closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 57 of 110 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,850 of 5462

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Oof. Big drop off in quality for Spurs with their missing players.

In some very surprising news from the Bundesliga Harry Kane has scored for Bayern.

Sooooo Spursy 🤣

Master
    Yay we got our spurs don’t happen very often. :)

I really shouldn’t be frequenting this thread this season but I’ve just noticed that, at the present time, three of the bottom four in the premiership were promoted last season and three of the to four in the championship were demoted last season.

We now have twelve senior pros out with medium to long term injuries, ten of which are regulars. Can’t remember a time this bad for injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    We now have twelve senior pros out with medium to long term injuries, ten of which are regulars. Can’t remember a time this bad for injuries.
    Yep you guys have had rotten luck.

It’s crazy Ryan. Miley playing against City, United and tonight at 17 about sums up the position we’re in. He’s played really well tonight though.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Yep you guys have had rotten luck.

It’s crazy Ryan. Miley playing against City, United and tonight at 17 about sums up the position we’re in. He’s played really well tonight though.
    I see Almiron got a knock - is that serious? With him and Isak out you'd have to hope they get fit over the international break

We need Isak back as we don’t have a fit striker, hence not playing with one tonight. I’ve never heard of Ben Parkinson which shows how far into the kids we’re having to go.

I see Almiron got a knock - is that serious? With him and Isak out you'd have to hope they get fit over the international break
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 11th November 2023 at 20:11.

Premier League 2023-24

We need Isak back as we don’t have a fit striker, hence not playing with one tonight. I’ve never heard of Ben Parkinson which shows how far into the kids we’re having to go.
    Weird table (at this point in time), United (Manchester) ahead of United (Newcastle) when the former has scored less than half the goals of the latter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 11th November 2023 at 20:30.

We’re running on empty.

Bournemouth have been good tonight but they’ve been given the opportunity as every pass and tackle has been missing 10-15%.

It’s a steep learning curve playing in 3 comps whilst using a high press game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re right and I fear more injuries as those playing every minute get more and more fatigued. We just need to see this season out and add numbers and quality in the January and summer windows.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    We’re running on empty.

Bournemouth have been good tonight but they’ve been given the opportunity as every pass and tackle has been missing 10-15%.

It’s a steep learning curve playing in 3 comps whilst using a high press game.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Weird table (at this point in time), United (Manchester) ahead of United (Newcastle) when the former has scored less than half the goals of the latter.
    How do you figure the placings? They've got MORE points.....🤔

Master
    Blog Entries
    Everton won again. Only saying

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    How do you figure the placings? They've got MORE points.....🤔
    True, I was just looking at the table and thought United’s (Manchester) situation incongruous, so many poor displays, so few goals yielding so many wins and points. I’m not complaining, but they are on a tightrope, hope it improves. The Ratcliffe/Brailsford involvement will be disruptive again, but will be interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    I dunno. Didn't Mourinho and Conte both top the table (Mourinho as late as December) only to then get sacked before the season was out?! Spurs fans, never learn! ;)
    Just going to leave this here. :)

Just going to leave this here. :)
    Not sure what point you're trying to make, unless you're just trolling - none of us on here have been crowing in any way about anything, and I'm pretty sure we all see the current side as the beginnings of a work in progress. Better to be near the top than near the bottom, but that's about it right now.

For now, just surviving multiple injuries and suspensions to our most key players, whilst trying to get the most out of a relatively thin squad, is where the focus needs to be.

Cheer up, not everything has to be so serious. Put the Villa match on and enjoy some total football!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Cheer up, not everything has to be so serious. Put the Villa match on and enjoy some total football!

I'm good thanks, although I'll be very happy if your mean-spirited schadenfreude comes back to bite you on the arse.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I'm good thanks, although I'll be very happy if your mean-spirited schadenfreude comes back to bite you on the arse.
    Spurs v Villa first game back after the international break, should be interesting.

The big question will be if Spurs' fringe players turn into peak Barca as usual for their game against City?

Master
    Liverpool battered Brentford there, could have easily been 6 or 7.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Indeed, but why pretend that Tsimikas was in the doghouse, then give him the full ninety? Strange.

Not sure what the debate was on that penalty

Not sure what the debate was on that penalty
    Haaland defo has a tug back but he’s only reacting to the initial shirt pull from Cucarella.

On balance he’s been more fouled than the other way around.

Whatever Carra says

Cracking game this.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Not sure what point you're trying to make, unless you're just trolling - none of us on here have been crowing in any way about anything, and I'm pretty sure we all see the current side as the beginnings of a work in progress. Better to be near the top than near the bottom, but that's about it right now.

For now, just surviving multiple injuries and suspensions to our most key players, whilst trying to get the most out of a relatively thin squad, is where the focus needs to be.
    I mentioned it a while ago that the big issue with your current manager is the expectations that he came with. At Celtic he only seemed to have one tactic and that being attack. No issues really in the SPL where you have a team that are streets ahead of anything on offer in the league but you only need look at how they performed in Europe to see how that worked out. Getting knocked out of 3 European trophies in one season isnt a great CV.

That being said I think he has certainly learned and during the Wolves game he at least tried to tighten things up but still, with better strikers I think Wolves could have got the game out of sight.

Spurs are certainly playing much more exciting football and I bet their attacking players feel like finally the shackles are off to go at teams.

Bit of time now for Spurs to regroup and come back stronger after the international break.

Master
    Superb game of football

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    I mentioned it a while ago that the big issue with your current manager is the expectations that he came with. At Celtic he only seemed to have one tactic and that being attack. No issues really in the SPL where you have a team that are streets ahead of anything on offer in the league but you only need look at how they performed in Europe to see how that worked out. Getting knocked out of 3 European trophies in one season isnt a great CV.

That being said I think he has certainly learned and during the Wolves game he at least tried to tighten things up but still, with better strikers I think Wolves could have got the game out of sight.

Spurs are certainly playing much more exciting football and I bet their attacking players feel like finally the shackles are off to go at teams.

Bit of time now for Spurs to regroup and come back stronger after the international break.
    lol
    How long did you have that type of post typed out waiting to send it.
    Probably took longer than you thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    lol
    How long did you have that type of post typed out waiting to send it.
    Probably took longer than you thought.
    Is there something wrong with you? You do understand that the world does not revolve around Celtic and your tin pot league right?

Go and post on the SLP thread, oh right one doesnt exist because even you couldnt care less about it.

Remind me again of why the waistcoated halfwit doesn’t pick Sterling for England .

Just got back from West Ham... good three points, didn't play that well and yet again struggled to break down a well organised team but the thing that really stood out was the lack of VAR... I believe it was there and working but I don't think it was used at all during the match. 5 goals, all allowed to stand without a 5 minute wait, fouls and suchlike a plenty but all went with the ref's decision. Felt quite refreshing.

Have the PGMOL issued some sort of guidance toning down the use of VAR or was our game just a bit unusual?

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Remind me again of why the waistcoated halfwit doesn’t pick Sterling for England .
    I think he will pick him for the Euros unless one of the others turns into Messi or Raheem turns into dog egg.

Something like 25 goals for England in 64 games speaks for itself

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Master
    Is there something wrong with you? You do understand that the world does not revolve around Celtic and your tin pot league right?

Go and post on the SLP thread, oh right one doesnt exist because even you couldnt care less about it.
    Lol
    For someone who doesn’t care about Scottish football you seem to know about quite a bit.
    When you say about Ange not having anyone to beat in Scotland those 2 years -the first year he came in when Celtic had lost half a squad in the summer he turned around a 5 point deficit in October/November against a Rangers team who went to the Europa cup final that year(to their immense credit )
    Not sure why but you seem like a bitter man

Rumour is he was very annoyed that he left the World Cup for the alleged holdup of his family when in fact the house was empty

Lol
    For someone who doesn’t care about Scottish football you seem to know about quite a bit.
    When you say about Ange not having anyone to beat in Scotland those 2 years -the first year he came in when Celtic had lost half a squad in the summer he turned around a 5 point deficit in October/November against a Rangers team who went to the Europa cup final that year(to their immense credit )
    Not sure why but you seem like a bitter man
    Bitter? I couldnt care less.

You on the other hand its like you have a "Celtic" algorithm programmed into your computer as whenever they are mentioned are are here faster than a startled gazelle.

My comment was to a Spurs fan but here you are all over it like a bad fitting suit.

By the way, did you find any evidence to support your unsubstantiated bigoted remark you made about a country (you remember, it was the one you were desperately hoping someone would find for you. It was some months ago so you must have had time to find it)

Still waiting.......

Master
    Mental game this!

Master
    Game of the year right there

Grreat game, balls of steel from Palmer taking that penalty.

What a game that was. Chelsea can turn it on when they want, they were the same against us. Draw about right.

Palmer looks awesome, why would City sell him? It's not as if Doku is better.

Master
    Bitter? I couldnt care less.

You on the other hand its like you have a "Celtic" algorithm programmed into your computer as whenever they are mentioned are are here faster than a startled gazelle.

My comment was to a Spurs fan but here you are all over it like a bad fitting suit.

By the way, did you find any evidence to support your unsubstantiated bigoted remark you made about a country (you remember, it was the one you were desperately hoping someone would find for you. It was some months ago so you must have had time to find it)

Still waiting.......
    I very seldom mention Celtic
    You on the other hand seem to have an unhealthy obsession for reasons best known to yourself.
    I avoid getting drawn into old firm arguments on here because it’s boring for non combatants but I remember your comments on Ange before he went to Spurs and how he would bomb yada yada yada.
    He may still do but let’s see the ride.
    Anyhow that was everything that is good about English football.

I'd have Palmer in ahead of Sterling, although I agree Sterling was terrific today.

What a game that was. Chelsea can turn it on when they want, they were the same against us. Draw about right.

Palmer looks awesome, why would City sell him? It's not as if Doku is better.
    He asked to leave .
    Pep promised him more time but he still chose to leave .
    IMHO Doku is better at the minute . Cole has a higher ceiling but his attitude is questionable .

I very seldom mention Celtic
    You on the other hand seem to have an unhealthy obsession for reasons best known to yourself.
    I avoid getting drawn into old firm arguments on here because it’s boring for non combatants but I remember your comments on Ange before he went to Spurs and how he would bomb yada yada yada.
    He may still do but let’s see the ride.
    Anyhow that was everything that is good about English football.
    Please show me how many times I have mentioned Celtic on this forum in comparison to any other football club. Then when you have done that please post up the results of how many times you have jumped in whenever someone has either mentioned Celtic or even an ex manager!

The unhealthy obsession is you, as it seems every time the club are mentioned here you are, re Ange (You know the chap whose name you cant even pronounce properly) Why are you here ranting away at my comment if you are not obsessed with Celtic, why would you care about their ex manager?
    The comment was related to a poor Spurs performance but here you are thrashing away at your keyboard because your beloved team happens to be mentioned. Oh and by the way, I referred to European football not Scottish football, I know its hard for you to grasp but some of us actually watch European football and keep an eye on results.

Who mentioned old firm? I seem to recall it was you who brought it up last time, again not me and here you are again bringing it up (But apparently its I who have the unhealthy obsession) Any reason as to why the "Old firm" is even mentioned here?

I see you are still avoiding correcting your bigoted comment, care to apologise or are you still doubling down?

Master
    Such a fanxy
    Enjoy your night
    Everyone bored enough.

Such a fanxy
    Enjoy your night
    Everyone bored enough.
    Stay classy

Master
    When Chelsea are capable of that you wonder what the hell they have been doing.
    Tore City to shreds at points during that game.

He asked to leave .
    Pep promised him more time but he still chose to leave .
    IMHO Doku is better at the minute . Cole has a higher ceiling but his attitude is questionable .
    Ah fair enough. Pep is known for not standing in a player's way if he wants out so that makes sense.

Chelsea seem to hold their own when both teams play.

Against the organised low block, eg Brentford, they have been caught out. Hopefully with a bit more fire power after the international break they can fix that.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk