closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 49 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,450 of 5462

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Master
    Blog Entries
    Its been hard to respect VAR at all since Mike Deans admission the other month let alone this

Master
    Blog Entries
    Oh that audio is brilliant. It's like a couple of old folk trying to work a laptop.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Oh that audio is brilliant. It's like a couple of old folk trying to work a laptop.
    Just listened to it, what a joke, how confused do they sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They sound very rushed and under pressure. Not sure why they don't stop and ensure they have a consensus before carrying on

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Listening to the VAR audio I’m surprised they get any correct.

Master
    ‘ offside, goal, yeah ‘

Master
    from listening to the audio it sounds like it needs a total overhaul and probably needs to be led by the on field ref like rugby, it was a shambles.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    from listening to the audio it sounds like it needs a total overhaul and probably needs to be led by the on field ref like rugby, it was a shambles.
    Pathetic. You’d like to hear something like “Can you confirm the player (insert number here) is offside or onside, when the ball was played?” It shouldn’t be that difficult

He’s only gone and asked for the game to be replayed .
    Living on a different planet

Grand Master
    A case of piss-poor communication between the VAR guys and the ref, even though I`m a strong advocate of VAR this was embarrassing. Hopefully they'll learn from it, the conversation reminded me of the Chuckle Brothers.

As for football fans moaning and feeling deeply aggrieved, that's what they're good at. It's a mistake, it's a game of football, get over it!

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    What an absolute embarrassment that is.

They can replay it after they have replayed the 2019 Champions League Final!

Probably mentioned up-thread, but without VAR the goal would not have stood as the on-field linesman flagged for offside. So it was similar to a million historic poor decisions since the laws of the game were written that weren't overturned.

Klopp's statement is embarrassing

Master
    Or replay it after we've been allowed to play in the Cup Winners Cup we were deprived off because of Heysel...the guy is deluded

Master
    No way a replay would ever be allowed so its such a stupid comment. I cant believe they appealled the red card either, that was never going to be overturned.

The offside was a joke but I dont think they are making themselves look good with all the moaning now. Just trying to add pressure to get more go their way in the future i think.

Always

Always

Always

The victims.

I think they should replay the 1985 European Cup final so that Liverpool hooligans don't end up murdering 39 Juventus fans.

Oh wait, according to Liverpool fans that was the fault of the crumbling stadium and poor crowd control right?

Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    Pathetic. You’d like to hear something like “Can you confirm the player (insert number here) is offside or onside, when the ball was played?” It shouldn’t be that difficult

100%
    The problem is that PGMOL and the referees are so far up their own holes and believe they have protected celebrity status that they think they are answerable to nobody.
    Klopp has been daft in his statement but I’m hopeful that his arguments will be taken on board and PGMOL are given a rocket for this latest calamity.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Always

Always

Always

The victims.
    Again Ryan why do you constantly repeat this stuff ?

You know it’s in relation to 97 people losing their lives.

You’re a grown man, I can’t get my head around why you act like a school kid.

Master
    I think they should replay the 1985 European Cup final so that Liverpool hooligans don't end up murdering 39 Juventus fans.

Oh wait, according to Liverpool fans that was the fault of the crumbling stadium and poor crowd control right?
    Again Ryan what are you doing ?

Again you can look into the actual investigation.

You just constantly make daft sweeping statements.

It’s like you have some form of special needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Again Ryan why do you constantly repeat this stuff ?

You know it’s in relation to 97 people losing their lives.

You’re a grown man, I can’t get my head around why you act like a school kid.
    No,
    Sorry Ivan . I’ve had this with you and Middo before .
    Always the victims was sang by United fans after the Suarez/Evra incident and bears absolutely no reference at all to Hillsbrough . The fact that it has been adopted by your fans, your club and any other shyster trying to grab attention is the shameful thing .
    There’s not a football fan I know who would sing about crap like that .

Master
    It seems constantly that the tail is wagging the dog. Video Assistant Referee - key word Assistant. So why is the Assistant dictating what happens?

The on field Referee basically needs to put his big boy pants back on and retake control. He needs to lead the conversation rather than be led. If that entails saying “shut the f**k up and speak one at a time!” so be it.

The PGMOL needs to go get Pierluigi Collina to come and train them properly. Webb certainly isn’t up to the task. Alternatively employ some video referees from Rugby - they cannot screw it up any more than the current crop of muppets

...<snip>Alternatively employ some video referees from Rugby...<snip>
    Rugby Union has used Television Match Officials since 2001. Every season since, there's been some degree of tinkering with the process. Why? Because it's never really worked as the governing body hoped or intended. There are still incorrect outcomes, even after reviews, even after 22 years of operation. No doubt there will be more changes to the protocols for next season.

RWC 2023 is currently underway. World Rugby has introduced the 'Bunker' system (another level of review) to the competition. What's the biggest controversy? How the 'Bunker' is still getting things wrong, of course.

What are perceived as 'mistakes' or 'incompetence' will never disappear. Humans are involved, after all. I think we'll need to wait until it's not VAR but VAIR (Video Artificial Intelligence Referee).
    ______

​Jim.

It seems constantly that the tail is wagging the dog. Video Assistant Referee - key word Assistant. So why is the Assistant dictating what happens?

The on field Referee basically needs to put his big boy pants back on and retake control. He needs to lead the conversation rather than be led. If that entails saying “shut the f**k up and speak one at a time!” so be it.

The PGMOL needs to go get Pierluigi Collina to come and train them properly. Webb certainly isn’t up to the task. Alternatively employ some video referees from Rugby - they cannot screw it up any more than the current crop of muppets

I’m pretty sure that the originally stated purpose of VAR was to ADVISE. Decision making power would therefore always have been vested in the referee, not that you’d know it!

Master
    No,
    Sorry Ivan . I’ve had this with you and Middo before .
    Always the victims was sang by United fans after the Suarez/Evra incident and bears absolutely no reference at all to Hillsbrough . The fact that it has been adopted by your fans, your club and any other shyster trying to grab attention is the shameful thing .
    There’s not a football fan I know who would sing about crap like that .
    No thengoat, as I’ve told you before it’s from an article written by Boris Johnson after the murder of Ken Bigley were he claimed Liverpool people are ‘ always the victims’ and use the hillsborough disaster and Ken bigley death to whallow in self pity. .

No thengoat, as I’ve told you before it’s from an article written by Boris Johnson after the murder of Ken Bigley were he claimed Liverpool people are ‘ always the victims’ and use the hillsborough disaster and Ken bigley death to whallow in self pity. .
    In that case , take it up with Boris , The Tories and whatever rag that crap was published in .
    Don’t try and hold the whole football world to ransom over one word .

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I’m pretty sure that the originally stated purpose of VAR was to ADVISE. Decision making power would therefore always have been vested in the referee, not that you’d know it!
    It was slightly more complicated than that.

Orginally, there were decisions that the VAR could examine objectively (for example, offside) & tell the on-field referee that the player was off or on. Then there were subjective decisions - red cards, penalties etc.. Hence, pitchside monitors for the on-field referee to look & decide what had occurred.

Initially, PGMOL officials didn't use the pitchside monitors, trusting in the VAR officials to decide for them. That was against the principle of VAR & the managers/supervisors at PGMOL were very slow to ensure that onfield referees actually carried out their duties as directed. I suspect that PGMOL wrongly approached this in a 'softly-softly' manner to avoid discontent amongst the referees & has led us, in part, to where we are.
    Last edited by jwg663; 4th October 2023 at 19:52.
    ______

​Jim.

Master
    In that case , take it up with Boris , The Tories and whatever rag that crap was published in .
    Don’t try and hold the whole football world to ransom over one word .
    It’s not one word is it you dafty.

It’s the slogan of the article ‘ always the victims ‘ that’s used that relates the the 97 deaths and a poor chap that was beheaded.

I’m not holding anyone to ransom, I’m asking why a 40+ year old man constantly says it on a forum like a school kid.

It’s bizarre behaviour.

Blog Entries
    That has to be one of the best put downs since Blackadder !

z

It’s the slogan of the article ‘ always the victims ‘ that’s used that relates the the 97 deaths and a poor chap that was beheaded.

I’m not holding anyone to ransom, I’m asking why a 40+ year old man constantly says it on a forum like a school kid.

It’s bizarre behaviour.
    He does it just to get a reaction, that's all.

Last edited by xxnick1975; 4th October 2023 at 21:52.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Replay request is just silly. Problem highlighted, get some changes in to rules for next season and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    He does it just to get a reaction, that's all.

Really ?
    Pray tell what kind of reaction I’m hoping for ?
    If I wanted to wind up a Liverpool fan base , there’s far better ammunition than a word that shall not be spoken .

Really ?
    Pray tell what kind of reaction I’m hoping for ?
    If I wanted to wind up a Liverpool fan base , there’s far better ammunition than a word that shall not be spoken .
    Ivan was talking about Ryan, as was I.

(We are all well aware of your skill at winding up Liverpool supporters!)

Last edited by xxnick1975; 5th October 2023 at 07:46.

