closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sea dweller M126600-0002

Journeyman

Sea dweller M126600-0002

Hi All,

I’ve had the call on from my local AD on a Rolex M126600-0002 sea dweller 43mm.

I’m not really in the position to take it for myself, but would be willing to purchase on behalf of a member at cost.

If interested please message me.

Grand Master
    Put them on a waiting list.

I’m guessing this is long gone, but if not what part of Lancs are you Mike, it’s a pretty big county.

Journeyman
    Hi All,

So my pondering continues!

In another thread I mentioned I got offered a used Deepsea JC 126660, which was a keen price. Unfortunately I just missed out on it.

I’d also been offered a 126600 43mm sea dweller from my local AD. I just couldn’t make a decision and that also slipped me by.

So, fast forward to present day, and the situation is that I’ve been offered the following:

1) 126600 sea dweller 43mm at list from local AD
    2) 136660 latest model (black) Deepsea mint/unworn condition, five months old, full set, at around £1k below list from a trusted seller I’ve dealt with before.

I’m really struggling to decide. I’ve had a Deepsea previously and regretted selling, list price keeps increasing, so I’m thinking that given this one is a Grand under list I should jump at it. Obviously it’s not the JC model, so will never be as desirable.

BUT, the brand new sea dweller. 126600 43mm from a local AD at list would build my spend history for the next wanted model.

HELP…what do you guys think?

Thanks in advance

Master
    I wouldn’t be buying just to increase spend history.. especially if it means missing out on another model you prefer (and at a good price).

I would pick the watch I want for an ok deal over a watch I quite like for a good deal.

Figure out what you want all things considered and go to an AD or two for a chat.

Craftsman
    Deep-sea is a large heavy watch ,will you wear it regularly and the black one is not popular ,if spend history at Rolex ad is important to you go for seadweller it's also more wearable ,it also is not particularly popular

Sent from my Pixel 6 using TZ-UK mobile app

I'm no expert, clearly, but I can't see either of these current watches being harder to get in future. Residuals on Rolex across most models seem to be slipping slowly back towards something arguably more reasonable so the only upward pressure on price is the RRP increase and you just have to wonder how much more Rolex are going to be able to get away with.

Which one fits best in your collection, which one haven't you tried, which one will you wear more?

Nice problem to have. If I was in that position I'd keep my money firmly in my pocket until I saw the one that gave me "that feeling".

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Personally, the SD43 is hands down my favourite Rolex and the last one id ever get rid of so I would go for that over a DSSD all day long.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Personally, the SD43 is hands down my favourite Rolex and the last one id ever get rid of so I would go for that over a DSSD all day long.
    echo this, not sure why anyone would buy a sub at similar money (grey prices)

Journeyman
    Thanks for all the replies.

I think the Deepsea being under list price just grabbed my attention, probably for the wrong reasons, as although Im fascinated by the Deepsea (I’ve had one previously) I think my gut is telling me the Sea Dweller is more suitable as a daily and therefore more likely to be a keeper long term (famous last words!)

Thanks again for the input, I always love hearing people’s opinions.

Interesting views. Never really wore my SD43 but my D-Blue and 124060 are my two most worn by miles with less than a weeks wear between them.

Think with the SD43 you either think it does the job of both or it’s the fork in the road.

Master
    If you want a JC DSSD, you can get an unworn 126660 for at or below list price of a new 136660.

If you were offered the SD43 in July and it’s still available, that tells you quite a lot.
    Last edited by David_D; 20th September 2023 at 01:11.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    If you want a JC DSSD, you can get an unworn 126660 for at or below list price of a new 136660.

If you were offered the SD43 in July and it’s still available, that tells you quite a lot.
    Won’t be the same SD43, they’re not that slow lol