closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The best holiday watches

Quote Originally Posted by Planet Ocean View Post
    What a great colour combo for the RN diver, never really looked at this shade of strap for mine....guessing it's classed as Coyote, could I ask where you got it from as I'm thinking I might pick one up now after seeing your photo.
    It's from our host from Timefactors, as you say it's Coyote Brown.
    F.T.F.A.

Blog Entries
    Going to be this one for me now that I’ve sold my Seiko mod

z

Craftsman
    I took two watches on my last trip a couple of weeks ago which covered all occasions, Steinhart Ocean 39 GMT black ceramic and a Casio G-shock GW-M5610U-1ER.

Didn't really want to travel with my more expensive pieces so these two were perfect for the holiday.

I took the gshock this year and it's perfect in everyway, don't have to worry about damaging it, wr and dressy enough for meals out.

This is what I should be wearing on holiday but I need to talk myself into it for our return to France in four weeks

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Journeyman

Currently £13.99 at Argos.

Decent WR
    Unlike to attract unwelcome attention
    Bezel useful for timing the BBQ
    Highly legible for moments when, ahem, one’s vision is slightly comprised
    Hugely comfortable and lightweight

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Barchettaman View Post

Currently £13.99 at Argos.

Decent WR
    Unlike to attract unwelcome attention
    Bezel useful for timing the BBQ
    Highly legible for moments when, ahem, one’s vision is slightly comprised
    Hugely comfortable and lightweight
    I have the polar dial version, it's a pretty decent watch, metal bracelet etc. for the price point...

Master
    I just picked up the very same from WoS Brent Cross. I'm off to Paris tomorrow and didn't fancy sporting an AP ROO Diver while wearing short sleeves.

Very impressed - I love an integrated strap and I love on-the-fly micro-adjustment even more. Quirky case shape and quirky dial design. Ticks all my boxes.

I preferred the 300, but WoS only had that on bracelet without the micro-adjustment. I can see me adding the "Tiffany Blue" Doxa 300 or 300T in the near future. A fabulous and relatively inexpensive masterpiece.

I just wish they'd been more imaginative with the date typeface - if they'd used the same font as the bezel, it would be perfect!

simon

Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post
    This will be my summer 23 main holiday watch

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gladders; 12th June 2023 at 17:27.

Mine, on its holidays:

It helps that the bracelet has a couple of ingenious expanding links which allow the bracelet to expand as your wrist swells in the heat. Works a treat.

A

Master
    Blog Entries
    This would make an excellent holiday watch.

\

My favourite travel watch is the Omega X-33. Trivially easy to set time zones, GMT, many different timers and alarms which are loud enough to wake the dead (or a jet lagged traveller). Also, for all that it’s a big beast it doesn’t really look like a luxury watch or particularly desirable.

If I’m going to be hiking, biking, swimming etc. (or visiting a more “edgy” area), I’ll take a metal square G-Shock, usually also titanium as I appreciate the lightness if I’m somewhere hot.

This Breitling Aerospace Evo night mission has been a superb beach companion.

The chronometer feature and second time zone have been super useful this trip, and on the Breitling rubber strap, has been almost indectable by me and invisible to others on the wrist!

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverte View Post
    This Breitling Aerospace Evo night mission has been a superb beach companion.

The chronometer feature and second time zone have been super useful this trip, and on the Breitling rubber strap, has been almost indectable by me and invisible to others on the wrist!

It's a great holiday watch and one I really regret selling🙄

Master
    Blog Entries
    On a short break,wearing the perfect holiday watch and NATO.

e85 gasoline near me

If I'm on holiday the last thing I am worried about is the time, my stomach tells me when it is time to eat. My thirst tells me when it is beer o'clock, the sun tells me when it is time to make the G n Ts, all I really need a watch for is to get to the ferry on time, so my Seamaster stays with me, same as at home.

Master

Quite like this one for holidays

I haven't taken it on holiday yet! (well a city break last week)

But I just got this Borealis Bull Shark V2 as my 2023 holiday watch...

I don't want to sound like a shill, but for the cost of it (€323 delivered, about £270) I'm really impressed, lume's nuts bright too!

Obviously it's very firmly entrenched in Rolex homage, (no crown guards though) but that doesn't bother me

The bracelet here is a pretty naff* -but functional- £30 eBay 'oyster glidelock' thing that I had lying around.

Anyway really happy with it (it's been running at +6 a week from a 9039 which is great too)

I hate using my phone for photography, but I was fairly pleased with how this came out!

*The bracelet fitted straight on, so I thought I'd save the original, and I prefer a 20-16mm rather than the 20-18 it came with, plus the "glidelock" functionality, but hell's teeth the amount of fettling the bracelet needed to be able to get my thumbnail under the folder over locking clasp, and under the deployant and stop the articulated links binding against each other... Irony being it'll probably go on holiday on a nato and/or tropic!

Do you do more dangerous things, or go to more dangerous places, when you holiday?

I find the Holiday Watch concept all a bit odd.

I wear what I wake up wearing, usually.
    Admittedly I don’t do dress watches as such, so almost everything I own should be capable anywhere I go.

Very occasionally I wear a simple solar g-shock, but that is only because I do move through some less salubrious parts of the world - usually for something other than a holiday. (But then I am usually armed anyway, lol!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    Do you do more dangerous things, or go to more dangerous places, when you holiday?

