closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Subdial - anybody used them?

Master

Subdial - anybody used them?

In terms of selling rather than buying but any experiences are useful. Ta.

Master
    They are really nice folks, however I’ve found their straight buy prices to be lower than others currently. They seem keen to push to commission sales. Very model dependent though. If you got a good price, they’d be my first choice.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sold a Rolex to them, yes they will try for a commission sale, but if you insist will give you a cash price.

At the time theirs was the best offer so I went with them - no problems at all with the transaction.

I sold a speedy to them at a price I was very happy with. Tried again a few months back but they would only entertain a commission sale. Very pleasant to deal with

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    The way I see people reducing for eg Rolex on here Id be tempted to try them.

Master
    I've bought and sold from/to Subdial and they are a pleasure to deal with.

Blog Entries
    Great to buy and sell.
    They will offer a commission sale and now its a minimum 10%

Sold them a few Tudors before, including one last week, no issues re selling.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 3rd July 2023 at 10:31.

Master
    Happy selling to them also, very easy process and a fair-ish price.

Journeyman
    Straight forward and good comms - I was going to sell to them but decided to go with someone else instead.

Grand Master
    Ill be having a look and consider my Subs with them.

Craftsman
    I've both bought and sold a few watches with them; it's always been a good experience. I would say however, it depends on if you're PXing or selling. I've had stronger offers from WF and other dealers but if you're PXing then their prices are a bit keener than other dealers.

Excellent service.

I sold them some Rolexes a little while back at very decent prices, money in my account next day.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Sold to them recently - good guys and offered a fair price. Payment was super quick as well, which always helps

Journeyman
    sold to them last year. fast service and paid quickly too.
    Decent selection on their website too.

Bought a Seamaster from them a few weeks ago. All good.

I have sold 2 watches to them (one very recently) and both times have been super smooth and easy. Would recommend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sold my Pam 422 with them on a commission sale,no bites on sc so I sent it there ,I ended up £14 down on what I wanted on sc,but no hassle sold in 3 weeks,I’d definitely use them again.
    They even had the courier pick it up from my house.

Master
    I sold my Streamliner through them and made an accidental profit - and it sold within hours of them listing it.

I’ve had my Alpine Eagle Cadence with them for months on commission sale and not a bite.

But they’re great people to work with. The collection process is very smooth, and they seem nice and knowledgable when I’ve spoken to them on the phone.

Simon

More good feedback here. I've bought, sold, sold on commission and part exchanged through Subdial. Each transaction has been easy, fair and quick.

It sounds like the new SC for higher end watches. Always good to have another option if I ever decide to sell a watch...

I’ve just pinged off the details on my tritium 16600 - so I’ll see what the offer is like.

Fingers crossed as SC is a waste of space these days.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I’ve just pinged off the details on my tritium 16600 - so I’ll see what the offer is like.

Fingers crossed as SC is a waste of space these days.
    I'm probably going to give up with SC too to be honest. I'd expect a solid commission offer at least from them for your 16600.

Just wanted to provide some more feedback for Subdial that will hopefully help others. I sent a watch to Subdial for them to sell on a commission basis. The watch didn’t sell during the agreed timeframe so I asked them to post it back to me which they did immediately at no cost. Unfortunately the watch did not arrive within the expected delivery timescales. Subdial took this up with the shipping company and proactively kept me updated throughout. When the shipping company concluded that the package couldn’t be found (this took around 3 weeks - it’s still not been declared officially lost), Subdial immediately offered to pay me the amount they would have achieved had they sold the watch as we originally agreed. They said they would then pursue an insurance claim retrospectively. The money was in my account within 24 hours. I thought it’d be worth sharing this as it’s when things don’t go smoothly that you can tell how a company treats its customers.

Master
    That’s fantastic! A really great recommendation. If I was in the market to sell this would certainly encourage me where to put my trust. Thanks for sharing your experience

Quote Originally Posted by TH14TH14 View Post
    Just wanted to provide some more feedback for Subdial that will hopefully help others. I sent a watch to Subdial for them to sell on a commission basis. The watch didn’t sell during the agreed timeframe so I asked them to post it back to me which they did immediately at no cost. Unfortunately the watch did not arrive within the expected delivery timescales. Subdial took this up with the shipping company and proactively kept me updated throughout. When the shipping company concluded that the package couldn’t be found (this took around 3 weeks - it’s still not been declared officially lost), Subdial immediately offered to pay me the amount they would have achieved had they sold the watch as we originally agreed. They said they would then pursue an insurance claim retrospectively. The money was in my account within 24 hours. I thought it’d be worth sharing this as it’s when things don’t go smoothly that you can tell how a company treats its customers.
    High praise indeed.

I sold a watch through the a month or so back on commission too. Painless process, easy postage all sorted for you, sold within a few days, had to wait a few weeks (commission sale = buyer has right of return) but then funds were paid swiftly. Thoroughly recommend.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    High praise indeed.

I sold a watch through the a month or so back on commission too. Painless process, easy postage all sorted for you, sold within a few days, had to wait a few weeks (commission sale = buyer has right of return) but then funds were paid swiftly. Thoroughly recommend.

I had a similar experience with a commission sale, utterly professional and funds released the day following the customers cooling off period. I’d recommend them without hesitation. Also did a PX a while back, gave a very fair offer and the whole transaction was painless.

I bought a watch from them recently and went to pick it up from their offices. All very nice people, had a good chat about watches, they had two watchmakers working in a clean room and they adjusted the bracelet for me. A great buying experience, very pleasant to deal with. I would recommend them.

Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk

Bought and sold to Subdial many times and always good experience - the founders are very passionate about watches and so are most of the people working there

Master
    Sound good, what is the commission %. And was it significantly better than a straight sale?

I have also bought and sold from Subdial. I went to one of their social gatherings recently and found it full of like-minded watch geeks.

Lovely bunch of People working there too.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I always look forward to their 'new watches' email in my inbox every Thursday =)

Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    Sound good, what is the commission %. And was it significantly better than a straight sale?
    12%

Master
    Commission rate depends on your history with them. They have tiers - 8, 10 and 12%

Haven't used them but I like their website and presentation of watches.

I’ve just sold my GMT 16700 to Subdial. They gave me a good offer. DHL picked up the watch on Wednesday from my home, fully insured by Subdial. It arrived at their offices on Thursday and was passed to the tech team for assessment. Monies arrived in my account today, Friday at the full amount offered.
    Can’t fault them

Just sold something via consignment with them. Never sold on consignment before but it finally went this week. Money due to be paid between Christmas and new year.

Got one more watch to sell and will probably consign it with them in Jan.

Craftsman
    To add to the positive feedback - I bought a Rolex Submariner from Subdial in 2021, they were quick to respond, open in their comms, we negotiated a little bit on price, they processed the purchase quickly and when the watch arrived it was exactly what they’d described to me. I was very pleased with the process.

Journeyman
    Another glowing recommendation to add to the thread - I bought a watch from Subdial recently, arrived the following day, watch in fantastic condition along with all the paperwork and service documents and receipts of sale. Price was good too, overall and great transaction and would absolutely use them again.

Master

Be slightly careful.

Look at this listing in which they say the bracelet “”’’may have some very light stretch’’””: https://subdial.com/listing/1061

On enquiry, this (attached) is the bracelet in question - it’s completely knackered:

I must say, the fact that they don’t include a picture in the ad (or an accurate description) of such a significant issue is disappointing.

In response, they told me that condition is “’’subjective’’”. Wtf!?

Last edited by ddm27; 17th December 2023 at 07:00.

Quote Originally Posted by ddm27 View Post
    Be slightly careful.

Look at this listing in which they say the bracelet “”’’may have some very light stretch’’””: https://subdial.com/listing/1061

On enquiry, this (attached) is the bracelet in question - it’s completely knackered:

I must say, the fact that they don’t include a picture in the ad (or an accurate description) of such a significant issue is disappointing.

In response, they told me that condition is “’’subjective’’”. Wtf!?

I agree, that is quite misleading to say “very light stretch”

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Just sold something via consignment with them. Never sold on consignment before but it finally went this week. Money due to be paid between Christmas and new year.

Got one more watch to sell and will probably consign it with them in Jan.
    Brilliant news, you must be chuffed!

Master
    They sold one of mine a few weeks back with prompt payment after the statutory 14 day return period. All good.

Has anyone used Subdial for consignment? Was the fee +VAT or inclusive?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Has anyone used Subdial for consignment? Was the fee +VAT or inclusive?
    1. yes - twice

2, Inc - but it's detailed in the estimate they send you when you enquire

Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    1. yes - twice

Perfect thank you

Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    1. yes - twice

Seems to be some confusion now. My old emails always have VAT inclusive but now apparently it’s +VAT. Will see how it works out.

Master
    Last one was estimated at 10 % VAT inc - the account came through at 8.3% + VAT

All in the numbers