closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 94 of 110 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,700 of 5475

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Less than 24 hours to go, bet there’s butterflies in City’s stomachs.

Will Ake cope with Anthony’s creativity? - 10 yards forward, kill the ball, cut in and to the side, lose ball, rinse and repeat.

Might be watching this old-style Dr. Who from behind the sofa.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Anything can happen in a derby game.

Arsenal away at Sheff Utd on Monday so a chance to boost goal difference.

Liverpool will get found out at some stage, they huffed and puffed today and a better side would have put them away today.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    That was unreal. Fair play, never give up.

Not sure what the kerfuffle at the end was about?
    Apparently, Konate feigned a head injury then got up as soon as the referee stopped play. Referee then, incorrectly, gave the ball to Kelleher. (Haven't seen it; just what I heard on the
    radio.)
    Last edited by David_D; 2nd March 2024 at 18:34.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Apparently, Konate feigned a head injury then got up as soon as the referee stopped play. Referee then, incorrectly, gave the ball to Kelleher. (Haven't seen it; just what I heard on the
    radio.)
    Ah OK, that wasn't why the goal was scored though. Forest were messing about on the edge of their box, Liverpool got it back and scored. The defeat is on Forest's defenders not the ref IMHO.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Ah OK, that wasn't why the goal was scored though. Forest were messing about on the edge of their box, Liverpool got it back and scored. The defeat is on Forest's defenders not the ref IMHO.
    Yes I think it was a great bit of play from Endo to get the ball back on the edge of the box before McAlistair whipped it in. Gakpo frustrating to watch again

Master
    Blog Entries

Liverpool will get found out at some stage, they huffed and puffed today and a better side would have put them away today.
    Don't think they'll get "found out". Definitely struggling with games thick and fast and injuries though.

Master

i think Liverpool have too many goal scoring threats and will be there or thereabouts if they get a few back from injuries in the next couple of weeks.

Still think Citeh win it though

Master
    As I say, only half listening to the radio. Maybe Forest suggesting Liverpool scored in the "extra" time added for that "incident"? Anyway, irrelevant to the result.

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Don't think they'll get "found out". Definitely struggling with games thick and fast and injuries though.
    Sorry I phrased that badly. I'm not implying they don't deserve to be where they are, I just think with injuries eventually a better side than Forest will beat them. I fancy City to win at Anfield next week as an example.
    Last edited by ryanb741; 2nd March 2024 at 19:12.

Massive error by the ref who gave the ball to Liverpool when Forest were in possession when Konate went down. Totally unacceptable but hey, Liverpool innit.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Massive error by the ref who gave the ball to Liverpool when Forest were in possession when Konate went down. Totally unacceptable but hey, Liverpool innit.
    Forest did win the ball back twice after that though and then their defender decided to try to dribble out of his own box in the 99th minute so if I was the Forest manager I'd be annoyed with that guy and not the ref.

Master
    Sorry I phrased that badly. I'm not implying they don't deserve to be where they are, I just think with injuries eventually a better side than Forest will beat them. I fancy City to win at Anfield next week as an example.
    Klopp basically managed the last few weeks so Salah, Nunez, Szob, Robertson, Trent, Alisson, are all fit for the City game.

Liverpool have to beat City in that game if they are going to clinch the title and Klopp is going all in for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Com'on Luton

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

I love watching Luton, they never ever give up!

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Com'on Luton

Don't you EVER give it a rest ???

Master
    Blog Entries
    They are definitely hanging in by a thread. I agree I think city will definitely win. Whatever happens it's great for the prem how close it all is.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I love watching Luton, they never ever give up!
    So you secretly love Liverpool then.

Bugger

Re the Liverpool match the Forest fans were singing at Darwin Nunez 'you're just a sh*t Andy Carroll'!!!

That sure came back to bite them!

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    They are definitely hanging in by a thread. I agree I think city will definitely win. Whatever happens it's great for the prem how close it all is.
    For Arsenal it is better City get a result at Anfield as then we can beat them at the Etihad and the title is in our hands in terms of we know if we win our games then we get the trophy. And Arsenal don't fear City any more, we know we'll cause them big problems (whether that's enough to win is another matter of course).

With Liverpool Arsenal could win all their games but if Liverpool win all theirs then it is academic.

Master
    Blog Entries
    For Arsenal it is better City get a result at Anfield as then we can beat them at the Etihad and the title is in our hands in terms of we know if we win our games then we get the trophy. And Arsenal don't fear City any more, we know we'll cause them big problems (whether that's enough to win is another matter of course).

With Liverpool Arsenal could win all their games but if Liverpool win all theirs then it is academic.
    I just can't see Liverpool winning all their games at all. Great to see the top 4 with a good few losses and draws though. Makes it all much more entertaining.

Good win for Villa in the end, and pleased to be 5 points ahead of Spurs, with us playing them at home next weekend. Another injury this week, Jacob Ramsey (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    Good win for Villa in the end, and pleased to be 5 points ahead of Spurs, with us playing them at home next weekend. Another injury this week, Jacob Ramsey (again).
    Not sure about 'Good'. Valuable, essential, important, maybe, but not good, at least in the 2nd half

Villa look an absolute menace in transition and Watkins is turning into an elite striker. The composure to take the ball down, turn and finish into the far corner (2nd goal that was originally given offside but VAR overturned) was magnificent.

They'll get Top 4 I reckon - probably 4th unless one of the top 3 really sh*t the bed but seeing as they were probably going to get relegated before Emery took over is a fantastic turnaround.

Did anyone watch Valencia vs Real Madrid? Unbelievable ending, deep in injury time a Real Madrid cross comes in, ref blows for full time as it's still in flight, Bellingham heads it in an instant later, ref disallows it as he'd already whistled for full time, Bellingham I think pushes the ref (couldn't see clearly) and gets a straight red!

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    I have to say that, if you beat us next week, fourth should be yours..

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Does that mean you'll be cheering on Arsenal in the CL so that England gets a 5th place?

Does that mean you'll be cheering on Arsenal in the CL so that England gets a 5th place?

Some strike that……..Tony Yeboah esque

I’ve been to The Emirates today for the first time, suitably impressed.

Master
    I’ve been to The Emirates today for the first time, suitably impressed.
    Are the advertising hoardings double height? They look huge on TV

No they were regular size.

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Are the advertising hoardings double height? They look huge on TV

Master
    No they were regular size.
    They’re not. Just googled it. Been bigger for 3 years. They are impressive I have to say. Great game to be at, even if it was very one sided

I noticed them because there was a maintenance cart behind which was slightly lower than the top of the boards. I really didn't think there was anything unusual but you learn something every day

As for the game, even as an advocate of the girl's game, I thought the quality was terrible. Arsenal recently have fallen into that Arsenal culture of a hundred passes when three will do. They look like they want top win the possession stats game and nick a goal. I bet 80% of their total attempted passes yesterday went sideways or backwards. There were so many times when Russo was screaming for the quick pass down her right hand side and she'd be in but no, sideways again, then back to the CB, then back to midfield. Honestly it's so frustrating to watch. As for Spurs, they're just awful. They could have played all day and not scored. Ironically their best player, Naz, is an Arsenal academy graduate.

What struck me more than anything at the game was how white the crowd was. In North London! It really wasn't representative of the local population at all. Mind you, neither is the team or the squad and it's a recognised problem at the club. It's harder to be it if you can't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    They’re not. Just googled it. Been bigger for 3 years. They are impressive I have to say. Great game to be at, even if it was very one sided

Master
    My daughter plays and she loves it but compared to the men’s games the level is absolutely horrific.

The old rogue Joey Barton gets a complete shoeing for his not very well articulated points regarding the women’s game but he’s actually bang on with his point.

Men and Women’s football are entirely different sports and you’ve got to treat them as such.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    My daughter plays and she loves it but compared to the men’s games the level is absolutely horrific.

The old rogue Joey Barton gets a complete shoeing for his not very well articulated points regarding the women’s game but he’s actually bang on with his point.

Men and Women’s football are entirely different sports and you’ve got to treat them as such.

As soon as Barton talks everyone should collectively turn off; the guys a dick

but the women's game is a very different beast to the men's; can't disagree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post

"Old Rogue". Seriously.

Legal issues

In 2006,*Merseyside Police*investigated after Barton exposed his buttocks to*Everton*supporters following a game on 30 September. On 4 October, they announced that they would be taking no further action.[240]

On 13 March 2007, Barton was arrested on suspicious of assault and criminal damage following an altercation with a taxi driver in*Liverpool*on 4 March.[241]*He was cleared of this charge in May 2008, after his cousin, Joshua Wilson, admitted to causing the damage.[242]

On 1 May 2007, Barton assaulted his teammate*Ousmane Dabo*during a training session. Dabo was hit several times, left unconscious, and hospitalised with head injuries, including a suspected detached*retina.[243]*On 16 May, Barton was arrested and questioned by*Greater Manchester Police,[244]*and was later charged with assault.[245]*He initially pleaded not guilty, but later changed his plea to guilty.[246]*On 1 July 2008, Barton was sentenced to a four-month suspended prison sentence plus 200 hours of community service and ordered to pay £3,000 compensation and Dabo's court costs.[5]

In the early hours of 27 December 2007, Barton was arrested on suspicion of assault in*Liverpool*city centre. Barton punched a man twenty times, causing him to lose consciousness, before attacking a teenage boy.[247]*At the time, Barton was on bail for two previous arrests, and he was denied bail for the third arrest.[248]*Barton pleaded guilty to the offence, and, on 20 May 2008, he was sentenced to six months in jail. Barton's cousin, Nadine Wilson, and his brother Andrew Barton also pleaded guilty to their part in the assaults and received suspended sentences.[3]

In August 2008, Jamie Tandy pursued a civil claim against Barton. Barton had stubbed out a lit cigar in Tandy's eye in 2004 while Tandy was a youth player at*Manchester City. Tandy claimed that the incident caused a "major psychiatric deterioration in his health that has destroyed any chance he may have had of playing professional football at a high level."[249]*In November 2009, Barton agreed to pay Tandy £65,000 as part of an out-of-court settlement.[250]

On 4 June 2012, Barton was arrested alongside three other men after a fight outside a nightclub in*Liverpool.[251]*Barton claimed that he had been "sucker punched" in the incident. The following month, all four men were told they would face no further police action.[252]

On 13 April 2019,*South Yorkshire Police*launched an investigation after Barton was alleged to have assaulted opposition manager*Daniel Stendel*in the*Oakwell*tunnel following a game between*Fleetwood Town*and*Barnsley.[253]*In July 2019, Barton was charged with causing actual bodily harm and bailed until 9 October 2019.[254]*He pleaded not guilty.[255]*On 6 December 2021, Barton was found not guilty of the charge.[256]

In July 2021, Barton was charged with the assault by beating of a woman at an address in*Kew, London in June 2021.[257]*In March 2022, a court heard that Barton was accused of kicking his wife in the head and grabbing her throat while drunk, the case being adjourned to 23 June due to a late arrival of emails.[258]*The case was further delayed until the end of October, Barton's defence team being set a deadline of two weeks to provide the list of witnesses that they would be presenting and say whether or not the alleged victim would be called as a defence witness.[259]*The case was dismissed on 31 October on grounds of the impossibility of Barton receiving a fair trial because prosecutors would not call the alleged victim to testify.[260]

Master
    Eh ?

Oxford dictionary :Rogue - a dishonest or unprincipled person.

Are you saying Mr Barton is honest and or principled ?

Barton? Hard Man? Yeh, right

Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

'Old Rogue'.

We all know exactly what you meant Ivan.

He ain't Lovejoy, he's a scumbag
    Last edited by xxnick1975; 4th March 2024 at 21:12.

Must be a fire alarm at Bramall Lane, everyone’s piling out.

Master
    'Old Rogue'.

We all know exactly what you meant Ivan.

He ain't Lovejoy, he's a scumbag
    Exactly what I mean ? What are you on about ?

Barton’s a verified narcissistic maniac I think we all agree.

I’d put him just above Giggs in the scum bag department.

Must be a fire alarm at Bramall Lane, everyone’s piling out.
    https://twitter.com/SeedsRob1984/sta...B5i2zOYxQ&s=19

Hilarious 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    It would put us in the driving seat but there's a long way to go yet. Jacob Ramsey is going to be out for the rest of the season because a screw in a plate in his foot came out against Luton after being stamped on, so he needs a third lot of surgery on it. I really do hope that both teams stay above Man U though.

Villa have had more casualties than the Russian Army!

FFP looming for Villa?

I can’t see how they can avoid it.

FFP looming for Villa?

Craftsman
    I can’t see how they can avoid it.
    They are going all in for that champions league money

I read an explanation for the Villa loss and if correct makes an interesting read:

20/21 £37.3m loss
    21/22 £0.4m profit
    22/23 £119.6m loss
    Total £156.5m loss

Covid losses: £56m
    Youth team: £45m
    Women's team: £10m
    Infrastructure: £30m
    Total allowable losses: £141m

Total FFP loss over three-year cycle: £15m

The allowable loss over three years is £105m so there's £90m left in Villa's war chest and no necessity to sell any players.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I read an explanation for the Villa loss and if correct makes an interesting read:

20/21 £37.3m loss
    21/22 £0.4m profit
    22/23 £119.6m loss
    Total £156.5m loss

Covid losses: £56m
    Youth team: £45m
    Women's team: £10m
    Infrastructure: £30m
    Total allowable losses: £141m

Total FFP loss over three-year cycle: £15m

The allowable loss over three years is £105m so there's £90m left in Villa's war chest and no necessity to sell any players.
    Lots of Villa fans have been gnashing their teeth over this, but as you point out, they're only going off the headline net profit figure from the accounts, and not taking into account any adjustments like the Covid adjustment. I've seen the covid figure of £56m reported in various places, but where have the youth team and womens figures come from, as they look very high to be honest?

The other thing that gives me comfort is if we were that close to the FFP limit, why would we have bought Rogers and the young right back in the January window?

I do wonder about Chris Heck though, why on earth would you cancel a major stadium expanion when our income is so far below that of the other top 6 clubs? if he wants to build a new ground, that's going to take 8 years plus and means we're going to have a ground capacity in the bottom half of Premier League clubs, with two stands not really fit for purpose with terrible facilities.