closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 67

Thread: FA Cup Final

  1. #1

    Question FA Cup Final

    Iím calling it 3-1 to Manchester City. Or 0-0 followed by ET and penalties 😄 What say you TZ?

  2. #2
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    7,106
    2-0 Utd
    Come on you reds.

    Ok 2-1
    Last edited by Hood; 3rd June 2023 at 15:10.

  3. #3
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    london
    Posts
    910
    I reckon City will score in the first 13 seconds. Probably Gundogan.

  4. #4
    Grand Master Wallasey Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Wirral - North West England
    Posts
    15,242
    Do City ever lose when they are in front?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by amii21 View Post
    I reckon City will score in the first 13 seconds. Probably Gundogan.
    So close. It was 14 seconds.

  6. #6
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by amii21 View Post
    I reckon City will score in the first 13 seconds. Probably Gundogan.
    Crystal ball???

    Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

  7. #7
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    london
    Posts
    910
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter franks View Post
    Crystal ball???

    Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Normal, I think. I hope so anyway.

  8. #8

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter franks View Post
    Crystal ball???

    Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Posted at 15.04 = sarcasm post?!

  9. #9
    Grand Master Wallasey Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Wirral - North West England
    Posts
    15,242
    1-1 makes for a more exciting game.

  10. #10
    Joke penalty but good for the game

    Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    7,542
    Absolutely comical penalty. Grealish knew nothing about it and was withdrawing his hand. Played in real time its laughable that he could have a) known the ball was coming back and b) been able to alter his body position.
    Ridonkulous

  12. #12
    Just like the bad old days, United have the referee as the 12th man. How was that filthy tackle by Casemiro not a red card?

  13. #13
    Blatant penalty on de Bruyne there too!

  14. #14
    Dives like that should be instant red.

  15. #15
    Wow. Double bounce special. Like under 10s cricket!

    Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    This just feels so much more special having it back at 3pm kick off's, hope it never gets changed again.

  17. #17
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    7,106
    United's passing is woeful

  18. #18
    Grand Master TaketheCannoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    17,928
    Itís always the case. I keep saying it and getting flames for it but it is always the case.

    Quote Originally Posted by ant8519 View Post
    Just like the bad old days, United have the referee as the 12th man. How was that filthy tackle by Casemiro not a red card?

  19. #19
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    15,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    So close. It was 14 seconds.
    Officially twelve seconds.

  20. #20
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    7,542
    2-1 was a very flattering score for man United. Good game although i was expecting a display to rival the champions league second leg from last week... those guys would have put 5 away this afternoon

  21. #21
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    15,182
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Itís always the case. I keep saying it and getting flames for it but it is always the case.
    City were obviously better than twelve man United then!

  22. #22
    Grand Master zelig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glevum, UK
    Posts
    10,450
    Blog Entries
    80
    Farcical penalty - but the better team won.

    z

  23. #23
    Grand Master Wallasey Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Wirral - North West England
    Posts
    15,242
    I nodded off and missed a great chunk of the second half.

    Well done City.

  24. #24
    Master Tenko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    2,031
    Best team won, good luck for the treble!

  25. #25
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    7,106
    Noticed a few non-city fans wishing them well in the final.
    Maybe itís from fans of teams that donít have an intense rivalry with City.
    Would Liverpool or Utd fans be wishing City well in the final?
    Maybe different on the middle class haven of Tz but I canít think the hard core Liverpool fans wanting city to win the Champions league.

  26. #26
    Craftsman wrigles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Mostly Manchester..
    Posts
    294
    Wembley such a disappointing stadium for finalsÖ canít remember the last decent game here.. old Wembley was such a better place to visitÖ boring game..


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. #27
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    18,302
    Shameful refereeing. City won despite that although they were nowhere near their best. Watching Torino vs Inter now on the box and Inter are playing a full strength side. Based on what I've seen so far City have nothing to worry about

  28. #28
    Craftsman wrigles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Mostly Manchester..
    Posts
    294

    FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Shameful refereeing. City won despite that although they were nowhere near their best. Watching Torino vs Inter now on the box and Inter are playing a full strength side. Based on what I've seen so far City have nothing to worry about
    I actually think if this city turn up for champs league final.. I think theyíre losingÖ
    Iím a red.. Iíd say pretty standard reffingÖ which was abysmal..

    Also think we are five years away from city.. awful performance.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  29. #29
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    18,302
    Quote Originally Posted by wrigles View Post
    I actually think if this city turn up for champs league final.. I think theyíre losingÖ
    Iím a red.. Iíd say pretty standard reffingÖ which was abysmal..

    Also think we are five years away from city.. awful performance.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't. I think Inter are probably at the level of Fulham. A bit better than West Ham, worse than Brighton.

    Today's match vs United was the hardest of the 2 Cup finals.

    Suspect Inter will try and make it attritional of course

  30. #30
    Craftsman wrigles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Mostly Manchester..
    Posts
    294

    FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I don't. I think Inter are probably at the level of Fulham. A bit better than West Ham, worse than Brighton.

    Today's match vs United was the hardest of the 2 Cup finals.

    Suspect Inter will try and make it attritional of course
    I agree on the level of football.. I just think city could of finished this game first half quite easily and didnít, they look shaken by easy soft fouls.. Inter will get under cityís skin a lot easier.. I expect a tastier game anyway..


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  31. #31
    Grand Master zelig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glevum, UK
    Posts
    10,450
    Blog Entries
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by estoban7 View Post
    I didn't watch it, but maybe next season we can just watch City signing cheques and then film them receiving the trophies. What's the point in all the stuff in-between? ... because you've never won any of them fairly. You've done it all by bloody cheating


    z

  32. #32
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,607
    Quote Originally Posted by estoban7 View Post
    I didn't watch it, but maybe next season we can just watch City signing cheques and then film them receiving the trophies. What's the point in all the stuff in-between?

    The first thing you can do for me is to chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest fucking dustbin you can find, because you've never won any of them fairly. You've done it all by bloody cheating
    Brilliant 😂😂😂

  33. #33
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,985

    FA Cup Final

    Just got back. Disappointing as a United fan, but at least we were kind of in the game.
    Both City goals were individual skill rather than them running rings around United which is what I was worried about.

    Could have been very different, United need to strengthen and add some character to the team especially up front. Rashford and Sancho just so poor today. Garnacho was good.

    Edited to add:
    Come on Inter !!!

  34. #34
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Just got back. Disappointing as a United fan, but at least we were kind of in the game.
    Both City goals were individual skill rather than them running rings around United which is what I was worried about.

    Could have been very different, United need to strengthen and add some character to the team especially up front. Rashford and Sancho just so poor today. Garnacho was good.

    Edited to add:
    Come on Inter !!!
    Just got back ??

  35. #35
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,985
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Just got back ??
    As you know, they have a diverse fan base.

  36. #36
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    england
    Posts
    1,223
    United are crap. I think next year they will finish 6/7.

    Liverpool and Chelsea will improve.

    Itís crazy how much money they have spent and still how poor the team is.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  37. #37
    Grand Master zelig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glevum, UK
    Posts
    10,450
    Blog Entries
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Disappointing as a United fan, but at least we were kind of in the game.
    ...kind of in the game from a dodgy penalty. The better team won.

    Man Up

    z

  38. #38
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,985
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    The better team won.
    Donít think anybody is disputing that.

  39. #39
    Grand Master Rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Co. Durham
    Posts
    10,137
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    ...kind of in the game from a dodgy penalty. The better team won.

    Man Up

    z
    Grealish was moving forward in the penalty area when his hand was hit so for me a penalty.
    MC outclassed MU in that final and deservedly won.

  40. #40
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    2,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Noticed a few non-city fans wishing them well in the final.
    Maybe itís from fans of teams that donít have an intense rivalry with City.
    Would Liverpool or Utd fans be wishing City well in the final?
    Maybe different on the middle class haven of Tz but I canít think the hard core Liverpool fans wanting city to win the Champions league.
    I wish City all the best for the final, I think Pep and this group certainly deserve to round off the season with another trophy.

    It was not a great game today, I think City coming off the pedal after such an early goal didn't help the entertainment side of things but for me there was only one team ever going to win this final.

  41. #41
    Grand Master Wallasey Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Wirral - North West England
    Posts
    15,242
    I see Celtic won, that was like putting a bet on the sun rising early doors tomorrow.

    Wouldnít it be easier to just hand Celtic all the trophies in August and tell everyone to take a year off.

  42. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Noticed a few non-city fans wishing them well in the final.
    Maybe itís from fans of teams that donít have an intense rivalry with City.
    Would Liverpool or Utd fans be wishing City well in the final?
    Maybe different on the middle class haven of Tz but I canít think the hard core Liverpool fans wanting city to win the Champions league.
    Chelsea fan here, Iím happy to see Utd getting beat in any final but no real problem wishing City good luck winning the League if it stops Arsenal or Liverpool lifting the trophy.
    The Champions League is different, Iím pretty sure I speak with most Chelsea, Liverpool, Utd, Forest and Villa fans when I hope Inter win next week.
    Bitter? Nah, just an old school, now known as ďlegacyĒ, football fan.

  43. #43
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    4,451
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I see Celtic won, that was like putting a bet on the sun rising early doors tomorrow.

    Wouldnít it be easier to just hand Celtic all the trophies in August and tell everyone to take a year off.
    I just hope Ange Postecoglu is still in charge next season. Funny how for the first weeks of last season the Scottish media was telling him to go back to Australia. Now theyíre wanting him to go to Tottenham. The guy is a class act.

  44. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    Chelsea fan here, Iím happy to see Utd getting beat in any final but no real problem wishing City good luck winning the League if it stops Arsenal or Liverpool lifting the trophy.
    The Champions League is different, Iím pretty sure I speak with most Chelsea, Liverpool, Utd, Forest and Villa fans when I hope Inter win next week.
    Bitter? Nah, just an old school, now known as ďlegacyĒ, football fan.
    Your club won most trophies, including two CL, with Abramovic money. Legacy my arse. Just FYI city won the Cup Winners cup in 1970, Chelsea won their first European trophy in 1971.

  45. #45
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,607
    The Grealish Ďpenaltyí incident , IMO, was a clear reminder that VAR is not fit for purpose. An absolute shambles of a decision .
    Alongside the assault by Casemeiro on Akanji and the non penalty on de Bruyne , it shows how the decisions could easily determine the outcome of any game . City won that game yesterday by beating Utd and PGMOL.
    Anyway, on to Istanbul .

  46. #46
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    pride of the north
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    Chelsea fan here, Iím happy to see Utd getting beat in any final but no real problem wishing City good luck winning the League if it stops Arsenal or Liverpool lifting the trophy.
    The Champions League is different, Iím pretty sure I speak with most Chelsea, Liverpool, Utd, Forest and Villa fans when I hope Inter win next week.
    Bitter? Nah, just an old school, now known as ďlegacyĒ, football fan.
    People forget lots of old school people still out there, thats just the passion and loathing we have/had back in the day, my kids, grandkids can't understand it. Like you say, not bitter, no life or death, just a way of life

  47. #47
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    18,302
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    Chelsea fan here, Iím happy to see Utd getting beat in any final but no real problem wishing City good luck winning the League if it stops Arsenal or Liverpool lifting the trophy.
    The Champions League is different, Iím pretty sure I speak with most Chelsea, Liverpool, Utd, Forest and Villa fans when I hope Inter win next week.
    Bitter? Nah, just an old school, now known as ďlegacyĒ, football fan.
    Arsenal fan here. I'd always support an English team in the final of the CL. Even Spurs.

  48. #48
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    18,302
    Quote Originally Posted by LRB255 View Post
    People forget lots of old school people still out there, thats just the passion and loathing we have/had back in the day, my kids, grandkids can't understand it. Like you say, not bitter, no life or death, just a way of life
    Hopefully it gets bred out over time. This tribalism makes no sense. It's a football team that you support. They don't care about you over and above the money you pay to watch them so no need to get in fights and arguments for them - it's not your country you are fighting for its just a football team.

  49. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Your club won most trophies, including two CL, with Abramovic money. Legacy my arse. Just FYI city won the Cup Winners cup in 1970, Chelsea won their first European trophy in 1971.
    Yup, we beat you in the 1971 ECWC semifinal. Keep your bucket hat on.
    I said legacy fan. Chelsea were founded in 1905 not in 2003 by the way, the term Legacy Fan was coined by one of the owners of the breakaway European Super League and means an ordinary fan or season ticket holder who turns up week in week out, rain or shine, maybe buys a program and a pint at halftime not a tourist who spends £££s in the club shop or online who the ownerís value way more.
    Along with most of my old mates whoíve been going to the Bridge with me since the 70ís (1972 in my case) have a certain affinity with most old time City fans as both teams were seen as a bit glamorous in the late 60ís and 70ís and went on our ups and downs and downs again until the early 90ís in our case.
    City will win it all but it would be nice if there was something they didnít win and thatís just the Champions League left.

  50. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Arsenal fan here. I'd always support an English team in the final of the CL. Even Spurs.
    We all know you’re really Roger Nouveau from The Fast Show Ryan.
    Last edited by bigvic; 4th June 2023 at 10:17.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information