Ivan was talking about Ryan, as was I.

(We are all well aware of your skill at winding up Liverpool supporters!)

Ahh my bad, sorry.

Anyway, Bernardo is back for Sunday, Stones is also available. Only Rodri and KdB, the poor man’s Odegaard , should be unavailable for Sunday .
    Saka and Martinelli both look like they don’t fancy it either.
    Got 1-0 Arsenal all over it

Master
    Well done Magpies and Eddie Howe on some great recent results

Master
    They can replay it after they have replayed the 2019 Champions League Final!

id be happy enough, we would win both games anyway ;)

im not sure why you are conflating a handball (that was a handball basis the rules at the time) that was correctly given albeit a little harshly versus a monumental VAR balls up where they got the decision right and the communication wrong.

Anyway i can only assume klopp is trying to put some pressure on refereees VAR for future games as he knows as well as anyone there wont be a replay.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    Anyway i can only assume klopp is trying to put some pressure on refereees VAR for future games as he knows as well as anyone there wont be a replay.
    Think that’s right. Refs and VAR will consciously or subconsciously be leaning towards Liverpool if a decision is tight.

Master
    Klopps not daft, he knows the game won’t get replayed but yes agreed his just throwing pressure on the refs / var etc.

He will also use it to apply pressure when they want 12pm kick off games moved later etc.

I don’t think you’ll find any Liverpool fan wanting the game replayed either. ( Actual Liverpool fans not these Twitter morons from Outer Mongolia ).

Always

Always

Always

The victims.
    Ryan…. I’m a city season ticket holder of over 54 years living in Merseyside for the past 20, and even I find some of what you are putting on here about LFC offensive. Stop it fella….I have banter on an almost daily basis but some of this is OTT and crosses a line….

Bloody hell, talk about making life difficult for ourselves. This has become a real test of character.

Master
    Might soon be time for the Big Ange doubters to be coming on eating humble pie.
    There will be a downturn for sure but building something good there.

Klopps not daft, he knows the game won’t get replayed but yes agreed his just throwing pressure on the refs / var etc.

He will also use it to apply pressure when they want 12pm kick off games moved later etc.

I don’t think you’ll find any Liverpool fan wanting the game replayed either. ( Actual Liverpool fans not these Twitter morons from Outer Mongolia ).
    It’s still early in the season though.
    Image a scenario where Liverpool and Spurs are tied for the title and a single goal difference separate them. Every Liverpool fan in the land would be calling for a replay.

I think Spurs still have the advantage of people not taking them seriously early on, just like Arsenal last year. People expecting them to dip at some stage because they are Spurs but they are digging results out. Today they should have been 4-0 up after 30 minutes, then Bissouma has a brain meltdown but they still dug in and hung on. And every time they do that it builds more belief, and is one more game notched off. Good for them I say, Ange has done an incredible job.

Master
    United behind at home yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    It’s still early in the season though.
    Image a scenario where Liverpool and Spurs are tied for the title and a single goal difference separate them. Every Liverpool fan in the land would be calling for a replay.
    We either accept that all major errors result in a replay or none do. To suggest only Liverpool benefit is nothing more than nonsense.

I think Spurs still have the advantage of people not taking them seriously early on, just like Arsenal last year. People expecting them to dip at some stage because they are Spurs but they are digging results out. Today they should have been 4-0 up after 30 minutes, then Bissouma has a brain meltdown but they still dug in and hung on. And every time they do that it builds more belief, and is one more game notched off. Good for them I say, Ange has done an incredible job.
    It’s heartening for sure, but I suspect we’ll need reinforcements in January to maintain any kind of challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    United behind at home yet again.
    Phew !!
    That was a close one . Ten Hag needs backing and Onana will definitely come good .
    Honestly ;)

That's madness. Was listening to United-Brentford on Talksport 2 as I picked my son up from his activity group. Entered the underground car park, parked the car, Brentford were 1-0 up. Took the stairs and lift up to the apartment, 1 minutes walk through the corridor to the flat, turned the TV on, United had won 2-1!!!

Master
    That's madness. Was listening to United-Brentford on Talksport 2 as I picked my son up from his activity group. Entered the underground car park, parked the car, Brentford were 1-0 up. Took the stairs and lift up to the apartment, 1 minutes walk through the corridor to the flat, turned the TV on, United had won 2-1!!!
    Never in doubt.

Master
    Phew !!
    That was a close one . Ten Hag needs backing and Onana will definitely come good .
    Honestly ;)
    I stopped watching it and only just saw the result. Yes I agree they needed a win somewhere to restore the belief.