closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Selectspecs online.

Master
    Blog Entries

Selectspecs online.

Anyone used them? I need some varifocals and this company has the frames I want with all the bells and whistles glass for £216. Went to boots opticians for the same thing and they want £420.

It's a mainly online retailer but I see they have an outlet down in Kent. Too far though for me.

I have used them and all good, make sure you upload the prescription to them even if you fill out the online form yourself.

Master
    As long as you can return them for a full refund you don't have much to lose, although varifocals are notoriously tricky to fit correctly. I've used Glasses Direct with varying results but at least they don't quibble if you return the glasses.

Used loads, no issues, other than once took a while to arrive

£6 glasses handy for spares in the car etc

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Brill. I'll give them a go.

Echo the above. Only downside is a million emails from them each year.....

Here's what I do:

Go into your local Optician's retail shop and try on some frames. Find the general shape you like.

Go to Aliexpress.com and spend some time looking at the spectacle frames. Buy several different frames from shops that do lenses also (Prices around £4 to around £25 for frames).

Try on frames when they arrive (about 2-3 weeks). If you like a frame, go back to the Ali shop where you bought the frames from and order the same frames and lenses together. Upload your prescription (inc PD) using the message function.

Profit!

I am currently wearing a pair of varifocals made with this method. The frames cost £12 and the varifocal lenses are 'freeform', 1.67 thin, coated, anti-glare. Total cost $60.56. They are perfect.

Plus I have an identical pair of frames that I bought initially to try - so if I break the frames I have a spare pair. I can just pop the lenses in the initial frames. Or I can get the frames re-glazed in the UK.

Works for me.