closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The best Titanium Divers watch out there

Craftsman
    Here's my two ... I absolutely love their legibility, and both are firmly in the rotation. The Hamtun in particular is a great summer watch. The Scurfa has been on the wrist more than anything else I own in 2023 to date, and the competition is strong !

1. Scurfa MS-22
    2. Hamtun Kraken H2

Blog Entries
    Maybe not the best - but one I've had for 13 years & still a classic design IMHO.

z

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Maybe not the best - but one I've had for 13 years & still a classic design IMHO.

Agreed, that Oris is nice.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Plus 2 secounds a day accurate.

Lume designed to be exceptionally clear under water.

Fixed lugs so you wont lose it.

Countdown bezel that you can use either way.

Yes a bi directional bezel but firm and well designed.

I had a Breitling Chrono Avenger M1. I had wanted it for ages as I thought it might be useful for racing, but far too small to see whilst actually racing and doesn't have the beeping countdown that a big, cheap digital watch has.

I currently have a Doxa SUb 800 Ti Professional, that was bought already marked and used so I am not precious about wearing it.

I previously had a Pelagos that was so lovely that I never wore it as Titanium does show all the scratches.

Quote Originally Posted by Inigo View Post
    I had a Breitling Chrono Avenger M1. I had wanted it for ages as I thought it might be useful for racing, but far too small to see whilst actually racing and doesn't have the beeping countdown that a big, cheap digital watch has.

Despite the WR, I don't think the M1 is really a dive watch. I love it and it's brilliant in its own way, but not a dive watch.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

The best Titanium Divers watch out there

This is my only titanium watch (PAM25). It wears really well and it’s such an original design. I love it.

D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by helidoc; 9th June 2023 at 21:30.

Master
    I’ve owned this from new, 9 yrs now! Still one of the best watches out there IMO.

I’ve owned this one for a week. Still in the honeymoon period.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    I’ve owned this from new, 9 yrs now! Still one of the best watches out there IMO.

I’ve owned this one for a week. Still in the honeymoon period.

Has the Tudor needed a service in the 9yrs?

Sent from my CPH2211 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt68 View Post
    Has the Tudor needed a service in the 9yrs?

No, runs beautifully and keeps great time. That said, it has probably only seen 18 months total wrist time in total.

Master
    No, runs beautifully and keeps great time. That said, it has probably only seen 18 months total wrist time in total.
    Ah thanks, I only asked as I have a 6yr old SMPc that I was wondering if I should get serviced, I've never kept a Watch this long, normally the Watches I've bought new have long gone by now.

I am rather taken with Atelier Holgur titanium dive watch. 40mm size, lovely movement. I think it's pretty close to perfect.
    Last edited by Top Cat; 10th June 2023 at 08:13.

I love a titanium diver. I'll submit this Ming beauty.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Picked this up in Japan. Nice sized, light and solar.

I rather like this one, not often seen either.

Mitch

Master
    The only Ti watch I own and there's lots I like about it but it's a fraction big so rarely gets worn.

Master
    Snr cases are large, like a lot of seiko, but very comfy.

What a lovely image of it that is

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    Snr cases are large, like a lot of seiko, but very comfy.
    Agreed, it's lovely and wears great but just looks a bit large; I've learnt 38-42mm is my sweet spot but I'm still reluctant to let it go.

The best Titanium Divers watch out there

And now I have the Trifecta!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by notenoughwrists; 15th June 2023 at 15:35.

Craftsman

Zelos Swordfish

I really liked this watch.

Wish I'd kept it =)

None of my Titanium waterproof watches qualify.

Tutima Commando II
    Sinn EZM1
    Tudor Pelagos FXD

All waterproof enough, but all have bi-directional countdown bezels, so not "suitable" as a dive watch.
    But I'd happily dive with any of them

Am I reading this correctly? You have an IWC timepiece but put it on a piece of velcro to hold it on your wrist? How infradig, it will hold it on your wrist but it is hardly doing the item justice. Have people no shame?

I bought the EZM1 as my grail but once I'd got hold of the 3536 the EZM1 was relegated to second place.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    What a lovely image of it that is
    Thanks Reggie.

More by luck than judgement though. I don’t remember taking it so I looked back into my pictures and found that it was taken on 27/5/2016 at 13:50hrs, making the hands sit like they in marketing shots .

Pure fluke I think.

Loving the 3536s posted!

I know already mentioned but ......

and this is nice

Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Loving the 3536s posted!
    I'll throw mine in then!

Up there with the best looking watches ever made. That and the ingenieur are peak IWC before they lost their footing.

Craftsman
    Recently I was looking at the new 42mm Rolex YM in titanium, I love the simplicity of the watch albeit slightly different. This would have been the best Titanium divers for me.

But having it in hand, I was shocked how light it was (first time I have experienced titanium) and despite its appearance, I am not sure I could live with it or any titanium watch..

