closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: GMT II Sprite

Craftsman

GMT II Sprite

Have been offered a new sprite from a dealer...

I love the watch... love the green, and although I am right handed, I wear my watch on the right wrist, so being a left handed Rolex it is perfect for me...

Problem is, I will need to clear out a couple of watches (that I would prefer to keep). I know the answer is if stretching the budget, you shouldnt do it... but I do really want this watch.

Keen for people that know more than I on these things, to opine on the Sprite? Guess I am looking for justifiction that I should bite their hand off ?!!!

Craftsman
    Opportunities like this don't come often, and as you wear a watch on the right hand, it makes perfect sense.

If you can eventually replace the watches you plan to sell then I'd do it. I wouldn't clear out any rare watches for this one, as it fair to speculate that it will become more accessible to buy than it currently is (i.e. you'll get another chance to buy the GMT in the future if you're patient).

Master
    When you say dealer I assume you mean AD? If so I assume you expressed an interest and if nothing has changed then you should go for it.

If you mean grey dealer then it’s more about how much over RRP it is and what budget you have set which is a very different question.

Craftsman

Sprite

Thanks guys... really appreciate the input. yes, it is from an AD, and no the two watches that I would part with are not rare.. an IWC Portugeiser chrono and a Jaeger-Le-Coultre Reverso Squadra Hometime

I think I need to go for it... will see if I can manage to keep one of them (preferably the JLC) as I just never wear the IWC.... I guess picking the Sprite up at retail, if it all goes wrong, I am unlikely to lose much on it if it has to go

Master
    I’ve seen it on someone’s wrist once and it looks very nice!

Can you tell us which watches you need to get rid off?

Craftsman

sprite

will be looking to maybe shift my an IWC Portugeiser chrono and a Jaeger-Le-Coultre Reverso Squadra Hometime.. though maybe only one of them... I never wear the IWC these dyas, so that may be the likely candidate...easy enough to replace that if I end up missing it....

It’s defiantly different, I liked it when trying at the AD.

I wouldn’t turn it down. The IWC could go first and then figure out the difference Vs the JLC later.

Master
    I think its a pretty safe buy at retail. If you decide its not for you, you will be a few quid better off if you flip it.

If you can afford to keep all 3 for a short period, you'll have a better idea if its a keeper.

Blog Entries
    That actually looks rather nice. I would certainly buy it and sell others - assuming you’d wear it - too nice to hide away in a watch box.

Slightly off topic - does anyone know if you can buy a president jubilee style steel bracelet for a 116610LV aka Hulk from an AD?
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 13th June 2023 at 19:23.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    Out of interest, Have you got a purchasing history with the AD? Surprised you would get a call out of the blue for a sprite!

Craftsman

sprite

I hadnt seen it on the jubilee bracelet.. now cant decide if nicer on that or oyster!

Yes, have bought from AD previously, and consider myself lucky. re wearing it... or yes... I pretty much only wear by bimetal blue sub/ JC DeepSea.. others dont come out often... Just find they are such solid watches good for everyday wear....Would have no interest in buying / flipping - but I guess nice to know that its unlikely to lose (much!)

So... jubilee or Oyster?

No brainer, just take it and enjoy it.........and then offload the IWC/JLC in due course.

Craftsman
    Yep another vote to take it, but for it would have to be on the oyster. I find the jubilee too dressy for my lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Siysiy View Post
    So... jubilee or Oyster?
    Whichever they offer you

I hadnt seen it on the jubilee bracelet.. now cant decide if nicer on that or oyster!

Yes, have bought from AD previously, and consider myself lucky. re wearing it... or yes... I pretty much only wear by bimetal blue sub/ JC DeepSea.. others dont come out often... Just find they are such solid watches good for everyday wear....Would have no interest in buying / flipping - but I guess nice to know that its unlikely to lose (much!)

So... jubilee or Oyster?
    Jubilee, as you have the oyster bracelet covered already

Craftsman

Spriyte

Thats why I love this place.. you guys are good!
    I think I agree with Jubilee... bit of a change!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    No brainer, just take it and enjoy it.........and then offload the IWC/JLC in due course.
    +1. I would definitely be taking it, have tried it on and it is surprisingly pleasant despite being somewhat different.

Thats why I love this place.. you guys are good!
    I think I agree with Jubilee... bit of a change!

It's your own personal choice at the end of the day but with all my GMT's I really prefer them on an Oyster bracelet compared to the Jubilee models I have in the collection as they look, to me, just more in keeping with the contemporary look that bracelet (Oyster) has.

However I would add that the design of the Jubilee bracelet makes it a "little" more comfortable over the Oyster and also easier to keep looking nice compared to the larger and flatter polished centre links that the Oyster has as those are a lot easier to mark up!

But either is a great purchase so all the best with yours.
    Last edited by Gareth-W; 13th June 2023 at 18:21.

Craftsman
    Another one I tried on recently and despite being sceptical I really liked it…..so it’s a yes from me as well!

Blog Entries

So... jubilee or Oyster?
    Try Jubilee - bit different. Btw - it took me ages to find a JLC DeepSea so don’t advise selling it! Mine says hi:

“ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG