closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 96 of 110 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,800 of 5462

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Yep.
    Although City could have been a couple more up inside first 25 Unlucky with hitting the post at last knockings. Var bottled potential anarchy maybe dishing out an injury time pen, Diaz should have scored. On balance share of points probably fair.
    All to play for for top 3. Spurs likely to have a with Liverpool and the Arse to play. Arse need something from City game.
    Potential hiccups for Pool could be Man U and Everton
    Liverpool the only team who can theoretically guarantee 30 points. Impossible that Arse and City can both get the max having to face off.

This is why we dont have great atmospheres at EPL grounds any more. This isnt a dig at Liverpool, its just a good photo to demonstrate the point. Ryan said recently that theres loads more tourists at The Emirates these days on weekend break tickets and the club loves that as theyre top money and they spend a fortune in the club shop. Its been the case at Old Trafford for years.

Day trippers eh 🙈

[IMG]img free[/IMG]

This is why we dont have great atmospheres at EPL grounds any more. This isnt a dig at Liverpool, its just a good photo to demonstrate the point. Ryan said recently that theres loads more tourists at The Emirates these days on weekend break tickets and the club loves that as theyre top money and they spend a fortune in the club shop. Its been the case at Old Trafford for years.

Day trippers eh 

[IMG]img free[/IMG]
    The clubs don't give a monkeys chuff who sits in their seats as long as it's payed for, really.
    That's business.

Master

Day trippers eh 🙈

[IMG]img free[/IMG]
    Thats the Chan family, theyre from Liverpool, they own the Chinese supermarket and are season ticket holders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Thats the Chan family, theyre from Liverpool, they own the Chinese supermarket and are season ticket holders.

Agreed. How many local Liverpool fans would have loved those seats yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    The clubs don't give a monkeys chuff who sits in their seats as long as it's payed for, really.
    That's business.

Master
    Absoloutely nothing new here - although probably new to some of the teams who are now competing at the top - Im a Utd fan and as you allude too its been the case for years - the clubs dont want your average fan who goes to every game goes to the pub, gets to the ground 5 minutes before ko and then goes straight after - the money comes from the day trippers who are happy to pay over the odds for a ticket, will go into the club shop before the game and buy a load of merchandise, get in the ground an hour before KO buy a programme a pie and a pint etc and then promote the experience all over social media - its not new its just the reality of the draw of the premier league

By the way cracking game yesterday two top teams going at it - Anfield is still a fortress and how I long for as manager like Klopp who can get the best out of his players loads to admire about both sides and a great advert for the game

Day trippers eh 

[IMG]img free[/IMG]

Shyte. Terrible lack of quality in the squad.

Blog Entries
    Shyte. Terrible lack of quality in the squad.

CFC supporter here and i thought both teams deserve to be where they are mid table i do wonder if Eddies days are coming to an end and a new manager next season?
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Congrats on the win. The difference between us is that your squad depth is unreal. We need to be recruiting at the level of Bruno, Gordon and Isak or better. The following arent good enough and need to go sharpish:

Karius
    Gillespie
    Burn
    Krafth
    Dummett
    Targett
    Almiron
    Anderson
    Longstaff
    Ritchie
    Barnes
    Wilson

The big question for the club is, if we get the expected big transfer kitty, are we giving it to Eddie? Id be asking him now to share his thoughts on who hed like in and if its the expected raid in Bournemouth then he needs to be surfing Rightmove.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    CFC supporter here and i thought both teams deserve to be where they are mid table i do wonder if Eddies days are coming to an end and a new manager next season?

Congrats on the win. The difference between us is that your squad depth is unreal. We need to be recruiting at the level of Bruno, Gordon and Isak or better. The following arent good enough and need to go sharpish:

Karius
    Gillespie
    Burn
    Krafth
    Dummett
    Targett
    Almiron
    Anderson
    Longstaff
    Ritchie
    Barnes
    Wilson

The big question for the club is, if we get the expected big transfer kitty, are we giving it to Eddie? Id be asking him now to share his thoughts on who hed like in and if its the expected raid in Bournemouth then he needs to be surfing Rightmove.
    Lots of noise tonight that Mourinho was in Saudi for the Joshua fight and F1 but also to meet with the Newcastle leadership group.

Optas supercomputer predicted outcome

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deanlad View Post
    Although City could have been a couple more up inside first 25 Unlucky with hitting the post at last knockings. Var bottled potential anarchy maybe dishing out an injury time pen, Diaz should have scored. On balance share of points probably fair.
    All to play for for top 3. Spurs likely to have a with Liverpool and the Arse to play. Arse need something from City game.
    Potential hiccups for Pool could be Man U and Everton
    Liverpool the only team who can theoretically guarantee 30 points. Impossible that Arse and City can both get the max having to face off.
    Everton last day could be very interesting, relegation or champions

Karius
    Gillespie
    Burn
    Krafth
    Dummett
    Targett
    Almiron
    Anderson
    Longstaff
    Ritchie
    Barnes
    Wilson

I'd take Barnes off your hands, cracking player when fit. Maybe a swap for Tielemans, who has been shite!

Barnes is bang average and never fit. Some of the positional errors he makes are amateur. Clubs with money and aspirations like both of ours shouldn't be anywhere near the likes of Barnes. My own very conservative valuations of the players in my list still comes to around 94m and that's giving a couple away for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    I'd take Barnes off your hands, cracking player when fit. Maybe a swap for Tielemans, who has been shite!

