closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Experience of selling to Chrono24

Journeyman

Experience of selling to Chrono24

Hi,

Anyone have any feedback of selling via the Chrono24 platform?

I have a couple of pieces I’m looking to move along, unfortunately I don’t yet have access to posting sales on here. Watchfinder are being particularly picky on anything but faster moving Rolex, and I don’t really trust the dreaded ebay!

Thanks in advance,
    Mike
    Last edited by Mikelancs; 20th July 2023 at 16:32. Reason: Typo

Craftsman
    I've sold a watch through Chrono24 without any issues. However, the sale was a face to face sale with payment made directly to my bank upon inspecting the watch. The buyer was from Ireland so surprisingly flew in to collect the watch so platform was great for attracting a wider audience. However, I don't know how comfortable I would feel just posting my watch but I'm a very risk averse person.

Apparently Subdial is a favourite of a few members on here and other forums.

I’ve never used Chrono24 to sell but have used Chronohunter and found them very good.

I’ve bought plenty, but never sold. From the other side of the fence so to speak, the buyer pays and the money is put in an escrow account. Seller is instructed to ship. If buyer happy the money is released to the seller minus the usual fees. As a system it works very well and doesn’t seem to favour one side over the over, unlike e-bay who always side with the buyer.

Have you tried Subdial, they usually sell on commission, but will offer a straight buy price for watches that they know they can shift quickly or want in stock.

Good luck.

Master
    Sold two or three via C24 over the years, all were smooth and no issues. If the numbers work I’d recommend them.

Journeyman
    Thank for the replies guys! I’ll consider my options!

Craftsman
    I have sold one watch and my wife has bought one. Very good experience so far, but of course their commission is not ideal. Not a bad option as you don’t have access to SC yet, but you could also try to find some local watch collector group from Facebook etc. in order to have face to face sale and to aave to commission fee.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    Every time I tried them, they severely low ball!
    I do wander if sometimes forum reps get companies on the high horse.

Mark Worthington in Wilmslow. They are genuine people.

Master
    I've bought one and the whole process was very smooth.

I have sold a couple on C24 (3 in total). 2 went to remote buyers, with them paying through the Escrow, which worked fine.
    The third wanted to meet up and pay for the watch then and there, so we did that and I saved the (smaller than many places) fees that C24 charge, cancelling the listing when I got home.
    Not a large sample, but it seems to present less issues in general than Ebay (where every listing I've ever done seems to attract some kind of nutcase, scammer or wierdo).

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post

I have to agree with this! I’ve tried pricing a September 2022 Tudor Pelagos 42mm blue, full set which is unworn UK AD, still stickered, and they offered £2400 which seeems really low to me. Maybe I’m totally out of touch!

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    l.
    The third wanted to meet up and pay for the watch then and there, so we did that and I saved the (smaller than many places) fees that C24 charge, cancelling the listing when I got home..
    How do you cancel listing there? I got impression that for private seller you are still have to pay their fees if you cancel listing early.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    I did say "apparently"

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    For what it’s worth, I’ve just run my 2022 Sub date through Subdial and Watchfinder and Subdial came back with a purchase price nearly £800 lower than Watchfinder.

I’ve not used C24 to buy or sell but if I did I would aim for a f2f transaction. I believe it’s a good market place. Looking at a couple of dealer sales on C24, I can see the dealers definitely add a C24 premium to cover their costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Normunds View Post
    How do you cancel listing there? I got impression that for private seller you are still have to pay their fees if you cancel listing early.
    You simply delete the listing.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    You simply delete the listing.
    Do they not ask you to prove you still have the watch in your possession if you delete the listing? Maybe it depends on the reason for deletion or maybe they don’t ask in all cases.

No. Because it could have been for sale on other platforms and sold there (Chrono24 do not insist that theirs is the only platform for sale of the watch), it could have been lost, stolen or any number of other outcomes.