closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 82 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,100 of 5596

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Master
    That’s a big win for Liverpool, tricky away day terrible conditions and several key players missing or injured , great to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    All the Toney nonsense makes me sick to be honest. He's been treated like Terry Waite returning, and not a bloke who broke the betting rules multiple times. And on coming back, the first thing he does is talk about moving to a bigger team, then blatantly cheats in his first match. Absolute scrote of the highest order, can't stand him.
    Really? Top player that knows where he comes from and has made the absolute best of his talent through hard work, effort and application.

As already mentioned, the hypocrisy around footballers and betting is staggering. No doubt they have bookies on them the whole time, football is awash with it.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Master
    Nunez first player to reach 10 goals and 10 assists this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Entertaining game at Sheffield United today! Rhian Brewster's red card was the worst tackle I've seen this season. What was he thinking? And how West Ham didn't get a penalty for the grappling of Bowen in the final seconds is another incident that questions the capability and integrity of the officials and VAR. The CB wasn't even looking in the direction of the ball and was only concerned with throwing down Bowen.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Entertaining game at Sheffield United today! Rhian Brewster's red card was the worst tackle I've seen this season. What was he thinking? And how West Ham didn't get a penalty for the grappling of Bowen in the final seconds is another incident that questions the capability and integrity of the officials and VAR. The CB wasn't even looking in the direction of the ball and was only concerned with throwing down Bowen.
    I’m still fuming.
    A dreadful refereeing performance. Don’t get me wrong, we weren’t great and are really missing some key players but the inevitable PGMOL apology that’ll come out next week won’t give us 2 points back.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Nunez first player to reach 10 goals and 10 assists this season.

yep, not quite as bad as everyone else wants him to be 😁

also, given that we get every var decision going, Bournemouth got away with a straight red and a stonewall penalty !

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    yep, not quite as bad as everyone else wants him to be 

also, given that we get every var decision going, Bournemouth got away with a straight red and a stonewall penalty !
    Apology and a replay perhaps ?

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    For those of you who have seen the stonewalling by the Post Office in relation to FOI requests related to Horizon failings and potential cover-ups - this is probably familiar.

https://x.com/RussellScott1/status/1...511896769?s=20

Man City having meetings with government officials to lobby them, but no records being kept of what was said, or indeed asked for.

Those 115 charges are going absolutely nowhere. Nothing will happen.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    https://sports.yahoo.com/man-city-pr...trm7-aE_SrXI1o

The minister met representatives of a number of clubs. The general belief is that it was about the white paper recommending an independant regulator.
    Sorry to burst your bubble .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Apology and a replay perhaps ?
    nice one, as i have often said you have a rare wit.

Craftsman
    https://sports.yahoo.com/man-city-pr...trm7-aE_SrXI1o

The minister met representatives of a number of clubs. The general belief is that it was about the white paper recommending an independant regulator.
    Sorry to burst your bubble .
    Unnamed sources saying that they weren't discussing the charges. Ok.

And the other clubs and sports meeting DCMS is a bit of a throwaway line, no? Which clubs? Did they meet with minister alone (as City did) or as part of a group?

"General belief" is merely what City and the government want general public to think is going on, but what good reason would they have for completely stonewalling FOI requests? It's not like City or any other club will be saying anything surprising about potential regulations, every club will be suggesting what's best for them!

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Almiron off to Saudi. Possibly Trippier to Bayern as well.

And talk that Isak may also be off. What is going on at Newcastle?

Absolutely shocking.

VAR had to intervene when the ref was just giving a yellow to Brewster!

A pity they didn't intervene when Sheffield United got a pen for nothing and yet refused at the other end for dragging down Bowen.

It's the new normal unfortunately.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

What’s going on is the board managing our finances very well. Our income over the last 18 years has been garbage so what we’ve spent since they came in is our limit. Isak isn’t going anywhere. Trippier is 34 and worth the maximum right now he’ll ever be worth and we have Tino as a brilliant replacement. Almiron had three or four great months last season but is average, trust me.

We’ll sell some players, even Bruno or Longstaff might go, and add that money to the £200m from Adidias, £100m from Sela, money from other new sponsors and the new corporate elements we’ve just opened. That circa £400m will kick start more investment in players.

As the chairman said in his very first interview, we’ll do it slowly and in line with the rules.

So although it doesn’t fit the media narrative, it’s all under control.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Almiron off to Saudi. Possibly Trippier to Bayern as well.

And talk that Isak may also be off. What is going on at Newcastle?

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Unnamed sources saying that they weren't discussing the charges. Ok.

And the other clubs and sports meeting DCMS is a bit of a throwaway line, no? Which clubs? Did they meet with minister alone (as City did) or as part of a group?

"General belief" is merely what City and the government want general public to think is going on, but what good reason would they have for completely stonewalling FOI requests? It's not like City or any other club will be saying anything surprising about potential regulations, every club will be suggesting what's best for them!

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk
    I’m not sure how you want me to answer this .
    You’ve already decided that City officials met the government to discuss the charges because of a random Twitter account . Despite denials from the department, you still drawn the same conclusion. Maybe you’d like to share what you’re so convinced of ?

Master
    Looks like a straight shoot out between Liverpool and city for the league.

If Liverpool can get the wins against Chelsea and Arsenal the City game will decide the league in my opinion.

Personally I don’t think Liverpool will have enough and City will probably reel them in but next season is going to be a proper battle now Liverpool are getting back up to speed.

A fair assessment IMO.

If Liverpool can get the wins against Chelsea and Arsenal the City game will decide the league in my opinion.

Personally I don’t think Liverpool will have enough and City will probably reel them in but next season is going to be a proper battle now Liverpool are getting back up to speed.

Master

yes hard to see past city but the win yesterday with a pretty weakened squad was heartening. we could at least make a race out of it.

...a pretty weakened squad...
    Just looking at the six attacking players from each team (because I can't be bothered going through all the values), this is what Bournemouth cost, and I think this is in euros:

Tavernier, 11.98m
    Kluivert, 10.8m
    Sinisterra, loan
    Solanke, 21m
    Cook, 7m
    Christie, 2.9m

Total 53.68m

And Liverpool:

Diaz, 47m
    Jota, 44.7m
    Nunez, 85m
    Mac Allister, 42m
    Elliott and Jones, academy

Total 218.7m

Frankly I'm amazed you scraped a win.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    I understand your point to the transfer fees paid out were as below.

*Diaz - 37m
    *Jota - 41m
    *McAllister - 35m
    *Nunez - 65m

So just the £178m then? And what’s the market value of Elliott and Jones? Another £50m the pair?

*Diaz - 37m
    *Jota - 41m
    *McAllister - 35m
    *Nunez - 65m

I wouldn't rule any of the top 5 out yet IMHO. City are IMHO big favourites but have to go to Anfield, plus City still look vulnerable at the back, more so than previous seasons. Liverpool still need to go to the Emirates - they should have lost there the other week so will lightning strike twice? Arsenal/City have to go to Spurs etc.

Master

Premier League 2023-24

I wouldn't rule any of the top 5 out yet IMHO. City are IMHO big favourites but have to go to Anfield, plus City still look vulnerable at the back, more so than previous seasons. Liverpool still need to go to the Emirates - they should have lost there the other week so will lightning strike twice? Arsenal/City have to go to Spurs etc.
    Classic Ryan post.

You claimed Liverpool were really poor defensively 3 months ago and we have conceded the lease in the league.

You claim city look vulnerable yet have the 3rd best defensive record, only 3 more than Arsenal.

Last edited by Ivan Drago; 22nd January 2024 at 16:41.

Master
    So just the £178m then? And what’s the market value of Elliott and Jones? Another £50m the pair?

Market value is a different discussion isn’t it?

Liverpool 874m
    Newcastle 641m
    Man City 1.29bn
    Arsenal 1.12bn
    Chelsea 980m
    Aston Villa 638m
    Man Utd 739m
    Everton 336m
    Bournemouth 315m
    Tottenham 773m
    West Ham 451m

etc

I think the Man Utd number might have a decimal point in the wrong place.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Just looking at the six attacking players from each team (because I can't be bothered going through all the values), this is what Bournemouth cost, and I think this is in euros:

Tavernier, 11.98m
    Kluivert, 10.8m
    Sinisterra, loan
    Solanke, 21m
    Cook, 7m
    Christie, 2.9m

Total 53.68m

And Liverpool:

Diaz, 47m
    Jota, 44.7m
    Nunez, 85m
    Mac Allister, 42m

Total 218.7m

its all relative, liverpool were missing their best player in salah, both first choice full backs and a starting midfielder, for liverpool thats a weakened team. If your argument held any water Chelsea would be top and bournmouth would never win anything.

*Diaz - 37m
    *Jota - 41m
    *McAllister - 35m
    *Nunez - 65m

All those figures you’ve quoted were the initial fee, no ?
    I think only Macallister doesn’t have any add ons . Nunez triggered his final add on recently making up the full amount . Diaz and Jota both have add ons included which take the fees up to the initial post. He did you a favour by putting Elliott as an academy product when he actually cost you £4 million . Just embrace it. Chequebook Klopp has a nice ring to it .

Master
    All those figures you’ve quoted were the initial fee, no ?
    I think only Macallister doesn’t have any add ons . Nunez triggered his final add on recently making up the full amount . Diaz and Jota both have add ons included which take the fees up to the initial post. He did you a favour by putting Elliott as an academy product when he actually cost you £4 million . Just embrace it. Chequebook Klopp has a nice ring to it .
    Nunez was initial 65.

