closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Phone recommendations requested

Master

Phone recommendations requested

Hi... My current phone is a Huawei P30 Lite and I think the battery is giving up... it needs charging more often and the audio is getting more crackly. I've had it for nearly 3 years and it's time for a replacement. Now I know that this is a budget phone but it does pretty much everything I need, so I will be looking to replace it on a like-for-like or slight upgrade basis on SIM free Android. I've started to do some research and my mind is boggling.. I can't get my head around all the terminology (it's age, I'm afraid....) so would ask those in the know to recommend something I should look at in this calibre. I really can't remember what it cost but knowing me it won't have been much more than a hundred or so, therefore that's the target for the new phone. As always, grateful and thanks in advance for any help.
    Rob

Redmi Note 10 and above all pretty good for the money

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

In the last couple of years I can't see that anything really "game changing" has happened in mobile phones, what's your budget as a top notch phone from 3 years ago can easily still be bought brand new for sensible money.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

I've stuck to pixel phones for the last 5/6 years. They are great and should be simple to operate and transfer over to from the phone you have.

The comparison on the Google store is pretty good, new handsets coming out this year do last year's should be had with a good deal

^^^ Second that. Pixel phones are pure Android. I've a 6a which is great. I would be looking at the pixel 7 pro. Brilliant cameras (as was the Huawei
    P30 Pro) too.

Master
    Had a OnePlus 7T for 3+ years and it's been faultless. Battery great, no slow down in speed and I'm still using the lower screen refresh rate as I'm not a gamer. Would definitely consider again.

Another Oneplus fan here, well worth a look

Sent from my CPH2415 using Tapatalk

Master
    OnePlus 9 pro, regret selling mine.

Also Oppo Fenix 5x pro - really really good. Better than my current Samsung s22 ultra.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Why not just get a new battery for your existing phone?

Blog Entries
    We're OnePlus fans in our household and have a 9 Pro, 8, 7T and 5 between us. All work faultlessly - even the 5, which now must be getting on a bit, holds charge without any issue.

I went from a P30 Lite to a Pixel 4a and my next phone will be another Pixel.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Edit, just ordered a Pixel 7a...
    Last edited by gunner; 12th June 2023 at 11:37.

Master
    Another happy OnePlus owner, previous had a Huawei 10 Plus now got a Nord 2. It has great specs and the battery life is great as well as really fast charging time.

There’s a Pixel on SC now which looks good.