to divers where wearing over a suit is the aim. Easylink covers most hot or cold scenarios on a normal wrist.

Just on the subject of bracelets I think Rolex are sending them out shorter! They always used to fit 8" straight out the box but after 3-4 new purchases recently I am sure they are a link shy! Cant be the AD swiping them as always stickered and in coffin when I get them! Maybe just me or the models.
    RIAC

Master
    I believe so yes. The glidelock adjustment is superb albeit more suited to divers where wearing over a suit is the aim. Easylink covers most hot or cold scenarios on a normal wrist.

Just on the subject of bracelets I think Rolex are sending them out shorter! They always used to fit 8" straight out the box but after 3-4 new purchases recently I am sure they are a link shy! Cant be the AD swiping them as always stickered and in coffin when I get them! Maybe just me or the models.
    I've had a few lately and all fitted full links on me as usual.

I did get a Skydweller on Oyster flex and they had to send away for a bigger band for me though.
    Last edited by bigweb; 7th August 2023 at 10:52.

Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post
    I've had a few lately and all fitted full links on me as usual.

I did get a Skydweller on Oyster and they had to send away for a bigger band for me though.
    I had the same story with my YM42, very slack.Told them months in advance the stock strap would be too small and they assured me they would have a couple spares so I could wear it on the day. Did they? No. Quoted me a 6 week wait from Geneva so I drove to RSJ and bought one there and then.

Master
    It only took them about 3 days to get mine. I think I only needed 1 side of it larger if I remember correctly.

What did it cost you for the new band?

It was either £225 or £275 per side, can’t remember which. Ended up with one spare because of it so went and bought another. Fits the new Subs I think but I’m hoping to use it on the Ti YM42 if I ever get the call for that one.

Absolutely correct. AD confirmed to me last year all bracelets are being shipped one link shorter. Probably a cost cutting exercise by Rolex as removing the one link x however many watches Rolex sell probably saves them a lot of money over the course of a year.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post
    It only took them about 3 days to get mine. I think I only needed 1 side of it larger if I remember correctly.

What did it cost you for the new band?
    I had the option to buy a jubilee at point of purchase for £1350 which was reasonable but id never use it less the clasp maybe for an easy RubberB swop
    RIAC

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    Absolutely correct. AD confirmed to me last year all bracelets are being shipped one link shorter. Probably a cost cutting exercise by Rolex as removing the one link x however many watches Rolex sell probably saves them a lot of money over the course of a year.
    That makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RIAC

Master
    I had the option to buy a jubilee at point of purchase for £1350 which was reasonable but id never use it less the clasp maybe for an easy RubberB swop
    I asked when I bought my Sky on Oysterflex how much it would cost me to buy the Gold bracelet too but was told it wouldn't fit as it was a different design.

If I'm honest I wish I had waited and bought one on the bracelet. I think if you are wearing the watch often then Oysterflex is great, but for a more special occasion watch (I hardly go anywhere I feel comfortable wearing mine) the bracelet is cooler.

I have the RG Blue face Sky on order which will have the new movement in it mentioned above

Grand Master
    For the money and the funky I would rather add a RubberB over Oysterflex personally and always buy on bracelet. That said the PM Daytona I have coming is on Oysterflex as I wouldn't not wear it on a bracelet.

RIAC

Master
    LOL, I remember the days when i would get 2 links free of charge every time i bought a steel sports model.

maseman

Master
    For the money and the funky I would rather add a RubberB over Oysterflex personally and always buy on bracelet. That said the PM Daytona I have coming is on Oysterflex as I wouldn't not wear it on a bracelet.

Yeh this makes total sense.

Master

I didn't think a gold bracelet would fit on a PM Daytona with ceramic bezel.
    Can only imagine how much a gold bracelet would cost if it does fit.

They probably cost a few pence each to produce but one million 10p savings is still £100k

Much more to be made though by selling those links at £200+ each to those with larger wrists!

It’s a crazy world we live in where £1350 for a stainless steel bracelet is considered reasonable.

Grand Master

336934 Skydweller

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    I didn't think a gold bracelet would fit on a PM Daytona with ceramic bezel.
    Can only imagine how much a gold bracelet would cost if it does fit.
    The gold daytona has option of bracelet or oysterflex. I chose oysterflex.

I meant i would buy a steel on a bracelet and always add a rubberb

RIAC

Master
    I always found that any AD supplied Rolex fitted me straight out of the box. However, the last AD supplied watch I bought was my DD40, was too tight and I had to wait a week for a new link to be supplied. That was frustrating, but I figured that they might be a little less link-happy with the precious metal stuff. I have since received a jubilee for my Skydweller and that was a straight fit, perfect size.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    I always found that any AD supplied Rolex fitted me straight out of the box. However, the last AD supplied watch I bought was my DD40, was too tight and I had to wait a week for a new link to be supplied. That was frustrating, but I figured that they might be a little less link-happy with the precious metal stuff. I have since received a jubilee for my Skydweller and that was a straight fit, perfect size.
    What size wrist are you?

RIAC

I'm not sure of any reduction in supplied links being a cost saving exercise by Rolex but more likely a reaction to AD/Customer feedback that the ones taken out were, for most customers, unecessary. But I do agree that they are definitely supplying most new watches with a slightly shorter bracelet (metal and/or gold) as I always used to be "2 links out" to fit my 7.25" wrist but now it's, at most, 1 link and/or micro adjustment on the clasp in question.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    I'm not sure of any reduction in supplied links being a cost saving exercise by Rolex but more likely a reaction to AD/Customer feedback that the ones taken out were, for most customers, unecessary. But I do agree that they are definitely supplying most new watches with a slightly shorter bracelet (metal and/or gold) as I always used to be "2 links out" to fit my 7.25" wrist but now it's, at most, 1 link and/or micro adjustment on the clasp in question.
    Same noted. Makes sense all round

RIAC

Master
    What size wrist are you?

@ 21cm

Grand Master
    RIAC