Page 45 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,250 of 5466

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Quite fancy Newcastle to nick this
    still time for a comeback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I thought there was a foul before the ball was crossed leading up to the handball

Master
    Fair result in the end, Spurs light years of last season's team, always a menace on the break and very resilient in midfield.

Arsenal need a striker. Absolutely zero cha ce we are getting anywhere near Man City this year - focus on Top 4 for now
    Even with the world’s most valuable squad ?

Bearing in mind Sheffield United were leading at Spurs until the 95th minute last week they were pretty dreadful today. However we were really good from the start with Bruno having his best game in ages as an eight rather than a six where he’s struggled and Elliott Anderson having his best game yet IMO.

I really enjoyed watching Spurs today. They’re looking like a pretty good side and their manager is a class act.

Master
    People starting to realise Arsenal only finished seconds due to Liverpools midfield issues, Chelsea’s implosion and United still in turmoil.

Absolutely laughable to think Arsenal will be anywhere near winning the league. They’ll struggle to make the top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    People starting to realise Arsenal only finished seconds due to Liverpools midfield issues, Chelsea’s implosion and United still in turmoil.

Absolutely laughable to think Arsenal will be anywhere near winning the league. They’ll struggle to make the top 4.

Even as an Arsenal fan I have to agree, how can anyone wanting to win anything play Eddie N up front, he is not even a championship level player.

Arteta has wasted so much money, when he needed to focus on a striker not spending money on the likes of Kai. Maddison is 10x the player Kai is, and at a lower price point.

Arteta out asap - been saying this for years.

2-2 was a fair result, annoying to concede such a poor 2nd goal, Spurs looked to win it until they took off Maddison and Son off - bad decisions, then we had the best of the final stages but lacked a striker. Until we get someone decent up top it will be a struggle for a top 4 for the next few years.

Master
    People starting to realise Arsenal only finished seconds due to Liverpools midfield issues
    Liverpool's "defence" was worse than the midfield!

Master

I did say Arsenal would get nowhere as close near this season before a ball had even been kicked. Last year was their best chance and they lacked the mental strength required. Arteta believes he is better than he actually is and whilst they play some good football at times, I'm not sure he is the man to take Arsenal to Premiership titles.

Top four should be comfortably achievable as other teams around them all also have issues Liverpool included.

No mention of our record breaking win yesterday?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    Liverpool's "defence" was worse than the midfield!
    Partly due to lack cover from midfield

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    It was a fantastic win and plaudits would have been be aplenty had it not have been against Sheffield United and had you not started the season with three losses.

A good step in the right direction and a great morale booster, nevertheless.

Absolute nonsense. By the same token Man City would have been 'lucky' to win the title yet that treble winning side finished 5 points ahead of 'lucky' us. You neglect to mention that despite Liverpool and Chelsea going off the boil they were replaced by a resurgent Newcastle and sides like Brighton becoming a force.

Arsenal drew against an excellent Spurs team (let's see how you get on against them next week) and we had key players injured both before and during the match. Regardless, the point may turn out to be a good one as they are no pushover.

I'll also happily take a £50 FR bet that Arsenal will finish above Liverpool this season.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Partly due to lack cover from midfield
    Agreed albeit some of those defenders didn't need a lack of cover to look bad, that has to be one of the weaker defensive units in the Prem excluding Allison who is generally top class.

It just played to the mantra of the best form of defence being attack

I must say 8 different goal scorers is exceptional.

One win and three losses against City, Liverpool and Brighton with two of those being away from home. And what does that have to do with yesterday's win anyway? And wasn't this the Sheffield United who were winning at Spurs after 95 minutes last week?

Strange way to look at the result.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    It was a fantastic win and plaudits would have been be aplenty had it not have been against Sheffield United and had you not started the season with three losses.

A good step in the right direction and a great morale booster, nevertheless.

It is and far more satisfying than one player getting five or so (apart from that player, obviously).

Not scoring goals from corners have been a big problem for us so that was great to see yesterday. You can only beat what's in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    I must say 8 different goal scorers is exceptional.

Master
    One win and three losses against City, Liverpool and Brighton with two of those being away from home. And what does that have to do with yesterday's win anyway? And wasn't this the Sheffield United who were winning at Spurs after 95 minutes last week?

Strange way to look at the result.
    Take from it what you wish, why does everyone fail too mention that despite winning against Spurs after 95 minutes they capitulated, and any team with a tendency to capitulate in this manner will be on the receiving end to many hammerings.

That said it was an impressive win, only time will tell what it means going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Even as an Arsenal fan I have to agree, how can anyone wanting to win anything play Eddie N up front, he is not even a championship level player.

Arteta has wasted so much money, when he needed to focus on a striker not spending money on the likes of Kai. Maddison is 10x the player Kai is, and at a lower price point.

2-2 was a fair result, annoying to concede such a poor 2nd goal, Spurs looked to win it until they took off Maddison and Son off - bad decisions, then we had the best of the final stages but lacked a striker. Until we get someone decent up top it will be a struggle for a top 4 for the next few years.
    Wasn’t that the thinking behind the acquisition of Jesus, though?

Master
    Absolute nonsense. By the same token Man City would have been 'lucky' to win the title yet that treble winning side finished 5 points ahead of 'lucky' us. You neglect to mention that despite Liverpool and Chelsea going off the boil they were replaced by a resurgent Newcastle and sides like Brighton becoming a force.

Arsenal drew against an excellent Spurs team (let's see how you get on against them next week) and we had key players injured both before and during the match. Regardless, the point may turn out to be a good one as they are no pushover.

I'll also happily take a £50 FR bet that Arsenal will finish above Liverpool this season.
    I’ll take that bet all day and more if you want.

Throwing your money away

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Wasn’t that the thinking behind the acquisition of Jesus, though?
    It was, but it hasn't worked out, and Arteta must not like him that much as he keeps playing Eddie N instead of him, which is an insult.

Replay the game yesterday if we had Son up front and you had Eddie, would have been a different match. I really rate Son, he is a top top player - wasted at Spurs :-)

Master
    It was, but it hasn't worked out, and Arteta must not like him that much as he keeps playing Eddie N instead of him, which is an insult.
    He was fortunate to avoid a red yesterday. Even though his lead foot did not make contact with the goalie, the fact he went in so hard and late then took the goalies standing leg in a pincer movement could have been a leg breaker.

I’ll take that bet all day and more if you want.

Throwing your money away

OK done. If Liverpool finish higher in the PL I'll pay £50 to the FR. If Arsenal finish higher you pay £50 to the FR.

Let's see where we are in May

I disagree. I thought it was an excellent, proper tackle. He made sure he won the ball cleanly and the only way the opponent gets hurt is if he bottles the tackle.

The game is worse now for not having tackles like that.
    Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree on that. :-)

I've no problem with tough tackling but it my view his tackle, whilst clean, was delivered with intent to take out Longstaff.

He seemed to be reacting to a previous play and therefore exacting some form of thuggish revenge.

Thankfully we got our own revenge in a cleaner, more clinical way.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    Agreed albeit some of those defenders didn't need a lack of cover to look bad, that has to be one of the weaker defensive units in the Prem excluding Allison who is generally top class.

It just played to the mantra of the best form of defence being attack
    We do need investment, have done for some time at the back.

I genuinely hate Arteta. How did he not get sent off for this?

https://theboyhotspur.com/watch-tott...the-sidelines/

Master
    He is very easy to hate, as he regularly behave's as a classless petulant fool and that video is just one example.

Makes your point for the draw even more satisfying I guess, given you got it away and against a team with 12 players.

I also can’t stand the bloke. For the first time in years I dislike a manager more than Klopp. Classless, petulant, childish fool. Embarrassing.

By way of comparison did you see Big Ange? He’s a class act.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I genuinely hate Arteta. How did he not get sent off for this?

https://theboyhotspur.com/watch-tott...the-sidelines/
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    He is very easy to hate, as he regularly behave's as a classless petulant fool and that video is just one example.

Makes your point for the draw even more satisfying I guess, given you got it away and against a team with 12 players.

https://x.com/Daily_Hotspur/status/1...526405983?s=20

Master
    I also can’t stand the bloke. For the first time in years I dislike a manager more than Klopp. Classless, petulant, childish fool. Embarrassing.

By way of comparison did you see Big Ange? He’s a class act.
    The Newcastle assist easily the biggest idiot in the game.

I thought we were talking about managers? I think he’s a dick too by the way but he doesn’t go jumping about, shouting and gesturing like Klopp and Arteta who both do it to try and influence the game and the officials.

The Newcastle assist easily the biggest idiot in the game.

Master
    I thought we were talking about managers? I think he’s a dick too by the way but he doesn’t go jumping about, shouting and gesturing like Klopp and Arteta who both do it to try and influence the game and the officials.
    nah just gets his arse handed to him when he trys to shush the klopper

He certainly did 🙈

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    Which he didn’t actually do .
    Nor did “the klopper “ return the favour .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Which he didn’t actually do .
    Nor did “the klopper “ return the favour .
    Little bit of fun goat face don't take it all so seriously

Shameful VAR decisions in the Villa/Brighton match

Master
    Hope Liverpool do the business against the top London side this afternoon.

Liverpool currently on the longest unbeaten streak in the premier league. Last defeat in April last season.

Shameful VAR decisions in the Villa/Brighton match
    No way !!!
    Not having that

- - - Updated - - -

Liverpool currently on the longest unbeaten streak in the premier league. Last defeat in April last season.

Is there a trophy for that ;)

Master
    Quite the win for Villa today.

Strange game at Villa today. They weren’t brilliant yet beat Brighton 6-1! They were clinical but they don’t look like a top side.

Strange game at Villa today. They weren’t brilliant yet beat Brighton 6-1! They were clinical but they don’t look like a top side.
    2 Villa Goals should have been ruled out by VAR, Brighton had a clear penalty denied, Villa had a clear 2nd yellow not given. I've no dog in this fight but if I were Brighton I'd be fuming.

Shoplifting offences will be through the roof today in Northeast London

Master
    Original one that Ryan haven’t heard it before.

Master
    Dear me.

Master
    What a screamer from Anderson!

Wolves remain ahead after 44 minutes without yet having had a single shot, either off target or on target!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Wow.

Master
    Blog Entries

I find that so hard to believe. Going to be very hard today I reckon.

Master
    Just saw City result, not sure how that has transpired!

Blog Entries
    Wolves remain ahead after 44 minutes without yet having had a single shot, either off target or on target!
    Made it tough for Man City with a very physical performance - but City were well below par.
    ... which only got worse when Kalvin Phillips came on - he's still not up to speed with City's game (IMHO).

Aké had a particularly torrid time against Neto - he looked really slow in comparison.

z
    Last edited by zelig; 30th September 2023 at 17:03.

Typical Citeh !!
    Wolves have one shot on target and score twice. The guy who should’ve been sent off scores Wolves winner .
    We could’ve played all night and not equaliser.
    Erroneously cashed out on Weds v Toon . Not today , so every cloud and all that .