closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 52 of 110 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,600 of 5462

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Painful watching us against Chelsea, just no urgency, happy to pass it around the back with no direction. No idea how we got a point out of that game. Chelsea looked pretty good at times, crazy to think they spent £1bil and did not sign a decent striker!

I can see Ramsdale getting back into the team, Raya has been pretty terrible the last few games, so many times getting caught out with bad passes, terrible positioning.

If we don't get Toney or a decent striker in Jan, top 4 could be a struggle.

Good to see my man Eddie N, came on hardly touched the ball but got his standard yellow card, top class player as always.
    Awaiting the apology for VAR

Arsenal being denied penalty in Chelsea draw was unbelievable, says Ruud Gullit
    https://metro.co.uk/2023/10/22/ruud-...lsea-19703275/

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    Awaiting the apology for VAR

Arsenal being denied penalty in Chelsea draw was unbelievable, says Ruud Gullit
    https://metro.co.uk/2023/10/22/ruud-...lsea-19703275/
    I did think at the time it should have been a pen, but none of the players appealed or asked for it. Does seem a large number of terrible GK's in the PL this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Villa looked superb again today.
    They did look good but I was fed up with watching their time wasting techniques and Zaniolo writhing around on the floor for ages pretending to have a head injury so the ref stopped the game only for him to be eager to get back on a couple of minutes later - simply cheating.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

What a player Mitoma is !
    There’s not many get Walker in a mess but I’m sure the City man is still untangling his feet from Saturday.
    On another note , the referee s are the main talking point again . Abject performances all over the place . I’m looking forward to who the PL choose for Old Trafford this weekend. Not .

Whoever it is will be giving Man Utd every possible advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    What a player Mitoma is !
    There’s not many get Walker in a mess but I’m sure the City man is still untangling his feet from Saturday.
    On another note , the referee s are the main talking point again . Abject performances all over the place . I’m looking forward to who the PL choose for Old Trafford this weekend. Not .

Loving this Spurs side.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Loving this Spurs side.
    Indeed looking good.

Blog Entries
    Big Ange doing amazing ! Spurs have been my second team since the Glen Hoddle era. Although can you send him back to paradise

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

This Spurs team is unrecognisable from those under Jose and Conte. Big Ange is doing well and will continue to improve them I’m sure. I didn’t think they were great tonight, just better than under previous managers, and they couldn’t score against a really terrible Fulham team other than being gifted both goals.

Blog Entries
    David. One thing from his time at Celtic win lose or draw he will play attacking and brave football. Sometimes that is a win in itself. For Spurs fans he will want to entertain you and whether you get in champions league or not enjoy the ride with a honest and decent manager who genuinely cares about pleasing the fans and entertaining them with a positive football outlook

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    This Spurs team is unrecognisable from those under Jose and Conte. Big Ange is doing well and will continue to improve them I’m sure. I didn’t think they were great tonight, just better than under previous managers, and they couldn’t score against a really terrible Fulham team other than being gifted both goals.
    Agreed 2nd half we dropped off a bit with some sloppy passing was but it’s a bit harsh to say we were “gifted” those goals. They came from hard work on the press when we didn’t have possession.
    Richarlison still worries me. Closes down well but still can’t hit a barn door.

Actually you’re right I was a bit harsh, Fulham gave away possession but that wouldn’t have mattered had Spurs not executed the press very well. So I’ll take that back.

Richarlison is stealing a living as a footballer. Absolutely garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    Agreed 2nd half we dropped off a bit with some sloppy passing was but it’s a bit harsh to say we were “gifted” those goals. They came from hard work on the press when we didn’t have possession.
    Richarlison still worries me. Closes down well but still can’t hit a barn door.
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 23rd October 2023 at 23:19.

Yeah I really like him and his style of play, must be great for the fans to see quality and an attacking style after recent managers. We know what that change feels like and it’s great!

Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post
    David. One thing from his time at Celtic win lose or draw he will play attacking and brave football. Sometimes that is a win in itself. For Spurs fans he will want to entertain you and whether you get in champions league or not enjoy the ride with a honest and decent manager who genuinely cares about pleasing the fans and entertaining them with a positive football outlook

Villa's stats are pretty decent, the best home form this season and over the course of the year (Emery took over a year ago so Gerrard's disastrous start to last season, leaving the team a point above relegation, would skew the stats somewhat!) I think we're the second most successful team, behind Man City. The front pair of Watkins and Diaby are on fire and all of this with the entire starting left side (Mings at CB, Moreno at LB, Ramsey on the left of Luiz and Buendia on left wing) out injured.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Villa's stats are pretty decent, the best home form this season and over the course of the year (Emery took over a year ago so Gerrard's disastrous start to last season, leaving the team a point above relegation, would skew the stats somewhat!) I think we're the second most successful team, behind Man City. The front pair of Watkins and Diaby are on fire and all of this with the entire starting left side (Mings at CB, Moreno at LB, Ramsey on the left of Luiz and Buendia on left wing) out injured.
    Not sure about the Mings reference, as you bought a definitie upgrade. However, it's looking good for sure.

Not sure about the Mings reference, as you bought a definitie upgrade. However, it's looking good for sure.
    Nope, Mings has been imperious for us. Torres was bought in to provide extra cover for the Europa Conference League and to allow us to play three (and occasionally four) CBs. Mings was let down massively pre-Emery () by having to cover everyone else. The defence defaulted to him to take the ball forward, Digne was brought in as an attacking LB in Gerrard's 4-3-2-1 pyramid, which didn't work and he was terrible in defence, and we had all manner of disorganisation going on in DM ahead of Mings. Under Emery all the players have improved, to the point where Ezri Konsa to the right of Mings has come on in leaps and bounds (and the player bought in to replace him sits on the bench), Kamara and Luiz are doing the business in front of the defence and even Digne at LB has learnt how to defend. To look at it a different way, the only player to come in during the January window and start matches, a player Emery specifically requested, was Moreno at LB and he was both brilliant in defence and attack and allowed Mings to not have to cover two positions. Gerrard really was rubbish for Villa. But were Mings to be fit now he would be starting every match ahead of Torres.

Also look at how England played with Mings in defence compared to when Maguire played. The 0-4 defeat by Hungary, for example.

Torres won’t be cover. Once he’s adapted to life in the pl, he’ll be a guaranteed starter. He’s quality.

Villa have started superbly, the only worry being both times they’ve faced decent teams this season (Newcastle and Liverpool), they’ve been soundly beaten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    Torres won’t be cover. Once he’s adapted to life in the pl, he’ll be a guaranteed starter. He’s quality.

Villa have started superbly, the only worry being both times they’ve faced decent teams this season (Newcastle and Liverpool), they’ve been soundly beaten.

Yes, agree with all of that.

I didn't see the Spurs v. Fulham game.

From press reports, it seems that Calvin Bassey had (another) howler.

Props to his representatives, Unique Sports Group, who seem to be able to get big money for a very-average player.
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post

Well, Mings is out for a few more months so we'll see.

Newcastle was a disaster, Buendia went out injured a few days before and Mings was injured not long into the match. That high line we played didn't work against Newcastle's attacking players. Brighton are about equal with Newcastle at the moment, we beat them 6-1. I'm not sure what went on in the Liverpool match but both teams will face a different Villa at Villa Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Well, Mings is out for a few more months so we'll see.

Newcastle was a disaster, Buendia went out injured a few days before and Mings was injured not long into the match. That high line we played didn't work against Newcastle's attacking players. Brighton are about equal with Newcastle at the moment, we beat them 6-1. I'm not sure what went on in the Liverpool match but both teams will face a different Villa at Villa Park.
    As you say, Mings was injured in the Newcastle game, and all of our usual organisation went out of the window as a result. Then in the Liverpool game, Diego Carlos got injured as well. Since them Konsa has really stepped up, and Torres is coming to terms with the speed and strength of the Premier League. People in the media and other fans are starting to realise that this Villa team under Emery aren't a flash in the pan, and aren't going away. We've averaged two points a game under Emery, and that's nearly always good enough for top 4/5 in recent years. Once we get Ramsey and Moreno back properly, we'll be even better. Douglas Luiz is playing as well any midfielder in the league at the moment, and I wouldn't swap him for anybody.

Master
    Sorry, but watching Villa week in, week out, Torres is far from the player Mings is. We are way more solid at the back with Mings present. He is the authority in the back line. Maybe Torres hasnt quite found his feet yet in the Prem, but I would take Mings over Torres all day long.

Not wishing to sound too negative either, but Digne is more reliable than Moreno at LB too. Sure, Moreno is a great attacking LB (Digne is too) but he isnt as good a defender as Digne.

Mings and Buendia are big losses for us but we are doing OK

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    Sorry, but watching Villa week in, week out, Torres is far from the player Mings is. We are way more solid at the back with Mings present. He is the authority in the back line. Maybe Torres hasnt quite found his feet yet in the Prem, but I would take Mings over Torres all day long.

Not wishing to sound too negative either, but Digne is more reliable than Moreno at LB too. Sure, Moreno is a great attacking LB (Digne is too) but he isnt as good a defender as Digne.

Mings and Buendia are big losses for us but we are doing OK
    I thought Moreno was a big upgrade on Digne last season but now Emery and his coaches have had time to work with Digne he's looking the business, really good in attack and has been defending superbly. It's a shame we haven't had much time to see what Emery could do with Buendia, who looked immense in pre-season. The match against Newcastle just before the season started was almost entirely about Buendia.

Master
    Lovely tributes to Sir Bobby at Old Trafford on Tuesday. Including the Liverpool shirt.

That second goal was an absolute beauty!

Got to say Ayew was class tonight.
    Spurs 5 points clear - Angeball dreamland!

Spurs fans I imagine will be feeling similar to how Arsenal fans felt a year ago at this stage - a creeping feeling of 'we couldn't could we? Nah don't be ridiculous. But we're 5 points clear, maybe, just maybe'.....

Blog Entries
    Love big Ange and as I mentioned before on the thread spurs have always been my second team. Enjoy the ride and take one game at a time. Hopefully Levy will support him in the notoriously difficult January transfer window. I think he needs the summer period to bring in his players which as always will be based on how they fit his system ( at least one striker) is needed

Spuds best team in the league right now....fair play

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Spurs fans I imagine will be feeling similar to how Arsenal fans felt a year ago at this stage - a creeping feeling of 'we couldn't could we? Nah don't be ridiculous. But we're 5 points clear, maybe, just maybe'.....
    Absolutely not - just enjoying the moment.

Not an easy game. Palace well organised and missing Olise and Eze who would’ve made it a lot lot harder for us. Richarlison still misfiring. Good to have Bentancur and Gill back adding some much needed depth. 5 points clear on a Friday night makes for a good weekend. let’s enjoy it while it lasts. COYS!

Craftsman
    Great week for us Spurs fans. Only issue I see is, we have been very lucky with sides not taking there chance.

Enjoying it , top 4 here we come.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    I have a feeling in my waters that Postecoglou will not last long. He kind of proved himself at Celtic, but then I reckon even Phil Neville could succeed at Celtic.
    Thought I should revisit this to rub my own nose in my daftness.

City tomorrow. Already trembling with fear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly, just enjoy playing well and winning games. Too much hype around about can this or that be won.

Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    Absolutely not - just enjoying the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Thought I should revisit this to rub my own nose in my daftness.

City tomorrow. Already trembling with fear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Never fear
    Tierney has your back .

If we're still 5 points clear come mid-May I may start gobbing off a bit

Master
    If we're still 5 points clear come mid-May I may start gobbing off a bit
    Ha ha ha do it now others did!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only switched Chelsea v Brentford on in the second half but it’s been an exhilarating game. Stunning smash n grab ( so far) by Brentford
    Chelsea have to come good , surely ?

Master
    Only switched Chelsea v Brentford on in the second half but it’s been an exhilarating game. Stunning smash n grab ( so far) by Brentford
    Chelsea have to come good , surely ?
    Whether they do or not as season progresses is anybody’s guess.

It looked like they were getting things together in recent weeks but today they just couldn’t break a stubborn Brentford down for a win.

Harry Kane scored from inside his own half against Darmstadt. Puskas award nailed on.

https://twitter.com/NoodleHairCR7/st...7M2bYOGRA&s=19
    Last edited by ryanb741; 28th October 2023 at 16:09.

Bellingham with a banger in El Clasico

https://x.com/_Stevemensa/status/171...k8205yygw&s=09

Different gravy that kid.

Bellingham with a banger in El Clasico

https://x.com/_Stevemensa/status/171...k8205yygw&s=09

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Different gravy that kid.
    He's just scored the winner in injury time!

Nketieh's 3rd goal today was a worldie as well.

Ryan, Have you got a link to any of the goals in the Belgian 2nd Division that you can post a link to in the Premier League thread ?

Ryan, Have you got a link to any of the goals in the Belgian 2nd Division that you can post a link to in the Premier League thread ?
    No problem, 3 of the teams I support were playing today in that league so I'll dig some footage out.

Wolves v Toon is a half decent watch too .

Wolves v Toon is a half decent watch too .
    Yep good game. Not really watched Wolves this season but some decent pace and skill on show.

And we definitely got lucky with that penalty. Strange how VAR is being used to support weak decisions..

Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    Yep good game. Not really watched Wolves this season but some decent pace and skill on show.

And we definitely got lucky with that penalty. Strange how VAR is being used to support weak decisions..

Agreed, it felt like the VAR was looking repeatably for reasons to give it

There were 2 players between the referee and the incident

It was an awful decision

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    VAR is great isn't it? Possible one of the worst penalty decisions this season.
    Never a pen.