Luton have been brilliant and are demolishing Bournemouth.

Maybe not!

That comment was bang average.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

That aged well 🤣

4-3 Bournemouth!

I see Liverpool are taking it easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saturday night, 2-0 down, two flukey goals away from home, soaking wet and still louder than them.
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 16th March 2024 at 20:14.

Saturday night, 2-0 down, two flukey goals away from home, soaking wet and still louder than them.
    Do they give trophies out for that

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Well we got sent to Coventry today. :(

Surely Eddie is toast now. Newcastle were garbage tonight.

I cant believe people are thinking that. Hes as safe as houses. Tell me who is going to do a better job with the squad we have. Some of our players are League One standard. Relatively speaking weve not spent much in the last 18 years, we had zero in the bank when the owners came in so everything weve spent so far is front loaded against PSR and FFP. What was he supposed to achieve?

Weve lost to two deflected shots. Longstaff has needed surgery for months and Botman has a partially ruptured ACL. Because of PSR and FFP we wont have much to spend this summer either.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Surely Eddie is toast now. Newcastle were garbage tonight.

Just got back from the match. Strange comments there fella. You were battered and we were treating it like a training match from 60 mins onwards. Sometimes its best to keep your powder dry until you have actually achieved something maybe the loudest topless singing in the rain trophy.

Deleted. CBA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon7 View Post
    Just got back from the match. Strange comments there fella. You were battered and we were treating it like a training match from 60 mins onwards. Sometimes it’s best to keep your powder dry until you have actually achieved something… maybe the loudest topless singing in the rain trophy….
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 16th March 2024 at 21:43.

Deleted. CBA.
    No doubt it was more trollop... ?

No it was about a decade of cheating and cooking the books and feeling sorry for Liverpool and Klopp who would have won so much more had the playing field been level.

Just once I’d love a City fan to say “yep, we’ve gotten away with it”. I don’t blame the fans or the players, they’ve lived the dream. But come on, it’s the most blatant cheating and everyone knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    No doubt it was more trollop... ?
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 17th March 2024 at 00:01.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Exceptional, totally dominant performance. Now we need to build on it.
    "A man of little significance"

Yeah. Ive had more than half a century of managing this kind of disappointment.

Pah, Aston Villa do disappointment much better than your rabble!
    "A man of little significance"

No it was about a decade of cheating and cooking the books and feeling sorry for Liverpool and Klopp who would have won so much more had the playing field been level.

Just once I’d love a City fan to say “yep, we’ve gotten away with it”. I don’t blame the fans or the players, they’ve lived the dream. But come on, it’s the most blatant cheating and everyone knows it.
    I feel sorry for ole,given your statement about Liverpool, had city not won the league, united would have 2 more championships, Liverpool 3,arsenal 2, hardly poor Liverpool, anyway I thought you hated Liverpool and loved city?

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    I feel sorry for ole,given your statement about Liverpool, had city not won the league, united would have 2 more championships, Liverpool 3,arsenal 2, hardly poor Liverpool, anyway I thought you hated Liverpool and loved city?

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    No live for Jose there?

Someone needs a hug .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Pah, Aston Villa do disappointment much better than your rabble!
    You should both try supporting Watford for a season

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hhhh View Post
    You should both try supporting Watford for a season
    hold my drink for a minute............ try QPR!

love the prem moaning about who cheated most. When you make it to the prem twice and give the cheque book to Mark Hughes and his agent mate and then the dodgepot that is everyone's best mate Harry Redknapp........ absolutely shit the bed, get the only significant FFP fine of 40m and then, despite being owned by billionaires can only sign loanees after releasing another player from the salary commitments as you're financially screwed......

it's sets you up nicely for all of life's other challenges

Where did this Man Utd come from?

West Ham - 3 goals struck off by VAR.

If it is to quantify a clear and obvious breach of the rules why does it take so long?

Can't be that obvious can it?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Handy point for Villa that, at a ground where we've never won. We should have a nailed on penalty first half, but then VAR harshly ruled out a West Ham goal in a bit of an evener. Villa much the better team second half, but needed VAR to save us right at the death, although why it took so long for such an obvious one I don't know.

Premier League 2023-24

Where did this Man Utd come from?
    And where did they go to?

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    Handy point for Villa that, at a ground where we've never won. We should have a nailed on penalty first half, but then VAR harshly ruled out a West Ham goal in a bit of an evener. Villa much the better team second half, but needed VAR to save us right at the death, although why it took so long for such an obvious one I don't know.
    Looks like both of us are doing our best to avoid CL football next season! Bloody frustrating.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    And where did they go to?
    Great finish to the 90 mins.

This is the best Ive seen Man Utd play for years.

Wow!!

What a great cup tie to watch as neutral.

This and the Coventry game made for enjoyable watching.

Well done Man Utd although their fans will have the smiles wiped off their faces when they realise the M25 is still shut.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Well done Man Utd although their fans will have the smiles wiped off their faces when they realise the M25 is still shut.
    Haha. Funny guy.

Anyway Liverpool still have a quadruple to play for;

Carabao Cup
    Premier League
    Europa League
    'Means More' Champions