closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bombe Sapphire Crystal. . . . . .

Bombe Sapphire Crystal. . . . . .

Could the more enlightened souls explain the theory about employing such a semi concave Crystal I discovered My Mathey Tissot Elica was a resurrected prototype design and although the company wanted to resurrect the design as a Divers watch hence that Crystal design but lack of a rotating bezel doesn't really make it a true Divers watch.

'true' dive watches required a rotating bezel ?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbaddes View Post
    'true' dive watches required a rotating bezel ?
    They do now if they want to conform to the ISO standard, but early dive watches (watches designed for diving) didn’t have a rotating bezel.
    The Various UDT canteen watches, Panerai, the early MOD C.O.S.D / hydrographic survey watches
    These were / are all dive watches but pre date Blancpain’s invention of the rotating bezel.
    I think the OPs watch pays homage to a watch of this vintage.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 13th June 2023 at 08:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    They do now if they want to conform to the ISO standard, but early dive watches (watches designed for diving) didn’t have a rotating bezel.
    The Various UDT canteen watches, Panerai, the early MOD C.O.S.D / hydrographic survey watches
    These were / are all dive watches but pre date Blancpain’s invention of the rotating bezel.
    I think the OPs watch pays homage to a watch of this vintage.
    Mate thankyou for a superb reply and for helping Me to understand that the timing bezel isn't an old thing cheers again.

Ok after doing some research as My Wife was having treatment - legibility was a key issue and this certainly is a big part of My Mathey Tissot Elica and that also figures with the domed crystal I've also noted the way the dial and indices are designed that is it borrows from early iterations of the Divers watch take a look at the Rolex Deepsea from 1960 that went to a depth of 10000M!!!
    Oh well Mrs B is just coming out of treatment sorry to bore You all but had to do something to pass the time.