closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: iOS 17 and macOS Sonoma

Master

iOS 17 and macOS Sonoma

Last night I put iOS 17 on my 12 Pro Max. All going nicely, zero glitches. Contacts is a bit weird with a vast image space at the top, and the messages and text input is different. Revert to previous spelling function is handy, although the delay is a little short. Battery life ok so far (beta 1). Digitiser mapping is much improved.

Just backing up my MacBook Pro M1 Pro now and going to install macOS 14 Sonoma shortly. Let's see what works and what's ruined beyond comprehension.

Betas are always errant, but generally things are ok. Sonoma is a minor OS, as opposed to Ventura which was major, so I don't expect too much calamity.

Anyone else have an Apple Developer account?

I do but I normally wait for just before the golden master.

I need to read up on which features will be enabled in the uk. I really hope the voicemail feature makes it here as anything similar on Pixel was always US only.

I don’t have a paid developer account so will wait for the public betas. I will probably only put it on my iPad as the least critical of my 4 devices. I have never installed a watchOS or MacOS beta and my iPhone is too important to run a beta.

The autocorrect looks interesting as does the new standby screen. I’m looking forward to trying Stage Manager mk 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    I don’t have a paid developer account so will wait for the public betas. I will probably only put it on my iPad as the least critical of my 4 devices. I have never installed a watchOS or MacOS beta and my iPhone is too important to run a beta.

The autocorrect looks interesting as does the new standby screen. I’m looking forward to trying Stage Manager mk 2.
    I don’t either, used to years back, but this popped up on my phone recently when searching for an iOS update. Worth checking.

You guys are very brave!

I prefer to wait a month or two until, for example, 17.1 is released.

By then they’ve usually caught all the bugs that may have ruined my day.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    You guys are very brave!

I prefer to wait a month or two until, for example, 17.1 is released.

By then they’ve usually caught all the bugs that may have ruined my day.

I'm paid to be brave! I always leap on the new OS as soon as I can to see what the problems are, as I'll be undoubtedly solving them for clients. Forewarned is forearmed.

Ventura preview 1 was hideous! This one will be much better I feel.

I used to dabble with betas but just wait until the full public release nowadays, which will likely be 17.1 or 17.2 depending how it's looking. I keep an eye on how the betas are progressing via watching Zollotech on Youtube. I changed from Monterey to Ventura on my Mac Studio recently and it was a seamless move.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    macOS 14 Sonoma installed - and it's FAST! Way snappier than Ventura, which was already good.

No glitches, no problems, no weirdness (yet). Everything seems to work. Just had to manually open some audio components from Finder to allow them through Gatekeeper, but I always have to do that on a new OS.

It's green.