closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 73 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,650 of 5498

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    If you're saying Liverpool didn't play a long ball all game then you must have a definition that differs to me.

Humour me, what does a long ball mean to you?

The statistics platform Sofascore shows Liverpool attempted 46 long balls and we're successful with 18. Arsenal were 53 and 20, respectively.

It's a fact (if you watched the game) Liverpool targeted Zinchenko using Trent's incredible passing range from long distance, aiming to get Salah 1v1 as much as possible. Watch your goal and look where Trent - who was awarded the assist - launched the ball from.

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk
    Long ball is a ball banged into the channel or up to a 9 to flick or or take down.

There virtually no ‘ long balls ‘ played in the prem now.

Trent’s balls are all diagonals into the path of Salah. Virgil is also very good at the technique.

If you want to see long balls have a luck at league 1/2 and you’ll see the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Long ball is a ball banged into the channel or up to a 9 to flick or or take down.

Trent’s balls are all diagonals into the path of Salah. Virgil is also very good at the technique.

If you want to see long balls have a luck at league 1/2 and you’ll see the difference.

As I suspected - complete and utter nonsense definition. You've just made your own decision on what a word means. Even by that nonsense, that exactly what Trent did several times in the game. More to the point - it was a valid and effective tactic making good use of a strength of Liverpool players whilst bypassing a strength of Arsenal (midfield).

Definition from Wiki for clarity:

"In association football, a long ball is an attempt to move the ball a long distance down the field via one long aerial kick from either a goalkeeper or a defender directly to an attacking player, with the ball generally bypassing the midfield."

Master
    Ratcliffe deal announced. Finally some professionals at the helm. Onwards and upwards

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Ratcliffe deal announced. Finally some professionals at the helm. Onwards and upwards
    Panic buying just before Christmas .
    Should’ve waited until the January Sales

You're funny

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    I certainly hope so!

There needs to be a mountain full of work to sort the club out.

"Hopefully", this will be the start of a much better future!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    As I suspected - complete and utter nonsense definition. You've just made your own decision on what a word means. Even by that nonsense, that exactly what Trent did several times in the game. More to the point - it was a valid and effective tactic making good use of a strength of Liverpool players whilst bypassing a strength of Arsenal (midfield).

Definition from Wiki for clarity:

"In association football, a long ball is an attempt to move the ball a long distance down the field via one long aerial kick from either a goalkeeper or a defender directly to an attacking player, with the ball generally bypassing the midfield."

Why are you giving a definition from Wikipedia ? Trent isn’t playing as a defender when he’s hitting Salah on diagonals.

I find this thread painful, I really struggle with having to communicate with people who have literally no idea about football. Never played it at any level, don’t know anyone in football, have no idea of how the game is played.

Absolutely baffled that you can’t see the difference between a long ball and a diagonal to a wide forward.

Craftsman
    Why are you giving a definition from Wikipedia ? Trent isn’t playing as a defender when he’s hitting Salah on diagonals.

I find this thread painful, I really struggle with having to communicate with people who have literally no idea about football. Never played it at any level, don’t know anyone in football, have no idea of how the game is played.

Absolutely baffled that you can’t see the difference between a long ball and a diagonal to a wide forward.

You frequent this thread a lot for someone who claims to find it so painful.

I think many on here find your opinions and views absolutely baffling - compounded by your arrogance in regularly expressing how nobody else understands football properly but you.

I'll leave you to your own little world now, hope it makes you happy. Merry Christmas

Pasa lunga

I’m amazed nobody has mentioned the Boli sending off yesterday. Yes the first was a yellow but the two tackles he made in quick succession were brilliant. Both well timed and both under control. An utter disgrace of a decision to give him a second yellow. Terrible decisions used to be one a week but now it cells like there’s a howler in every game.

Totally sick of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I’m amazed nobody has mentioned the Boli sending off yesterday. Yes the first was a yellow but the two tackles he made in quick succession were brilliant. Both well timed and both under control. An utter disgrace of a decision to give him a second yellow. Terrible decisions used to be one a week but now it cells like there’s a howler in every game.

Totally sick of it.
    Yeah that was a shocker. VAR should be allowed to intervene for 2nd yellows I reckon

Of course it should, it’s pointless not being able to do that. It’s effectively saying refs only get straight reds wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Yeah that was a shocker. VAR should be allowed to intervene for 2nd yellows I reckon

Brilliant!!
    Only a Liverpool fan could come up with so much self centred shi-ite.
    Hoofball has been a staple of Bingo from Dortmund and beyond , but yeah , you keep telling us it’s a measured pass .

Clearly Ivan is being (and not for the first time) a bit of a wally about it....

Yes long ball specifically could be referring to Graham Taylor 80s/90s style of getting it in the box ASAP, knock downs etc and picking up the second ball

And yes, passes switching the play over distance a la Neves and Trent and Rodri etc is referred to as hitting "diags", by commentators at Ivan's elite level.

Pretty sure everyone on this thread knows this!

But short passes, longer passes, long balls etc only a right prat would get exercised by the words used to describe the tactics being used.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Of course it should, it’s pointless not being able to do that. It’s effectively saying refs only get straight reds wrong.
    Once one of the established clubs have it happen to them , it’ll be fixed before the weekend is over.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Once one of the established clubs have it happen to them , it’ll be fixed before the weekend is over.
    Already happened to Arsenal's Tomiyasu at Palace in the 2nd match this season.

We decided not to request a replay.

Totally sick of it.
    It's not been a good week for PGMOL and their goons. Villa should have had two nailed on penalties, the handball in the Liverpool game was as clear and obvious as you're ever going to get, and that Boli decision was disgraceful. I hate VAR because it's taken away the most important bit of football, that sheer joy and euphoria you get from scoring a goal. If they can't even get the decisions right with VAR, then why on earth are we giving that up in return?

Taxi for Eddie Howe!

Master
    Taxi for Eddie. Hopefully not to the Saudi embassy.

Grand Master
    Not often you feel great as a Forest fan but today......
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Taxi for Eddie. Hopefully not to the Saudi embassy.
    Yes indeed!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Big few weeks for the owners. Lost at Luton, lost here, have Villa, City, Liverpool and Sunderland in January. Do they react to the inevitable pressure that will come onto Howe? Does Howe have enough credit in the bank? We don’t know how ruthless they’ll be.

Eddie has done amazing things in a very short space of time and has exceeded all expectations. Add in the injuries and I think he’s safe for a while yet. We’ve been utter turd in the last couple of games but overall we’re still way ahead of schedule.

Interesting times.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I know they have injuries but how do you become this $hit in a month. They seem to have dropped off a cliff, can’t see the Saudi’s standing for this much longer

I like Howe, but you always get the feeling he’s one bad run away from the chop for a “big name” and this is his bad run.

Master
    Big few weeks for the owners. Lost at Luton, lost here, have Villa, City, Liverpool and Sunderland in January. Do they react to the inevitable pressure that will come onto Howe? Does Howe have enough credit in the bank? We don’t know how ruthless they’ll be.

Eddie has done amazing things in a very short space of time and has exceeded all expectations. Add in the injuries and I think he’s safe for a while yet. We’ve been utter turd in the last couple of games but overall we’re still way ahead of schedule.

Interesting times.
    I think he will get to the end of the season. You’ve got to have someone ( big name ) available to replace him.

That’s not always the answer though. Klopp didn’t win his first silverware at Liverpool until he’d been there four years and Arsenal don’t have an elite manager but are doing OK. I just think it’s ridiculous that his departure is even a conversation.

I think he will get to the end of the season. You’ve got to have someone ( big name ) available to replace him.

Master
    That’s not always the answer though. Klopp didn’t win his first silverware at Liverpool until he’d been there four years and Arsenal don’t have an elite manager but are doing OK. I just think it’s ridiculous that his departure is even a conversation.
    Different scenario though, Liverpool were struggling on an off for 20 years before Klopp.

Liverpool didn’t expect instant success and neither did the board when signing Klopp.

Newcastles new owners won’t want to wait 4/5 year for success they will want big steps almost immediately.

My personal opinion would let Howe stay for the next couple of seasons and incrementally improve the squad but we know that’s not gonna happen in modern football with the cash Newcastle have.

Master
    Different scenario though, Liverpool were struggling on an off for 20 years before Klopp.

Liverpool didn’t expect instant success and neither did the board when signing Klopp.

Newcastles new owners won’t want to wait 4/5 year for success they will want big steps almost immediately.

My personal opinion would let Howe stay for the next couple of seasons and incrementally improve the squad but we know that’s not gonna happen in modern football with the cash Newcastle have.

klopp also got to a few finals in that period and you could see progression, Newcastle are regressing .

Sources in Italy saying Roma have been approached by Newcastle for Mourinho

Lots of 'definitely not long balls' from Trent this afternoon at Burnley

Paper talk. Utter rubbish.

Regressing? Have a word. We’ve hit a poor run of form just like every team does. I don’t think bottom
    of the EPL with no wins in 18 games to where we are
    now in around two years is regression, I’d say it’s massive progression overall.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    klopp also got to a few finals in that period and you could see progression, Newcastle are regressing .

Master
    How can the commentators not see that? I called off side in real time

Another winger going past TAA like he’s not there.

Burnley are shocking. Such poor quality on the ball. If not for Trafford this could have been 6 or 7 tonight

Master
    Yes, Burnley are so poor, they couldn’t put two passes together.

Should have been about 5-0 in the first 15 mins. Game never really got going after the first goal went in.

Trent passing superb again.

Top of the league at the half way mark and not really playing to our potential at the minute.

Carnage at Old Trafford!

United with comedy defending.

Is this Amazon Prime or the Comedy Channel that's I'm watching?

Master
    Regressing? Have a word. We’ve hit a poor run of form just like every team does. I don’t think bottom
    of the EPL with no wins in 18 games to where we are
    now in around two years is regression, I’d say it’s massive progression overall.
    it’s regression from last season and the start of this, Newcastle will need a lot of luck to finish top 4, regression.

i know you have a soft spot for the chuckle brothers but they aren’t going to be up to it.

Master
    Doubt it would happen but would be great to see

Master
    Another winger going past TAA like he’s not there.
    yes he is so poor we have the best defence in the league and we are top

shambolic

i can only hope for lots more of the same.

how is the best rb in the league getting on ? Presume he had a
    worldy against forest .

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Doubt it would happen but would be great to see

Carnage at Old Trafford!

United with comedy defending.
    United really are woeful. Not sure how
    long Ten Hag can have left, especially with Ratcliffe about to take control of football matters..

Master
    Why?
    Jose + PL = entertainment

Agreed. I think the only reason he hasn’t been sacked before now is because Ratcliffe was coming in and will have his own man lined up.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    United really are woeful. Not sure how
    long Ten Hag can have left, especially with Ratcliffe about to take control of football matters..
    - - - Updated - - -

Yeah I suppose so.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Jose + PL = entertainment

I doubt ten hag will see new year.

Playing against a good villa team, having played rubbish all season, and with another back four, he sticks with playing 1 player in midfield.

Shocking, but at least he's staying true to his principles, right to the bitter end

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Villa smart in scoring goals that even Atwell can't disallow

Rangnick must be free....

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Villa have been shocking second half.

Not sure why Ratcliffe is held as such a saviour.

His other sporting endeavours aren't exactly flying are they?