timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 79 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,950 of 5470

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    Has there ever been a more unlikeable manager in the Premier League than Mikel Arteta? What a w***er! He's the most petty, petulant, belligerent, snide, passive-aggressive turd I've ever had the displeasure to listen to. I alwys preferred Arsenal to the likes of Man U, Liverpool and Man City, but now I want them to get smashed every week just to laugh at that graceless numpty afterwards.
    I’m vaguely remember there is someone on here who doesn’t like Klopp………

Master
    Has there ever been a more unlikeable manager in the Premier League than Mikel Arteta? What a w***er! He's the most petty, petulant, belligerent, snide, passive-aggressive turd I've ever had the displeasure to listen to. I alwys preferred Arsenal to the likes of Man U, Liverpool and Man City, but now I want them to get smashed every week just to laugh at that graceless numpty afterwards.
    +1 Exactly this!

I think we might have found common ground! (Well, you did also buy my CVDK, so not for the first time.)
    Last edited by learningtofly; 8th January 2024 at 11:35.

You remember when Steve Bruce would take all the credit for winning but blame the players for not following his instructions when we drew or lost?
    "A man of little significance"

Craftsman
    Probably gets it from his former boss.
    Couple of weeks ago after Man City had beat Everton 3-1 away, at the final whistle Pep runs onto the pitch and starts laying into one of his players. You’ve just won the game, anything that needs to be said can surely wait until you are back in the dressing room. Pep knows the cameras will be on him but continues regardless. Absolute fud.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Really not a fan of him are you? Can’’t say I’ve heard the same from other Arsenal fans…..yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not at all, as others have said his arrogance and attitude are terrible, I can see players losing motivation at some point. How he has treated Ramsdale for instance, just causing dressing room drama for no reason, you have to remember Ramsdale is the best keeper in the universe, according to Ryan.

We have a decent squad now, with lots of promising young players, but we have lacked a quality striker for the last 2-3 seasons, yet he has never addressed this situation, instead he relies on the likes of Nkeitah, would Nkeitah get in any PL teams? not just top teams, any of them! But instead he spends money on Kai, total waste of money, for a player we did not need, would rather see ESR getting a run of games. We could have used that £70 mil towards a decent striker.

Our left back issues, should have just stuck with Tierney, he was a top quality defender (a little injury prone) but he could defend and attack, Arteta sticks with Zinchenko who is a left back that does not play at left back, leaves huge gaps in our defence, meaning the CB has to cover leaving more space in the middle. It is just a terrible tactic. I know the injury to Timber hasn't helped but he is more of a CB than a LB.

The team is to focused on possession, which is great but we don't do anything with it, just pass it around the middle, then back into def and rinse and repeat. What's the point having 70% possession with 1 shot on target and losing the game. We have decent wingers but no one in the middle so they just end up passing it back into midfield whilst Jesus is wondering around the pitch, or Nkeitah is running around like a headless chicken fouling people. The way the team is set up isn't right at all.

Sooner we get rid and get a decent manager the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    You remember when Steve Bruce would take all the credit for winning but blame the players for not following his instructions when we drew or lost?
    How could I ever forget. But as crap as he was, I think once you got past the "lose one game and it's off wi' mi head" nonsense, deep down Fist Face was quite a pleasant, gentle bloke. I've never seen anybody as relentlessly unpleasant and unhinged as that lego-haired maniac at Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I think we might have found common ground! (Well, you did also buy my CVDK, so not for the first time.)
    A thing of beauty, that dial was lovely. One I wish I'd kept hold of now, but was pleased it went to a good home to a very interesting chap on here, who lives not far from me. I met the chaps from CVDK a couple of times at Salon QP, a really lovely set of people.

How could I ever forget. But as crap as he was, I think once you got past the "lose one game and it's off wi' mi head" nonsense, deep down Fist Face was quite a pleasant, gentle bloke. I've never seen anybody as relentlessly unpleasant and unhinged as that lego-haired maniac at Arsenal.
    True, Bruce wasn't anything more than a terrible manager. I even felt sorry for Newcastle fans when he went there.
    "A man of little significance"

Honestly you guys have forgotten Conte and Mourinho far too quickly. In the case of Mourinho his antics were so bad it risked the safety of some of the refs he abused.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Honestly you guys have forgotten Conte and Mourinho far too quickly. In the case of Mourinho his antics were so bad it risked the safety of some of the refs he abused.
    I honestly think Arteta is miles worse. At least Mourinho had an underlying sense of humour and could back it up by actually winning stuff. Conte was just a miserable sod who clearly didn't want to be in England at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    Probably gets it from his former boss.
    Couple of weeks ago after Man City had beat Everton 3-1 away, at the final whistle Pep runs onto the pitch and starts laying into one of his players. You’ve just won the game, anything that needs to be said can surely wait until you are back in the dressing room. Pep knows the cameras will be on him but continues regardless. Absolute fud.
    Laying into him ???
    Watch it again . He’s giving him tactical instructions , showing him where on the pitch he needs to be .
    Followed by a hug . Pep is demonstrative . Jurgen is demonstrative . It’s what they do .

As for knowing the cameras are on him . Doesn’t every footballer on the planet know this and yet they continue to foul, dive, handball and cheat on a regular basis ?

Master
    I honestly think Arteta is miles worse. At least Mourinho had an underlying sense of humour and could back it up by actually winning stuff. Conte was just a miserable sod who clearly didn't want to be in England at all.
    Arteta is a bit of a deluded fool but personally I’m more glad that the likes of Neil Warnock, Allardyce and Mourinho aren’t PL managers (for now). Just nasty pieces of work.

Conte and Tuchel were funny to watch because they were self destructive - always criticising the club (Conte) or his own players (Tuchel) - good entertainment if it’s not your club.

Maybe Simeone should be brought over to Newcastle - then we’d all have something to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Arteta is a bit of a deluded fool but personally I’m more glad that the likes of Neil Warnock, Allardyce and Mourinho aren’t PL managers (for now). Just nasty pieces of work.

Conte and Tuchel were funny to watch because they were self destructive - always criticising the club (Conte) or his own players (Tuchel) - good entertainment if it’s not your club.

Maybe Simeone should be brought over to Newcastle - then we’d all have something to complain about.
    Not sure I'd agreed with that analysis of Tuchel. He fronted up for Chelsea when the sanctions fell with real character.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

A thing of beauty, that dial was lovely. One I wish I'd kept hold of now, but was pleased it went to a good home to a very interesting chap on here, who lives not far from me. I met the chaps from CVDK a couple of times at Salon QP, a really lovely set of people.
    Yes, I wish the same. I've come close to messaging you a number of times over the years, actually.

Jotas dive was the most embarrassing by a professional footballer this weekend .
    Fernandes . “Hold my beer “

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Jotas dive was the most embarrassing by a professional footballer this weekend .
    Fernandes . “Hold my beer “
    The Jota one was a pen - soft or not it was

Same as Bruno and thats not me being biased, Wright and Keane both agreed in punditry (clever play was the terminology used) Its just the way football is nowdays any touch they go down sad but true

The problem as ever is that there's too much subjectivity and decisions like last nights are setting precedents.

At the end of the day it doesn't take a genius to see that Fernandes was cheating, whether there's contact or otherwise. Also, it is a contact sport or should all contact in the box result in a penalty? Because that's the way it's going.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    The Jota one was a pen - soft or not it was

Same as Bruno and thats not me being biased, Wright and Keane both agreed in punditry (clever play was the terminology used) Its just the way football is nowdays any touch they go down sad but true
    Ye I agree with you, both obvious pens for me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thom4711 View Post
    The problem as ever is that there's too much subjectivity and decisions like last nights are setting precedents.

At the end of the day it doesn't take a genius to see that Fernandes was cheating, whether there's contact or otherwise. Also, it is a contact sport or should all contact in the box result in a penalty? Because that's the way it's going.
    Fernandes didn’t cheat though.

A defender has slid in not got the ball and got the players leg. It’s a penalty.

Fernandes going down like Elias in Platoon has nothing to do with it being a penalty or not, it’s still a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Fernandes didn’t cheat though.

A defender has slid in not got the ball and got the players leg. It’s a penalty.

Fernandes going down like Elias in Platoon has nothing to do with it being a penalty or not, it’s still a penalty.

Yes, I can see why you'd say that because the narrative now is that contact= penalty and that's a problem because it is leading players to act dishonestly in order to gain an advantage. Ie they cheat.

I get it's part of the game now, and I doubt it'll be addressed. It's just a bit pathetic overall.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thom4711 View Post
    Yes, I can see why you'd say that because the narrative now is that contact= penalty and that's a problem because it is leading players to act dishonestly in order to gain an advantage. Ie they cheat.

I get it's part of the game now, and I doubt it'll be addressed. It's just a bit pathetic overall.
    if they dont go down the referee doesnt give it, hence they make the most of the contact...

Only could somebody point out where I said they weren’t penalties ?
    Their dives were pathetic , that’s all .

Anyway , I didn’t want to progress any more in the FA Cup so I’m pleased we have got Spurs :)

Master
    Its the modern game - like it or not its the way it is - for what its worth Ive said how much I detest the way football is now - var - slow mo replays etc etc but it is what it is - Players, managers have always manipulated the rules going back as far as I can remember its nothing new

Premier League 2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Only could somebody point out where I said they weren’t penalties ?
    Their dives were pathetic , that’s all .

Anyway , I didn’t want to progress any more in the FA Cup so I’m pleased we have got Spurs :)
    Here’s hoping the spell continues :wink:

Some noise that Saliba has become disillusioned and may be off to Madrid or PSG. If so, would at least free up money for a striker.

Master

Premier League 2023-24

Some noise that Saliba has become disillusioned and may be off to Madrid or PSG. If so, would at least free up money for a striker.
    Even if it did happen - who is there to get???

Toney is the obvious one but Brentford will want top money and won’t sell this season as can’t afford too lose him / I expect they’ll offer a new contract to drive the price up and I expect that will be the case with some sort of agreement he can go but it won’t be cheap in the summer

Gone are the days of strikers getting 20+ haaland the exception for me and obviously Kane before him

Strikers aren’t just goalscorers any more they work channels bring others into play and so on. Such a rare commodity nowdays - Watkins potentially but I don’t see him in the same vein as the kanes : Haalands : salah who guarantee 25+ every year

Look at united paying £80+ for potential in hojlund, Liverpool with Nunez (who I do think will be lethal given time) but there’s so few out there and everyone wants that player and so even if you do find one I expect with the greatest respect then there are much better options than arsenal I say that with respect as reality is that type of player can have there pick and will want guaranteed success in my opinion and that’s not on offer arsenal or united for that matter

As a united fan I look at greenwood and think what could of been

Last edited by R0bertb00th; 9th January 2024 at 21:54.

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    Even if it did happen - who is there to get???

Toney is the obvious one but Brentford will want top money and won’t sell this season as can’t afford too lose him / I expect they’ll offer a new contract to drive the price up and I expect that will be the case with some sort of agreement he can go but it won’t be cheap

After him I’ve no idea who is out there - gone are the days of strikers getting 20+ haaland the exception for me and obviously Kane before him

Strikers aren’t just goalscorers any more they work channels bring others into play and so on. Such a rare commodity nowdays - Watkins potentially but I don’t see him in the same vein as the kanes : Haalands : salah who guarantee 25+ every year

Look at united paying £80+ for potential in hojlund, Liverpool with Nunez (who I do think will be lethal given time) but there’s so few out there and everyone wants that player and so even if you do find one I expect with the greatest respect then there are much better options than arsenal I say that with respect as reality is that type of player can have there pick and will want guaranteed success in my opinion and that’s not on offer arsenal

Good question. I suppose if Saliba went to PSG there's a deal to be done for Mbappe but he'd be very unlikely to want to go to Arsenal as it isn't a step up, Madrid is the likely destination. Not even sure Toney is all that to be honest.

Maybe throw a load of money at Levy for Son? Osimhen unproven in PL, Guirassy at Stuttgart would be cheap but a bit streaky.

Whoever we bid for Chelsea will outbid us anyway and offer a 200 year contract.

Good question. I suppose if Saliba went to PSG there's a deal to be done for Mbappe but he'd be very unlikely to want to go to Arsenal as it isn't a step up, Madrid is the likely destination. Not even sure Toney is all that to be honest.

Maybe throw a load of money at Levy for Son? Osimhen unproven in PL, Guirassy at Stuttgart would be cheap but a bit streaky.

Son? You’d have more chance of signing Pele.

Master
    Son is 32 in a couple of months Ryan you plank.

Son is 32 in a couple of months Ryan you plank.

And?

Lewandowski is 35 and playing for Barca. Kane will be 31 this year and in his prime. Salah will be 32 this year.

It's not as if Son has been on the fags and booze is it?

Master

Premier League 2023-24

It’s all well and good pulling names out of hat but be realistic - mbappe not a chance, son likewise after that all the others you mention are a gamble it’s not as easy as it is on football manager ;)

You have to be realistic

Master
    You’re painful honestly and I know this is a wind up but I’ll indulge you.

Kane turned 30 two weeks before his move to Bayern so has 3 solid seasons left in him.

Ronaldo was 32 and arguably the best player of his generation and went for 105m.

No other player in global football has come close to the Ronaldo deal in terms of money at that age.

The next highest signing of an over 30 year old ever is Pjanic for 50m and who is a playmaker.

Do you think spurs would take 50m from Arsenal for son ?

Do you think Arsenal would pay 50m for a 32 year old player ?

Tell me the list of forwards in the history of the game who are still performing at 35/36.

Like normal you’re just on the wind up or you’re very dim.

You’re painful honestly and I know this is a wind up but I’ll indulge you.

Kane turned 30 two weeks before his move to Bayern so has 3 solid seasons left in him.

Ronaldo was 32 and arguably the best player of his generation and went for 105m.

No other player in global football has come close to the Ronaldo deal in terms of money at that age.

The next highest signing of an over 30 year old ever is Pjanic for 50m and who is a playmaker.

Do you think spurs would take 50m from Arsenal for son ?

Do you think Arsenal would pay 50m for a 32 year old player ?

Tell me the list of forwards in the history of the game who are still performing at 35/36.

Like normal you’re just on the wind up or you’re very dim.

Very recently Karim Benzema won the Ballon D'or at the age of 34 (he's 36 now and was still leading Madrid's line at 35 when he decided to move to Saudi). I think his crowning achievement was winning the Champions League Final despite playing against the 'best right back in the world'.

Lewandowski still banging them in at 35. Olivier Giroud played in the final of some international tournament in Qatar at the age of 36 and won Serie A last year.

Did you mean apart from Benzema, Lewandowski and Giroud?

I'm racking my brains but I believe some Argentinian lad won the final in the same match Giroud played in and apparently he was pretty handy too. That's it right?

Oh no thats not it. There is some lad playing for Portugal who is 38 and has scored 10 goals in 9 appearances for them in 2023.

So those are active forwards still playing today so when you asked about those in the history of the game still performing at 35/36 before calling me dim I guess it wouldn't have taken much intellectual horsepower to pull out forwards STILL actually playing and performing at 35/36 before reeling off historical names such as;

Sheringham
    Giggs
    Larsson
    Ibrahimovic
    Klose
    Inzaghi
    Totti

Etc
    Etc
    Etc

Sir Stanley Matthews

Master

Premier League 2023-24

Very recently Karim Benzema won the Ballon D'or at the age of 34 (he's 36 now and was still leading Madrid's line at 35 when he decided to move to Saudi). I think his crowning achievement was winning the Champions League Final despite playing against the 'best right back in the world'.

Lewandowski still banging them in at 35. Olivier Giroud played in the final of some international tournament in Qatar at the age of 36 and won Serie A last year.

Did you mean apart from Benzema, Lewandowski and Giroud?

I'm racking my brains but I believe some Argentinian lad won the final in the same match Giroud played in and apparently he was pretty handy too. That's it right?

Oh no thats not it. There is some lad playing for Portugal who is 38 and has scored 10 goals in 9 appearances for them in 2023.

So those are active forwards still playing today so when you asked about those in the history of the game still performing at 35/36 before calling me dim I guess it wouldn't have taken much intellectual horsepower to pull out forwards STILL actually playing and performing at 35/36 before reeling off historical names such as;

Sheringham
    Giggs
    Larsson
    Ibrahimovic
    Klose
    Inzaghi
    Totti

Etc
    Etc
    Etc
    Ryan you are incredibly dim there’s no argument about this.

You can’t even grasp the concept of what I’m saying.

The players you have listen had all declined massively from their primes 28-32.

Not one of those players signed for 50+ at 32 because they are on the DECLINE.

Not a difficult concept to grasp this.

Arsenal signing their biggest rivals best player at age 32 which would command a massive fee and big contract is a thing only a dim man would say or believe could happen.
    Last edited by Ivan Drago; 10th January 2024 at 09:00.

Master
    If Arsenal are looking for an old striker (that’s what we are talking about isn’t it?) why not just put a bid in for James Milner?

He can play anywhere on the pitch, is a proven PL goal scorer (up until the end of last decade anyway) and is very old.

Can’t be any worse than the current dross. Doubt he would choose Arsenal over Brighton though.

Wayne Rooney’s 38 and available.

Losing Saliba would be very bad, he is a world class defender and will only get better. But, I can see it happening and players get sick of Arteta and his arrogance.

Ryan you are incredibly dim there’s no argument about this.

You can’t even grasp the concept of what I’m saying.

The players you have listen had all declined massively from their primes 28-32.

Not one of those players signed for 50+ at 32 because they are on the DECLINE.

Not a difficult concept to grasp this.

Arsenal signing their biggest rivals best player at age 32 which would command a massive fee and big contract is a thing only a dim man would say or believe could happen.
    There's zero chance Spurs would sell Son to Arsenal even if he was 72.

Master

Premier League 2023-24

There's zero chance Spurs would sell Son to Arsenal even if he was 72.
    You’ve said above “ throw a load of money at Levy for Son, see what happens”.

Last edited by Ivan Drago; 10th January 2024 at 13:02.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    If Arsenal are looking for an old striker (that’s what we are talking about isn’t it?) why not just put a bid in for James Milner?

He can play anywhere on the pitch, is a proven PL goal scorer (up until the end of last decade anyway) and is very old.

Can’t be any worse than the current dross. Doubt he would choose Arsenal over Brighton though.

Wayne Rooney’s 38 and available.
    They’d have to offer Brighton higher wages and then Jumbo could spin a yarn about more playing time in his favourite position whilst running his contract down and getting a huge signing on fee.

As if .

Blog Entries

Premier League 2023-24

Van Dijk being Trent

z

3 amazing goals in this match so far. Wow!

Kyle Walker ball watching for both Newcastle goals.

Blog Entries
    Cracking game for the neutral.

That flagging the offside late rule needs to be changed.

Walker being Trent

z
    Last edited by zelig; 13th January 2024 at 19:27.

Man City giving it a good go to be fair, but the Magpies are fighting

KDB. The man who could bring the league to City this year

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Seems like every match Newcastle run out of gas at the 70 minute mark

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    KDB. The man who could bring the league to City this year

The depth of squad will be difference again this year, though Io have KDB back at this time of the season is like a top new signing.

Bobb. What a cool kid