I find the Holiday Watch concept all a bit odd.

I wear what I wake up wearing, usually.
    Admittedly I don’t do dress watches as such, so almost everything I own should be capable anywhere I go.

Very occasionally I wear a simple solar g-shock, but that is only because I do move through some less salubrious parts of the world - usually for something other than a holiday. (But then I am usually armed anyway, lol!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I don’t enjoy to swim, but when on holiday with my (young) kid it’s all about the pool.. larking about.

I’ve no concerns about water resistance on any of my dive watches, but larking about in the pool and clambering in and out to jump back in or underwater handstands always ends up with a watch bang here or there… which I can live without happening to any of my more expensive and/or cherished pieces

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    This would make an excellent holiday watch.

\

The FXD would get my vote, unless I need to know the date. I'm hoping to do some travelling in SE Asia next Jan/Feb, the 243 will be my choice for that.
    I totally don't want to know the time back home when I am on holiday.

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    I am still enjoying wearing this on my mini break.
    The CNS strap which I brushed the hardware and put in the extra hole has made it much better to wear.
    My wrist did expand in the heat but now I can get the perfect fit.

Tough watch,easy to read I like it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    For many people, the answer to both of those questions is yes. If not "more dangerous things" then certainly more frequent activity then they would do at home. Hiking, swimming, sailing, tennis, golf, windsurfing, skiing..... the list goes on. A holiday also often involves a combination of such activities with more relaxed periods of time, nice meals out etc.

Now, factor in that most watch enthusiasts would choose a watch from their collection (however modest) to suit their activities when at home and the "challenge" for a holiday, to avoid taking mutiple watches, is to find one that does lots of things well. A holiday watch, if you will

And when I say "challenge" I mean a fun little game that we like to play as an excuse to sort through the collection, buy a new strap or two, maybe even a new watch.... and most importantly, talk about it on a forum

I wondered about this for hols this summer. Dressy and small enough for evenings, but with a surprising (to me) 200m water resistance. On balance I decided against - just too much on the dressy side, but it was certainly a contender!

Recently bought for just this purpose, I think it should do well.

Journeyman
    I/We haven't been away yet this year. The better half is finishing cancer treatment and once that's done? We will head on a long and lazy holiday.
    Last year's holiday watches were a Sinn U2-W and an Omega 2535.80 GMT.
    Both handy as Divers but I do love a GMT and travel is surely a natural environment for it😁

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boywithabubblegun View Post
    For many people, the answer to both of those questions is yes. If not "more dangerous things" then certainly more frequent activity then they would do at home. Hiking, swimming, sailing, tennis, golf, windsurfing, skiing..... the list goes on. A holiday also often involves a combination of such activities with more relaxed periods of time, nice meals out etc.

Now, factor in that most watch enthusiasts would choose a watch from their collection (however modest) to suit their activities when at home and the "challenge" for a holiday, to avoid taking mutiple watches, is to find one that does lots of things well. A holiday watch, if you will

And when I say "challenge" I mean a fun little game that we like to play as an excuse to sort through the collection, buy a new strap or two, maybe even a new watch.... and most importantly, talk about it on a forum
    Exactly,its as if people talking about watches on a watch forum is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Recently bought for just this purpose, I think it should do well.
    One of the watches I regret selling. A cracking combination of ruggedness, presence, prestige and proportions.

Great holiday watch.

Not sure if it’s the best due to lack of adjustment and no GMT but I am tempted to go back for another one of these.

Master
    I wore my CWC 83 reissue on holidays last year. Dressed it down on a Nato and dressed it up on a leather single pass. Now why did I sell it?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Not sure if it’s the best due to lack of adjustment and no GMT but I am tempted to go back for another one of these.

I’ve just picked up the blue 35mm quartz version of this. The first thing my wife said was that will be a perfect holiday watch!
    Last edited by JeremyO; 22nd June 2023 at 19:12.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyO View Post
    I’ve just picked up the blue 35mm quartz version of this. The first thing my wife said was that will be a perfect holiday watch!
    I have both the 40mm & 35mm white dial quartz models, both are fantastic but I much prefer the smaller version, slightly different dial texture also....I suspect the 35mm blue dial looks awesome and yes, a great holiday watch.

A 300m Tuna on an Isofrane is always my holiday watch.

I am currently on holiday - my Casio Oceanus S100 for me - smart but functional and perfect time keeping.

Grand Master
    This.....Only need to know the time on holiday.

Wife knows the date were due to fly home!.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Normally I would say my Garmin ForeRunner 945 or one of my G-Shocks.
    But recently my U1 turned out to be also a good choice.

Master
    Squale 60 Atmos

Craftsman
    Farer Aquamatic Freshwater for me. More than enough water resistance than i will ever need in the pool or sea.at my age it also has essential day and date because i loose track of them as i dont have an iphone spot welded to me.

CWC divers for daily use:

Explorer II for traveling and evenings

A couple of Seikos, just because…

And a Doxa

Even coordinates with my shorts :lol:

I have one of these and superb......with a £100 off reduced to £150 its got to be a veritable bargain holiday watch

https://www.militarywatchshop.co.uk/...diver-lithium/

Craftsman
    Last overseas I took this and a backup Gshockl

I always wear this one - covers all bases

Just one watch for me during our stay in Corfu.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk