TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Bremont Viper

Grand Master
    73g is summertastic

NATO is fresh

More Viper Shots
    RIAC

Tried one on today and loved it. The hands look so much better in real life. The wife bought a Fury which is also lovely

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    Tried one on today and loved it. The hands look so much better in real life. The wife bought a Fury which is also lovely
    Its very surprising isnt it. ? Shouldnt work but does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RIAC

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post

I had a long chat with a friend, who is a dealer I’ve known for the past 15+ years and felt even more confident the Viper is a worthwhile watch to add to my collection, so I placed an order about 3 weeks ago and look forward to the call when the watch is ready for collection.

Have you had the call yet Nicholas?
    RIAC

Grand Master
    I ask as there is now a 3 month wait on orders being satisfied but have access to one immediately if required.
    RIAC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Thanks Kerry. I thought the 4mm over the Sub would be too much, but not at all obvious from your photo. Nothing beats in person of course, but never easy up in these parts. If only Henley was a stroll for me... (o;
    Our UK main office was on the banks of the Thames in Henley. Perhaps a reunion is in order. The Angel is a great place for a beer and catch up.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    The wife bought a Fury which is also lovely
    Awesome watch, I'd love to see that posted.

Here's mine trying on the Supernova

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Our UK main office was on the banks of the Thames in Henley. Perhaps a reunion is in order. The Angel is a great place for a beer and catch up.
    Hey Martyn - you might be mixing me up with Kerry (I've only once visited London, and never Henley - would like to though, despite the lack of fresh air compared to Scotland, my friend often visits for rowing events). P.S. Good of Tony to have you round for beers and catch-up though !

Now I pulled out of my 32xx Rolex purchase (given the much-discussed movement issues), I have £14k sitting about doing nothing - trying to resist on the Viper (expecting I'll just find it too light) ...

The Bremont Viper

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    73g is summertastic
    Not sure I understand why a 73g watch is more summer ready than my 600m SS 15mm thick GMT diver that only weighs 41g more.

I have never thought I need a lighter watch for summer, especially one that will lighten my wallet significantly more that it will lighten the weight.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Not sure I understand why a 73g watch is more summer ready than my 600m SS 15mm thick GMT diver that only weighs 41g more.

I have never thought I need a lighter watch for summer, especially one that will lighten my wallet significantly more that it will lighten the weight.
    I find lighter watches feel or are cooler on the wrist when warm, I guess it feels like less weight pressing down so more air circulates, maybe psychological bit definitely works.

I don’t think you need a lighter watch for summer but its nice that it is that way in summer if that makes sense, bit like I prefer a lighter watch when skiing, cycling, or doing sports in it, just feels easier I find.

And if it lightens your wallet significantly then best save the pennies, it hardly lightened mine I just loved the watch.
    RIAC

Looks great, love it.

Master

The Bremont Viper

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post

Must be delicate wrists to notice, as like you cannot believe the weight of a pack of crisps on the wrist is noticeable.

And if it lightens your wallet significantly then best save the pennies, it hardly lightened mine I just loved the watch.
    That comment makes you come across like an utter tool tbh.

Grand Master

The Bremont Viper

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Must be delicate wrists to notice, as like you cannot believe the weight of a pack of crisps on the wrist is noticeable.

I notice it sometimes its true to me maybe im finely tuned after thousands of wristwatches

That comment makes you come across like an utter tool tbh.

Cheers so did yours but i was too polite to mention x

Last edited by 100thmonkey; 21st July 2023 at 21:31.
    RIAC

Master
    Cheers so did yours but i was too polite to mention x

You don't think mentioning a 6k watch 'didn't lighten your wallet' doesn't make you come across like an utter tool given what many are facing currently....

Class act. Your 6 figure salary not begin with a 1 as well?

Grand Master
    You don't think mentioning a 6k watch 'didn't lighten your wallet' doesn't make you come across like an utter tool given what many are facing currently....

Class act. Your 6 figure salary not begin with a 1 as well?
    No it doesnt. Do you not think saying that you could do without a watch that significantly lightens yours does! Should i apologise for not thinking £5.5k is significant? Or should you for arguing the toss about a watch you have never worn and are uninformed.

What is the value of your house? Or car? I am sure on some level it would be significantly high to many!

For the record many might be facing difficult times but preaching that matters to a luxury watch forum and a council lad falls on deaf ears. No six figure salary here pal. That the beauty of volunteering x

RIAC

Master
    No it doesnt. Do you not think saying that you could do without a watch that significantly lightens yours does! Should i apologise for not thinking £5.5k is significant? Or should you for arguing the toss about a watch you have never worn and are uninformed.

What is the value of your house? Or car? I am sure on some level it would be significantly high to many!

For the record many might be facing difficult times but preaching that matters to a luxury watch forum and a council lad falls on deaf ears. No six figure salary here pal. That the beauty of volunteering x

Keep blowing those kisses like some form of placation, princess.

It is a watch forum, not luxury one - even our host's watches are not 6k wrists baubles.

Your comment on it 'not making your wallet lighter' was crude, period.

Me never wearing it (or wanting to), is not relevant in the slightest. Where am I uninformed of not owning a watch 41g lighter, please inform me.

You spouting up 'council lad' is just a poor excuse to try and win some points or sympathy; pathetic. Class is how you handle yourself, not where you came from.

My cars and house are more expensive than some, much cheaper than others.

When I share photos of the former, I do not follow up a reply of a compliment with 'save your pennies if your wallet is too light' or get wound up when people disagree with my choices.

How does 'the beauty of volunteering' pay for a 6k watch, think you are forgetting the salary previously?

Enjoy your watch.

Grand Master
    Keep blowing those kisses like some form of placation, princess.

It is a watch forum, not luxury one - even our host's watches are not 6k wrists baubles.

Me never wearing it (or wanting to), is not relevant in the slightest. Where am I uninformed of not owning a watch 41g lighter, please inform me.

You spouting up 'council lad' is just a poor excuse to try and win some points or sympathy; pathetic. Class is how you handle yourself, not where you came from.

My cars and house are more expensive than some, much cheaper than others.

When I share photos of the former, I do not follow up a reply of a compliment with 'save your pennies if your wallet is too light' or get wound up when people disagree with my choices.

How does 'the beauty of volunteering' pay for a 6k watch, think you are forgetting the salary previously?

Enjoy your watch.
    Cheers Drillbit

RIAC

Game set match

I can't quite fathom why the comments have got your back up so much?

I read those comments and thought they were simply a response to the previous post where the comment made was that it lightened a wallet more than lightening the weight on the wrist. There's another thread on the first page of the forum where someone has just purchased a platinum Rolex Daytona and stated the purchase price. Do you also consider it offensive that someone is able to afford that without much of a thought? It is what it is in my opinion.

as for the weight, I don't know the exact difference in grams between equivalent sized titanium and steel watches but the difference in weight on the wrist is very noticeable. I haven't tried the Viper and it might be too light as I like a heavier watch but some prefer lighter watches and for those, the weight difference will matter.

Master
    Ah well, we all like a drink on a Friday night. I've only had a cup of tea myself so I won't join in. Really distinctive watch, love it.

Have you had the call yet Nicholas?
    Sorry, I’ve only just seen this. Yes, I picked up mine about 6 weeks ago.

Grand Master
    Perfect. Welcome to the 300 Club
    RIAC

Thank you. I’m really glad I took the plunge. It is a great watch.

Thank you. I’m really glad I took the plunge. It is a great watch.
    How do you find the weight / presence on the wrist? I'm still mulling it over ...

Perfect. Welcome to the 300 Club
    The colouring makes sense now.

Grand Master
    These have sold out but if anyone missed out and is after one just PM me.

Genuinely a dream to wear and if its your bag a very strong investment for the future.
    RIAC

Master

Genuinely a dream to wear and if its your bag a very strong investment for the future.
    My best man from 13 years ago fancies one as decided he prefers it suddenly to an orange PO chrono!

Is the one you refer to the 69 as he can’t deal with that number for an LE?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just for info I was in the boutique this week and they offered me several numbers including one I fancied. Just mulling it over now.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    Just for info I was in the boutique this week and they offered me several numbers including one I fancied. Just mulling it over now.
    Website shows out of stock now, any stock is in store in very small numbers I believe!
    RIAC

Website shows out of stock now, any stock is in store in very small numbers I believe!
    I’m sure that’s right. He had serial number 00x in the store which I was allowed to look at but not wear. It is a very nice watch. I want it.