closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Show us your MX-5's

Show us your MX-5's

Well we have threads for guitars, dogs cats and no end of stuff. So inspired by Ian (GYP)'s recent post. I thought this one was well overdue as we seem to have a collective fondness for MX-5's (or Miata's for those over the pond). So lets see you pics of MX-5's both past and present.

Here's my old NB from about 2013, going around the hairpin at Mallory Park

And my current NC

.....and going around Bedford Autodrome

Master
    Blog Entries
    Great cars.

My 16-plate ND 2.0. I love it. The brown interior is not stock - it was swapped out by the dealer for another customer who didn't like the brown in the blue ND she'd bought. Makes mine more special.

Parked it facing the sun a while back, and I don't think that I appreciated the visual rhyme between the crease over the door and the line at the line from the wheel well to the trunk.

SC MX5

Here's my 99 Mk2 in 2017, sourced from this very forum. The rear wheel arches aren't so good six years later

Master

Mrs Gyp's NC

Now with 10" infotainment screen and scabby uppydowny panel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was my old Mk2.5:

My recently departed Mk3.75:

My current 25th Anniversary Mk3.75:

The 250bhp Corten-Miller supercharger hiding under the bonnet:

This is the prototype Jota version I had it for a few weeks while it was being developed

I've had this 10 years today. My MK2.5 SVT Sport. Just 43k on the clocks and tweaked to make it a B road blaster.

Craftsman
    Unfortunately my much loved mk1 now looks like this.....
    Dad can I borrow the car!
    No problem son fill your boots !!!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Master
    Our two

Mk1 1.6 Standard

Mk2.5.... not

Loads of opposite lock does not make a fast time, but does make for a good time

Last edited by stiglet; 21st June 2023 at 08:13.

Journeyman
    No pics I am afraid, had amk2.5 that got the grot, wasn't quick but definitely fun. I was actually looking at mk1's last night. Rust seems to be there downfall, but we all know that.

Weekend plaything......or weekend plaything... Either way, lots and lots of fun !!

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post

Love the wing badge

I have this on mine:

Rashly, Lady Sod allows me unfettered use of her 30th Anni ND at weekends &c. Perhaps because I paid BRB to tweak it up to 222bhp... It's an absolute hoot on local lanes.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
    Love the wing badge

I have this on mine:

😂😂

Master

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post

My old car, which I'd have loved to have bought back from Dave (no space on the drive, though).

Master
    I have this on mine:

[/QUOTE]
    Perhaps hard to see when the boot/bonnet is shut, get it in the window.

I'm on my second...

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

One on the left was sold a couple of weeks after buying the one on the right

Loving this thread....what a great idea (patting myself on the back ;o)).

Pleased to see so many NC's (Mk3's)....I wasn't originally a fan when they came out but can't help but feel that the look has aged really well and now is one of the best!. My favourite so far is definitely the 25th Anniversary model.....particularly with that supercharger!! Also a big fan of orange and surprisingly (for me) those gold wheels....really works with the blue. All lovely cars though.

Keep those pics coming.....

Master
    My sisters 25th anniversary MX…. I drive it quite a lot and really enjoy it..👍👍

Craftsman
    My LHD Miata imported into the UK many years ago by a chap I used to work with. Recently swapped out the alloys with the original / renovated steel rims which I love.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    My old car, which I'd have loved to have bought back from Dave (no space on the drive, though).
    Probably drives very differently to how you remember it, Tony

@Er indoors in 'er's outdoors.

The current one - 2015 ND with lowering springs, upgraded ARB's & a remap to the 185BHP of the later versions

and the previous NC

Last edited by andy tims; 30th June 2023 at 10:21.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Disappointing trip to Mazda recently - my son wanted to test drive an MX-5 but it’s not to be. It became very clear to both of us as we reached to push the seats back that neither of us is ever going to fit into the drivers seat, let alone drive one. He’s tall and slim, I’m the prop forward shape he’s going to grow into. I mean, I couldn’t get my knees under the dash in the passenger seat at all! - ironically he learned to drive in a VW up and I could easily sit behind him with him driving. We were both shocked as we’re not giants. Although I guess we might be rather tall in Japan!

Master
    My brother’s family have 3 between them. This is his latest project, an open source electric MX-5:

https://ossev.info/index.php

Pete

My mother has a Mk1 Dakar edition on a P plate which she's owned from new. UK car, not Miata or Eunos.

35k miles and kept in a garage its whole life.

I've told her on no accounts ever is she allowed to sell it, without consulting me or the other brothers first.

When she (aged 78 now, but skis 10 weeks of the year!) is finished with it I have great plans.....

What do you think I should do?
    Suspension refresh and supercharge?
    Dedicated track car?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
    My mother has a Mk1 Dakar edition on a P plate which she's owned from new. UK car, not Miata or Eunos.

I've told her on no accounts ever is she allowed to sell it, without consulting me or the other brothers first.

When she (aged 78 now, but skis 10 weeks of the year!) is finished with it I have great plans.....

Dedicated track car?
    Strip the burr walnut, then suspension, bushes and of course forced induction. Keep it road legal and you can use it more.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doc View Post

Dedicated track car?
    Start here.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynam0humm View Post
    Start here.

Bloody hell, they must be insane to drive!!! I think I need one, bet they are good fun.

Master
    Took mine down to the S O France a few years back and was a delight to drive :0)

It went to another forum member

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Disappointing trip to Mazda recently - my son wanted to test drive an MX-5 but it’s not to be. It became very clear to both of us as we reached to push the seats back that neither of us is ever going to fit into the drivers seat, let alone drive one. He’s tall and slim, I’m the prop forward shape he’s going to grow into. I mean, I couldn’t get my knees under the dash in the passenger seat at all! - ironically he learned to drive in a VW up and I could easily sit behind him with him driving. We were both shocked as we’re not giants. Although I guess we might be rather tall in Japan!
    I wanted a new Mazzy Or the Fiat 124 (Prefer the fiat shape... ) but after trying both realised I wouldn't be able to live with that enormous transmission lump that takes up so much room in both of them. And I'm under 6 foot... :0(

Both my son and I are 6 foot 2, I’m 17 stone and he’s about 12 and neither of us stood a chance of fitting! As you say the transmission tunnel doesn’t help - not with my rugby player thighs! I have a fair few friends who dwarf me, I don’t think they’d get their feet in!

Master
    ^^ As I recall the NC/Mk3 cabin is slightly better for the taller person (I was told this, anyone that knows me would know I’m not in need of that space!). Could be worth a look?
    I had a Mk2.5 Sport a good few years ago, loved the car and did loads of miles in it, modded it and loved it. Think I’ll have another at some point, but want to try plenty of other stuff first.