closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 47 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,350 of 5512

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Have Spurs won the PL tonight or something ?
    Cringey celebrations . Jesus.

Never in doubt :lol:

Master

Premier League 2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Have Spurs won the PL tonight or something ?
    Cringey celebrations . Jesus.
    Must be a North London thing, something in the water?

Mind you they have beaten one of the giants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Daniel Levy is so cunning in the transfer market, why didn't he sign 2 reds and an own goal a decade ago?

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Must be a North London thing, something in the water?

Mind you they have beaten one of the giants.

I'd imagine it is Spurs reflecting on where they are now vs a year ago and feeling pretty good about it.

Same as Arsenal lastbyear vs the season before. It creates team bonding.

Fairly confident Klopp leads his players to do similar in front of Liverpool fans when they win. It creates spirit and togetherness

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    I actually disagree, spurs looked pretty clueless against 9,liverpool only have themselves to blame, went on the attack in the 95th minute and gave the ball away.

Big big win for spurs though.

You were right about maddison he looks very good, I though Richarlison was dross, they need to replace him
    Love Ange as a Celtic fan. Spurs were my favourite English Team for years. Spurs struggled against 9 men and IMO the constant movement with Angeball wasn't there tonight. Although great result and would have been so interesting to see what Harry Kane would have done in this rejuvenated team

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

I'm struggling to remember a game where the key decisions were so wrong, the games a joke with all these rules that are open to interpretation. I wouldn't pay that ref or Var team in buttons...

I actually disagree, spurs looked pretty clueless against 9,liverpool only have themselves to blame, went on the attack in the 95th minute and gave the ball away.

Big big win for spurs though.

You were right about maddison he looks very good, I though Richarlison was dross, they need to replace him
    I’d like to see Veliz given a run, at least whilst Johnson is injured.

Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post
    Love Ange as a Celtic fan. Spurs were my favourite English Team for years. Spurs struggled against 9 men and IMO the constant movement with Angeball wasn't there tonight. Although great result and would have been so interesting to see what Harry Kane would have done in this rejuvenated team

How ironic would it be if Spurs won a big trophy this year without him ?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Gutted about that result. Couple of mins and 1 1 would of been brilliant. Bloody red cards killing us lately. Would of loved to see that game played out all square.

Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post

Angeball was certainly there in the first half, and the first 15 minutes of the second. However, as Liverpool lost players they swamped the defence and played on the break, and with the players they have up front that’s always going to be a challenge.

Happy to be in second place having faced Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool in our first seven games, anyway. The latter two, in particular, are top sides. Remember it’s still very early days for us, too.

Spurs' 1st XI is very strong now but it was clear they lack strength off the bench. Maybe in Jan they can sort that - I think if they suffered injuries to Son, Maddison and Bissouma they may be in a bit of bother.

Liverpool showed heart, Spurs played into their hands when facing 9 by trying to go through the middle instead of stretching them out wide and I'm gutted for Matip, just one of those things as the ball was fired in quickly.

The 2 North London sides are the only 2 who remain unbeaten, although Arsenal face Man City next so that status will be severely tested.

Re Man City vs Wolves, it seems without Rodri the level drops quite a lot, or perhaps just a bad day at the office? Very uncharacteristic Man City performance, Pep must have been fuming.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Spurs' 1st XI is very strong now but it was clear they lack strength off the bench. Maybe in Jan they can sort that - I think if they suffered injuries to Son, Maddison and Bissouma they may be in a bit of bother.

Liverpool showed heart, Spurs played into their hands when facing 9 by trying to go through the middle instead of stretching them out wide and I'm gutted for Matip, just one of those things as the ball was fired in quickly.

The 2 North London sides are the only 2 who remain unbeaten, although Arsenal face Man City next so that status will be severely tested.

Re Man City vs Wolves, it seems without Rodri the level drops quite a lot, or perhaps just a bad day at the office? Very uncharacteristic Man City performance, Pep must have been fuming.
    And I bet you are over the moon he misses the match against you next week.

Should be a good watch.

Master
    The Diaz goal was onside too, VAR team failed to use the lines.

Shocking from the ref team, so many poor calls in the game.

Well onside. A disgraceful decision.

And I bet you are over the moon he misses the match against you next week.

Should be a good watch.

Absolutely. Rodri is a phenomenal player.

Looking at City's side today they were missing Rodri, De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva and John Stones. That's a heck of a lot of talent to be without.

Master

Premier League 2023-24

Confirmation Diaz goal was good!

So two player disadvantage VAR faulty and we still had to score the winner.

Last edited by tango; 30th September 2023 at 20:26.

Master
    Well at least you've found a way of defending better, just field less players!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    Well at least you've found a way of defending better, just field less players!
    Was thinking just that. Ironic that with 9 we put up our best defensive performance of season.

Was thinking just that. Ironic that with 9 we put up our best defensive performance of season.

PGML have confirmed they fucked up on the offside. Corruption and match fixing is alive and well in the EPL.

Master
    Blog Entries
    You wouldn't think such a simple game could be so complicated.

Master
    When you look at how well rugby is refereed, the respect they have from players and the transparency from TMO, it is truly baffling why football makes so many mistakes. Most of us so better than VAR from our living room with Sky+!

And I'm sure if players had to be treated while the game carried on there would be a lot less rolling around on the floor like they'd been shot, only to be seen getting up and sprinting once it was clear the ref had not "bought it"

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Spurs' 1st XI is very strong now but it was clear they lack strength off the bench. Maybe in Jan they can sort that - I think if they suffered injuries to Son, Maddison and Bissouma they may be in a bit of bother…
    We do have Bentancur nearing a return from a long term injury. He’s absolute quality (world class to my mind) in midfield, and in addition Lo Celso, Hojbjerg and - to a lesser degree - Skipp can do a job for us. We’re light in defence, though, and if either CB were to miss games I suspect that young Ashley Phillips (or perhaps Alfie Dorrington) would step up. No EPL experience for either as yet, despite being fantastic prospects.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 1st October 2023 at 17:02.

Master
    I'm no Liverpool fan but that was a travesty. Any spurs fan who cheered that win should hang their head in shame.
    Two red cards, one of which was borderline (ball first/no intent to injure) and the other which was a silly challenge and cardable, but didn't deserve the first yellow. Plus a disallowed goal which even the officials now admit was a goal. That's not human error, someone took a bung. Madness.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post
    PGML have confirmed they fucked up on the offside. Corruption and match fixing is alive and well in the EPL.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp

Shambles

But remember kids
    There’s definitely No corruption.

Master
    Blog Entries
    So what they saying, the system didn't put the lines on? Surely that system can put a line on with a simple press of a button. It can detect when a toe nail is offside but couldn't work that one out!

Master
    No the actual VAR person draws the lines on themselves.

It’s absolutely mental.

Tennis was using Hawkeye about 20 years ago that was computer driven.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    I'm struggling to remember a game where the key decisions were so wrong, the games a joke with all these rules that are open to interpretation. I wouldn't pay that ref or Var team in buttons...
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66973987

I rest my case, those on the VAR panel want sacking after that performance tonight, 'VAR's going to improve the game' they said, yeah right, it's killing the game as is the p-ss poor ref's we seem to have in the PL.

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    I'm no Liverpool fan but that was a travesty. Any spurs fan who cheered that win should hang their head in shame.
    Two red cards, one of which was borderline (ball first/no intent to injure) and the other which was a silly challenge and cardable, but didn't deserve the first yellow. Plus a disallowed goal which even the officials now admit was a goal. That's not human error, someone took a bung. Madness.
    Totally agree Spurs were handed the win through terrible ref/VAR decisions, but all teams have been on the wrong end of bad decisions over the years. Whether right or wrong, when their team flukes a win, fans celebrate rather than hang their heads in shame

The VAR process is shockingly bad though.

Hang our heads in shame? You must be living in a dream world - I’ve lost count of the number of poor decisions we’ve suffered over the years. Do you think our opponents fans hung their heads in shame at tne time?

All of that said, VAR - coupled with piss poor refereeing - is ruining the game of football.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Gutted with the result, there’s been enough said about the officiating. I am proud of the performance though from Liverpool they look a galvanised unit again.

Watched MOTD with my missus. She said that offside was so blatantly wrong it must be because of a Chinese betting syndicate.Hmmm.

I haven’t watched the Liverpool game yet, I’m not sure that I want to.

VAR works so well in rugby league, it can’t surely be that difficult to transfer to football.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Hang our heads in shame? You must be living in a dream world - I’ve lost count of the number of poor decisions we’ve suffered over the years. Do you think our opponents fans hung their heads in shame at tne time?

All of that said, VAR - coupled with piss poor refereeing - is ruining the game of football.
    well said Tony. Curtis a definite red and Jota just stupid. we’ve suffered plenty, as have others, from abysmal refereeing. we have to find a way to beat the low block. Didn’t understand the Son sub. Not convinced with Richy and Solomon. Need Bentancur and Gil back asap. still 4 points from Woolwich and Lpool is good for me

Master

Poor decisions? Allow me a moment to snap out of my dream world and play you the worlds smallest violin Tony. As a City fan I've suffered 4 decades of them (and every fan of every club will have their own sob story with their own team).

However, VAR was introduced to reduce those poor decisions effects, and give refs an opportunity to overrule howlers in real time rather than after Match of the Day has been on and its too late to do anything to affect play. The fact that a crystal clear (absolutely cast-iron no question of it being off) offside decision went against the scousers today is unacceptable, that match was so badly reffed the result shouldn't even stand.
    The Jota red I'll allow you, but the previous "studs up" red?? He caught the ball then his foot slid right over the top of it. Every pundit I've seen has said it was a harsh card following very little football sense.

This wasn't a team having their saturday afternoon rub of the green - which is what it used to be when a sketchy decision went your way, this was a series of cock-ups which gifted spurs points.

Premier League 2023-24

Wrong thread
    Last edited by dkpw; 1st October 2023 at 01:13.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    So what they saying, the system didn't put the lines on? Surely that system can put a line on with a simple press of a button. It can detect when a toe nail is offside but couldn't work that one out!
    Apparently the cock up was that it was such a clear onside that he took a quick look said check complete thinking the on field decision had been to allow the goal hence no lines,, you couldn't make it up.

Poor decisions? Allow me a moment to snap out of my dream world and play you the worlds smallest violin Tony. As a City fan I've suffered 4 decades of them (and every fan of every club will have their own sob story with their own team).

However, VAR was introduced to reduce those poor decisions effects, and give refs an opportunity to overrule howlers in real time rather than after Match of the Day has been on and its too late to do anything to affect play. The fact that a crystal clear (absolutely cast-iron no question of it being off) offside decision went against the scousers today is unacceptable, that match was so badly reffed the result shouldn't even stand.
    The Jota red I'll allow you, but the previous "studs up" red?? He caught the ball then his foot slid right over the top of it. Every pundit I've seen has said it was a harsh card following very little football sense.

This wasn't a team having their saturday afternoon rub of the green - which is what it used to be when a sketchy decision went your way, this was a series of cock-ups which gifted spurs points.
    Incidents like the Jones red often split opinion. However, I have no argument regarding the impact of VAR since its introduction. It’s an absolute joke, and - as I stated above - it’s ruining the game. As for the quality of refereeing, don’t get me started!

Edit: Talking of which, how on earth was that third Villa goal allowed to stand?
    Last edited by learningtofly; 1st October 2023 at 08:55.

Var problems aside, it's encouraging to see that the new PL Imposters Luton (value 15pence) are, after six games, only 1 point behind Chelsea (value £1billion).
    Last edited by chrisb; 1st October 2023 at 10:59.

Master
    Apparently the cock up was that it was such a clear onside that he took a quick look said check complete thinking the on field decision had been to allow the goal hence no lines,, you couldn't make it up.
    You really couldn’t make it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    You really couldn’t make it up.
    So let’s say Liverpool don’t qualify for the Champions League by 1 point.

Does the PGOML then give them the £20M they’ve missed out?

They have to be accountable for their actions after so many cock ups.

Master

This is fair enough, I'm glad to see them ackowledge the mistake. However there's a significant human error involved in kicking the ball into your own net, as well. The result of the game was about more than dodgy officiating.

Master
    Blog Entries

Premier League 2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    So let’s say Liverpool don’t qualify for the Champions League by 1 point.

Does the PGOML then give them the £20M they’ve missed out?

They have to be accountable for their actions after so many cock ups.

What about the lower end of the table, what if one of the teams gets relegated by said point.

Or what if Spurs win the league by a point? I feel for spurs in that sense as it would be a bit hollow for them. They are having a fantastic start to the season and playing some good football, now all the chat is about officiating vice the football itself.

Also talksport mentioned that referees at this level are on £2-3k a week. They are quick to fine players and managers. A proportionate fine should also be given and passed to a mutual charity for the two clubs involved.

Oh my aching sides !!
    The incompetent Darren England has been stood down for ONE game . Luckily , he has been replaced by the incompetent Craig Pawson . The same Craig Pawson that didn’t send Wolves match winner off yesterday for his second blatant yellow card.
    It seems you are actually rewarded when you cock up with PGMOL .

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    What about the lower end of the table, what if one of the teams gets relegated by said point.

Or what if Spurs win the league by a point? I feel for spurs in that sense as it would be a bit hollow for them. They are having a fantastic start to the season and playing some good football, now all the chat is about officiating vice the football itself.

Also talksport mentioned that referees at this level are on £2-3k a week. They are quick to fine players and managers. A proportionate fine should also be given and passed to a mutual charity for the two clubs involved.
    It would be hollow for us? Again, are you out of your mind (and this from a supporter of a club for whom refereeing decisions in their favour at Anfield over the years have been nothing but a joke)?

Pretty much every game has a bad decision or two in it, and many of those decisions impact the final score. Get over it, FFS!

Master
    Blog Entries
    It would be hollow for us? Again, are you out of your mind (and this from a supporter of a club for whom refereeing decisions in their favour at Anfield over the years have been nothing but a joke)?

Pretty much every game has a bad decision or two in it, and many of those decisions impact the final score. Get over it, FFS!
    Are you really telling me you wouldn’t prefer to win the league without this controversy?

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Are you really telling me you wouldn’t prefer to win the league without this controversy?
    I can assure you that it’ll even itself out over the course of the season. I won’t be giving it another thought.

Craftsman

Yes me and the other 60,000 in the stadium hung our heads in shame, once the final whistle was blown.

Quality day out, couldn't of happened to a better team...... we've had plenty of bad decisions given against us including a non hand ball in CL final.