closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 105 of 111 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,250 of 5535

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Not bothered
    Didn’t want to win it anyway. It’s a second rate competition.
    Salahs stats are better than Haaland and that’s what counts .

This loss means more

Master
    Thats football.

Should have scored 3/4 again like midweek but we’ve ran out of legs.

This season was about securing champions league football again so it’s a big positive and we will be better next season when we strengthen.

City’s will win it, they won’t slip up, too much quality for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Falling short at the final hurdle. Strong contenders for The There or Thereabouts Trophy though.
    Last edited by seabiscuit; 14th April 2024 at 16:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Thats football.

Should have scored 3/4 again like midweek but we’ve ran out of legs.

This season was about securing champions league football again so it’s a big positive and we will be better next season when we strengthen.

City’s will win it, they won’t slip up, too much quality for that.

Strengthening by selling Salah and Van Dijk, plus bringing in a new manager?
    Last edited by ryanb741; 14th April 2024 at 16:24.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Strengthening by selling Salah and Van Dijk, plus bringing in a new manager?
    Salah will go but we will get a world record fee for a 32 year old - probably 150m which is fantastic business. Add a couple more squad players off books ( Thiago etc ) and you’re looking at 250m+ to strengthen.

The squad is at a fantastic age and will only get better. Obviously a blow losing Klopp but with the age of the squad it should be great base for the incoming manager.

No chance Van Dijk is going.

Does anyone other than Man City actually want to win the PL.

Looks to me like a one horse race with two huffers and puffers trying unsuccessfully to push them along.

Villa doing well so far. Better side second half, have hit the post twice.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Only one horse left now.

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    2 horse race now.

A Saudi journalist said this week their league will come back for Salah this summer at £70m. Thinking you’ll get £100m+ is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Salah will go but we will get a world record fee for a 32 year old - probably 150m which is fantastic business. Add a couple more squad players off books ( Thiago etc ) and you’re looking at 250m+ to strengthen.

The squad is at a fantastic age and will only get better. Obviously a blow losing Klopp but with the age of the squad it should be great base for the incoming manager.

No chance Van Dijk is going.

Master
    Blog Entries
    My god what were the odds

Master
    Pair of them handed it to 115 FC.

There’s a reason Pep sold Jesus and Zinchenko 💩💩

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Only one horse left now.
    1 horse and 2 donkeys

There’s a reason Pep sold Jesus and Zinchenko 💩💩
    It’s a testament to how we’ve come when Zinchenko isn’t good enough for us any more and Jesus is now a first choice sub.

It’s not over yet and Arsenal have played well for massive tranches of the season. So why the stadium is emptying with 8 mins to go is baffling.

Arteta got his selection wrong today. Why did he play Jesus up front when they’ve been doing so well with Havertz there.

Villa worthy winners today. Hit the woodwork twice as well and hung in there in 1st half. They had 2 days less to prepare as well. Fair play.

Arsenal fans innit. Honesty the fans who have left are a disgrace.
    It’s not over yet and Arsenal have played well for massive tranches of the season. So why the stadium is emptying with 8 mins to go is baffling.

Can I just check with any Spurs fans, would you rather Villa beat Arsenal to hurt their title chase even though it moves us three points (and some extra goal difference) clear, or would you rather we dropped the points?
    "A man of little significance"

That was entirely acceptable.

Arteta got his selection wrong today. Why did he play Jesus up front when they’ve been doing so well with Havertz there.
    The only thing I can think is he wanted to get into a lead quickly and then control the game so put on maximum fire power.

What Jesus does ( due to his playing style) is remove all the space for Odegard , Havertz ans Saka as he occupies the same space rather than occupying the centerbacks.

He also made is mistake with Zinchenko, if Tomi is fit he has to start at left back over him - what he offers in passing isn’t good enough anymore

Villa were very good and deserved to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    That was entirely acceptable.

Don’t see City dropping any PL points in their remaining games, so looks like game over.

I think Bayern will beat Arsenal and Liverpool look dead and buried in the Europa so both teams gave up their seasons in the space of a few days.

Villa looked good, could have been 0-4, I hope they finish 4th.

Happy Sunday everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    This loss means more
    If I was going with hubris I'd wait until after the villa game.

As expected Liverpool and arsenal drop points and as expected city look most likely to win all remaining games.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Can I just check with any Spurs fans, would you rather Villa beat Arsenal to hurt their title chase even though it moves us three points (and some extra goal difference) clear, or would you rather we dropped the points?
    To be honest, I was willing the Gooners to steamroller Villa with the hope/expectation that they would fall short during the run in. Fair play Villa though - they stepped up this weekend while Spurs went completely AWOL.

Now praying for some good English European performances to earn that 5th CL spot

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Not bothered
    Didn’t want to win it anyway. It’s a second rate competition.
    Salahs stats are better than Haaland and that’s what counts .
    Don't think even the most ardent Liverpool fan said we would win the league, we are in a great spot but we are sprinting to scrape wins while city are cantering and pasting teams. I said a good while ago that city would win it, for all this talk of a 3 horse race it'll probably be a procession at the end.

Whether they will actually keep it when ever these charges are decided is another story.

We *could* be 9 points clear of Spurs by the time they play Arsenal.

6 games left
    2 at home , 4 away .
    Add to that the Chumps League and the FA Cup matches . Still a lot of football to be played .
    Up the 115ers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master
    We *could* be 9 points clear of Spurs by the time they play Arsenal.
    As a fellow Villa fan, can I just point out that we have a habit of doing brilliant things and then go missing for a few games. I like your optimism though, and I’d take it.

After today City will win, i can see us dropping points to Chelsea and spurs so we will finish way off the top spots. Plus Bayern will destroy us on Wednesday.

Bad team selection, Zinchenko should never play football, been saying it all season he is just a liability, there right winger scored and where was he? Feck knows prob playing up front, only left back that never actually plays left back!

This game shows that we need a striker, until we get someone to lead the line we won’t win anything.

Well played to villa, deserved to win.

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    As a fellow Villa fan, can I just point out that we have a habit of doing brilliant things and then go missing for a few games. I like your optimism though, and I’d take it.
    Oh I do realise that, Dominic Solanke hat trick incoming!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I was rooting for the draw. With the games we have left I don’t think we’ll catch you now.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    After today City will win, i can see us dropping points to Chelsea and spurs so we will finish way off the top spots. Plus Bayern will destroy us on Wednesday.

Bad team selection, Zinchenko should never play football, been saying it all season he is just a liability, there right winger scored and where was he? Feck knows prob playing up front, only left back that never actually plays left back!

This game shows that we need a striker, until we get someone to lead the line we won’t win anything.

I think what happened today will concentrate the minds and we'll go to Bayern and win comfortably. I think the league is gone though, City will drop points as their defence isn't as strong as previous years but so will we.

I know every team can say the same, but Villa have properly chucked some points away this season. I'm thinking the home draw to Sheff U, away loss to Man U when 2-0 up, and last week's draw with Brentford. Another 7 points from those games and we'd still be in the hunt for the title ourselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Very gracious mate, cheers.

Master
    I know every team can say the same, but Villa have properly chucked some points away this season. I'm thinking the home draw to Sheff U, away loss to Man U when 2-0 up, and last week's draw with Brentford. Another 7 points from those games and we'd still be in the hunt for the title ourselves.
    Very true, immensely frustrating.

- - - Updated - - -

Very gracious mate, cheers.
    Both games against United were poor .
    I still can’t actually believe you lost the game at The Swamp when coasting at 2-0 .

Pep must have had a good od chat with Willie Mullins. Pair of them had it right off this week.
    City Just do the simple things well. Liverpool can't do the simple things like even hit the target.The wheels have come off.Mersey derby will not be straightforward, away at Villa no t easy.
    The only potential game City could drop points would be against Spurs. Only because Sours can be infuriatingly crap, or could be 3 up in 10 minutes....
    Its certainly City's to lose, but they won't. That treble is more than a real possibility. If Harland can start hitting the net again, that's about the last piece of a perfect jigsaw...

Fair to say City's 1-18 is stronger than everyone elses, and over 38 games that counts.

That said, it is not over yet

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

I think it is. Once City have already won the PL they may put a heavily weakened team out, especially if they are facing an FA Cup and CL final, but they won’t drop any points until it is won.

Arsenal have blown it two seasons on the trot.

Master
    Some ridiculously skilful and/or amazingly lucky saves in today’s games. Great entertainment from both games.

Master
    Some ridiculously skilful and/or amazingly lucky saves in today’s games. Great entertainment from both games.

Be very surprised if there aren’t more twists and turns in the last 6 games. I certainly wouldn’t bet on who’ll come out on top.

Master

the queue for the underground is really long though ...........

Master

a good example of why Toney from Brentford might be the answer; he hasn't hit the heights since coming back which will only force his price down, but this also coincided with the team being in poor form overall.

But he is a good centre forward and has the strength and attitude that you just seem to lack up top; not sure who else would fit the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by westberks View Post
    a good example of why Toney from Brentford might be the answer; he hasn't hit the heights since coming back which will only force his price down, but this also coincided with the team being in poor form overall.

But he is a good centre forward and has the strength and attitude that you just seem to lack up top; not sure who else would fit the bill.
    I know it won’t happen in a month of Sundays but Isaak is the perfect fit for our forward line.

But I don’t think he will want to leave Newcastle, nor will they even think about selling him.

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Fair to say City's 1-18 is stronger than everyone elses, and over 38 games that counts.

That said, it is not over yet

True about the squads, but it is over.

Arsenal have Spurs, Chelsea and Utd to play, City will win all their remaining games and will be 6-8 points clear by the end.

As you said the squad has made the difference, they just have better players and more of them.

If Odegaard got injured that would be season over, city did fine without KDB, 2 world class strikers makes a huge difference, how can Arsenal expect to win anything without a 20+ goal a season striker, it has been glossed over with some big wins this season but the issue is there and has been there for the last few years.

Isak would have been someone good to get, but cant see him moving now. Try sell Zinchenko, Havertz and Jesus and raise some funds for someone good.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I was rooting for the draw. With the games we have left I don’t think we’ll catch you now.
    The classic lose-lose situation!

What we've both learnt from the last couple of months is neither Villa nor Spurs are capable of stringing two victories together. Leading Brentford 2-0 at home we pulled it back to a 3-3 draw and then after a mid-week match against Lille we beat Arsenal 0-2 away, no one would have seen that one coming, especially with a side that's full of injuries and yet another disrupted formation.
    "A man of little significance"

Correct, Isak aint going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    I know it won’t happen in a month of Sundays but Isaak is the perfect fit for our forward line.

But I don’t think he will want to leave Newcastle, nor will they even think about selling him.

Unless Liverpool want to buy him to replace Salah