closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 86 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,300 of 5462

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

I might not like the club but I can't deny the quality squad Klopp has built. When you can play the way they did last night despite the players that were missing and also be blooding young players then the future can only be very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    You’ve changed your tune

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I might not like the club but I can't deny the quality squad Klopp has built. When you can play the way they did last night despite the players that were missing and also be blooding young players then the future can only be very bright.
    Fair play, its quite some turnaround from the gloom of last season,

Bradley looks a proper prospect.

I’ll take anyone’s bet now that Arsenal will never win the league under Arteta.
    Even as Arsenal fan I have to agree with you, I have been quite vocal how bad he is, after winning nothing this season again, after all we have spent is just terrible.

Tough game on the weekend but I can only see Liverpool winning it, either way its irrelevant as City will still win the PL.

I’m not as sure of that as I was.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    …. either way it’s irrelevant as City will still win the PL.

Even as Arsenal fan I have to agree with you, I have been quite vocal how bad he is, after winning nothing this season again, after all we have spent is just terrible.

Tough game on the weekend but I can only see Liverpool winning it, either way it’s irrelevant as City will still win the PL.
    Still early days for Arteta as manager. He has lots to learn, and he’ll get better.

Whether that’s at Arsenal or not…

I think people forget we beat City at the Emirates, drew at Anfield recently and could feasibly have been 5-0 up at halftime vs Liverpool in the FA cup a couple of weeks ago were it not for inept finishing. Not sure why we are being written off by some here - I guarantee Klopp will not be relishing the trip and will be making sure his players are 100% focused. The Bookies have Arsenal as favourites to win the match at Evens, with Liverpool out at 2/1 and the draw at 3/1.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I think people forget we beat City at the Emirates, drew at Anfield recently and could feasibly have been 5-0 up at halftime vs Liverpool in the FA cup a couple of weeks ago were it not for inept finishing. Not sure why we are being written off by some here - I guarantee Klopp will not be relishing the trip and will be making sure his players are 100% focused. The Bookies have Arsenal as favourites to win the match at Evens, with Liverpool out at 2/1 and the draw at 3/1.
    Don't entirely disagree, save for your usual exaggeration. That said, if I had to guess top four places at the end of the season now it would be:

Liverpool
    Man City
    Arsenal
    Spurs

Craftsman
    If the VAR official at the Wolves Man U game was the VAR official at last nights Liverpool Chelsea game, Liverpool would have given away 2 penalties, both were worse challenges than the penalty awarded against Casimero tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    If the VAR official at the Wolves Man U game was the VAR official at last nights Liverpool Chelsea game, Liverpool would have given away 2 penalties, both were worse challenges than the penalty awarded against Casimero tonight.
    It's not VAR, it's the onfield ref making the decision and VAR deeming the decision wasn't a clear and obvious error in each case. Agree Liverpool got a bit lucky yesterday, I hope their luck runs out on Sunday

I’m so sick of this clear and obvious crap. Both decisions last night and the one tonight were WRONG. We could use VAR to correct incorrect decisions and mistakes but we don’t.

It's not VAR, it's the onfield ref making the decision and VAR deeming the decision wasn't a clear and obvious error in each case. Agree Liverpool got a bit lucky yesterday, I hope their luck runs out on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Don't entirely disagree, save for your usual exaggeration. That said, if I had to guess top four places at the end of the season now it would be:

Liverpool
    Man City
    Arsenal
    Spurs
    I don't disagree with you but on the flip side I look at that Liverpool team and think, player for player, apart from Salah and Alisson, who would I want in the Arsenal side. Maybe Nunez as he causes chaos but the rest are marginal decisions or no chance I'd want them (eg Elliott, Gomez, Jones would get nowhere near our bench let alone starting XI) whereas I look at the City team and would take more players than I wouldn't into our team (basically everyone except Nunes, Ake and Doku).

So Klopp is getting the most out of these players, they make up for some technical deficiencies by their workmate and aggression and that's the kind of thing that keeps momentum and makes a side a nightmare to play against, if you know they will relentlessly come at you.

What about Jota, Gakpo, Robertson, VVD, Trent, Dias and Elliott? They all get in Arsenal’s team.

I don't disagree with you but on the flip side I look at that Liverpool team and think, player for player, apart from Salah and Alisson, who would I want in the Arsenal side. Maybe Nunez as he causes chaos but the rest are marginal decisions or no chance I'd want them (eg Elliott, Gomez, Jones would get nowhere near our bench let alone starting XI) whereas I look at the City team and would take more players than I wouldn't into our team (basically everyone except Nunes, Ake and Doku).

So Klopp is getting the most out of these players, they make up for some technical deficiencies by their workmate and aggression and that's the kind of thing that keeps momentum and makes a side a nightmare to play against, if you know they will relentlessly come at you.

What about Jota, Gakpo, Robertson, VVD, Trent, Dias and Elliott? They all get in Arsenal’s team.
    Ah yes VVD for sure, that was a glaring omission. Elliott wouldn't get on our bench. The others are marginal as I said, there isn't much difference between them or their Arsenal counterpart whereas City's equivalents are in the main clearly superior.

Craftsman
    What a finish to the Wolves Man U game

Mainoo looks a player. Such composure.

It was a hell of a game to be fair.

Master
    That was world class from Mainoo at the end, what were united thinking for the wolves goal to make it 3-3

I think this could be quite a defining game for Arteta. He can survive a defeat but the manner of a defeat and the tactics used can be what turns people. He needs to spend the first 20 - 30 minutes being direct, no fannying about at he back and trying to be clever. They need to go long to keep Liverpool at their end. Play out from the back and Liverpool will kill them.

And....they need people to shoot! Arsenal are the most frustrating team to watch in front of goal, always looking for the extra pass and the perfect goal. Sometimes you just need to have a shot.

Master
    I think this could be quite a defining game for Arteta. He can survive a defeat but the manner of a defeat and the tactics used can be what turns people. He needs to spend the first 20 - 30 minutes being direct, no fannying about at he back and trying to be clever. They need to go long to keep Liverpool at their end. Play out from the back and Liverpool will kill them.

And....they need people to shoot! Arsenal are the most frustrating team to watch in front of goal, always looking for the extra pass and the perfect goal. Sometimes you just need to have a shot.
    over the last few months liverpool have really returned to the gegen press in a way we didnt see last season, obviously the legs in midfield are a lot fresher now than they were with henderson and fabinho and a lot of rotation up front as well,

it will be interesting to see if arsenal try play through or by pass midfield instead.

Hold on a second!, shooting and scoring are not the point of the game, the aim of the game is passing it around aimlessly and winning the possession stats, scoring is not important.

Seems to be the way!

Hold on a second!, shooting and scoring are not the point of the game, the aim of the game is passing it around aimlessly and winning the possession stats, scoring is not important.

...He needs to spend the first 20 - 30 minutes being direct, no fannying about at he back and trying to be clever. They need to go long to keep Liverpool at their end...
    What centre-forward is going to be competing with VVD & AN Other for those long balls in that scenario? Supermac? Alan Smith? Olly Giroud? Ted Drake? It won't be Jesus or Nketiah.
    ______

​Jim.

I mean long to the wingers, into the channels.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    What centre-forward is going to be competing with VVD & AN Other for those long balls in that scenario? Supermac? Alan Smith? Olly Giroud? Ted Drake? It won't be Jesus or Nketiah.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    over the last few months liverpool have really returned to the gegen press in a way we didnt see last season, obviously the legs in midfield are a lot fresher now than they were with henderson and fabinho and a lot of rotation up front as well,

it will be interesting to see if arsenal try play through or by pass midfield instead.
    If he finishes lower than 2nd he'll be in trouble given what he has spent (Arteta).

Arsenal will use the wingers to attack Liverpool's supposed weakness at left/right back. They'll put Zinchenko in to revert and try and get bodies in midfield but Liverpool know Zinchenko is vulnerable to the long pass over his head and I'd imagine Trent will target that with Nunes winning the ball in the air.

Arsenal will need to convert their chances but I reckon they'll create plenty. Jota will score as he always does against Arsenal.

Liverpool
    Man City
    Arsenal
    Spurs
    I'd agree with that. Sadly, Villa don't have the strength in depth of those teams, and it only takes a couple of players to be off it and we're struggling to get a result as we demonstrated against Newcastle. Liverpool just seem to have about 8 forwards who can all slot in as needed without them missing a beat. We've got Watkins, who blows very hot and cold. Capable of getting 8 in ten games, but then going ages without any. Diaby is looking like a huge waste of resources at the moment.

I liked Ange's comments after the Spurs game the other night, about the ridiculous handbags his players were getting involved with. He was having none of it, top bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    I'd agree with that. Sadly, Villa don't have the strength in depth of those teams, and it only takes a couple of players to be off it and we're struggling to get a result as we demonstrated against Newcastle. Liverpool just seem to have about 8 forwards who can all slot in as needed without them missing a beat. We've got Watkins, who blows very hot and cold. Capable of getting 8 in ten games, but then going ages without any. Diaby is looking like a huge waste of resources at the moment.
    That's slightly unfair on Watkins, his supply hasn't exactly been up to much. Too much dithering on the ball and then passing it from side to side while every opposition player falls in and defends the penalty area. Newcastle were even ready to attack the back pass whenever Moreno made it forward and decided not to cross.

I agree about Diaby, however. Thing is, along with Bailey (same position as Diaby) there's not much else on offer. Zaniolo, sudden loan requirement just before the start of the season when Buendia was injured has scored one goal in the league and Duran (where?) are Villa's only proper attacking options, especially now Traore has gone. This new kid needs to hit the ground running.

Saying all of that, we're still in joint fourth.
    "A man of little significance"

Richarlison looking like the player we thought we’d signed now. Two absolute belters.

Van der Ven looks a top player. Werner however is absolutely awful. Why do clubs keep signing him?

Van der Ven looks a top player. Werner however is absolutely awful. Why do clubs keep signing him?
    VdV is certainly very fast. Cracking game this.

Yep, cracking game.

VdV is certainly very fast. Cracking game this.

Just to remind you, you recently called me a troll for suggesting that Spurs would have a say in the top four this season. Regardless of the score today it was yet another ignorant comment.

Jordan Pickford. Hoof the ball long out of play. Raise hand to apologise. Rinse and repeat.

Spurs will have a say in the top four in my opinion. I didn’t think so a while back. I’m allowed to change my view based on results. There’s every possibility Spurs might win a cup with Ange and will be around the top four regularly. I’m sure Spurs fans would take that, I would. Ange can’t win the league with his style of play but then there aren’t many managers that can win the league.

Just to remind you, you recently called me a troll for suggesting that Spurs would have a say in the top four this season. Regardless of the score today it was yet another ignorant comment.
    - - - Updated - - -

It’s like watching Nick Pope.

Jordan Pickford. Hoof the ball long out of play. Raise hand to apologise. Rinse and repeat.

Idiots.

2 goals conceded from set pieces and 2 points dropped. Didn’t understand the subs. We lost momentum and control of the midfield when Gill and Skipp came on. They’re not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    2 goals conceded from set pieces and 2 points dropped. Didn’t understand the subs. We lost momentum and control of the midfield when Gill and Skipp came on. They’re not good enough.
    Agreed. I worried me as the subs were being made.

Luton Town - just wow. Pretty sure most people had them nailed on to finish bottom!

We haven’t been bad but they’ve been ruthless going forward and Barclay has ran the show all afternoon.

Luton Town - just wow. Pretty sure most people had them nailed on to finish bottom!

We haven’t been bad but they’ve been ruthless going forward and Barclay has ran the show all afternoon.
    Well that's escalated!

Ridiculous game 🤣🤣

Well that's escalated!

This is going to get ugly for Sheffield United

This is going to get ugly for Sheffield United
    Putting some nice goal difference daylight between us and Spurs.

What a waste of a PL place Sheff Utd are. Get promoted and then sell their best players!

A proper old fashioned battering this. 6-0 is our record away win in the Prem era.

Been watching Mali vs Ivory Coast instead. Fantastic match

I thought the comeback was on for Sheff United for a moment lol.

Been watching Mali vs Ivory Coast instead. Fantastic match
    Ivory Coast have lived a charmed life throughout the tournament. A bit like South Korea in the Asian tournament. Loads of last minute goals and just scraping through.

Clearly I chose the wrong Afcon match to watch today. South Africa vs Cape Verde. Watching paint dry would be more appealing.

I recall at the beginning of the season that you said Luton didn't deserve to be in the Premier league.

Four goals past you at your place?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

A 4-0 win for Liverpool today please, will see Villa move ahead of the Arse into 3rd without kicking a ball.