closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 89 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,450 of 5464

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Agreed on Klopp and JT. Levels of annoyance are obviously personal but for me Arteta is marginally ahead of Klopp as the most annoying. He’s such a child. I just can’t watch him or listen to him. Why is he always outside his technical area? Why doesn’t he get told to stop it? Everyone else (except Klopp) manages to stay inside the lines. His over the top gesticulating and goal celebrating are toe curling.

Can’t stand the bloke.
    Just out of interest, what bothers you so deeply about the technical area? Its such a bizarre thing for people to focus on, De Zerbi (for example) is often in a similar position, I assume he also bothers you deeply?

Hes also a master of the subtle celebration with bothers you (again, ever such an odd thing to get worked up over).

Footballs meant to be enjoyable. Standing from a distance and tutting at celebrations etc is the behaviour of a footballing Victor Meldrew. Standing behind a twitching curtain getting riled up about things that dont affect you.

And lets not forget, the lovely gentleman that started all this nonsense, the man whos lead youre followingRichard Keys.

Just enjoy the game. Its meant to be fun. Klopp didnt seem bothered by the celebrations, whereas Im sure Mourinho would have been livid. I know whose behaviour Id rather be aligned with.

https://youtube.com/shorts/kDbixvg0p...QTHP2J0Roq9Ui8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    We dont need to wait remember?
    You and your ilk have already decided that City are guilty , no ?
    the dogs on the street know they are guilty ffs,

are you seriously suggesting that you believe citys commercial revenue is all built on legitimate 3rd party sponsorship, that mancinis second consultancy contract was legit etc etc?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    the dogs on the street know they are guilty ffs,

are you seriously suggesting that you believe citys commercial revenue is all built on legitimate 3rd party sponsorship, that mancinis second consultancy contract was legit etc etc?
    Hang on a minute, are you trying to say a club cant just organically generate the worlds best commercial deals and become the best money making club in the world within 14 years whilst spending 2.6 billion on transfers ?

Wheres your proof ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Hang on a minute, are you trying to say a club cant just organically generate the worlds best commercial deals and become the best money making club in the world within 14 years whilst spending 2.6 billion on transfers ?

Wheres your proof ?

silly me, when you put it like that it sounds entirely legitimate.

Master
    Meanwhile, Sir Jim Ratcliffe (Monaco resident) is suggesting UK taxpayers chip in to redevelop Old Trafford! Some brass neck!

Master
    I hope Radcliffe sorts United out and gets them back in the mix again.

They are only 2/3 players short of being back in contention. Get the next two windows right and they will be a force again.

Be great with a proper top 4 all having a go at the league again.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Meanwhile, Sir Jim Ratcliffe (Monaco resident) is suggesting UK taxpayers chip in to redevelop Old Trafford! Some brass neck!
    Ahhh yes .
    Scruffy Jim, the tax exile wants tax payers money to fund a club with accounts in the Cayman Islands .
    Having already benefited twice from government money to rebuild The Swamp , itll be interesting to see how his begging bowl proposal proceeds. I expect Mayor Burnham will be all over this if it gets him in the news .

Master

Wheres your proof ?

Honestly, jumping to conclusions!!!

The only football team in the world that happened to grow their commercial deals during the covid period, with 3 sponsorship deals with company's who's head offices are based in Abu Dhabi

Yep nothing to see here

As for walker, a proper captain, someone for the youth players to look up to.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chewitt13; 9th February 2024 at 14:08.

Ahhh yes .
    Scruffy Jim, the tax exile wants tax payers money to fund a club with accounts in the Cayman Islands .
    Having already benefited twice from government money to rebuild The Swamp , itll be interesting to see how his begging bowl proposal proceeds. I expect Mayor Burnham will be all over this if it gets him in the news .
    Remind me who built and owns the Etihad stadium ???

Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    Honestly, jumping to conclusions!!!

The only football team in the world that happened to grow their commercial deals during the covid period, with 3 sponsorship deals with company's who's head offices are based in Abu Dhabi

Yep nothing to see here

As for walker, a proper captain, someone for the youth players to look up to.

I do get a warm fuzzy feeling when fans of the 2 cheeks of the same arse teams are singing from the same hymn sheet .
    Lovely .

I cant comment too much on Walkers behaviour but perhaps hed be better thought of in the youth set up if hed had an affair with his brothers wife ? Or visited elderly prostitutes ? Or maybe if hed just beat his partners up eh ?
    Moral custodians indeed .

Remind me who built and owns the Etihad stadium ???

I do , bizarrely.
    Built for the Commonwealth Games in Manchester, the club agreed to leave Maine Rd and move into the new ground after further developments and expense to turn it into a venue fit for football matches. Theres a long term agreement with Manchester City Council to lease the stadium at very favourable terms for said Council and , indeed, for the benefit of the community .
    Despite investing billions in the surrounding areas, the training facilities, the expansion of the ground, the funding for the new music arena on site and other infrastructure projects in one of the poorest areas of Manchester,the owners of the club have never sought to distance themselves from their obligation to the council and Manchester in general .

So , in short, the club have never taken a penny from the government, the taxpayer or the people of the area for the stadium, yet up pops a tax exile boyhood Chels.erm Man Utd fan and the swamp dwellers go cap in hand for tax payers money to reinvigorate the dilapidated monstrosity , and all is well with the world ? Im sure the local schools operating out of Porto cabins will be thrilled .

Lets face it , our owners could buy the Etihad if they wanted to .
    The Council House has a lovely ring to it .

I do , bizarrely.
    Built for the Commonwealth Games in Manchester, the club agreed to leave Maine Rd and move into the new ground after further developments and expense to turn it into a venue fit for football matches. Theres a long term agreement with Manchester City Council to lease the stadium at very favourable terms for said Council and , indeed, for the benefit of the community .
    Despite investing billions in the surrounding areas, the training facilities, the expansion of the ground, the funding for the new music arena on site and other infrastructure projects in one of the poorest areas of Manchester,the owners of the club have never sought to distance themselves from their obligation to the council and Manchester in general .

So , in short, the club have never taken a penny from the government, the taxpayer or the people of the area for the stadium, yet up pops a tax exile boyhood Chels.erm Man Utd fan and the swamp dwellers go cap in hand for tax payers money to reinvigorate the dilapidated monstrosity , and all is well with the world ? Im sure the local schools operating out of Porto cabins will be thrilled .

Lets face it , our owners could buy the Etihad if they wanted to .
    The Council House has a lovely ring to it .
    Very favourable terms? The original agreement was the council took 50% of tickets prices over 35k per match, they quickly realized that's not a great earner and negotiated a flat 3m per season. As soon as that was agreed city raised the seating to 55k

You don't think tax payers money was used to build your stadium?

PS I agree that united shouldn't get handouts from the government for the stadium

Very favourable terms? The original agreement was the council took 50% of tickets prices over 35k per match, they quickly realized that's not a great earner and negotiated a flat 3m per season. As soon as that was agreed city raised the seating to 55k

You don't think tax payers money was used to build your stadium?

PS I agree that united shouldn't get handouts from the government for the stadium

Oh no , I do realise all that but the council have got more than their money back for it , or will in due course .
    Compare that to the stadium built in Sheffield that was little more than a white elephant .
    City’s ground is a plus for the area and the city as a whole . I believe it’s a win win for everyone .
    The 3 million a season is linked to various successes too it seems . Season before last, the club paid 5.5 million . This season is likely to be more after only scraping five trophies in twelve months .
    Last edited by thegoat; 9th February 2024 at 17:08.

Ahhh yes. I remember those two .
    The first was at Brighton where we failed to answer an early goal by Glenn Murray and we lost the league by a single point .
    The second was when Aston Villa turned up on the last match of the season and spoilt the title party for the Citizens again, gifting the trophy to our beloved friends at the bottom end of the M62. This lifted Liverpools Premier League trophy haul clear of their rivals Blackburn Rovers and Leicester City .

Meanwhile, back in the real world .

Master
    Ahhh yes. I remember those two .
    The first was at Brighton where we failed to answer an early goal by Glenn Murray and we lost the league by a single point .
    The second was when Aston Villa turned up on the last match of the season and spoilt the title party for the Citizens again, gifting the trophy to our beloved friends at the bottom end of the M62. This lifted Liverpools Premier League trophy haul clear of their rivals Blackburn Rovers and Leicester City .

Meanwhile, back in the real world .
    awh did football only start with the Premier League? that would suit you i guess.

awh did football only start with the Premier League? that would suit you i guess.
    Of course it did , doh !
    We definitely didnt win a European trophy before you , nor the F A Cup and we definitely didnt have the same amount of trophies as Liverpool until a few years after you were financially doped .
    Think of it this way . In a sliding doors moment , if City had been more successful in the late 79s, early 80s your glory hunting mightve taken a different route .
    An Emptihad full of Scandi Irish accents is something I can only dream of .

Master
    Of course it did , doh !
    We definitely didnt win a European trophy before you , nor the F A Cup and we definitely didnt have the same amount of trophies as Liverpool until a few years after you were financially doped .
    Think of it this way . In a sliding doors moment , if City had been more successful in the late 79s, early 80s your glory hunting mightve taken a different route .
    An Emptihad full of Scandi Irish accents is something I can only dream of .
    cool story bro, im a bit younger than you so city would need to have been successful (as would liverpool) in the late 80s early 90s

The difference between the financial doping is that one wasnt contrary to the rules and one is, but you aready knew that.

Master
    The difference between the financial doping is that one wasnt contrary to the rules and one is, but you aready knew that.
    Think that’s what annoys supporters of “smaller” clubs. Financial doping done before there were rules against financial doping is seen as some kind of valid defence or moral high ground!

Master
    Think that’s what annoys supporters of “smaller” clubs. Financial doping done before there were rules against financial doping is seen as some kind of valid defence or moral high ground!
    City arent that small. Small / medium probably.

Master
    Just meant generally. Not helped by so many ardent supporters having no knowledge of their clubs history pre-Premier League.

Master
    Just meant generally. Not helped by so many ardent supporters having no knowledge of their clubs history pre-Premier League.
    what point are you trying to make ? Or who is that aimed at?

Master
    what point are you trying to make ? Or who is that aimed at?
    Its an observation about certain supporters of clubs which were historically advantaged by large amounts of funding from benefactors, prior to there being any rules on that, who then object when other clubs do the same or similar in current times. I dont think that a controversial perspective.

Personally, Id be happy to go back to the days when the money from MOTD was shared equally between the 92 league clubs and gate receipts were split 50/50 between the sides playing.

And long may that continue .
    We are definitely punching though eh ?

Barely worth visiting this thread anymore. You guys knock yourselves out though.

Flipping heck !!

Master

Flipping heck !!

impressive

and also bait to bring LTF back to the fold 😁

impressive

and also bait to bring LTF back to the fold 
    Yep, you got me.

Destined to be one of the best ever, IMO - still so young.

Dominic Calvert Lewin is an appalling footballer. Thieving a living from football.

Flipping heck !!

Impressive.

Gabriel Martinelli has been clocked at 35.8 km/h running WITH THE BALL!!!

He is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Dominic Calvert Lewin is an appalling footballer. Thieving a living from football.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    He is terrible.
    He's supposed to intimidate opposing defenders and scare them with his physicality. Also, here's a magazine cover picture of him.

Craftsman
    He's supposed to intimidate opposing defenders and scare them with his physicality. Also, here's a magazine cover picture of him.
    Ryan this is a bit immature and outdated - I know you're poking fun but come on.

Why can't he appear on magazine covers and intimidate defenders with his physicality? Many other players have been fantastic athletes and graced the covers of fashion magazines, the two are mutually exclusive.

I feel sorry for DCL, he's been ravaged by injuries and mental health challenges and football is an unforgiving environment. There is no doubt he has great talent, but he looks past perhaps what he was a few years ago and may be unable to get back to that level and beyond. There was a time when he looked destined to play for a team competing for trophies.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Master
    Are Manchester City poor or Everton playing well?

Are Manchester City poor or Everton playing well?
    A bit of both. City look like they've got an eye on the Copenhagen match in midweek.

Blog Entries
    Seems Everton defenders would rather fall over than play football

z

Sod off Everton. They had this match given to them on a plate by City's performance but their lack of quality in the final 3rd is shocking.

Dear The 115
    Sign Branthwaite . Please .

Master
    Ironic that the first goal was on the break. Obviously demonstrates the importance of De Bruyne.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Ryan this is a bit immature and outdated - I know you're poking fun but come on.

Why can't he appear on magazine covers and intimidate defenders with his physicality? Many other players have been fantastic athletes and graced the covers of fashion magazines, the two are mutually exclusive.

I feel sorry for DCL, he's been ravaged by injuries and mental health challenges and football is an unforgiving environment. There is no doubt he has great talent, but he looks past perhaps what he was a few years ago and may be unable to get back to that level and beyond. There was a time when he looked destined to play for a team competing for trophies.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    im struggling to think of others wearing a skirt on the front of these magazines

Well Burnley are holding on and Sheffield United are not letting Luton get away so easily.

Craftsman
    Another late goal in a Spurs game, never a dull moment supporting Spurs.

Master
    Leverkusen just beat Bayern 3-0.

First time in Bayerns history then have had only one shot on target.

Leverkusen just beat Bayern 3-0.

First time in Bayerns history then have had only one shot on target.

Trophy-dodger Kane does it again.

Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post
    Another late goal in a Spurs game, never a dull moment supporting Spurs.
    We didnt play well at all. Very flat and some of our passing was shocking at times. Brighton well organised and passed it about a lot better than us. Didnt like their tactical fouling or their keeper time wasting from the 27th min. Refs need to clamp down on that.

LOLZ. How ironic would it be

Looks like hes wearing one of your bags.

Blog Entries

I have heard there are mumblings in Germany that despite his impressive goal tally he is also bad luck on the trophy front.Watched the game last night and BM deserved what they got nothing.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    Hell of an atmosphere at the Etihad.

https://x.com/thekopwatch/status/175...875711923?s=46