No add ons have been triggered.

There was some daft stuff in a Portuguese paper that said Liverpool needed to pay X millions after 10 games and another X million after 60.

All complete nonsense, Nunez package all relates to trophies won. So we have only paid 65m so far !

Diaz and Jota have only won the fa and league cups, there won’t be much in add ins for them. Possibly a couple of million max.

Liverpool add ones in recent years ( Edwards / Ward ) are all league and euro related.

You actually hope your team pays the max fees as it means you’ve won the lot !

its all relative, liverpool were missing their best player in salah, both first choice full backs and a starting midfielder, for liverpool thats a weakened team. If your argument held any water Chelsea would be top and bournmouth would never win anything.
    Ok, let's make the quote a little longer "...the win yesterday with a pretty weakened squad was heartening."

Premier League giants and bitter rivals Bournemouth, with their 11,307 capacity stadium and huge spending power, really pushed poor beleagured Liverpool, forced to put out their b-team of reserves and academy players, to dig deep to just scrape past them with a 0-4 win.

Still, it could be worse, you could support the same team as Terry. The whole world is out to get them.

Nunez was initial 65.

No add ons have been triggered.

There was some daft stuff in a Portuguese paper that said Liverpool needed to pay X millions after 10 games and another X million after 60.

All complete nonsense, Nunez package all relates to trophies won. So we have only paid 65m so far !

Diaz and Jota have only won the fa and league cups, there won’t be much in add ins for them. Possibly a couple of million max.

Liverpool add ones in recent years ( Edwards / Ward ) are all league and euro related.

You actually hope your team pays the max fees as it means you’ve won the lot !

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/1...ity-milestone/

This Portuguese paper ?

Master
    Ok, let's make the quote a little longer "...the win yesterday with a pretty weakened squad was heartening."

Premier League giants and bitter rivals Bournemouth, with their 11,307 capacity stadium and huge spending power, really pushed poor beleagured Liverpool, forced to put out their b-team of reserves and academy players, to dig deep to just scrape past them with a 0-4 win.

Still, it could be worse, you could support the same team as Terry. The whole world is out to get them.
    amazing they managed a draw against the mighty villa isnt it and beat both Man United and Newcastle

Master

Premier League 2023-24

Credit to Villa for hammering Middlesbrough (market value £70m) 0-1 the other week with a late deflected goal.

Bournemouth have Swansea (£65m) at home on Thursday - looking forward to an absolute hatful in that one.

Master
    Yes, the details there are from the Portuguese paper it actually says in that article “ as reported at the time “

The “report” was from a Portuguese when Nunez signed in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Credit to Villa for hammering Middlesbrough (market value £70m) 0-1 the other week with a late deflected goal.

Bournemouth have Swansea (£65m) at home on Thursday - looking forward to an absolute hatful in that one.
    I think you'll find the reference was not to a team worth lots of money beating one worth considerably less, but the supporter implying their weakened team, still worth considerably more, had done well to beat the other. While I'm very happy to be a Villa fan, I hope I don't get to the whiny stage.

Also,'credit' is as bad as any manager saying 'listen' at the start of every sentence or anyone starting a reply with 'that's a really good question'.

There's something about the current Liverpool team that reminds me of the title winning Leicester side. The current reds side is better than that Leicester side but the spirit and energy is there, and even when they bring their kids on they slot in well and compete on par. That's largely down to Klopp who has created a great spirit in that side.

Even when they won against Bournemouth - arguably Bournemouth had the better chances before half time when the match was 0-0. But Liverpool kept up that relentless energy and you always feel with them you aren't able to put them away as they'll keep coming at you.

They have to go to the Emirates in a couple of weekends time. If Arsenal win that they are back in the title race. If Liverpool win that then they are very much the real deal and have the benefit of playing City at Anfield.

Makes for an exciting season but I'd not rule out anyone from Spurs upwards just yet. Spurs have got both Arsenal and City at home - wins in those games really puts them amongst it and don't forget Spurs have had a supposed nightmare blip and yet are still up there. Arsenal had a blip recently, City had one earlier, Liverpool haven't really had one yet, doesn't mean they will but statistically having a bad period in every season happens to each team so on balance of probabilities Liverpool are likely to have a tough run at some stage.

Master
    I think you'll find the reference was not to a team worth lots of money beating one worth considerably less, but the supporter implying their weakened team, still worth considerably more, had done well to beat the other. While I'm very happy to be a Villa fan, I hope I don't get to the whiny stage.

Also,'credit' is as bad as any manager saying 'listen' at the start of every sentence or anyone starting a reply with 'that's a really good question'.
    whining? i made a statement of fact, liverpool fielded a significantly weakened team against bournmouth who have been in good form, given that, the conditions and the fact it was away, a 4-0 win was way beyond my expectations,

im not sure why you are taking issue with it to be honest.

Master
    There's something about the current Liverpool team that reminds me of the title winning Leicester side. The current reds side is better than that Leicester side but the spirit and energy is there, and even when they bring their kids on they slot in well and compete on par. That's largely down to Klopp who has created a great spirit in that side.

Even when they won against Bournemouth - arguably Bournemouth had the better chances before half time when the match was 0-0. But Liverpool kept up that relentless energy and you always feel with them you aren't able to put them away as they'll keep coming at you.

They have to go to the Emirates in a couple of weekends time. If Arsenal win that they are back in the title race. If Liverpool win that then they are very much the real deal and have the benefit of playing City at Anfield.

Makes for an exciting season but I'd not rule out anyone from Spurs upwards just yet. Spurs have got both Arsenal and City at home - wins in those games really puts them amongst it and don't forget Spurs have had a supposed nightmare blip and yet are still up there. Arsenal had a blip recently, City had one earlier, Liverpool haven't really had one yet, doesn't mean they will but statistically having a bad period in every season happens to each team so on balance of probabilities Liverpool are likely to have a tough run at some stage.
    City or liverpool will win the league, most likely city, you can rule the rest out.

whining? i made a statement of fact, liverpool fielded a significantly weakened team against bournmouth who have been in good form, given that, the conditions and the fact it was away, a 4-0 win was way beyond my expectations,

im not sure why you are taking issue with it to be honest.
    The Villa fans have become a bit too gobby of late. Won’t last long, though.

Master

Trolling with the Leicester stuff
    Title is between Liverpool and City
    As much as I've a soft spot for Spurs this season they have no chance of winning the title.

100% agree. Arsenal don't have the quality or backbone to mount a serious challenge. Spurs aren't in the conversation.

City or liverpool will win the league, most likely city, you can rule the rest out.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    The Villa fans have become a bit too gobby of late. Won’t last long, though.
    Stop whining, Terence.

You must remember that any fan of any club other than Spurs that gets excited about the prospects of their team are considered gobby.

Stop whining, Terence.

You must remember that any fan of any club other than Spurs that gets excited about the prospects of their team are considered gobby.
    Hurry up and come and join in properly! Except of course at Villa Park next week. Revenge will (hopefully) be ours.

Haha, I think you’ll get your revenge.

Hurry up and come and join in properly! Except of course at Villa Park next week. Revenge will (hopefully) be ours.

Master

Solid wind up attempt Ryan.

“ Bournemouth had the better chances before half time “

Bournemouth has one shot on target in the whole game Ryan.

True but they had crosses come into the box where the Bournemouth strikers failed to connect from right in front of goal and where a solid connection was almost certainly a goal. Same as the FA Cup game at the Emirates, stats say Arsenal had 5 shots on goal but that discounts the umpteen chances not on target that they squandered.

Anyway in the B'mth game there weren't many chances in the 1st half so it was marginal, 2nd half Liverpool were very clinical.

Solid wind up attempt Ryan.

“ Bournemouth had the better chances before half time “

Bournemouth has one shot on target in the whole game Ryan.

Tavernier, 11.98m
    Kluivert, 10.8m
    Sinisterra, loan
    Solanke, 21m
    Cook, 7m
    Christie, 2.9m

Total 53.68m

And Liverpool:

Diaz, 47m
    Jota, 44.7m
    Nunez, 85m
    Mac Allister, 42m

Total 218.7m

There's Gakpo as well, another £40m.

Looks like West Ham have signed Kalvin Phillips until the end of the season.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

I think that's a good move for both parties. You get a quality player who is hungry for minutes and he gets to play his way into the Euros squad. He might not get the warmest reception from JWP as it doesn't seem to matter how well he does he isn't getting into Southgate's plans yet Phillips will come strolling in just to get fit for his guaranteed place.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    I hope he gets to play last game of the season so he can lift the Premier League trophy in his West Ham kit. ;)

Good luck to him , he deserves minutes and he will help solidify West Hams already pretty decent midfield.

Agree with David about JWP too. An excellent player with a passing range and dead ball delivery that is right up there with KdB and Tripps .

And Tront btw :)

Master
    I hope he gets to play last game of the season so he can lift the Premier League trophy in his West Ham kit. ;)

Good luck to him , he deserves minutes and he will help solidify West Hams already pretty decent midfield.

Agree with David about JWP too. An excellent player with a passing range and dead ball delivery that is right up there with KdB and Tripps .

And Tront btw :)
    You and Cannoli should get a room beit al-sha'r
    Last edited by cyrusir; 24th January 2024 at 16:32.