closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Longines……thoughts?

Journeyman

Longines……thoughts?

Hi All,

I’ve been browsing various online Watch sales this weekend, and one brand in particular has stood out as seemingly offering good value…am I missing something?

Longines!

For example, the automatic Longines Hydroconquest chrono 43mm just £1687.50 with the code available…. Seems too good?

https://www.chisholmhunter.co.uk/lon...l38834966.html

What are your thoughts on the brand and quality?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    10% discount on Longines is normal and IMO their prices have been increasing quite a bit with some suggesting Swatch are trying to push them into the position that Omega once had.

I have had 2 modern Longines watches one a retrograde that was a fantastic watch very accurate just a bit on the thick side. I also had a heritage conquest that while a lovely looking watch it was a bit of get what you pay for in that the winding did feel a bit "gritty" but still a lovely watch. Longines make excellent watches and have a reputation for good customer service. They dont have any "in house" movements which may seem a bit odd considering their history and their competitors around a similar price bracket. That being said some of their more complex movements are modified specifically for the brand.

I dont think you will find too many negative views of this brand past or present.
    Thanks for the reply Robert.

The list price on this particular model is £2500, so it’s quite a hefty sale discount and then there’s the extra 10% reduction on top. Almost seems too good. I’m thinking for a daily beater it’s a reasonable bet at that money?

Thanks again
    Mikw

I tried on one of their ultra chron divers last year and it was very nice.

That particular model is a bit of a mess in my opinion. Apart from a chrono on a divers watch :|

It's got a wonky date, the pushers look horrible and there's lots of different designs elements.

Not sure they would discount one of their better models, like the Zulu

Fantastic heritage, not many companies can boast such a history or back catalogue. Nice to see them taking their place with some of the big name brands again.

Little bit cheaper here using code VIP20EXTRA - https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/01184...h-Mens-Watch/p

30+ other Longines models in their sale, the code will work on any of them for an additional 20% off.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Longines like brands such as Rado, Tissot, Certina, Tag, Breitling seem to be always on discount that doesnt mean they are badly made or anything just that 10% and then some seems to be pretty normal.

I dont know that watch but going by other Longines watches I am sure it will be well made reminds me a little of something Tag would produce but at considerably less money.
    Watch in the OP is at a 32.5% discount

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Little bit cheaper here using code VIP20EXTRA - https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/01184...h-Mens-Watch/p

30+ other Longines models in their sale, the code will work on any of them for an additional 20% off.
    Cheers matey!

Have a look at the Leonard Dews closing down sale as well. Plenty of hefty discounts on Longines and others.

Master
    Got a real hankering for the Spirit Zulu Time. Tried one on at Heathrow T3 couple of weeks back. Patiently waiting now to see the new 39mm version. A lot of watch for sensible money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like a lot of their product lines. I’m sure I’ll buy a spirit I’m when one comes along at the right price. I’d never pay full retail but it sounds like it would be quite hard to, given how readily they’re discounted.

As an aside, I would love to see an avigation big eye in a smaller case.

Master
    I’ve a 1967 Heritage Diver that i wear as my daily and the accuracy is superb, literally a few seconds a week lost.

They are standard swatch group quality and prices. They are often heavily discounted, especially the high accuracy quartz ones that i have seen many times generously discounted.

There were no micro adjustments on the one i had and it did not quite fit right with half links, then the battery died considerably too early and had to be sent out to them under warranty.

I own both the Black and Blue 43mm chronograph version plus a Heritage Diver 1967 along with the another Longines.
    In term's of quality they are spot on, their customer service is also spot on.

That sale price for a brand new one is great value but if you're not fussed about second hand you can find cheaper one's.

QS watches has both the Black and Blue on eBay, go to their website and they are even cheaper.

https://www.qswatches.co.uk/

Sent from a technical device.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    I own both the Black and Blue 43mm chronograph version plus a Heritage Diver 1967 along with the another Longines.
    In term's of quality they are spot on, their customer service is also spot on.

That sale price for a brand new one is great value but if you're not fussed about second hand you can find cheaper one's.

QS watches has both the Black and Blue on eBay, go to their website and they are even cheaper.

https://www.qswatches.co.uk/

Sent from a technical device.

Cheers! That’s decent pricing given the quality, certainly deliver bang for buck IMO!

I emailed Longines on Sat afternoon asking some questions, replied by 11am this morning with epanswers and offering to make an appointment for me to view the range. Extremely impressed. Servicing costs are very reasonable too.

Kind regards
    Musk

Journeyman
    I’ve always thought that they produce some very good looking watches for the money.

Grand Master
    I like the Conquest Heritage dress watch.

I really like the brand.

They have a good selection of watches, a great back catalogue, great customer service and are relatively affordable, although like every 'luxury' brand their prices have increased out of step with inflation.

I paid in the 600s for a new Hydroconquest 10 years ago, it's more than double now for more or less the same watch (you get a ceramic bezel now, I think, but we all now what they cost to add).

At sub-£700 the HC was a great watch. I'm less sure at £1500.

M

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post

That's real tempting!!
    Thanks