closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PSA Seiko Willard and 1965

PSA Seiko Willard and 1965

Ernest Jones have some good deals on various Seiko including a white Willard, blue 1965 and 1968 and a green 1959 Alpinist. Also some discount codes seem to work on the more expensive of these.

Master
    Thanks! Treated myself to one of these

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ant8519 View Post
    Ernest Jones have some good deals on various Seiko including a white Willard, blue 1965 and 1968 and a green 1959 Alpinist. Also some discount codes seem to work on the more expensive of these.
    Some good stuff there! Any idea what discount codes work?

Well I tried the EJSAVE100 and got £100 off! Only for over £500 purchases.

Master
    Well I tried the EJSAVE100 and got £100 off! Only for over £500 purchases.
    Nice one! Worked for me on the 1968. Hard to pass up at that price. Cheers for the heads up.

You’re welcome. I was really tempted for the 1968. Great looking watch.

Master
    Blog Entries
    You’re welcome. I was really tempted for the 1968. Great looking watch.
    I couldn't find it?

Great stuff OP.

The blue dial 1968 was £1160 but down to £550 with the additional £100 off code. It had free shipping and free Hugo Boss headphones. Bargain!

Last edited by j111dja; 7th June 2023 at 22:53.

As an experiment I put two £260 king turtles in the basket and the code worked. I removed them, but maybe two members here want a save the ocean king turtle for £210 each. One orders both, and sends the second one to the other member after payment?
    The king turtles are just an example, it seems as long as you go over £500 total it doesn't matter how low the cost is per watch.

Craftsman
    Seems I was too late, that blue 1968 would have been nice even with import tax.

They sale off a few returns they had and call them new, check alignments and timekeeping etc

Master
    Dispatch email received for the 68. Will wait and see how it is - i prefer to hope for the best!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    They sale off a few returns they had and call them new, check alignments and timekeeping etc
    I've just received mine. Possible it's a return but it's immaculate. Tag, plastic wrapper, instructions and guarantee card all present and correct. There's no sticker on the caseback, though. Unsure if that's normal. Timekeeping is unknown at the moment.

There is a slight alignment issue - the chapter ring is very slightly out of whack. I'd almost be surprised if it wasn't and I'm not bothered. It's not a click bezel so at least that's nicely aligned.

Very happy with it except for the strap which is ridiculously stiff and won't curve round my wrist. I suppose there's a cure for that but I think it may inherit the nylon strap I removed from my Seiko solar chrono.

Master
    So little little fella dually arrived today, and a damn handsome thing it is to! Like the previous poster, appears to be untouched, with the added bonus of the case back sticker. Bezel looks as near as damn it - if its off its tiny. Only downside was it arrived in the wrong box - it came in the standard white square box, when should be in a blue "Save The Ocean" I'll ask to see if the correct one is available, but as it was the best part of 45% of retail I can live with it f I have to!
    No time to adjust the bracelet, so have put it on a navy blue Erika's. Really sets of the dial - and what a dial it is! All and all very happy with it (at the price paid, maybe not so much at retail)

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    So little little fella dually arrived today, and a damn handsome thing it is to! Like the previous poster, appears to be untouched, with the added bonus of the case back sticker. Bezel looks as near as damn it - if its off its tiny. Only downside was it arrived in the wrong box - it came in the standard white square box, when should be in a blue "Save The Ocean" I'll ask to see if the correct one is available, but as it was the best part of 45% of retail I can live with it f I have to!
    No time to adjust the bracelet, so have put it on a navy blue Erika's. Really sets of the dial - and what a dial it is! All and all very happy with it (at the price paid, maybe not so much at retail)

Nice watch.

You mentioned 45% off. Did you not get the extra £100 off via the voucher, so discounting it to £550? (That's around 52% off).
    Last edited by j111dja; 10th June 2023 at 13:22.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    Nice watch.

You mentioned 45% off. Did you not get the extra £100 off via the voucher, so discounting it to £550? (That's around 52% off).
    Sorry my man maths - yes 52% off, i justify it by rounding it up to 55% off - 45% paid!

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Sorry my man maths - yes 52% off, i justify it by rounding it up to 55% off - 45% paid!
    Great deal.

Well I am slightly disappointed that after starting the PSA mine hasn’t arrived yet!

Well I am slightly disappointed that after starting the PSA mine hasn’t arrived yet!
    That's unusual.

Mine arrived this morning after I missed the DX delivery driver on Saturday. Plastic on the back and on the entire bracelet. Running perfectly. No issues whatsoever.

First things first. The bracelet was removed.
    It i's now on a grey Strapsco silicone with converted fat release bars that fit nice and snug on the case.

I'm impressed.

The finish to both the hour and minute hands is a nice detail. Half brushed, half polished.

Blue silicone. Same spring bars.

Last edited by j111dja; 12th June 2023 at 12:44.