closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this too small for my wrist?

Master
    I don’t think that’s too small at all. That floating date troubles me though - I really wish that Omega would match the right size movement to their cases.

I would add that Omega are far from alone in being guilty of this heinous crime! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    I don’t think that’s too small at all. That floating date troubles me though - I really wish that Omega would match the right size movement to their cases.

I would add that Omega are far from alone in being guilty of this heinous crime! ;)

I sometimes roll my eyes when someone criticises a small detail in a watch, but that date is truly bad!

Grand Master

Think about how difficult it would be. Movements can`t be produced in slightly different sizes, they're not like shirts!

The movement size and design dictates where the date sits, can`t fine-tune it to the size of the dial.........if there's an easy way to do this I`m happy to learn!

Many current movements were designed years ago when watches were smaller, the market trend towards big watches has created this issue. I don`t like to see a 'floating' date window but it isn`t a problem because I`ll never buy a watch in the size range where it becomes obvious.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    I sometimes roll my eyes when someone criticises a small detail in a watch, but that date is truly bad!
    Funny thing is that the 41 dial with the 8900 movement is nowhere near as troubling. For my eyes , it seems as though the 8800 is too small for the 38 case.

Blog Entries
    No, but your bum looks big in it ;)
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Funny thing is that the 41 dial with the 8900 movement is nowhere near as troubling. For my eyes , it seems as though the 8800 is too small for the 38 case.
    I'm not familiar with omega movement numbers. Is the 8800 sometimes used in ladies versions?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Think about how difficult it would be. Movements can`t be produced in slightly different sizes, they're not like shirts!

The movement size and design dictates where the date sits, can`t fine-tune it to the size of the dial.........if there's an easy way to do this I`m happy to learn!

Many current movements were designed years ago when watches were smaller, the market trend towards big watches has created this issue. I don`t like to see a 'floating' date window but it isn`t a problem because I`ll never buy a watch in the size range where it becomes obvious.
    Sure, Paul. Perhaps I should have said that I wished manufacturers would size/design their dials and cases to fit their movements.

There seems to be an opinion out there that a watch head should completely fill your wrist. Not the case - in fact, wearing a watch that does often feminises the wrist of the person wearing it - which is great if you're a woman!
    Watches should be contained by the wrist of the wearer - not the other way around.

Blog Entries

The 8500 on the "sky fall" seems to fit perfectly. Why does Omega keep fiddling with the AT?

“ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    The 8500 on the "sky fall" seems to fit perfectly. Why does Omega keep fiddling with the AT?

There you go. They CAN do it.

Omega seem to have a real inferiority complex over the AT. The constant tinkering really devalues the collection for me which is a real shame when you consider how great the movements are. The teak dials are distinctive and perhaps they could have used the ceramic material from the Diver 300 to start to tie the Seamaster series together?

I think the angle.of the pic I took makes the date look more out of sync. In reality it's the same as that on the SM300 and re Omega having an inferiority complex on the AT I would say in my opinion (which is probably worth nothing) there's nothing in the Datejust range or from Grand Seiko that's anywhere near as nice as this particular version of the AT but of course YMMV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I think the angle.of the pic I took makes the date look more out of sync. In reality it's the same as that on the SM300 and re Omega having an inferiority complex on the AT I would say in my opinion (which is probably worth nothing) there's nothing in the Datejust range or from Grand Seiko that's anywhere near as nice as this particular version of the AT but of course YMMV
    Here are the images from Omega for the varieties of AT - now I see the 38mm with that date window I can’t un-see it.

38mm

41mm

And this? What were they thinking?

“ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Funnily enough, GS were exactly who I was thinking of re Omega not being alone in some weird casing of movements and hanging date windows out in the wind.

For me, the OP is the hands down winner in the sporty dress watch space. I’m just not doing cyclops. Ever. Period.

Master
    Red one in Kos

Master
    Looks fine to me, except the colour…