closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Baltany Watches

Master

Baltany Watches

I been looking at purchasing one of these watches, but was wondering if anyone on here have experienced them and what there thoughts are.

I bought a black G10 off the forum (i think it was £70) i really like it. Well made and great readability, it's quite small - I use mine as a beater. I've never had a CWC watch so can't compare them.

Craftsman
    I'm CWC G10 fan and have/had a few. I would like a CWC G10 auto (G22 model) but the low WR of 5ATM puts me off. I recently asked CWC if they had a newer model with increased an WR and the reply was, 'we are currently working on a new model of automatic watch with improved water resistance. However, it will be many months before it will be in production and ready for sale'.

IMO, I think the Baltany G10 offers a good alternative although like you I have not purchased one yet.

Different watch but Jody on JOMW rates the Chronograph version highly. I might try one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKddPLUF9v8

Have been very tempted by the Dirty Dozen homage which is the best I've seen and has a lot to recommend it including 100m WR, Seiko quartz movement, sapphire crystal, Superluminova etc. I'd like the hands to be a bit longer but that's a nitpick.

Have read nothing but praise and if they're anything like San Martin the VFM will be off the scale

Craftsman
    I have their vintage Military Chronograph with the Seiko VK61 quartz movement, 100m WR in a 39mm/20mm size. The bead blasted case is very well done and the screw in pushers are substantial with definite clicks when operated.

https://baltany.co.uk/product/vintag...z-chronograph/

Sits great on my 7.25 inch wrist and whilst the NATO is good, I swapped it out for a parastetch strap which suits the watch better etc., if their other watches as a well made as this one then I would say go for it.

Baltany are I think associated with San Martin in some way, but they are releasing some amazing homages, and they can be purchased easily in the uk.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Many thanks for all of your input. I have just purchased the watch with the Californian dial. I will at some point in time brush the bezel ring back as it is quite shiny.
    Last edited by MADDOG; 31st July 2023 at 17:45.

I bought their Pan jobbie and have to say I'm really pleasantly surprised by it. Finish is very good, service excellent, came with a hard travel case and a screwdriver for the lugs. On a Toshi now.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FrontierGibberish View Post
    I bought their Pan jobbie and have to say I'm really pleasantly surprised by it. Finish is very good, service excellent, came with a hard travel case and a screwdriver for the lugs. On a Toshi now.

That looks very good - does it have a display or solid back? On their website they show a display back, the versions on Amazon are solid. Quite tempted as although my Pams are long gone, I miss the style but have no interest in paying the £££ the real deal now cost!

Master
    In person , so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    That looks very good - does it have a display or solid back? On their website they show a display back, the versions on Amazon are solid. Quite tempted as although my Pams are long gone, I miss the style but have no interest in paying the £££ the real deal now cost!
    Display back, manual. And helpfully the Pan it apes is sterile dial. :-)

I've got the Dirty Dozen homage. 36mm
    Seiko quartz. Sapphire and a good leather strap. Great little watch.
    They do a 39mm of the same watch.
    Baltany are doing some great mil hommages.

I quite like alot of what they do and the one I have is excellent, but on quite a few they don't quite get the hands right.
    Maybe they're too short, too thin but for some reason to my eyes there's something very slightly off - which is a shame.

I have the Dirty Dozen watch in 39 mm and it’s lovely. Very good fit and finish on the watch, for the price the whole range goes for I think they are a bit of a bargain to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
    That looks so good!