closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TV/Media Wall/Freesat Advise.

Craftsman

TV/Media Wall/Freesat Advise.

So being a fossil and not really up to date with everything TV I'm looking for advise.

I've been to Richer Sounds today and purchased an LG CS Oled TV after advise from my son.
    My other son who's a carpenter is building me a media wall to house the TV along with my Bose sound bar, Firestick and Freesat box.

My dilemma is can I hide my Freesat box?
    I was looking into the Magic Eye way but understand that those boxes have no RF out?!?!?

Also I've got some many remotes, TV, Sound bar, Firestick and Freesat is there anyway of combining them?

Master
    The LG has a freesat tuner built in I think. You will also find most of the apps are available for webos so can just use the one remote. Though I use ATV for all my streaming use in the main.

Master
    You could use a Logitech remote to combine all the remotes into one.
    We’ve used one for years and they work well.

There may well be newer, more modern options as we did this quite a while back.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    You could use a Logitech remote to combine all the remotes into one.
    We’ve used one for years and they work well.

There may well be newer, more modern options as we did this quite a while back.
    The Harmony is discontinued and they're commanding a premium on eBay. Logitech say they're keeping support for it, for now.

There seems to be limited options to replace it, some of which are apps rather than a remote: https://www.universalremotereviews.c...-alternatives/

I prefer a physical remote and keeping my Harmony Elite for now.

Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    The LG has a freesat tuner built in I think. You will also find most of the apps are available for webos so can just use the one remote. Though I use ATV for all my streaming use in the main.

This is the answer. Ditch the Freesat box. The LG has Freesat built in, as well as all the apps you could need - I'm not sure what you'd need the Firestick for either.

The LG TV was a boon for me, I've nothing plugged into it anymore, everything I need is an app on it; AppleTV, YouTube, Disney, Netflix and even Plex.

The LG remote (via some form of magic) controls my Yamaha sound bar too, so only one remote needed.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the advise everyone.
    I knew the TV had built in Freesat but the problem is we need to use the series link/record facilities of the box.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by xpatx View Post
    Thanks for the advise everyone.
    I knew the TV had built in Freesat but the problem is we need to use the series link/record facilities of the box.
    If it’s similar to my lg C9 you can just plug hard drive into usb behind tv to handle all recording duties.

Master
    Regarding series link/recording since Tivo (the original) left I don't bother any more. Most stuff is either on repeat or available on catch up via things like iPlayer where often the whole series appears in one hit at the start anyway.

Master
    Can I just say something about your media wall: on no account make the openings to fit the equipment. In time you will need to replace items & the new ones will not fit.

Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    Regarding series link/recording since Tivo (the original) left I don't bother any more. Most stuff is either on repeat or available on catch up via things like iPlayer where often the whole series appears in one hit at the start anyway.
    This is what I’m banking on if I leave Virgin next month. I rarely use the TiVo now as the TV does everything. The only thing I’m unsure about is BT Sports for the footy next season. Not sure how to get it without a TV provider?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    This is what I’m banking on if I leave Virgin next month. I rarely use the TiVo now as the TV does everything. The only thing I’m unsure about is BT Sports for the footy next season. Not sure how to get it without a TV provider?
    There is a BT Sport app you can use. It just works slightly differently depending on where you are running it from. E.g. the EE mobile one used to not allow casting. But that may have changed. Certainly ATV has it and I think the LG had it too.