Quote Originally Posted by Captaincook View Post
    Recently I was looking at the new 42mm Rolex YM in titanium, I love the simplicity of the watch albeit slightly different. This would have been the best Titanium divers for me.

But having it in hand, I was shocked how light it was (first time I have experienced titanium) and despite its appearance, I am not sure I could live with it or any titanium watch..
    You get over that quickly.
    Then you appreciate the almost-not-wearing-it comfort.
    Then you go back to steel and think it is made of lead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Craftsman
    I owned an IWC 3536 for a while, it's a lovely watch but I was so concerned about scratching it I rarely wore it so I sold it.

I've had this JDM Citizen since 2012, it's not the best titanium dive watch but their duratect coating is exceptional and I like having an Ecodrive.

I also owned the original Pelagos for a few years and probably shouldn't have sold it!

James.

Craftsman

I agree,

the MM600 is a fantastic watch, superbly crafted, high precision movement, very legible and a sheer beast. Loving mine a lot.
    Best regards,
    Guillermo
    Last edited by torromoto; 17th June 2023 at 06:40.

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    I know already mentioned but ......

and this is nice

There is something I really like about these Panerai unfortunately a 24mm leather strap isn’t one of them, 20mm lugs is my ideal which would look silly on a panerai and personally I can’t do leather watch straps

Master
    I'm not saying it's the best titanium watch but it's mighty fine. 5 days power reserve and the most accurate mechanical watch I have owned;

Who remembers this one, I sold mine several years ago on here for about £2200 I think, it was my daily on a two week dive holiday in the Maldives, performed flawlessly and it’s definitely a watch I wish I had kept, fully titanium Gerard Perregaux Seawolf 3000m.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
    And the ubiquitous Pelagos which has just about become about my daily wearer

As to the original question, I'm pretty satisfied with the Pelagos and don't really know what would be "better". Maybe a blue dialed 40mm Pelagos GMT?
    I do like the NTTD, or whatever it's called now and love the chunky-monkey Seiko's but they are just too big for me.
    If you can manage the Pelagos, the NTTD will be fine for your wrist. I sold my Pelagos as it was just bulky for me, but the SMPc 42 fits fine. Great, comfy watch - I love it. I do love the NTTD, but it’s just too pricey for me I think.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeBird View Post
    If you can manage the Pelagos, the NTTD will be fine for your wrist. I sold my Pelagos as it was just bulky for me, but the SMPc 42 fits fine. Great, comfy watch - I love it. I do love the NTTD, but it’s just too pricey for me I think.
    I sometimes think the Pelagos (and the Steinhart really) is nominal on my wrist, but it had everything else I wanted; titanium, ceramic bezel, quality build, adjustable clasp (now that's had some use in this weather) and reasonably under the radar. I did try a 39mm Pelagos whilst on holiday, display model only at the time, and I thought it just a tad too small although it was nice.
    When I first saw pictures of the NTTD I was not struck by it, but having seen one in the flesh, it's growing on me especially on the nato. I'm not planning on dropping a whole wedge of cash on a new watch atm, and I think they are silly money for what they are. But they are nice.
    Last edited by Beanie; 18th June 2023 at 10:14.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    I take your GS, triple the WR and the accuracy with my MM600...

Won't be to everyone's taste but I love it.

Breitling Seawolf would be my other contender.
    I agree, one of the best watches I’ve owned, grade 5 titanium, beautifully built, true divers watch with a proper GMT function, never understood why these were not more popular, they look best on the Sinn rubber by the way.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
    When I first saw pictures of the NTTD I was not struck by it, but having seen one in the flesh, it's growing on me especially on the nato. I'm not planning on dropping a whole wedge of cash on a new watch atm, and I think they are silly money for what they are. But they are nice.
    I loved it, I’d probably prefer a date (just used to them, so without I always find it weird) but they were such a massive premium, that just meant too much for me. Pleased I bought the regular one, thought for ages it was too big, but glad I have it now. Still think the 41 fits better though.
    Pelagos I loved, but eventually just came to fall out of love with the depth and thick slab sides - something I now can’t unsee with a Tudor.

Quote Originally Posted by shalako View Post
    I agree, one of the best watches I’ve owned, grade 5 titanium, beautifully built, true divers watch with a proper GMT function, never understood why these were not more popular, they look best on the Sinn rubber by the way.
    Mine's often on non-Sinn rubber.

Last edited by gunner; 19th June 2023 at 09:33.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeBird View Post
    Tried the NTTD a few months ago, beautiful piece and real comfy. Would be a next watch for sure if go the diver route again

Master
    Blog Entries
    Speaks for itself.

I’m liking my P39 on a new strap received today…

Titanium dive watches and no Tuna yet? 1000m water resistance, tested on camera in the real world and achieving way more than that before malfunction. Ridiculous lume. Robust, accurate movement. There’s no ugly HE valve needed, as that issue has been designed out.

Best of all in my eyes, a watch where form is completely driven by function. Pretty much a unique design.

Also this is the only Ti dive watch I own.