closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Spec me a toastie maker

Master
    Blog Entries

Spec me a toastie maker

Our cheapo toastie maker has met its maker.

Anyone have suggestions for a quality replacement?

• Needs to have removable plates for cleaning
    • Preferable to have plates that seal the edges (less mess)
    • Would like panini or flat plates too if available
    • Catch to seal top lid down must be robust - the reason our current one failed is the skimpiness of this part
    • Single sandwich is fine, though most seem to be double

Seem to be a plethora of similar items. Is the Cuisinart one worth the extra?
    Last edited by Scepticalist; 22nd June 2023 at 17:59.

Air fryers beat any "toastie maker" hands down, by far the best toasties I've made using any device. Crispy toast and cheese properly melted right through.

Cheese and tomato . . .

Corned beef and onion . . .

Tuna melt . . .

F.T.F.A.

I recently replaced a toaster and a breville with one of these sage prefect presses, has a crush and an open faced sandwich setting, stands on its end for storage and is typically well built. The plates make great toast its much more uniform and crisp than my previous toaster.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Air fryers beat any "toastie maker" hands down, by far the best toasties I've made using any device. Crispy toast and cheese properly melted right through.
    Please share your method.

Matt

Had this one a while. Makes great toasties. Easy to clean. Comes in different sizes.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Breville-VS...c=1&th=1&psc=1

Interestingly Sage and Breville is the same company and only in the UK is there a Sage brand for some of the fancier kit, AKA Lexus. In other markets it's all called Breville

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Interestingly Sage and Breville is the same company and only in the UK is there a Sage brand for some of the fancier kit, AKA Lexus. In other markets it's all called Breville
    Yes I noticed that with my Sage Nespresso machine when researching it. Clever marketing.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    Our cheapo toastie maker has met its maker.

Anyone have suggestions for a quality replacement?

• Needs to have removable plates for cleaning
    • Preferable to have plates that seal the edges (less mess)
    • Would like panini or flat plates too if available
    • Catch to seal top lid down must be robust - the reason our current one failed is the skimpiness of this part
    • Single sandwich is fine, though most seem to be double

Seem to be a plethora of similar items. Is the Cuisinart one worth the extra?
    We have the Cuisinart sandwich press, but the £80 one, not the double action version. It’s brilliant and by far the best we have owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt London View Post

Matt
    Thick sliced cheap white bread works best, the crusts of sourdough etc become too hard. Butter as you would an untoasted sandwich, ie just the inside surfaces. A lot of people online advise to butter all 4 sides, well for me it's just messier to do for no benefit. I say butter, but I use olive spread, it works for me. Any cheese you like of course, for ease I use Lidl mature cheddar slices, 1.5 slices covers each slice of the buttered bread perfectly. Simply put what you like between the slices, tomato or onion is my usual with a good grind of black pepper. For a twist recently I've been spreading Marmite on one of the buttered slices of bread before adding the cheese.... mmm nice! The corned beef version was just leftover hash in the middle of the bread/cheese, the tuna melt was tinned tuna and a little mayo on the cheese before adding. My Cosori is 1500W and I cook them for 6mins at 195℃ then turn over for another 6mins at the same temp.
    F.T.F.A.

mine is in her early 60's.
    GSOH , light smoker , social drinker.
    trades considered

Master
    We’ve started making toasties in our Cosori too. Does a great job.

Matt
    Yes. NOW.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Thick sliced cheap white bread works best, the crusts of sourdough etc become too hard. Butter as you would an untoasted sandwich, ie just the inside surfaces. A lot of people online advise to butter all 4 sides, well for me it's just messier to do for no benefit. I say butter, but I use olive spread, it works for me. Any cheese you like of course, for ease I use Lidl mature cheddar slices, 1.5 slices covers each slice of the buttered bread perfectly. Simply put what you like between the slices, tomato or onion is my usual with a good grind of black pepper. For a twist recently I've been spreading Marmite on one of the buttered slices of bread before adding the cheese.... mmm nice! The corned beef version was just leftover hash in the middle of the bread/cheese, the tuna melt was tinned tuna and a little mayo on the cheese before adding. My Cosori is 1500W and I cook them for 6mins at 195℃ then turn over for another 6mins at the same temp.
    Thank you Magirus.

I am pretty sure that it was you (on here) that recommended Continental Cross Country 26x1.5 tyres to me about 14 years ago. So I trust your advice 😁

Master
    I've had a few but I think you get a better result using a pan

Master
    Can’t you just buy one ?

Thank you Magirus.

I am pretty sure that it was you (on here) that recommended Continental Cross Country 26x1.5 tyres to me about 14 years ago. So I trust your advice 
    Ah yes indeed, they were truly excellent tyres. Sadly no longer available, but the narrower Schwalbe CX Pro 1.35" in 26" is even lighter, narrower and faster! It's as if you are flying over the trails!

https://clickcycle.co.uk/products/26-x-1-35-schwalbe-cx-pro
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Yes I noticed that with my Sage Nespresso machine when researching it. Clever marketing.
    Not quite. From Wiki:

The Breville Group Limited also owns the Kambrook and Sage brands. It markets most of its product under the Sage brand in the UK and Europe, since the Breville brand is owned by the unrelated Jarden company in the UK.