timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 98 of 110 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,900 of 5489

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    30000 chanting about Hillsborough? A slight exaggeration?
    I never heard any. A lot of Park Park where ever you may be, take me home united road, and united united.

Outside the Stretford End no one else really sings. I'm not one for singing so I wouldn't recognise the song if they did but it didn't seem like there was much singing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    What's your opinion of Doku Lee?
    Exciting and disappointing in equal measures pal .
    I think he’s being used slightly out of his comfort zone at the minute and you can see his decision making and passing aren’t quite there yet . He will come good though. We are missing Jack at the minute so Doku is probably playing more than he thought he would .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    I never heard any. A lot of Park Park where ever you may be...
    Which Park has asked people not to sing.
    "I really request the fans to stop singing that word," he said. "It causes discomfort to Korean people when they hear that song. It's time to stop."

Outside the Stretford End no one else really sings. I'm not one for singing so I wouldn't recognise the song if they did but it didn't seem like there was much singing at all.
    I was in the North Stand (but reasonably close to the Stretford End - see photo). It was livelier yesterday than I've known it for ages and it certainly wasn't just the Stretford End singing. In large part this will be because it was a cup game so a lot more away support than normal. They sing, we sing, they sing, we sing and repeat.

Don't get me wrong I'm no angel - I'll happily sing about taking 'hatchets and hammers, stanley knives and spanners' to city fans and then call in at the pub on my way home and have a perfectly friendly conversation about the game with Mike, Ryan and Tracey (all blue).

Last edited by MakeColdplayHistory; 18th March 2024 at 14:41.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    What's your thoughts on Havertz and Jorginho now btw? Genuine question.
    Ryan
    Jorginho solid contributes without taking your breath away as to Havertz same old same old nothing new with you guys and IMO the fee we got was way above paygrade
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Forest to be penalised 4 points for FFP breach

Since promotion Forest have signed 42 players at a cost of about £250m, helping them retain their Premier League status last season.
    Last edited by Chicken Pox; 18th March 2024 at 15:19.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    We both know the rivalry between the teams and some of the vile chants being sung by both fans has gone on way too long and is very sad to see - however dont play the victim card - there was also a flare flown into the disabled section yesterday by Liverpool fans,. the incident of the team bus being attacked in 2023 and I was at the game when coins and excrement was thrown at united fans in the away end

https://www.theguardian.com/football...tory.liverpool

Shocking scenes that shouldnt be seen at any football game but it is the biggest rivalry in this country always was always will be
    It genuinely doesn’t bother me, it’s all pantomime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    Forest to be penalised 4 points for FFP breach

Since promotion Forest have signed 42 players at a cost of about £250m, helping them retain their Premier League status last season.
    #whataboutcity

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Which Park has asked people not to sing.
    "I really request the fans to stop singing that word," he said. "It causes discomfort to Korean people when they hear that song. It's time to stop."

I was in the North Stand (but reasonably close to the Stretford End - see photo). It was livelier yesterday than I've known it for ages and it certainly wasn't just the Stretford End singing. In large part this will be because it was a cup game so a lot more away support than normal. They sing, we sing, they sing, we sing and repeat.

Don't get me wrong I'm no angel - I'll happily sing about taking 'hatchets and hammers, stanley knives and spanners' to city fans and then call in at the pub on my way home and have a perfectly friendly conversation about the game with Mike, Ryan and Tracey (all blue).

I was saying what I heard. I don't sing anything. Not because of I worry about offending Park or the opposing fans but because I feel embarrassed singing whether it is about the food habits of Koreans or just chanting Viva Garnacho for a guy 20 years younger than me.

No problem with people who do but it's just not for me, creates an atmosphere but I'm way to self conscious to chant and sing.

As for the offensive songs. They never really bother me if opposing fans sing them. Maybe I would be offended if it was my family or close friends involved. I'm usually just a bit embarrassed for the people who sing about these kind of things.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    #whataboutcity

It's ok, Arsenal will deduct their points in a couple of weeks

Rumours that Gabriel has done his achilles. He's been pulled put of the Brazil squad.
    Last edited by ryanb741; 18th March 2024 at 18:49.

I never heard any. A lot of Park Park where ever you may be, take me home united road, and united united.

Definitely was some

https://twitter.com/terryflewers/sta...gQVHorKUg&s=19

Master
    Blog Entries

I'm not saying there wasn't any but I am saying I didn't hear any and certainly don't think there was 30,000. I've seen that one clown posted everywhere. Looks like his mates (or whoever he went with) didn't even want to be associated with him.

For me it’s not about losing in the FA cup ,it’s about losing to Man Utd in any fixture.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Yes, he only has two more EPL goals than Gordon but half of Palmer's are pens where Gordon only has one pen.
    Personally, i think the exciting thing about Palmer is how different he is to all these other good players.

He has a creativity and imagination on top of his technique.

Interesting for Southgate, could drop Jude back with Rice, Saka and Foden on the wings, and play 442 with Kane and Cole up top, when he feels he needs to change it up

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Personally, i think the exciting thing about Palmer is how different he is to all these other good players.

Interesting for Southgate, could drop Jude back with Rice, Saka and Foden on the wings, and play 442 with Kane and Cole up top, when he feels he needs to change it up

it would be just like safegate to gung ho and play our attacking players

Henderson and rice nailed on as holding midfield

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    For me it’s not about losing in the FA cup ,it’s about losing to Man Utd in any fixture.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Snap, all about passion and rivalry at the sharpest end

Master

agree; the stats tell only part of the story. given who he plays for it takes a lot for either of us to compliment one of theirs!

Outstanding news about Kobbie Mainoo being called up for the national squad too .
    The next big thing will be a revelation in Waistcoats team . I’d imagine the rest of the European teams will not bother competing now .

And now Leicester charged with failing FFPFSRORWHATEVERITSCALLEDTHISWEEK .
    Finally looks like the superbly run Premier League is getting its act together to charge all these cheating clubs .

Outstanding news about Kobbie Mainoo being called up for the national squad too .
    The next big thing will be a revelation in Waistcoats team . I’d imagine the rest of the European teams will not bother competing now .

I know what you mean. Fair play to the guy, but he's played 15 games in the Prem and he's being spoken about like he's the new Remi Moses.

If anything highlights the lack of quality for England in the centre of the pitch if they want to play with two pivots.

Master
    I took the goats post as sarcasm ?

Mainoo shouldn’t be anywhere near an England cap at this stage.

Absolutely baffling stuff.

Kind of agree. Speaks to lack of options. But good luck to him, hope he grabs the opportunity.

And now Leicester charged with failing FFPFSRORWHATEVERITSCALLEDTHISWEEK .
    Finally looks like the superbly run Premier League is getting its act together to charge all these cheating clubs .
    It won't be long now until all the turkeys realise they voted for Christmas.

Kind of agree. Speaks to lack of options. But good luck to him, hope he grabs the opportunity.

England are absolutely stacked with midfield options . That’s the point .
    A half decent showing in a really poor United midfield and the kid is the latest in a long line of next “ insert Utd great here “
    It speaks volumes for who is supposedly picking the squad .

I agree. The only surprise for me when this squad was announced is that he wasn't in it. Not because I thought he should be, rather he'd had half a dozen decent games and he plays for Nited so that's usually enough to get a call up. What I really disliked was Safegate's underhandedness in the whole thing. He was always going to be called up but the manager knew there'd be a backlash so waited until mid-camp, despite nobody withdrawing from the squad at that stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    I took the goats post as sarcasm ?

Mainoo shouldn’t be anywhere near an England cap at this stage.

England are absolutely stacked with midfield options . That’s the point .
    A half decent showing in a really poor United midfield and the kid is the latest in a long line of next “ insert Utd great here “
    It speaks volumes for who is supposedly picking the squad .

Not sure I agree with that, within the managers system, Rice is one, then the other shielding/DCM/holding is....?

K Philips can't get a game at WH, JWPs face don't fit, TAA is injured, Hendo was playing in the sand up until recently.

Connor G, Madison, Bellingham are all selected to play higher up

My bolter was Barkley but that fairytale doesn't look like it's going to happen

Not sure I agree with that, within the managers system, Rice is one, then the other shielding/DCM/holding is....?

K Philips can't get a game at WH, JWPs face don't fit, TAA is injured, Hendo was playing in the sand up until recently.

Connor G, Madison, Bellingham are all selected to play higher up

My bolter was Barkley but that fairytale doesn't look like it's going to happen

Mainoo is no more a holding midfielder than any of the “higher ups “ you’ve highlighted . The very fact that the media have painted him as a defensive midfielder when required gives you all the info you need as to how this squad is picked .
    Rice and Bellingham can do that double pivot all day long when required. Johnny Boulders will be completely wasted at centre half making Harry Maguire look like less of a clown instead of filling the role for England that he smashes for the greatest team in the world .
    I agree with you completely on Ross Barkley though . Huge talent and is having a fantastic season .

Leicester taking legal action against the Premier League and the EFL .
    Tick tock .

Leicester taking legal action against the Premier League and the EFL .
    Tick tock .

No chance. They are screwed. They decided to not comply with EFL guidelines (which would have forced them to sell players in order to meet financial guidelines) so that they could go straight back up, stating that they were under the jurisdiction of the PL when the offences took place. Now they are refusing to admit their guilt to PL saying that they are currently in the Championship and under EFL jurisdiction!

They therefore will lose any benefit of reduced points deduction as they haven't co-operated with the PL, the PL will find them guilty as they are guilty (£40m excess loss over the allowed amount so far worse than Everton and Forest) . They'll get 10 points minimum and not be able to appeal and get it down.

They'll not stay up and Leeds have a case that they were relegated last season to 3 teams (Leicester, Everton and Forest) who basically cheated. So there's probably a further legal situation to follow.
    Last edited by ryanb741; 22nd March 2024 at 18:26.

Master
    City are gonna get whacked in 15 years time when the charges finally get looked at.

No chance. They are screwed. They decided to not comply with EFL guidelines (which would have forced them to sell players in order to meet financial guidelines) so that they could go straight back up, stating that they were under the jurisdiction of the PL when the offences took place. Now they are refusing to admit their guilt to PL saying that they are currently in the Championship and under EFL jurisdiction!

They therefore will lose any benefit of reduced points deduction as they haven't co-operated with the PL, the PL will find them guilty as they are guilty (£40m excess loss over the allowed amount so far worse than Everton and Forest) . They'll get 10 points minimum and not be able to appeal and get it down.

They'll not stay up and Leeds have a case that they were relegated last season to 3 teams (Leicester, Everton and Forest) who basically cheated. So there's probably a further legal situation to follow.
    I know
    It’s hilarious isn’t it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    City are gonna get whacked in 15 years time when the charges finally get looked at.

Much more likely that City will be given the COVID trophy donated to Liverpool by the benevolent authorities.

Master
    Much more likely that City will be given the COVID trophy donated to Liverpool by the benevolent authorities.

Oh the season when Liverpool were 25 points clear of 115 FC before the Covid break ?

I know it’s not Premier League, sorry. That was a shocker of an England performance tonight. Southgate, Dunk, Gallagher, Maguire, Chilwell and Watkins aren’t up to the standard. We’ll waste another golden generation if we keep this muppet in charge. No shape or tactics whatsoever.

All enthusiasm I had for the Euros has gone. We’re fooked.

Gordon and Mainoo did OK though.

I know it’s not Premier League, sorry. That was a shocker of an England performance tonight. Southgate, Dunk, Gallagher, Maguire, Chilwell and Watkins aren’t up to the standard. We’ll waste another golden generation if we keep this muppet in charge. No shape or tactics whatsoever.

Yeah , but Mainoo innit

What standard? Who would play instead of those 6?

Friendlies don't mean anything.

Mainoo just played to get some England caps to his name so he can't play for Ghana!

It was a friendly where players are in the business end of the PL and don't want to go full tilt and risk injury, there were a few players who withdrew 'injured', a lot of that side out there tonight aren't starting XI, Foden was played out of position on the wing. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Personally I care far more about Arsenal winning trophies than about England anyway, I find international weeks get in the way of the PL. I'm sure I'll follow the Euros in the summer but give me the PL and CL any day of the week over International matches.

Watkins did OK I thought, he had hardly any service. I'm taking a bit of a dislike to Bellingham though - at one stage he even put his hands on the ref's shoulders which is a total lack of respect and his constant gestures and grimaces are irritating. It's like if you blended Klopp and Arteta and turned that creation into a footballer.
    Last edited by ryanb741; 24th March 2024 at 00:31.

Absolutely agree. I served a 90 day ban for very briefly putting one hand on a refs shoulder in a vets match.

Bellingham doing that was ridiculous

The standard required to compete at the latter stages of tournaments. What was most concerning for me was the lack of identity. What kind of team are we? Counter-attacking? High press? Possession-based? I don’t know because I can’t see it.

These friendlies should be about seeing who can play in your system and who brings most to that. We don’t seem to have a system. I thought the players were unsure too and were playing on instinct. That was probably the weakest Brazil team I’ve ever seen. Six debutants and they’ve lost three in a row before tonight. I doubt France will be shaking in their boots.

Worrying IMO.

What standard? Who would play instead of those 6?

Friendlies don't mean anything.

Mainoo just played to get some England caps to his name so he can't play for Ghana!

Blog Entries
    Great match fell asleep during second half woke up when it had finished
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Honestly commentators need shot. They just described daclan rice as a proud proud Englishman, you know the Declan rice that played all youth football for Ireland and has 3 senior Ireland caps.

It's not even his 50th cap, it's his 53rd!!!!!

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Why do all the games have to be played at the same time. Absolutely nothing on both Sun or Mon and now we have England, Wales and Scotland all kicking off at the same time. One of those could have been played last night. Need to get Sky involved, they are good at spreading the games out.

I’ll start with Wales v Poland, it is a qualifier final after all.

Master
    Surely mainoo already shown enough to be serious contender for starting at euros. His talent is just a level above the rest and showing it already

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    Surely mainoo already shown enough to be serious contender for starting at euros. His talent is just a level above the rest and showing it already
    Kalvin & Hendo can forget getting on the plane, along with Pickford & Dunk.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    Kalvin & Hendo can forget getting on the plane, along with Pickford & Dunk.
    Dunk is a filler player and Chilwell was he ever actually good?

Southgate does like to trust his shit players, Maguire, Pickford and probably Henderson and Phillips will be on the plane and start the first game and that’s why England will be lucky to get to the quarters.

Imagine that squad with Pep or Klopp in charge.

I’ve been saying for two years Everton need to sell Pickford, the guy is a clown.

Dunk is shyte and cannot go to the Euros.

Chillwell, Henderson, Phillips, Maguire and Dunk shouldn’t be going. I hate saying this but if we go out early at least we might get rid of Safegate. Four wins out of 26 games against the top ten teams is abysmal. He has to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    Dunk is a filler player and Chilwell was he ever actually good?
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 26th March 2024 at 23:46.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Southgate does like to trust his shit players, Maguire, Pickford and probably Henderson and Phillips will be on the plane and start the first game and that’s why England will be lucky to get to the quarters.

Imagine that squad with Pep or Klopp in charge.

I’ve been saying for two years Everton need to sell Pickford, the guy is a clown.
    Butland is the best keeper England have and he’s not getting a sniff of a call up. It’s a poor manager that will pick players that are playing in the Saudi league or not playing at all over players that are putting in a shift week in and week out.
    Heard Southgate getting quoted for the Man U job on talksport, They must be shitting themselves by now.

Can understand the vitriol here, but to be fair who hasn't been picked that should have?

And who's he picking that plays in Saudi, don't think there is anyone is there?

Last edited by xxnick1975; 27th March 2024 at 08:51.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    Butland is the best keeper England have and he’s not getting a sniff of a call up. It’s a poor manager that will pick players that are playing in the Saudi league or not playing at all over players that are putting in a shift week in and week out.
    Heard Southgate getting quoted for the Man U job on talksport, They must be shitting themselves by now.
    Brilliant, lets hope those rumours are true, keep the man u poorly oiled machine well and truly clogged up :)