TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 90 of 110 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,500 of 5472

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Hell of an atmosphere at the Etihad.

https://x.com/thekopwatch/status/175...875711923?s=46

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Coming out after the game , I was astonished that I could hear the atmosphere from Klanfield at over 30 miles away .
    Truly the greatest supporters in world football .

Master
    No defending this one Mr Goat, I’ve been at games in the park with more noise.

Why would I try to defend it ?
    Atmosphere was flat, it usually is for an early kick off .
    Is Liverpool the only ground in the world that has an amazing seething cauldron of noise for 90 minutes ? I’ll guarantee it would’ve been flat yesterday v Burnley for large parts of the game .
    But hey , if that’s all you’ve got, knock yourself out

After the Arsenal vs Liverpool match Klopp paid tribute to the Emirates crowd, saying he had been fortunate in his time managing both Dortmund and Liverpool to enjoy superb crowd support but that he'd never experienced an atmosphere with so much passion as he had at the Emirates.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    After the Arsenal vs Liverpool match Klopp paid tribute to the Emirates crowd, saying he had been fortunate in his time managing both Dortmund and Liverpool to enjoy superb crowd support but that he'd never experienced an atmosphere with so much passion as he had at the Emirates.
    Obviously this isn't true but I'm just assuming we are all making up our own stats right?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Why would I try to defend it ?
    Atmosphere was flat, it usually is for an early kick off .
    Is Liverpool the only ground in the world that has an amazing seething cauldron of noise for 90 minutes ? I’ll guarantee it would’ve been flat yesterday v Burnley for large parts of the game .
    But hey , if that’s all you’ve got, knock yourself out
    There will be plenty of vlogs for anfield yesterday on YouTube. Every single player cheered, you’ll never walk alone belted out.

I’ve been all over the world watching football and I’ve never seen anything like that in the clip.

Absolutely dire.

We all know SJP has the best atmosphere in the EPL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    There will be plenty of vlogs for anfield yesterday on YouTube. Every single player cheered, you’ll never walk alone belted out.

I’ve been all over the world watching football and I’ve never seen anything like that in the clip.

Absolutely dire.

Oh no
    Cult belts out a 50s show tune in carefully choreographed setting each week and the world of football bows its head in reverence .
    Maybe you should lobby the PL for an extra point if you exceed a certain level.
    BTW , That clip was definitely not taken two minutes before kick off . The teams aren’t even on the pitch .
    I’ve been to Klanfield numerous times . The atmosphere is neither better or worse than any other PL ground . Indeed the only times they raised the noise level was when booing multi Premier League winner Raheem Sterling .

Some of our pies are a little on the tasteless side if you need something else to have a go at City for .

Arsenal could easily be 8-0 up at half time.

Great for our goal difference, West Ham have crumbled.

Let's hear the West Ham fans boo Rice now.....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Oh no
    Cult belts out a 50s show tune in carefully choreographed setting each week and the world of football bows its head in reverence .
    Maybe you should lobby the PL for an extra point if you exceed a certain level.
    BTW , That clip was definitely not taken two minutes before kick off . The teams aren’t even on the pitch .
    I’ve been to Klanfield numerous times . The atmosphere is neither better or worse than any other PL ground . Indeed the only times they raised the noise level was when booing multi Premier League winner Raheem Sterling .

Some of our pies are a little on the tasteless side if you need something else to have a go at City for .
    What’s carefully orchestrated ?

For big games Anfield is unrivalled in terms of atmosphere.

You’ll find clips all over the internet from players and managers being in awe at playing at Anfield.

St James park atmosphere and Celtic Park two others that are superb for big games.

City atmosphere is horrendous and they actually do try and orchestrate it.

Your club tapes flags to the seats and have adverts on radio to sell seats.

There’s no argument here, the atmosphere at City is horrendous.

Was your seat full yesterday Ivan ?

Tape flags to the seats ? That’s a couple of games a season , Real Madrid springs to mind . And you know what ? People will take them home for souvenirs etc . What does your club do for the fans besides let the local area become run down so they can buy up residents homes on th e cheap .
    Adverts in the radio ?? PMSL ! Maybe a few years back . The grounds a sell out , waiting lists for season tickets and a new stand being built to accommodate another 11,000 seats . Emptihad indeed .

Next year lets have a City v Liverpool thread running parallel to the Premier League thread so the rest of us can avoid this nonsense.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

It’s just tiresome and pathetic.

