closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: GMT Master 2 18k

Craftsman

GMT Master 2 18k

Evening All

2023 18k GMT Master 2

Not on the list for one of these but my dealer got on yesterday and offered it to me. Just wondered people’s thoughts on these - hadn’t considered but have 24 hours to make the call.

It’s obviously a LOT of cash!

Cheers, FJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Personally I love it and have been waiting for one for months.

If I were you I would buy it. If you don’t bond with it I’m sure you would be able to get rid of it without a loss

£32k rrp if I’m correct tho?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by FHKJ View Post
    Evening All

2023 18k GMT Master 2

Not on the list for one of these but my dealer got on yesterday and offered it to me. Just wondered people’s thoughts on these - hadn’t considered but have 24 hours to make the call.

It’s obviously a LOT of cash!

Cheers, FJ

Everose or White Gold?

Craftsman
    Yellow Gold - the new one

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post
    Personally I love it and have been waiting for one for months.

If I were you I would buy it. If you don’t bond with it I’m sure you would be able to get rid of it without a loss

£32k rrp if I’m correct tho?

Yup - £32,600 I believe - and suspect I’m not getting a discount!

Craftsman
    Personally, I’d go for it. Don’t think you’re taking a great risk financially and there’s just something wonderful about gold sports Rolex.

Tried on the 18k gold/blue Submariner recently whilst collecting something else and was blown away by it….seriously tempted.

Good luck with your decision which I suspect will not be easy!

Yellow Gold - the new one

No brainer if you like the new Yellow Gold on Jubilee.

The dial is just fabulous

Master
    As long as you're not hurting yourself to buy it then it's as good as money in the bank. Buy it, enjoy it, swap it in later at no loss. Lucky guy to get to the top of the list.

Master
    I think we are on inexorable course towards something more like trade was for the fifty years before the Three Year Madness, where a big, new gold Rolex does not have a waiting list and suffers hefty depreciation as soon as it is sold.

If you decide too slowly that you do not like it, you may find yourself beached a long way above where the waves are now breaking.

It’s not to my taste as I like my sports watches in a sporty material like steel or titanium, but it’s not my choice and not my money. Fwiw I think these come across as vulgar, but I feel that about most gold watches on a gold bracelet, although I am open to the likes of Oysterflex.

From a financial perspective HM has spoken.

I’m not sure I would want a watch a dealer had cold-called me about, unless it really was what I wanted.

D

Wise words ^

I would hazard that without the cast-iron garantee that it it would not lose money from new- that this will be left at the dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    As long as you're not hurting yourself to buy it then it's as good as money in the bank. Buy it, enjoy it, swap it in later at no loss. Lucky guy to get to the top of the list.
    Not so sure about that any more.

If you want the watch and intend to keep it, then fine, but steer clear if you have any thoughts of flipping and making a quick buck. The fact that AD is offering it to you these days sort of sends out a warning sign.

Craftsman
    All appreciated - nice to hear the mix of sentiments.

Blog Entries
    If you like the watch and can afford it, buy it. If you can’t afford to buy it or don’t want it then don’t buy.

Reading between the lines - I am guessing you didn’t have your name down for one of these.

Consider though buying this may make you eligible to buy one of the steel watches you are really after.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Red face

All appreciated - nice to hear the mix of sentiments.

And the decision?!? You tease!

I thought I’d
    Is this the one, I did try this on myself at my AD and it was stunning in the flesh. Weighed more than a day date I was told.
    Good luck with your decision.

GMT Master 2 18k

Dealer has offers it to you as nobody wants, or is on the list for it.

If you still like it and in the worst case could lose £10k if Rolex took a larger tumble then go for it.

I suspect you are flattered by being offered a new Rolex piece, but that is no reason to buy it

I can imagine wearing that all day beside the pool on my private luxury yacht.

Unfortunately, I can't think of any public situation where I wouldn't feel hugely uncomfortable having such a conspicuously expensive man-bangle hanging off my wrist.

But it is stunning.

Master
    For me an 18k Rolex needs to be either a day date or maybe a Daytona. I don’t think it works with the gmt (but then again haven’t seen one in the flesh)

White gold or Everose gold GMT however…..look amazing

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    For me an 18k Rolex needs to be either a day date or maybe a Daytona. I don’t think it works with the gmt (but then again haven’t seen one in the flesh)

White gold or Everose gold GMT however…..look amazing
    They're all 18k.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    They're all 18k.
    Oops yes, I meant to add yellow gold ! Which is what the OP has been offered I believe?

