closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 2nd Track Day in the Caterham 620S

2nd Track Day in the Caterham 620S

So, 2nd track day yesterday at the fabulous Cadwell Park in the prettiest part of Lincolnshire.

This is the car ready for the day. Aero screen & half doors on.

The paddock at Cadwell is pretty basic, to say the least. No garages, no electricity.

I've sorted a remote mic for the GoPro so you can (but I still couldn't at speed) hear the engine revs. My heal & toe technique needs work & I need the accelerator pedal adjusted slightly, but not being able to hear if I got it right or not, is definitely sub-optimal. However, I didn't lock a wheel all day. My braking is getting better - less of it & carry more corner speed in general.There was a lot of traffic at times, but I did get a few mostly clear laps, the best of which is captured at the end of this clip.

https://youtu.be/O0vjOAEyydk

I
    made the mistake of nipping out for fuel at lunch time without my helmet & got caught in a rain shower. Won't make that mistake again. Even light rain hitting your face at 60mph stings.

and then rain stopped play for over an hour. https://youtu.be/h9wDG3Ew3pE

It
    did (mostly) dry out for about the last hour of the day, but the section of the track under the trees, stayed wet.

Packed up ready to come home with the Aero screen cable tied to the roll bar & the half hood fitted. The half hood came off when I stopped for petrol, as I was confident the weather was going to hold.

Roof off, heater on towards the end, no delays, Iron Maiden on my iPod - lovely
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    Great track Caldwell. I have spent a few hours spanking around there. I have had a few track cars. I’d love an orange Ultima too.

Sent from my iPhone

I enjoyed watching that. I particularly enjoyed watching you overtake that white car at the end.

Craftsman
    I can’t watch the video I am at work and it’s blocked. Will do later however.

Sent from my iPhone

Master
    Love Cadwell, been off at most corners during my time in 250 grarbox karts. Had some silverware there too.

Blog Entries
    Super-sharp video. Entertaining and the engine noise is very crisp! Keep on posting in the future!

Master
    Nice toy. I only did Cadwell once. Years ago. Happy memories. I trailered my BEC 7 alike there. You must be harder than me!

Loved that Andy. Push! Push!

Master
    That long right hander at 3’25” just kept on going and you didnt lift , well done, great watch.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Looks fun.

I’ve done a number of laps there on a VFR400.

Nice work, i do love Cadwell. It's a challenging circuit that felt fast in a Clio 197, in this Caterham i imagine its bananas!

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Looks fun.

I’ve done a number of laps there on a VFR400.
    I have to say, it's even better on a bike.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Cadwell is a great track, agree it is much better on a bike, it is quite narrow in place for cars.