closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rubber Strap Needed For Omega Seamaster 300

Rubber Strap Needed For Omega Seamaster 300

Hi,
    I have a quartz Seamaster 300m (2221.80) and am not so keen on the chunky bracelet. I have been using a Timefactors leather strap and in the warm weather a CWC Vintage Bond Nato.
    On passing Goldsmaiths today a number of the new Seamasters were displayed on the official rubber strap. I tried a watch on and the rubber strap made the watch feel less top heavy, certainly compared to the Nato Im currently using. It was very comfortable as well. On enquiring about the price I was told £320!!

Is there an aftermarket strap of similar or better quality that will be a perfect fit for my watch without the Omega price tag.

As an aside, I was told the Omega Nato strap for the latest Bond watch costs £280.00!!

All thoughts welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
    All thoughts welcome!
    I've recently put my Great White on a red tropic strap, bought at the exorbitant price of £9.99 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0BZLJD1ZC

I have to say that I'm delighted with it, so much so that I have a blue one on the way for my Seamaster GMT (2535.80).

Rubber Strap Needed For Omega Seamaster 300

Here’s the red strap

And the black version on my Gen1 Monster:

Last edited by willie_gunn; 29th June 2023 at 21:15.

Craftsman
    Still fairly pricey (half the price of the Omega OEM), but Zealande do a strap for your Seamaster:

https://zealande.com/products/rubber...66e3dcb8&_ss=r

Isofrane.

https://isofrane.com/straps/

Cheaper than the others in this thread, but still north of a ton.

Craftsman
    The lug holes are positioned differently on the latest Seamasters compared to the older models and so the current Omega strap is tricky to fit to older models. I have a strap from Etsy on my 2018 pre current model (which also fits my 2231.80). It is a good fit but is silicon and thinner than OEM.

The suggestion re an Isofrane is also a good one, if you aren't fussed about the integrated look, they are great straps........ if integrated look and near OEM quality is the aim, then the Zealande would be an excellent option, although it is not quite the same look at the OEM.

Thank you for all your comments. Mmmm, time to think but at the moment, Zealande seems to be ticking most of the boxes. I like the ISofrane offering as well.

Some videos I have watched indicate the Zealande can be difficult to fit, especially if you use the spring bars included as part of the kit. Not so much trouble if you use the OE Omega bars.

Any experience here?

Blog Entries
    Thank you for all your comments. Mmmm, time to think but at the moment, Zealande seems to be ticking most of the boxes. I like the ISofrane offering as well.

Some videos I have watched indicate the Zealande can be difficult to fit, especially if you use the spring bars included as part of the kit. Not so much trouble if you use the OE Omega bars.

Any experience here?
    White Zealander on NTTD - a struggle to fit - provided bent spring bars provided - don’t think the OEM would fit.

“ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Grand Master
    Ive swapped about this rubber strap.
    I like it,but did have a curved end rubber from cousins which was better for that reason.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Taking all comments on board, I’ve gone for the Zealande. As my watch is an older model the fitment should be a bit more forgiving.

The Zealande vulcanised strap arrived for my 300M quartz today and 30 mins later it was on my watch.
    I had watched a few videos where one of the criticisms was that the floating keeper would move allowing the end of the strap to flap around. This has been addressed in that there is a tang on the floater that locks into the end hole of the longer part of the strap.
    Another review said the head of the strap touches the underside of the bezel making it hard to turn. Again, no problem as there is a definite gap.
    The fit and finish is excellent and the watch is a really comfortable fit on the wrist. I had been wearing the watch on a CWC Nato and it did feel top heavy. Excellent packaging with a personalised message written by the CEO!!
    Is it worth the cost, probably not but at double the price for a genuine Omega it is much better value and I’m pleased with my purchase.

The Zealande vulcanised strap arrived for my 300M quartz today and 30 mins later it was on my watch.
    I had watched a few videos where one of the criticisms was that the floating keeper would move allowing the end of the strap to flap around. This has been addressed in that there is a tang on the floater that locks into the end hole of the longer part of the strap.
    Another review said the head of the strap touches the underside of the bezel making it hard to turn. Again, no problem as there is a definite gap.
    The fit and finish is excellent and the watch is a really comfortable fit on the wrist. I had been wearing the watch on a CWC Nato and it did feel top heavy. Excellent packaging with a personalised message written by the CEO!!
    Is it worth the cost, probably not but at double the price for a genuine Omega it is much better value and I’m pleased with my purchase.
    Where do they ship from? How much was the import tax? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk