closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 77 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,850 of 5492

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Master
    This is hilarious - I’m going for a Newcastle win at this stage.

Any chance of a loan move for Divock Origi in the last 10 minutes?

Nobody wanted Pope at the time because Dubravka was our #1 and had always been excellent. He was very unlucky to be replaced when he was.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Actually based on tonight I'm not sure Pope should be 1st choice!

Drury just shot his load. Disgraceful bias. We’ve been battered as we all expected by the team at the top of the league with a wealth of top class players like a World Cup winner off the bench while we bring on Almiron.

Master

Premier League 2023-24

That is a stone cold penno!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a shocking penalty decision

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Drury just shot his load. Disgraceful bias. We’ve been battered as we all expected by the team at the top of the league with a wealth of top class players like a World Cup winner off the bench while we bring on Almiron.
    don’t worry he has Neville alongside for balance , if it ends 4-2 it’s not that bad for Newcastle should have been 7 or 8.

An embarrassing dive. How can anyone get a result at Anfield? Fucking joke. Disgusting corruption. Fucking joke. Sorry for language and I know we’ve been battered but PGMOL will always keep them safe. They’re still being repaid for the Spurs game.

Cheats.

Master
    Thats a shocking penalty decision
    either it’s a penalty or he walks it in, there was contact.

Master
    An embarrassing dive. How can anyone get a result at Anfield? Fucking joke. Disgusting corruption. Fucking joke. Sorry for language and I know we’ve been battered but PGMOL will always keep them safe. They’re still being repaid for the Spurs game.

Cheats.
    Maybe take a deep breath mate. We are not in the Bear Pit.

Master

Cheats.
    as I said there was contact otherwise he just walks it in, Newcastle have been well beaten tonight , penalty or no penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    either it’s a penalty or he walks it in, there was contact.
    Jota took a heavy touch, there was minimal contact and when he knew he was pushed out wide he took a dive about 2 strides later.

Would rather cheat and dive than put the ball in the net. The most protected club in the PL. Drury should never work on a Liverpool game again, he’ll be trying to blow Salah off later.

Jota took a heavy touch, there was minimal contact and when he knew he was pushed out wide he took a dive about 2 strides later.

Master
    Come on Dave you were expecting the worst in any case so it is not a surprise at least.

Master
    Would rather cheat and dive than put the ball in the net. The most protected club in the PL. Drury should never work on a Liverpool game again, he’ll be trying to blow Salah off later.
    you were absolutely hammered you should be happy it wasn’t more, no point moaning.

- - - Updated - - -

well the referee and var disagree with you and so do I.

Master
    Newcastle absolutely whalloped there.

Liverpool should have won that by about 12 goals.

Christ I hate them. I’ve deserved a ban for my language tonight and will happily accept one, couldn’t give a shit. Dave if you’re manning the fort, ban away my friend, no hard feelings.

I sincerely hope City win the league.

Liverpool could have got into double figures, but didn't, and it was only a disgraceful dive that made it safe. The run also looked offside as well but didn't see it being checked.

Cheats.
    You sure you're not an Evertonian ?
    I've not heard so much BITTERNESS for a long time.
    I hope you get some time on the naughty step, your language is DISGRACEFUL and only seems to represent the size of your brain (or a peanut perhaps.....)
    Shocking.

Christ I hate them. I’ve deserved a ban for my language tonight and will happily accept one, couldn’t give a shit. Dave if you’re manning the fort, ban away my friend, no hard feelings.

C'mon fella it's only a game, and it's only an internet forum. Don't take it to heart so.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    Liverpool could have got into double figures, but didn't, and it was only a disgraceful dive that made it safe. The run also looked offside as well but didn't see it being checked.
    can’t see from the angle on tv but I’d wager he was in his own half when the pass was played

Master

Do we need a welfare check here ?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    You sure you're not an Evertonian ?
    I've not heard so much BITTERNESS for a long time.
    I hope you get some time on the naughty step, your language is DISGRACEFUL and only seems to represent the size of your brain (or a peanut perhaps.....)
    Shocking.
    Eeerm it's the Liverpool fans that are "vile" don't ya know.

Anyway what a stomping win for Liverpool. Still don't believe they will win the league but they are doing a good job so far to prove me wrong.

I don't think a bit of bad language can be described as vile but hey ho, we're all entitled to our opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Eeerm it's the Liverpool fans that are "vile" don't ya know.

Anyway what a stomping win for Liverpool. Still don't believe they will win the league but they are doing a good job so far to prove me wrong.

No but thanks for having the emotional intelligence to check

Football is an emotional game and I get emotionally involved. I make no apology for that. I do however apologise for my use of language tonight. Sorry guys. I've simmered down now. I and just about every other Newcastle fan knew we'd get battered tonight and we did. We wanted to come out of it with no injuries ahead of a massive derby on Saturday and hopefully we have. There are no excuses for that one, we have to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Do we need a welfare check here ?

Football is an emotional game and I get emotionally involved. I make no apology for that. I do however apologise for my use of language tonight. Sorry guys. I've simmered down now. I and just about every other Newcastle fan knew we'd get battered tonight and we did. We wanted to come out of it with no injuries ahead of a massive derby on Saturday and hopefully we have. There are no excuses for that one, we have to win.
    Good man

Master

It’s the passion that sport brings out of us David, especially up where you are where I know the team mean a lot.

I’m a rugby guy, and get very frustrated when Tigers get walloped. I can’t participate from a Leicester City point of view given they were relegated, but on current form maybe next year!

Grow up. Newcastle were beaten by a better team with fans who understand football.

You should take up welly wanging - less stressful.

Not rising to this trolling tonight. Happy New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Grow up. Newcastle were beaten by a better team with fans who understand football.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post

Your username would be a fantastic New Year's resolution for you.

Master

Fan of oil rich state owned club, sincerely hopes a different oil rich, state owned club wins the league.

Stands to reason, nothing to see here then.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Fan of oil rich state owned club, sincerely hopes a different oil rich, state owned club wins the league.

Stands to reason, nothing to see here then.

City aren’t state owned .

Master
    The most protected club in the PL ?

Before last night we had the highest number of VAR decisions go against us in the league this season.

We have also had two red cards that were not reds.

The keeper has slid out got nowhere near the ball and make contact with Jota. That’s a foul by the laws of the game. There’s no corruption at play here.

Has Jota made the MOST of the contact and gone over - YES we all agree.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    City aren’t state owned .
    state controlled

you are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    state controlled

you are welcome.
    Welcome to what ?
    Your whataboutery?
    You don’t have a clue about City and their owners . I can only guess that your information comes from the circle jerk vacuum of some Liverpool supporting vacuum like RAWK or the Anfield Wrap .
    We are better than your shower on and off the pitch . Always will be too .

You’ve never once offered anything of substance about City’s owners because you have as much idea of that as you have of enjoying football live , not sat in front of your TV with your Jurgen Klopp Jimmy jams on .

You’re welcome .

Master
    Owned by City Football Group, which is 81% owned by Abu Dhabi United Group which is owned by Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan (Sheikh Mansour), who is VP of the UAE, Deputy PM of the UAE, Chairman of the UAE Sovereign Wealth Fund, Chairman of the Central Bank of the UAE, and lots of other state owned companies/businesses.

Personally I don't give a toss about the ownership, that horse bolted along time ago, but trying to suggest that City's not state controlled is a joke, Sheikh Mansour is the State.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cbh View Post
    Owned by City Football Group, which is 81% owned by Abu Dhabi United Group which is owned by Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan (Sheikh Mansour), who is VP of the UAE, Deputy PM of the UAE, Chairman of the UAE Sovereign Wealth Fund, Chairman of the Central Bank of the UAE, and lots of other state owned companies/businesses.

Personally I don't give a toss about the ownership, that horse bolted along time ago, but trying to suggest that City's not state controlled is a joke, Sheikh Mansour is the State.
    the goat is a joke , he is the literal definition of the sports washed fan doing the regimes work for them. But deep down he knows that, trying to talk down to people who don’t attend as many live games as him is about all he has in his locker 😂

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Welcome to what ?
    Your whataboutery?
    You don’t have a clue about City and their owners . I can only guess that your information comes from the circle jerk vacuum of some Liverpool supporting vacuum like RAWK or the Anfield Wrap .
    We are better than your shower on and off the pitch . Always will be too .

You’ve never once offered anything of substance about City’s owners because you have as much idea of that as you have of enjoying football live , not sat in front of your TV with your Jurgen Klopp Jimmy jams on .

You’re welcome .
    Der spiegel explains it in a way anyone can understand if they are so inclined

https://t.co/VJWOmh1XpF

Master

Cheats.
    Dubravka in an interview today has stated his arms didn’t mean to hit Jota, it wasn’t meant but he accepts it was a penalty.

Master
    Dubravka in an interview today has stated his arms didn’t mean to hit Jota, it wasn’t meant but he accepts it was a penalty.

yes saw that, very mature of him.

As Eddie Howe's position becomes more of a topic of discussion in the media, I'll share my thoughts.

For me, Eddie has enough credit in the bank to get to the end of the season. Two years ago today we hadn't won in 19 league games, were second bottom and looking like relegation certainties. Two years is a very short time to be where we are now and to have played in the UCL this season. We also haven't spent a great deal of money, relatively speaking. He's done a remarkable job.

Do I believe Eddie is the man to take us where the owners and fans want us to be? No, I don't. But I also want to be wrong about that. Nobody thought SAF was that man either although I accept he was very much a one-off. I'd love Eddie to be our SAF.

I've no doubt at all that the owners, through the natural process of corporate succession planning, will have identified a couple of managers they'd like to succeed Eddie. That's perfectly normal. At the moment though, I couldn't give you the name of anyone that looks like they could be recruited as all the top ones are in work. I think about Arsenal's time under Wenger, Man Utd under SAF and currently Pep and Klopp. They all have longevity at their clubs and I've always believed that was the best chance of success. Obviously Chelsea under Roman bucked that trend by changing managers every 18-24 months and still winning the lot. Amazing really.

Managers are always under pressure for various reasons and Eddie is now more than at any time since he got here. But that's when the best step up. Eddie needs to step up now as we have massive games in January. I really hope he does.

We play Sunderland in the FA Cup at their place this weekend and I expect us to win that game comfortably and anything less isn't acceptable. We have international players throughout the team and there isn't anyone in the Sunderland squad that has played against players of that quality or a team of our quality. They shouldn't be able to lay a glove on us, even applying the derby factor.

A 1-0 win is the minimum expectation.

So, very interesting times both now and ahead. If I had a crystal ball I think I can see us starting next season with Jose at the helm. That thought fills me with dread as I think he's a busted flush now and would also be incredibly divisive around the dressing room, club and city.

Master

That's not correct though and has been mis-reported by the Liverpool press to deflect from a poor dive from Jota. What he actually said (and remember English is not his first language) was:

"It is a frustration because he’s a clever guy. I tried to pull my arms [away] and not catch him. I felt contact but I’m not really sure what else I should do to not try and catch him, at the end it was a penalty. There is no point trying to argue with them. With the VAR I don’t know what to say"

I know the brother of one of the Newcastle players and factually Dubravka was basically saying Jota played for the penalty by initiating contact which was given and it's history, so not going to get changed now (hence no point trying to argue about it). The following sentence then got conveniently missed off the stilted reporting where he was basically saying he can't understand why VAR did not overturn it, the interview is online and his frustration is clear.

There seems to be this misconception here that any contact in the penalty box is a foul and a penalty, that is not how the laws are drafted and this should not have come close to meeting the threshold.

Newcastle well beaten but as a football lover I hate players of ANY side trying to con the ref like that, he initiated contact, which because of Dubravka's actions was the slightest touch and decided to swan dive when he realised he was never getting that ball under control after a poor touch before Dubravka made contact.

Funnily enough there appeared to be a far better penalty shout with Endo pushing Longstaff in the back when he was a few yards out just ahead of Liverpool breaking and going down the other end and getting the first penalty. They didn't show a definitive camera angle but it certainly looked like a push from Endo who had got the wrong side of Longstaff, anyhow as Dubravka said water under the bridge, Newcastle needs to regain their mojo and add some more quality to the squad.

Seems like no striker for Arsenal this window but some reports that they've agreed a deal with Barcelona for Pedri who is an attacking midfielder.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    That's not correct though and has been mis-reported by the Liverpool press to deflect from a poor dive from Jota. What he actually said (and remember English is not his first language) was:

"It is a frustration because he’s a clever guy. I tried to pull my arms [away] and not catch him. I felt contact but I’m not really sure what else I should do to not try and catch him, at the end it was a penalty. There is no point trying to argue with them. With the VAR I don’t know what to say"

I know the brother of one of the Newcastle players and factually Dubravka was basically saying Jota played for the penalty by initiating contact which was given and it's history, so not going to get changed now (hence no point trying to argue about it). The following sentence then got conveniently missed off the stilted reporting where he was basically saying he can't understand why VAR did not overturn it, the interview is online and his frustration is clear.

There seems to be this misconception here that any contact in the penalty box is a foul and a penalty, that is not how the laws are drafted and this should not have come close to meeting the threshold.

Newcastle well beaten but as a football lover I hate players of ANY side trying to con the ref like that, he initiated contact, which because of Dubravka's actions was the slightest touch and decided to swan dive when he realised he was never getting that ball under control after a poor touch before Dubravka made contact.

Funnily enough there appeared to be a far better penalty shout with Endo pushing Longstaff in the back when he was a few yards out just ahead of Liverpool breaking and going down the other end and getting the first penalty. They didn't show a definitive camera angle but it certainly looked like a push from Endo who had got the wrong side of Longstaff, anyhow as Dubravka said water under the bridge, Newcastle needs to regain their mojo and add some more quality to the squad.
    Jota initiated contacted ? That’s complete nonsense.

The contact has hit Jota’s back right heel when he’s already passed him.

Did Dubravka make contact when Jota had passed him 100%. Did Jota make the most of it 200%.

Seems like no striker for Arsenal this window but some reports that they've agreed a deal with Barcelona for Pedri who is always injured and will spend loads of time on the treatment table .
    Fixed

Master
    Jota initiated contacted ? That’s complete nonsense.

The contact has hit Jota’s back right heel when he’s already passed him.

The penalty was awarded for contact on Jotas trailing left leg

Master
    Sorry yes left leg, if you think he’s initiated contact you’re actually mental.

The keeper has hit his leg, Jota hasn’t hit his leg into the keeper.

Jota touch was horrible and has been too heavy and that’s why he’s gone down in the action he has.

To say Jota initiated contact is laughable.

Rewatch it.

https://youtu.be/X3caddTGplc?si=dQKyTNJQm8ZP8x95

Craftsman
    Why are Newcastle not wearing their away shirt, shirts are to similar on the tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    Why are Newcastle not wearing their away shirt, shirts are to similar on the tv.
    Madness.

Master

Premier League 2023-24

Maybe they wanted to match the colours of the refurbished bar haha!
    But yes hard to make out on TV.

Very dull game so far