Craftsman
    I was on the list - put my name down for a couple of 2023 watches - obviously not expecting the call.

I’ve bought the watch - wanted something gold and was disappointed with the green dialed Sppedy so collect this on Friday.

As I said - loved reading the opinions - and it certainly will be a special occasion watch.

FJ

Master
    I was on the list - put my name down for a couple of 2023 watches - obviously not expecting the call.

I’ve bought the watch - wanted something gold and was disappointed with the green dialed Sppedy so collect this on Friday.

As I said - loved reading the opinions - and it certainly will be a special occasion watch.

FJ

Good choice.

Looking forward to seeing it on the Friday thread this week

Congratulations! Love to see a photo on here when you collect it

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Residuals to one side that’s some watch and while the sun is belting it won’t be off.

FJ

It's definitely a FU watch, nice one to have. Something about a full on gold watch w/bracelet that's just hard to beat.

Although genuinely confused about if you were on the list for it at this point lol

Cool

FJ

Congratulations.

Look forward to seeing some pics taken in the sun on your wrist! Enjoy.

Craftsman
    Taking my son with me to collect - he’s very excited thinking about his inheritance…

Taking my son with me to collect - he’s very excited thinking about his inheritance…

Enjoy your day together and make it a memory that you will both cherish for the rest of your lives.

Congrats to the OP, it’s a fine looking watch.

WRT availability, I went into my local AD last week to remove my name from the list for an Airking and get my deposit back. Apparently I missed the last one in February because they got my email wrong and didn’t phone me, but that’s another story.

Anyway, I was discussing watches with the owner and mentioned that I really liked the white hold Yachtmaster, to which he replied “we’ve one in the window you can have today”, which was a bit of a surprise. At £26k however, it was substantially above my budget so it’s still sat in the window waiting for a new owner.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post

WRT availability, I went into my local AD last week to remove my name from the list for an Airking and get my deposit back. Apparently I missed the last one in February because they got my email wrong and didn’t phone me, but that’s another story.

Anyway, I was discussing watches with the owner and mentioned that I really liked the white hold Yachtmaster, to which he replied “we’ve one in the window you can have today”, which was a bit of a surprise. At £26k however, it was substantially above my budget so it’s still sat in the window waiting for a new owner.
    Interesting Dave

What part of the country if you don’t mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post

I picked up WG YM42 in February 2022 when the market was much hotter. Asked a local AD and had it in a week. Don’t think there was ever a long line for them.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    I picked up WG YM42 in February 2022 when the market was much hotter. Asked a local AD and had it in a week. Don’t think there was ever a long line for them.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Opposite for me. Was told at Mappin it was a biography piece (their wording) and that they would have write about time to head office who would review the essay along with my purchase history and see if I was eligible to even go on the list. Meanwhile it was in the window at Goldsmiths reading available as a walk in…

Master
    Fwiw I was offered an everose skydweller on bracelet in December when looking for a significant birthday piece. Loved the watch, but was unsure how comfortable I would be with so much money on my wrist so passed.
    It is still in the window of the AD, still for sale.

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

Agreed Gold sky dwellers on an oyster flex are readily available
    Goldsmiths has one in yellow gold at meadow hall and hinds have one as well both available at list.
    Problem is I think they are overpriced compared to other gold watches with an oyster flex.
    I mean the gold gmt 2 is £32500 on a bracelet so big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Pan16520 View Post
    Agreed Gold sky dwellers on an oyster flex are readily available
    Goldsmiths has one in yellow gold at meadow hall and hinds have one as well both available at list.
    Problem is I think they are overpriced compared to other gold watches with an oyster flex.
    I mean the gold gmt 2 is £32500 on a bracelet so big difference.

When the SkyDweller came out on Oysterflex it was the same RRP as the full bracelet. The full bracelet was price increased by something brutal instead of launching the Oysterflex at a lower price. Beautiful watch but rough pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    When the SkyDweller came out on Oysterflex it was the same RRP as the full bracelet. The full bracelet was price increased by something brutal instead of launching the Oysterflex at a lower price. Beautiful watch but rough pricing.
    Thank you for that
    It does explain the difference but not their reasoning behind it

Craftsman
    Congratulations, that’s a fantastic watch, enjoy it and wear it as often as you can, that’s what they’re for.

Tony

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony E View Post
    Congratulations, that’s a fantastic watch, enjoy it and wear it as often as you can, that’s what they’re for.

Tony
    Agreed and thank you