closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 64 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,200 of 5462

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

trent, ballon d ‘or , stats , blah blah blah etc etc .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    trent, ballon d ‘or , stats , blah blah blah etc etc .
    He had a good game by all accounts after Klopp realised he was at fault for a lot of the defensive problems and moved him away from the right back role, he should have followed this thread! Carra and Neville saying Walker is probably the best right back in prem history in commentary during the City game.

Good to see Grealish getting into the action a bit more, his defensive side has improved a lot but he seems to have stopped taking players on, far too many short or backwards passes from good positions whilst Doku engages the defender.

Lots of goals this weekend, Liverpool scored some great goals. Happy that City dropped points.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    He had a good game by all accounts after Klopp realised he was at fault for a lot of the defensive problems and moved him away from the right back role, he should have followed this thread! Carra and Neville saying Walker is probably the best right back in prem history in commentary during the City game.

Good to see Grealish getting into the action a bit more, his defensive side has improved a lot but he seems to have stopped taking players on, far too many short or backwards passes from good positions whilst Doku engages the defender.
    That’s the conundrum at the minute.
    Grealishs defensive work are far better than Dokus . His threat level is different in that he’s not as direct as the Belgian but defenders tend to man up on him making his route to goal cluttered. I’d personally still be picking Grealish , certainly for the last three games v very good teams .
    Rodri and Grealish are both missing for Villa on Weds too. A tough game made much harder. I’d take a point now if it was offered.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Some cracking goals from your lot yesterday
    they were in fairness 4 bangers,

cant rely on that every week though!

Great performance from the spurs !

Have to say, Amazon have absolutely nailed it with the Stadium FX commentary.
    No inane waffling by co commentators is a joy.

When did Arsenal sign Onana ?
    Last edited by thegoat; 5th December 2023 at 22:35.

Craftsman
    Arsenal don’t like it up em.

Belting game this! Like an FA Cup tie!

Suspect Luton will tire but this is a tough game make no mistake

Craftsman
    That 96th minute goal might just win Arsenal the league this season

Great game. Luton are easily the best of the promoted teams. It might not be pretty but it’s effective. The best teams find a way to win though.

That Luton defender messing around with the throw in has cost them there as the ref added time on and that's where Arsenal scored

I'm telling ya, Gnarls Barkley's going to Germany!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Arteta needs to get over himself and drop Raya for Ramsdale, the problem is his arrogance wont let him admit he made a mistake so he will keep playing Raya when he makes mistakes every match. Ramsdale isn't perfect but he had a great season last year and is much better than Raya.

Entertaining match, Luton should stay up if they keep playing like that.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Arteta needs to get over himself and drop Raya for Ramsdale, the problem is his arrogance wont let him admit he made a mistake so he will keep playing Raya when he makes mistakes every match. Ramsdale isn't perfect but he had a great season last year and is much better than Raya.

Entertaining match, Luton should stay up if they keep playing like that.
    I’ve never thought Raya was any material improvement over Ramsdale.

Rayas distribution is supposed to be better but he goes long just as much as Ramsdale, it also helps when he has a 6 foot 4 target in Kai rather than 5 foot 4 Eddie to aim for.

The issue with Raya is he simply isn’t strong enough at claiming crosses which when you monopolise the ball for most of your games provides the biggest opportunity for the opposition

Kai Havertz is playing pretty well now, I think there's a bit more chemistry and understanding with the rest of the team.

Shambolic goalkeeping yesterday but Luton away is going to be a much tougher fixture than many teams think I reckon.

Master
    Another assist for young Trent.

If he continues at his current assist rate he will be the English football all time assist record holder by the time he retires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Villa are absolutely brutal at Villa Park - they've completely played City off the park.

Really not looking forward to Arsenal going up there on Sunday - I'd take a 0-0 right now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Villa are absolutely brutal at Villa Park - they've completely played City off the park.

Really not looking forward to Arsenal going up there on Sunday - I'd take a 0-0 right now.
    Can’t recall Manchester City being so outplayed in recent times.

What a match. Villa were magnificent and not just that, above City and in third in the table.

Villa 22 shots, City 2.
    "A man of little significance"

Fair play to Aston Villa.
    They were absolutely superb tonight. I haven’t seen City dominated like that in many moons. I didn’t expect much but even with a full complement we would have struggled tonight .

Master
    Credit to Villa. Great performance. Top 4 contenders surely?

Slightly better from Man Utd but Chelsea were woeful.

What I find incredible is Man Utd are only 3 points behind City.

Liverpool only 2 behind Arsenal so they are doing well and arguably punching above their weight but they keep winning. Arsenal's next 2 away PL games are Villa and Liverpool! I'd be delighted with 4 points from those 2 matches. Villa are killing it at home and Anfield is always a fortress.

It’s definitely going to be an interesting couple of weeks.

Best i have seen Villa play in years,every player was on it from the off.My God Bailey i take it all back!

Master

Premier League 2023-24

What I find incredible is Man Utd are only 3 points behind City.

Liverpool only 2 behind Arsenal so they are doing well and arguably punching above their weight but they keep winning. Arsenal's next 2 away PL games are Villa and Liverpool! I'd be delighted with 4 points from those 2 matches. Villa are killing it at home and Anfield is always a fortress.
    Punching above their weight ???

I actually think you believe this nonsense that you type.

What that based on ? How do you come to these mad conclusions.

Last edited by Ivan Drago; 7th December 2023 at 10:31.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lacroix4 View Post
    Best i have seen Villa play in years,every player was on it from the off.My God Bailey i take it all back!
    Agreed, not a single player below par. The place was rocking and I think the scoreline flattered Man City! I've warmed to Bailey this season, its refreshing to see someone run at the opposition rather than pass it at the slightest sight of an opponent. And lets not forget McGinn. Absolutely outstanding last night, head and shoulder the best player on the pitch. I'm not sure we are realistic contenders for the title though. Qualifying for the Champions league would be an epic achievement when you consider how far we've come over the last couple of years. I hope we can produce a similar performance on Saturday .
    Last edited by stefaulkner; 7th December 2023 at 11:32.

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    Agreed, not a single player below par. The place was rocking and I think the scoreline flattered Man City! I've warmed to Bailey this season, its refreshing to see someone run at the opposition rather than pass it at the slightest sight of an opponent. And lets not forget McGinn. Absolutely outstanding last night, head and shoulder the best player on the pitch. I'm not sure we are realistic contenders for the title though. Qualifying for the Champions league would be an epic achievement when you consider how far we've come over the last couple of years. I hope we can produce a similar performance on Saturday .
    All the players have improved under Emery and his coaches. Digne is the best example, bought for a huge amount by Gerrard because he's good on the attack and puts in a good cross but, as we quickly found out, not much cop in defence. Played second fiddle from the January window to (the excellent) Alex Moreno and rumours of his sale in the summer. Since Moreno's injury he's been superb, a much better player than he was.

To the point now where someone like Cash, who looked good before Emery got going, doesn't appear to have improved and is looking under par compared to his teammates. I'm still not sure about Konsa at RB, or rather playing three CBs and one LB who gets forward more, but with Bailey having so much fun on the left do we really need a LB bombing forwards.

Now we just need Buendia and Mings back and improve our away form.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post

At the start of the season hardly anyone had Liverpool as a realistic contender for the title. They were in transition with a new midfield. However they sit only 2 points behind Arsenal and 4 above City.

So that's what I mean - they are overachieving vs what initial expectation were at start if season.

Master
    At the start of the season hardly anyone had Liverpool as a realistic contender for the title. They were in transition with a new midfield. However they sit only 2 points behind Arsenal and 4 above City.

So that's what I mean - they are overachieving vs what initial expectation were at start if season.
    i wouldnt get carried away with anyones league position just yet, regardless under Klopps reign liverpool they would always be considered title challengers and were 3rd in the betting at the start of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post

Probably uses stats

To agree with my fellow Villa fans above, we were magnificent last night. Absolutely battered City, and how it was only 1-0 I will never know. McGinn was sensational, as was Kamara, and Torres in defence is looking like one of the transfers of the season. I was very disappointed with the City fans in the stadium though, hardly a peep out of them all night. One or two half arsed renditions of Blue Moon, and that was it. At least Guardiola had the humility to say that they were beaten by the better team, no Spurs style moaning about injuries and suspensions.

Playing the same 11 every game including two teenagers is really starting to show. Our players are having to conserve energy in-game and it’s reducing our effectiveness.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    To agree with my fellow Villa fans above, we were magnificent last night. Absolutely battered City, and how it was only 1-0 I will never know. McGinn was sensational, as was Kamara, and Torres in defence is looking like one of the transfers of the season. I was very disappointed with the City fans in the stadium though, hardly a peep out of them all night. One or two half arsed renditions of Blue Moon, and that was it. At least Guardiola had the humility to say that they were beaten by the better team, no Spurs style moaning about injuries and suspensions.
    villa were excellent , they dominated city , that said it was a strange outfit that pep put out , the tried and trusted 5-0-5 formation. With kovacic , Nunes and Phillips on the bench , not really surprised they were overrun in midfield.

Master
    Everton are doing very well so far against Newcastle.
    How DCL missed that chance is anyone’s guess.

This is going to be a cricket score at Spurs... Wonder what Moyes' excuse will be this week.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Everton are doing very well so far against Newcastle.
    How DCL missed that chance is anyone’s guess.

That’s us at home always struggling, normally he would bury that.

Really? He’s shite. Of course he’ll score now.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    That’s us at home always struggling, normally he would bury that.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    villa were excellent , they dominated city , that said it was a strange outfit that pep put out , the tried and trusted 5-0-5 formation. With kovacic , Nunes and Phillips on the bench , not really surprised they were overrun in midfield.
    Kovacic and Nunes are just back from injuries. I still don’t know what’s going on with Phillips , very strange.
    I said before the game that we would struggle with our Rodri, Grealish and Doku and so it proved. Pep was trying Ajanji, Lewis and Stones in a makeshift midfield which was completely swamped by a superb Villa . I still think that with a full complement , we wouldn’t have got much yesterday .
    That’s the best performance I’ve seen from an opposition team since the Liverpool game in 2018/19 season ( I think )

Spurs dominating, going a goal ahead and then missing a ton of chances in the 1st half.

I feel like this is a match I've watched before.....

Master
    Maybe Trent can give Trippier some lessons on the ball.

Craftsman
    Another mistake by Trippier, another goal for Everton

Trippier's had 5 minutes to forget. Two bad mistakes, two goals.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Kovacic and Nunes are just back from injuries. I still don’t know what’s going on with Phillips , very strange.
    I said before the game that we would struggle with our Rodri, Grealish and Doku and so it proved. Pep was trying Ajanji, Lewis and Stones in a makeshift midfield which was completely swamped by a superb Villa . I still think that with a full complement , we wouldn’t have got much yesterday .
    That’s the best performance I’ve seen from an opposition team since the Liverpool game in 2018/19 season ( I think )
    I think it's the best we've played since we came back up, even better than the 7-2 against Liverpool.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Trippers has been a liability for the Barcodes.

And now West Ham level as well, lovely.

Master
    Goodison been absolutely bouncing all night, great win for Everton.

In one game. We’re all running on fumes. It’s ridiculous. We need to f*ck the UCL off and concentrate on domestic football.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Trippers has been a liability for the Barcodes.

Nice little dent in the Newcastle GD too, which is good.

Spurs dominating, going a goal ahead and then missing a ton of chances in the 1st half.

I feel like this is a match I've watched before.....
    Yep, knew I'd seen this match before