timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 108 of 111 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,400 of 5540

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Yep
    Said it before.
    Him and Bruno are the two biggest cheats/ cowards in the game today . They go hiding when needed and hang out the rest of the squad to try and salvage their own reputation. United fans should be fuming with those two.
    The fact Bruno is captain of the club is the perfect example of how broken that club is - he displays almost every trait that you wouldn’t ever want in a leader.

The issue is there are no leaders in that team full stop, even Casemiro is on a jolly just going through the motions

Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    The fact Bruno is captain of the club is the perfect example of how broken that club is - he displays almost every trait that you wouldn’t ever want in a leader.

The issue is there are no leaders in that team full stop, even Casemiro is on a jolly just going through the motions
    Yep.
    And what isn’t in doubt is that he (Fernandes) is an excellent footballer . The dressing room must be in the same state as the stadium.

Jammy gits. Feel for Coventry.

Rags should be too ashamed to celebrate. Spawny tw@ts
    Last edited by ryanb741; 21st April 2024 at 18:27.

Please please please batter them in the final.

Yep.
    And what isn’t in doubt is that he (Fernandes) is an excellent footballer . The dressing room must be in the same state as the stadium.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Surprised how quickly VAR ruled on the tight offside at the end of ET.

Coventry were excellent. I think Manchester City will be pleased to avoid them in the final.

Better team lost

City will be thankful the championship side made it through to the final

They should stick 5 past that absolute shower.

If Arsenal don't give United an absolute pumping at Old Trafford the club should be disbanded.

Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    Better team lost

City will be thankful the championship side made it through to the final

They should stick 5 past that absolute shower.
    Pep should play himself in the final just to take the p*ss.

What’s even more nauseating is knowing that walking dope Maguire will play every minute for England this summer. Southgate will show ten hag Levels of moron.

Also Bruno got player of the match - lol what ….?!?

Just seen the VAR still from the ‘offside ‘ decision in the United v Coventry game and the line actually goes over Wan Bissakas foot to make the Coventry guy offside .

I thought that too, it was the quickest VAR offside I've seen in England all season. They couldn't wait to rule it out so they could get the final the FA and broadcasters want.

Just seen the VAR still from the ‘offside ‘ decision in the United v Coventry game and the line actually goes over Wan Bissakas foot to make the Coventry guy offside .

Amazing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    every club has these; he just did it rather spectacularly and it backfired on him.

I had a row with 2 youngsters at an away game last week who started throwing the hand shake gesture at home fans probably 20 seats away; but right in front of my face blocking my view.

I told them less than politely if they wanted to show the home supporters how tough they were to go and do it in front of them. They stopped rather abruptly and muttered under their breath.

oh to be young and stupid again

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    What a fascinating thought and one that's never occurred to me. Now it has I'm struggling to think of anyone better in that specific regard.
    Each of the mega-greats had no inclination to do certain elements of the game (often defensively) but in Rooney you had someone capable of everything. Speak to any of the Man United squad who played with him and they all say he could have played in any position and been outstanding (he was even, apparently, an unbelievable goalkeeper).
    He could score all types. Tap-ins, headers, left foot, right foot, piledrivers, lobs, dinks, passed-finishes etc. He could run. He could tackle. He had timing and positioning. He had awareness. He was unselfish but still put up huge numbers himself. Passing was outstanding too. He had physicality and dynamism but was also cute when needed. Set pieces were strong. Goodness he was good.

Even with Pele, Messi, CR7, R9 etc. you can find elements of those which they lacked or had little desire to do.

Maybe Maradona comes closest although his size would have precluded him from winning aerial duals in the way Rooney did.
    From what I've been told - although he was well before most of our times - Alfredo Di Stefano might be close too?

Others I can think of who possibly could have done it but maybe weren't given the chance in the very advanced positions:
    Steven Gerrard
    Yaya Touré
    Ruud Gullit
    Clarence Seedorf
    Franz Beckenbauer?
    Lothar Matthäus
    Sergio Ramos has defended outstandingly and scored in mad numbers, although I dunno if he's a great footballer?
    I suspect one day we'll be talking about Eduardo Camavinga in this conversation.
    I'm told Martin Peters was ludicrous in multiple positions.
    Jude Bellingham?

As an aside, after writing the above I just googled it and this bit of interesting silliness came up...
    https://medium.com/@strijdhagen/the-...l-5a11fdb9f51d
    interesting view; i remember when in his pomp at Utd the Sun (bear with me) did an article that basically said that due to his talent, vision etc he was technically a genius, purely on football basis.

he played for utd against my lot a few weeks later and I watched him closely just out of curiosity; he really did have everything in his locker. Would drop deep and play perfect 50 yard cross fields, tackle back, and was a joy to watch.

Master

Rags should be too ashamed to celebrate. Spawny tw@ts
    this; best mate is Cov and they are gutted. United are an embarrassment of a team with their sense of entitlement and self worth. A couple of proper tackles and Rushford ducks out and Bruno screaming like a bitch; arguably 2 of the most gifted players in the league and not a spine between them

I’ve just seen the three non-penalties in the Everton v Forest game and for me they’re all pens, especially the first two. I can see how the third was missed but it’s still a pen and VAR should have stepped in. It’s clear the EPL don’t want their points deductions to take Everton down.

Quote Originally Posted by westberks View Post
    this; best mate is Cov and they are gutted. United are an embarrassment of a team with their sense of entitlement and self worth. A couple of proper tackles and Rushford ducks out and Bruno screaming like a bitch; arguably 2 of the most gifted players in the league and not a spine between them
    Also Antony cupping his ear to the Coventry fans after the shootout, what a spiteful wretch he is, and an absolute waste of money.

On that note I think the PL are investigating the wrong Manchester team for financial wrongdoing as I learned today that United are paying Casemiro £350k a week.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by westberks View Post
    Yes, we are gutted. Gave them far too much respect in the first half albeit 3-0 felt flattering, then got on the front foot. As the home side, we would have won the game if held at CBS as none of that VAR nonsense. But given the FA wish to run the cup with 2 sets of rules depending on where it is played we are out, based on a very quick decision where the lines have clearly been drawn in the wrong place to try to make it look like they are not on top of each other. Either scrap VAR or ensure clear and obvious means a decent margin of separation between the lines.

The technology does not even have the capability to go down to that level, neither in terms of knowing precisely when the ball was played or capturing the perfect corresponding angle across the line. How anyone can say that was a clear and obvious error is baffling, maybe the powers that be felt an all Manchester final would be a greater commercial venture than Cov?!

Bruno winning man of the match was a disgrace, as was Antony's classless celebrations after he was once again rubbish and Onana picking up a second yellow but counting for nothing - again baffling given one of our most influential players (Palmer) was suspended for entering the field of play to celebrate the winner against Wolves. Maguire was the only player for United who did anything and was classy after the shootout (as was Bruno and some others)

A very proud performance, but more penalty shootout agony, 11 months after one penalty cost us a premier slot and the cup run being a distraction which possibly cost us a play-off spot this year. Great progress though, knowing this season we own the key players so no re-build required for next year. O Hare may leave but Palmer is just as good and Sakamoto will return too, so plenty of cover. PUSB!
    Last edited by thegreatdogwood; 22nd April 2024 at 09:32.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I’ve just seen the three non-penalties in the Everton v Forest game and for me they’re all pens, especially the first two. I can see how the third was missed but it’s still a pen and VAR should have stepped in. It’s clear the EPL don’t want their points deductions to take Everton down.
    funny for me the 3rd was the most egregious, the first two i can see why they werent over turned (but its that stupid thing whereby if they were given they wouldnt be overturned eiter)

How anyone who watched the Coventry v Man Utd game could give Fernandez MOTM is utterly beyond me. No Man Utd player should have even been in contention for MOTM. Simms, O'Hare and the young RB were outstanding for Coventry and one of them should have gotten that award. The outrageous bias towards Man Utd continues.

Master
    Oh no
    What punishment did we get ?
    just so we are clear, for whenever a determination is eventually made,

Is your assertion that city have not breached FFP rules, havent made under the counter payments to ex managers and players and all of their sponsorship income is legitimate arms length?

Master
    funny for me the 3rd was the most egregious, the first two i can see why they werent over turned (but its that stupid thing whereby if they were given they wouldnt be overturned eiter)
    Danny Murphy's analysis was quite good on MOTD2 with regards the first 2 not being given but the third was absolutely stonewall penalty

Also Antony cupping his ear to the Coventry fans after the shootout, what a spiteful wretch he is, and an absolute waste of money.

On that note I think the PL are investigating the wrong Manchester team for financial wrongdoing as I learned today that United are paying Casemiro £350k a week.
    Antony is an abysmal player. Fancy having that lack of self awareness to do that to the Coventry players. You cost a fortune, have been shit all season, lost a 3 goal lead to an average second division side then give it the big one when you scrape past them on penalties. Words fail me, pity the bloke who takes over from Ten Hag, he's got a massive job in his hands. Imagine having to deal with a cretin like Antony on a daily basis, blimey.

The new manager (Graham Potter) has got his work cut out dealing with or getting rid of Antony, Rashford and a few others and taking the captaincy off Fernandez. I can't remember a less appropriate captain than Bruno.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    Antony is an abysmal player. Fancy having that lack of self awareness to do that to the Coventry players. You cost a fortune, have been shit all season, lost a 3 goal lead to an average second division side then give it the big one when you scrape past them on penalties. Words fail me, pity the bloke who takes over from Ten Hag, he's got a massive job in his hands. Imagine having to deal with a cretin like Antony on a daily basis, blimey.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    lost a 3 goal lead to an average second division side
    Bit harsh! I might be biased, but Cov are one of the best Championship sides on their day, just too inconsistent.

just so we are clear, for whenever a determination is eventually made,

Is your assertion that city have not breached FFP rules, havent made under the counter payments to ex managers and players and all of their sponsorship income is legitimate arms length?
    No .
    What you and your fellow cult member consistently say is that the club is guilty as if it’s a matter of fact . It isn’t. The club has been charged . There is a distinction is there not ?
    I believe we are innocent of the trumped up charges which have been leveled against us .
    Does that answer your question ?

Master
    No .
    What you and your fellow cult member consistently say is that the club is guilty as if it’s a matter of fact . It isn’t. The club has been charged . There is a distinction is there not ?
    I believe we are innocent of the trumped up charges which have been leveled against us .
    Does that answer your question ?
    not really,

Some of City's charges center around:

failing to disclose accurate financial information, “in particular with respect to its revenue (including sponsorship revenue), its related parties and its operating costs”, and not fully providing managerial remuneration details for a four-year period that saw Roberto Mancini was manager.

So what you are saying is that you dont believe they paid Mancini under the table and you do believe that all sponsorship revenue is arms length third party, is that correct?

not really,

Some of City's charges center around:

failing to disclose accurate financial information, “in particular with respect to its revenue (including sponsorship revenue), its related parties and its operating costs”, and not fully providing managerial remuneration details for a four-year period that saw Roberto Mancini was manager.

So what you are saying is that you dont believe they paid Mancini under the table and you do believe that all sponsorship revenue is arms length third party, is that correct?
    What I think or what I believe is a moot point .
    On numerous occasions , you have stated that City are guilty have you not ?
    Not an opinion, but as a fact . So I ask again , what was our punishment ?

Master
    What I think or what I believe is a moot point .
    On numerous occasions , you have stated that City are guilty have you not ?
    Not an opinion, but as a fact . So I ask again , what was our punishment ?
    So you wont answer the question, why not?

Master
    City are guilty.

It’s impossible for a club with zero global fan base and an average attendance 50k to become the world’s top earning club.

The likes of Real, United, Liverpool, Bayern etc are global clubs that have fans across the world and have done for 50/60 years and yet they can’t match City.

It’s actually laughable to think City have done it organically.

LAUGHABLE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

City innit, different rules.

Was watching the semi against Chelsea, wifey says ‘that’s a penalty’.

I replied, don’t be silly dear, you know they don’t award penalties against City.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    City innit, different rules.

Was watching the semi against Chelsea, wifey says ‘that’s a penalty’.

I replied, don’t be silly dear, you know they don’t award penalties against City.
    You didn’t watch the FA Cup final last year then ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master
    Can I just add that I feel teams should be able to spend anything they want and FFP is a farce.

City have certainly broken the rules and as such are cheats but I would happily have the rules thrown out and let clubs spend.

So you wont answer the question, why not?
    Did City pay Mancini under the table .
    I don’t know
    Did City blah blah blah endorsements , sponsorships etc etc
    I don’t know
    Do you ?
    Ivan obviously does because he used capital letters and the word fact , like his hero fat Spanish waiter . Maybe you should lean over and ask him ?
    You’re tedious , why can’t you just admit that you’re jealous of Citys success ? All those trophies that were “yours” gone to ickle Citeh with no fans ever .
    I’ll repeat it over and over .
    I’ll take living with Citys supposed lack of history over your clubs tarnished background anyday of the week .

Master
    Did City pay Mancini under the table .
    I don’t know
    Did City blah blah blah endorsements , sponsorships etc etc
    I don’t know
    Do you ?
    Ivan obviously does because he used capital letters and the word fact , like his hero fat Spanish waiter . Maybe you should lean over and ask him ?
    You’re tedious , why can’t you just admit that you’re jealous of Citys success ? All those trophies that were “yours” gone to ickle Citeh with no fans ever .
    I’ll repeat it over and over .
    I’ll take living with Citys supposed lack of history over your clubs tarnished background anyday of the week .
    Still dodging the question I see.

Speaks volumes, you know what's going on but want to stick your head in the sand.

Take your tainted trophies, tarnished background is right

Still dodging the question I see.

Speaks volumes, you know what's going on but want to stick your head in the sand.

Take your tainted trophies, tarnished background is right
    Is English your first language ?
    How am I dodging the question ?
    I’ve said I don’t know the answer . I don’t know . I can’t put it plainer .
    How would you like me to answer it ? I could always employ the Liverpool method and lie I suppose.

Tainted trophies ? Christ !
    When any of them are as bloodstained as the ones in your cabinet , I might reassess.

Now back to your TV . You’ve got some more glory hunting to do from the sofa for your local team .

Premier League 2023-24

Here they go again :yawn:

Master
    How would you like me to answer it ? I could always employ the Liverpool method and lie I suppose.

When any of them are as bloodstained as the ones in your cabinet , I might reassess.

Now back to your TV . You’ve got some more glory hunting to do from the sofa for your local team .
    Always a class act

Master

You live in Liverpool, claim to go Anfield with your scouse mates and claim to have worked on Kirkby training ground.

Have you ever communicated your views of bloodstained trophies, blood on their hands etc when you’re there or is it just stuff you post on the internet ?

Very silly / naive behaviour if you live in Liverpool, work for Liverpool and go to the match on occasions.

A billion quid spent and that's the line up Chelsea can put out against Arsenal?!!?

Grand Master
    A billion quid spent and that's the line up Chelsea can put out against Arsenal?!!?

Well its going to go one of 2 ways!
    RIAC

Craftsman
    Chelsea have 10 players out injured and 7 of them are probably in their best XI.

Arsenal at full strength I think ?

Going to be funny if Chelsea reserves get anything out of this one LOL. Apparently the youngest team that has ever faced Arsenal in the PL as well.

Not watching it but heard that Jackson should have had a red and didn’t even get a yellow.

What is the point of VAR if they miss an obvious Red card ffs

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Not watching it but heard that Jackson should have had a red and didn’t even get a yellow.
    Studs up, missed the ball and he went over the top about 4 inches up the shin.

Obviously VAR missed it - too busy drawling lines over toes.

Blog Entries
    Can see a 5-6 result😂
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Poch out at this rate. And that Havertz....

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Master
    Big win for Arsenal. Goal difference fully in the bag for them now.

Blog Entries
    As a CFC supporter agreed a super win for the Arsenal and as to Poch? so who is the next great manager? i have no idea and as to Poch for me he radiates nothing just a lucky guy earning big bucks but without any passion and if sacked he will just move on. My club? going nowhere raped by HM Govt owned by a bunch of chancers .
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

A midfield as bad as this with two signings costing a quarter of a BILLION pounds is embarrassing.