closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Zenith issues and outstanding service

Master

Zenith issues and outstanding service

My recently bought zenith pilot big date flyback from time to time had an overly noisy rotor. It bugged me as you could feel it through the case and it was very audible. As I say not all the time but very noticeable when it happened.

I contacted Zenith via their website and Stuart Lord dealt with my issue. The level of service and communication has been exceptional. It has taken 9 days from first point of contact to getting my watch back. He has kept me up to date throughout, always been available and responded to questions I had quickly.

Thankfully it was identified as being a slightly high oscillating weight and was easy to fix.

Best service I have received from any brand thus far.

Stu
    Last edited by Stuno1; 3rd August 2023 at 10:49.

Master
    i have heard good things about him, thats great, dealing through an AD in Ireland isnt the same unfortunately, took my Chronomaster sport months to come back repaired with the common subdial hand creep issue.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    i have heard good things about him, thats great, dealing through an AD in Ireland isnt the same unfortunately, took my Chronomaster sport months to come back repaired with the common subdial hand creep issue.
    It was superb. I didn’t realise you could bypass AD’s. It would have taken longer should parts have been needed for the movement and they were not in stock.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Stuart is fantastic, the Zenith experience after you've bought your watch can teach a lot of other brands a thing or two

Blog Entries
    Stuart is an exemplary service manager. When I had an issue with a Zenith he dealt with
    me personally and gave me his mobile so I could keep in touch. Also dealt quickly and effectively to get a resolution. Top bloke! I think I put something on H&V.

Should be what customer service should be.

Martyn.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Craftsman
    A thumbs down from me unfortunately. It took their UK service centre (via the Dublin AD) 4 attempts and over a year to fix my chronomaster.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    A thumbs down from me unfortunately. It took their UK service centre (via the Dublin AD) 4 attempts and over a year to fix my chronomaster.

same chrono subdial hand creep issue?

Master
    Blog Entries
    This is good to hear.

My Zenith Tipo was within tolerances but a tad slow which was annoying me, I like them more accurate and fast if anything.

Beaverbrooks sent it of for me and it was absolutely no problem or fuss, Zenith regulated it for me and sent it back to Beaverbrooks.

All in all the service was helpful and friendly at both ends.

I've also had a couple of very positive experiences with Stuart at Zenith / LVMH. Good guy and made me appreciate the brand even more.

While I've also had a good experience with Stuart, threads like this do seem to highlight just how frequently his services are required ;)

Journeyman
    Always great to see good service acknowledged and celebrated. Had a similar experience myself recently with Blancpain. Some brands do at least realize that a happy customer, can be an asset sharing their story and satisfaction

Stuart was very good when my Defy 21 had an issue. Is it running slow at the moment, but its ok rather than sending it away for a long period of time.

I had an issue with my A384 bracelet. Stuart sorted that out for me. I was really pleased with the outcome!

Stuart was great for me too with all the Zenith watches I’ve sent in over the years, it’s just a pity their watches are so flakey and unreliable because I love their designs, my favourite was the Doublematic.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shalako View Post
    Stuart was great for me too with all the Zenith watches I’ve sent in over the years, it’s just a pity their watches are so flakey and unreliable because I love their designs, my favourite was the Doublematic.
    +1. It's frustrating that he so often needs to come to the rescue in the impressive fashion he does. Whatever they're paying him isn't enough.

Master
    Well I sincerely hope they are not unreliable! I have high hopes for mine.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    same chrono subdial hand creep issue?
    No, other issues. Mostly with the day indicator sticking intermittently. The crown also needed to be replaced (expected) but they used one from a later generation.
    It also appeared there was limited QC on their work.
    The AD was merely a post service and provided no value add and in general seemed unapologetic

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    No, other issues. Mostly with the day indicator sticking intermittently. The crown also needed to be replaced (expected) but they used one from a later generation.
    It also appeared there was limited QC on their work.
    The AD was merely a post service and provided no value add and in general seemed unapologetic

Lack of QC is a concern. I have had issues with Omega and Tudor watches coming back from repairs and servicing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Well I sincerely hope they are not unreliable! I have high hopes for mine.
    I wouldn’t worry. I think we are not a very big sample so take pros/cons statistically with a grain of salt. I’m sure someone posted the units produced yearly by brand?
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG