closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Advice please

Craftsman

Advice please

Folks,

Looking for some advice about this watch which I’ve just discovered in one of my “I’ll get to this box later boxes”.

Unfortunately restoring a watch is beyond me so I am looking to move it on but have no idea of its worth or even its background info. Any vintage experts out there who could advise please?

A old chronograph Suisse !
    A reasonable watch made as Souvenirs for tourists I believe/ according to internet, same as swiss chocolate, cuckoo clocks ect
    Is it running ? The minute hand could have a broken pinion but may have just fallen off !
    Probably Landeron movement but maybe a Valjoux . It looks like a thin gold plated/ capped case, the case backs had to be reinforced as the gold was so thin . Yours looks to be in good condition and should polish up nicely.
    Value wise not a great deal as it's got some issues , a couple of hundred at the very best.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the reply, you’ve given me some great info there…although I had hoped it may have been an heirloom valued at around £1M 😀

I’ve given it a wind and we have ticking! Don’t want it to run too much though as that hand may get bent by the others on the way round.