Blog Entries
    Let them get a room on the M62
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

I’ve been saying this for months, with literally no support from anyone else who contributes to this thread. It’s about time others piped up because it’s absolutely ruined the general discussion about football.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I’ve been saying this for months, with literally no support from anyone else who contributes to this thread. It’s about time others piped up because it’s absolutely ruined the general discussion about football.
    Fair doos.

Yeah I’m watching the final and the quality is as poor as the rest of the tournament has been. National League standard at best. Every AFCON I’ve ever watched has been dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Slightly off topic but anyone been watching the Africa Cup of Nations? Final on tonight and looks a bit ill tempered so far not entirely sure why. Hardly a grudge match seems a few players are letting nerves get the better of them in the final. Watched the South Africa game interesting to see most of their players play in South Africa which is good to see especially considering how far they went.

In yesterday's Asian Cup final Qatar won 3-1 against Jordan. The Jordanians had a lot of the possession, but luckily for the Qataris (who have absolutely no suspicion of financial irregularities whatsoever with regards to their World Cup bid) were awarded 3 penalties and scored them all. What super luck!

Yes that was clearly all above board.

In yesterday's Asian Cup final Qatar won 3-1 against Jordan. The Jordanians had a lot of the possession, but luckily for the Qataris (who have absolutely no suspicion of financial irregularities whatsoever with regards to their World Cup bid) were awarded 3 penalties and scored them all. What super luck!

Haaland-esque from Haller there!

Osimen has been garbage all tournament. One goal even though he reached the final. I expected him to be a beast but he’s just average.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Osimen has been garbage all tournament. One goal even though he reached the final. I expected him to be a beast but he’s just average.
    Nailed on Chelsea signing then.

Probably. At least they’ll get him cheaper now. Seriously though, not a single good team in this tournament.

Nailed on Chelsea signing then.

Jesus Christ, Villa's 3rd player of the season out with an ACL injury now, which must be a record. Boubacar Kamara confirmed today, to go with Mings and Buendia. That's our three first choice central defenders out at the moment, and our one and only defensive midfielder. Rumours are growing that Konsa has done his as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    Jesus Christ, Villa's 3rd player of the season out with an ACL injury now, which must be a record. Boubacar Kamara confirmed today, to go with Mings and Buendia. That's our three first choice central defenders out at the moment, and our one and only defensive midfielder. Rumours are growing that Konsa has done his as well.
    Sorry to hear this. Are you expecting any of the other lads back before the end of the season?

We had the same with Jurrien Timber - 1st game of the season vs Forest he did his ACL, I think maybe next month he may be back.

No, Mings and Buendia will be out all season I think.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

At least you bought in cover for Mings preseason.

Timber won’t be back next month. An ACL is minimum nine months.

Sorry to hear this. Are you expecting any of the other lads back before the end of the season?

We had the same with Jurrien Timber - 1st game of the season vs Forest he did his ACL, I think maybe next month he may be back.

That many ACLs at one club is horrendous. Research is beginning to suggest the pitches in the top leagues are contributing to the massive increase in ACL injuries. Pitches are now a sewn mix of grass and plastic so they always look nice on TV but it’s preventing the foot turning as it used to on grass.

Research is beginning to suggest the pitches in the top leagues are contributing to the massive increase in ACL injuries. Pitches are now a sewn mix of grass and plastic so they always look nice on TV but it’s preventing the foot turning as it used to on grass.
    1972 had the solution -

(They weren't a success, BTW!)
    ______

​Jim.

Timber won’t be back next month. An ACL is minimum nine months.
    He's back in light training and Arsenal registered him for the Champions League next phase so I reckon he'll be back by semi-final latest (if we get there).

Master
    Nice touch, was sorry to hear of Svens diagnosis, always came across as a good character,

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/sve...-charity-clash

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    Nice touch, was sorry to hear of Svens diagnosis, always came across as a good character,

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/sve...-charity-clash
    Lovely touch.

Crikey, Villa with another player out for the season, Kamara.

Does Emery have them clearing landmines in training or something?

All this nonsense on social media about Mbappe signing for Arsenal as he said he'd be open to it - the guy was paid £180m last year by PSG. One hundred and eighty million quid.

There's absolutely no way we'd be able to pay that even if he came on a free transfer.

Not gonna happen.

That being said I'm not sure how Real Madrid would afford that either.

I wonder if and it’s a big IF Mbappe will put his football ahead of money this time - he’s made enough from PSG if he wants to be seen as the best in the world he needs todo it in the hardest league/s in the world

It would be great for the premier league if we get to see Haaland and Mbappe shoot it out in the league for a few seasons but highly unlikely this will happen.

It’s less likely than highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    I wonder if and it’s a big IF Mbappe will put his football ahead of money this time - he’s made enough from PSG if he wants to be seen as the best in the world he needs todo it in the hardest league/s in the world

It would be great for the premier league if we get to see Haaland and Mbappe shoot it out in the league for a few seasons but highly unlikely this will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post

I hope so but no way can anyone except City afford him factoring in FFP.

Arsenal would have to sell Saka to even make this work and that wouldn't be great particularly as Mbappe has a reputation of being a bit of a diva

Anyway Arsenal are 2nd top scorers in the PL, just 1 behind Liverpool so I guess the narrative that we need a top striker perhaps is less relevant.

My lot are such tw*ts. We just never seem to step up when we need to.

I think it's going to be nip and tuck between Villa and Spurs for 4th and 5th until the end of the season. We had a bad week last weekend, with you lot getting a last minute winner and us losing. Reverse obviously happened this week. Could just do with Man U falling away a bit, as there's a good chance 5th will be enough for Champions League next season. The Villa - Spurs game in a couple of weeks is going to be a big one.

Nice little bump for City from the improving Chels. League well open now

Blog Entries
    Would have snatched your arm off for a 1-1 before KO but please please get rid of Carragher that voice
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    Liverpool injury list is mounting.

We’ve now got 9 first team players injured and a pivotal time of the season.

A turgid performance. No one had a good game. Passing so slow and easily bullied. We only play one way and teams have sussed this. Play a high line and they just hit it over the top. Still can’t break down teams that sit deep. So frustrating. Don’t know what happened to our quick passing and movement from earlier this season.

Craftsman
    Absolutely zero chance Mbappe comes to Arsenal or the Premier League.

Too much of an individualist for Pep, nobody else can afford him.

Yes could make argument perhaps he wants to play in the 'strongest' league but in reality it's a huge entourage making decisions on his behalf, all of whom are dependent on his wealth continuing to snowball until he can't play anymore - a la Ronaldo and Messi.

Sadly these guys have very short careers that can be over in an instant from injury they can't control, so the only option is to grab every penny they can, whilst they can. Mbappe is as much a commercial entity as a footballer and will maximise profit.

That said, he will also be competing at the deepest stages of the CL every season with RM who have a fantastic young team and look set to continue their era of success for many more years. Nothing against that choice, wish him all the best and look forward to the Arsenal drawing RM and seeing what our team can really do!

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Absolutely zero chance Mbappe comes to Arsenal or the Premier League.

Too much of an individualist for Pep, nobody else can afford him.

Yes could make argument perhaps he wants to play in the 'strongest' league but in reality it's a huge entourage making decisions on his behalf, all of whom are dependent on his wealth continuing to snowball until he can't play anymore - a la Ronaldo and Messi.

Sadly these guys have very short careers that can be over in an instant from injury they can't control, so the only option is to grab every penny they can, whilst they can. Mbappe is as much a commercial entity as a footballer and will maximise profit.

That said, he will also be competing at the deepest stages of the CL every season with RM who have a fantastic young team and look set to continue their era of success for many more years. Nothing against that choice, wish him all the best and look forward to the Arsenal drawing RM and seeing what our team can really do!

Issue for RM is to afford him and keep compliant with FFP they'll need to offload some of their stars. We are talking Vinicius Jr or someone like that.

Craftsman
    Issue for RM is to afford him and keep compliant with FFP they'll need to offload some of their stars. We are talking Vinicius Jr or someone like that.
    RM always find a way...

Plus they have plenty saleable assets that they can live without - Brahim Diaz, Joselu, Ferland Mendy, Dani Ceballos, and one of Tchouameni, Camavinga, or Valverde.

Plus they will be freeing up what I imagine is a pretty sizeable wage packet from Kroos and Modric and never really replaced Benzema directly.

All that still leaves them with Mbappe, Rodrygo, Vini Jr, Bellingham and Arda Guler as attacking options!

City vs Chelsea (otherwise known as the FFP Derby) was a good match I thought. Chelsea did miss some sitters, ditto Haaland whose radar was off.

Will be a great fixture next year in the Championship when they're both pushing for promotion.

I think it's going to be nip and tuck between Villa and Spurs for 4th and 5th until the end of the season. We had a bad week last weekend, with you lot getting a last minute winner and us losing. Reverse obviously happened this week. Could just do with Man U falling away a bit, as there's a good chance 5th will be enough for Champions League next season. The Villa - Spurs game in a couple of weeks is going to be a big one.
    Yes, agreed. In fact, United are worrying me a bit at the moment.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 18th February 2024 at 02:48.