timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 104 of 111 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,200 of 5534

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Master

Premier League 2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Well we could always dismiss Salah s 40 penalties scored for Liverpool too as Ivan thinks that’s no achievement. That might remove a couple of his golden boots , maybe ?
    Penalty taking is difficult and shouldn’t be underestimated.
    City haven’t had a decent taker since Yaya Toure .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Penalty taking isn’t difficult.

The stats are there to back my statement up.

As for Salah I think he’s scored about 20 pens for Liverpool in the Prem in 7 seasons.

Aguero scored 27 pens in the prem.

Aguero averaged 18 goals a season. ( over 10 seasons ).

Salah averages 22 goals a season. ( over 7 seasons ).

Aguero has a statue outside the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ivan Drago; 9th April 2024 at 10:07.

Salah will for sure go down as an all-time great.

Alan Shearer took penalties for Newcastle, does that discredit his record as the PLs top scorer.

I think not, his no nonsense approach, decide where you are going to put it in advance and put your foot through the bloody ball should still be used on training grounds today.

These Johnny foreigners with their stupid little dance routines should be fined each time they miss.

All about the left footers apparently.

Saka, Haaland, Palmer, mighty Mo

50% of all pens scored are scored by lefties

https://theathletic.com/5151581/2023...-left-footers/

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xxnick1975; 9th April 2024 at 12:40.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Salah will for sure go down as an all-time great.
    but just not at penalties

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Pep has killed football. Tappy bloody tappy football that sends everyone to sleep and now everyone has to copy it. Goalkeeper is now an out field player, inverted defenders (sounds painful), false number 9s, start the game as a number 6, become a number 8 and revert to a number 6. What a complete pile of shite.

These are not talented footballers, they are machines who are trained day in day out to do what they are told. I cannot watch Man City, they bore me to death.

Plus they play every week on snooker table quality pitches. Just watch an old MOTD at the likes of Derby from the mid 70s and it was like the Somme from late Oct onwards.

They are the Harlem Globetrotters of the modern age, but Christ I would slit my wrists if I had to endure a City game.

Give me Bell, Lee and Summerbee any day.
    I must admit I agree with a lot of that.

I'd rather watch The Big Match Revisited on ITV with Brian Moore any day TBH.

Back then clubs were owned by local businessman and kids could actually afford to go in on their pocket money.

Of course the facilities were cruder but then you didn't have to spend a fortune to follow your team.

Over time I have got more and more disenchanted with the the PL.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

There's an awful lot in there that I agree with. It isn't just Pep though, Spain played like that during the three back to back tournaments they won and I did nod-off a few times watching that team; 2000 passes and win 1-0.

These things are cyclical though. It will take a coach to come in and start winning trophies by playing quicker and with fewer passes, with wingers who actually go past people on the outside and a proper goal scorer and other coaches will begin to adopt that style. There's no doubt that
    Luis Aragones and Pep have changed football completely. I see under 10s girls teams playing out from the back now and I don't necessarily think it's a negative as it does teach kids how to keep the ball as a team and I'd much rather see that than the keeper punting it up to the big striker.

Pep has killed football. Tappy bloody tappy football that sends everyone to sleep and now everyone has to copy it. Goalkeeper is now an out field player, inverted defenders (sounds painful), false number 9s, start the game as a number 6, become a number 8 and revert to a number 6. What a complete pile of shite.

These are not talented footballers, they are machines who are trained day in day out to do what they are told. I cannot watch Man City, they bore me to death.

Plus they play every week on snooker table quality pitches. Just watch an old MOTD at the likes of Derby from the mid 70s and it was like the Somme from late Oct onwards.

They are the Harlem Globetrotters of the modern age, but Christ I would slit my wrists if I had to endure a City game.

Give me Bell, Lee and Summerbee any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Penalty taking isn’t difficult.

The stats are there to back my statement up.

As for Salah I think he’s scored about 20 pens for Liverpool in the Prem in 7 seasons.

Aguero scored 27 pens in the prem.

Aguero averaged 18 goals a season. ( over 10 seasons ).

Salah averages 22 goals a season. ( over 7 seasons ).

Aguero has a statue outside the ground.

Unsurprisingly lobsided again Ivan . Well done .
    You ‘think’ Salah scored 20 penalties but know that Aguero scored 27 ? OK .

The goals per season is extremely disingenuous at best . Could you do it on games played please ?

I’m not into the whole statue debate but I know you have one outside Anfield of a bloke who the club banned from coming to watch them training after multiple title wins and European Cups .

Master
    Keeper punting it up to the big man is going to be the next big tactic swing.

In the pro licences now it’s discussed heavily about how to beat the press. 442 with a big man / little man combination is the answer.

You’ll see it filtering through over the next few years.

As you’ve said above football is cyclical.

Probably the most enjoyable football I’ve watched over the last 10 years or so was Leicester when they won the prem. soak up the pressure then when the hint of a break was on go all out for it.

City are pretty dull to watch and id throw virtually every big game between big teams now. Ends up a neutralised bore fest.

Ollie Watkins second in goals scored table (one behind Haaland) so far this season and first for assists. He doesn't take penalties either.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Unsurprisingly lobsided again Ivan . Well done .
    You ‘think’ Salah scored 20 penalties but know that Aguero scored 27 ? OK .

The goals per season is extremely disingenuous at best . Could you do it on games played please ?

I’m not into the whole statue debate but I know you have one outside Anfield of a bloke who the club banned from coming to watch them training after multiple title wins and European Cups .
    Yes I know it’s 20 something for Salah as I’ve seen the stat before but couldn’t find it when I was googling.

It’s 25 for Salah.

What’s lopsided ? These are the stats ?

Aguero 275 games - 184 goals = 1.49 goal every game

Salah 243 games - 154 goals = 1.57 goal every game.

Aguero played as a striker,
    Salah as a winger

only .08 goals more for Aguero.

As I say, Aguero has a statue and Citeh fans think Salah is overrated by Liverpool fans.

As for Shankley there’s multiple accounts from the players over what went on. Shankley wasn’t going down to watch, he was actually in his kit and joining in training, and also correcting players when he perceived them to be doing things wrong. Shanks also wanted to discuss tactics with Paisley and the other coaches for upcoming games and insisted the players still referred to him as boss.

Sad situation but he was rightly asked to stop attending Melwood everyday and let the new management team handle team affairs.

Salah gets into an all time PL XI in his position. Aguero was great but he's not getting in the all time XI ahead of Shearer, Kane and Henry.

Why are we even discussing Aguero v Salah ffs . Where did that little nugget come from ? Is it simply the statue that offends you ?
    Yesterday Mo was the best midfielder ever, now he’s the best striker who isn’t a striker .
    Plus. He’s not ‘ underated ‘ by City fans at all . We’ve been on the wrong end of many of his performances over the years so we are fully aware of his talent. Hes a diving , whinging cheat , but he’s a fantastic footballer .

Oh, and using Citeh as some form of insult is laughable . Coined by United fans from outside Manchester who didn’t get the irony of it at all.
    Last edited by thegoat; 9th April 2024 at 16:07.

True, but ironically Salah would work a lot better with Aguero than the other CFs you list.

I imagine there'd be blood on the training pitch with Shearer in particular!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Salah gets into an all time PL XI in his position. Aguero was great but he's not getting in the all time XI ahead of Shearer, Kane and Henry.
    That's a tough call. I think Aguero's a much better all round player than Kane, but was in a Man City side who shred the goals out a lot more than other teams who rely on a main striker. When Aguero was regularly getting 20+ goals a season, City usually had another half a dozen getting 10+ like De Bruyne, Mahrez, Sterling, Sane etc.

I think Henry's the best player I've ever seen in the Premier League.

Master
    Why are we even discussing Aguero v Salah ffs . Where did that little nugget come from ? Is it simply the statue that offends you ?
    Yesterday Mo was the best midfielder ever, now he’s the best striker who isn’t a striker .
    Plus. He’s not ‘ underated ‘ by City fans at all . We’ve been on the wrong end of many of his performances over the years so we are fully aware of his talent. Hes a diving , whinging cheat , but he’s a fantastic footballer .

Oh, and using Citeh as some form of insult is laughable . Coined by United fans from outside Manchester who didn’t get the irony of it at all.
    You put up a post claiming Liverpool fans claim “ Salah is the best in da werrrrld “ “ Salah has the best stats “ “ nobody else can have an opinion that differs “.

I’m pointing out Salah is the best right winger in the world and arguably top 3 of all time. The comparison to Aguero is he’s lauded over by you City fans yet he’s a striker and his strike rate is only .08 goals a game better than Mohammed.

Oh…..Using Citeh is as some form of insult is laughable ? Yet using in da werrrld isn’t ? It’s the same mate, it’s how the natives pronounce the words.

Keeper punting it up to the big man is going to be the next big tactic swing.

In the pro licences now it’s discussed heavily about how to beat the press. 442 with a big man / little man combination is the answer.

You’ll see it filtering through over the next few years.
    I agree, the press way of playing is getting a bit clinical but once mastered it works well for certain clubs, I would like to see a club really adopt a 442 like United of the 90's and see how it copes with modern ways of playing..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    That's a tough call. I think Aguero's a much better all round player than Kane, but was in a Man City side who shred the goals out a lot more than other teams who rely on a main striker. When Aguero was regularly getting 20+ goals a season, City usually had another half a dozen getting 10+ like De Bruyne, Mahrez, Sterling, Sane etc.

I think Henry's the best player I've ever seen in the Premier League.
    better all rounder than kane? im not sure about that, for what its worth i think if city had to have gone for Kane over Haaland he would have tore it up but wrong age profile i guess.

I agree, there's no way Aguero was a better all-round player than Kane. Jeez, imagine if City had gone for Kane!! I honestly believe he would have been even better than the Cyborg.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    better all rounder than kane? im not sure about that, for what its worth i think if city had to have gone for Kane over Haaland he would have tore it up but wrong age profile i guess.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I agree, there's no way Aguero was a better all-round player than Kane. Jeez, imagine if City had gone for Kane!! I honestly believe he would have been even better than the Cyborg.
    i certainly think he fits into that team better

I think Aguero was better than Kane is, had Kane gone to City 3-4 seasons ago that might be different. Aguero was amazing for Madrid and City.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    I think Aguero was better than Kane is, had Kane gone to City 3-4 seasons ago that might be different. Aguero was amazing for Madrid and City.
    he was better at certain things but Kane is a better all rounder imo

Aguero was good at atleti but he really came into his own at City.

City did go for Kane, twice .
    The first time, Levy wouldn’t listen to offers and then talked Sir Harry into staying .
    When City returned two years later, it was a tentative offer as I think we were already decided on Haaland.
    I also think Kane would’ve tore it up at City but I’m pleased with our second choice cast off too.

Last night was the worst I’ve seen Rodri play in seasons.
    I think he fully deserves some time out . A few weeks ago it would’ve been madness but there are players stepping up again . The like of Kovacic and Nunes will be fine in the run in . Rodri can return for the so called bigger games.

Funny you say that as we all thought the same last night. It's really noticeable when someone's levels are so insanely high. Some Gooner on the radio yesterday saying Rice has been more consistent this season. Jermaine Pennant's response was "Rodri has been consistent for FOUR YEARS!" LOL

Last night was the worst I’ve seen Rodri play in seasons.
    I think he fully deserves some time out . A few weeks ago it would’ve been madness but there are players stepping up again . The like of Kovacic and Nunes will be fine in the run in . Rodri can return for the so called bigger games.

To be fair Haaland does look like an upgrade on Sterling!

City did go for Kane, twice .
    The first time, Levy wouldn’t listen to offers and then talked Sir Harry into staying .
    When City returned two years later, it was a tentative offer as I think we were already decided on Haaland.
    I also think Kane would’ve tore it up at City but I’m pleased with our second choice cast off too.
    - - - Updated - - -

Rice has been excellent this season but Rodri is a level above. He is vital to City's midfield dominance.
    Funny you say that as we all thought the same last night. It's really noticeable when someone's levels are so insanely high. Some Gooner on the radio yesterday saying Rice has been more consistent this season. Jermaine Pennant's response was "Rodri has been consistent for FOUR YEARS!" LOL

Long way to go but Isak and Gordon have had Ven der Ven on toast so far. We could have had five already.

Newcastle should be 4 or 5 up here.

Spurs' next game is home to Arsenal. The Gunners play 4 games (Villa, Bayern, Wolves, Chelsea) before that match! None of which are games that Arsenal can rotate too much.

I'm guessing Ange calling out Newcastle as a 'cautionary tale' is backfiring somewhat.

Meanwhile Spurs fans imploding.

We’ve been the best version of ourselves today; amazing press, high energy and real quality.

Looking at the fixtures you'd now fancy Villa for 4th. Tough game at Arsenal tomorrow but after that some winnable games and they play Liverpool at Villa Park. Spurs have to play Arsenal and City at Tottenham as well as go to Anfield and Chelsea (who hate Spurs). It looks like top 4 will be needed for a CL spot so that could be massive.

4-0, gosh.

Six or seven wouldn’t have flattered us at all. I know I’ve said this before but Timo Werner is a truly terrible footballer. Absolutely awful.

4-0, gosh.
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 13th April 2024 at 14:24.

In defence of Ange he did say he didn't care about 4th.....

Things you love to see: Villa back up to 4th without kicking a ball.

(yes, the reverse will probably happen tomorrow, but still!)

Craftsman
    Yes I know it’s 20 something for Salah as I’ve seen the stat before but couldn’t find it when I was googling.

It’s 25 for Salah.

What’s lopsided ? These are the stats ?

Aguero 275 games - 184 goals = 1.49 goal every game

Salah 243 games - 154 goals = 1.57 goal every game.

Aguero played as a striker,
    Salah as a winger

only .08 goals more for Aguero.

As I say, Aguero has a statue and Citeh fans think Salah is overrated by Liverpool fans.

Doesn't help your argument when you can't do basic maths ... :-)

Aguero is 0.67 goals per game ; Salah is 0.63 goals per game.

Your figures are for games per goal !

Quote Originally Posted by 459GMB View Post
    Doesn't help your argument when you can't do basic maths ... :-)

Aguero is 0.67 goals per game ; Salah is 0.63 goals per game.

Your figures are for games per goal !
    So Ivan is proving Aguero had better stats than Salah

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    So Ivan is proving Aguero had better stats than Salah
    At least he now knows why Aguero is the one with the statue !

Master
    What are you two on about ? I’ve said Aguero has better stats.

That’s the whole point, there’s hardly anything in it and Aguero is a striker and Salah a winger.

Craftsman
    Posted at 19:0519:05
    GOAL - Bournemouth 2-1 Man Utd
    Justin Kluivert (36 mins)

The hosts are ahead again!

There's question marks again for United's defence as Justin Kluivert is found in acres of space on the left.

He's allowed to dribble uncontested into the box before shiting to one side and thumping it into the left corner.

Surprised he had the time, though with Utd's defence perhaps it's true.
    From BBC sport website

Master
    Maddest team about United at the minute.

Potentially good, often poor, flashes of brilliance.

Still stick by what I’ve said all year, a couple of the right signings and they will be a force again.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    Things you love to see: Villa back up to 4th without kicking a ball.

(yes, the reverse will probably happen tomorrow, but still!)
    What a shower we are!

Corrupt refereeing in the Bournemouth match

Back home to his room.

[IMG][/IMG]

Penalty decision for any team who’s name begins: Manchester - automatically given

Penalty decision against any team who’s name begins: Manchester - find any reason not to give it.

Master
    Penalty decision for any team who’s name begins: Manchester - automatically given

Penalty decision against any team whose name begins: Manchester - find any reason not to give it.
    Had a look as a matter of interest. Chelsea have had 11 pens awarded with the Manchester clubs both on 6 - fewer than Arsenal, Liverpool and Newcastle, and one more than Brighton and West Ham.

https://www.statmuse.com/fc/ask/whic...es-this-season

Arsenal, Brentford and Liverpool have conceded the fewest:

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/...nalty_conceded

2 horse race now.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app