closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 56 of 111 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,800 of 5519

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    And again.

Might Jackson be the worst striker to ever score a PL hat trick?
    Has Darwin “ the chance magnet “ ever got one ?

Shot ourselves in both feet.

First Chelsea hat trick since Jimmy Greaves!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    First Chelsea hat trick since Jimmy Greaves!

I remember Drogba getting some hat tricks for Chelsea. Hazard, Torres, Mount as well surely?

Cole Palmer talks like a player who developed under Pep, wise and professional beyond his years.

Blog Entries
    Interested to hear from spurs fans. I thought they had so much character. High line and pushed Chelsea for 75 mins.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Probably that Lampard lad as well, he was decent!

(Vialli and Zola also). Kerry Dixon!

Proud of the boys who remained on the pitch, but that could be our season gone tonight.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post
    Interested to hear from spurs fans. I thought they had so much character. High line and pushed Chelsea for 75 mins.

That’s the problem a high line with 9 men isn’t in any way sustainable hence it ends 4-1

Indeed, Spurs showed remarkable character. The new manager is working wonders. Looks like they will be missing a few for the next few games, and dont they have City coming up?

Will be interesting to see how they go.

As for the Chels, hopefully a bit of turning point for them and they can take some confidence from the result

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    That’s the problem a high line with 9 men isn’t in any way sustainable hence it ends 4-1
    Agreed but exciting game

Its a gamble. Couple of times could have gone to 2-2 and then Spurs odds on to win.

Some you win, some you dont

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Has Darwin “ the chance magnet “ ever got one ?
    He scored 4 against Leipzig buddy !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Big Ange would still have a go with 5 men. That's the attitude

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Cole Palmer talks like a player who developed under Pep, wise and professional beyond his years.
    Ha what are you on about

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post

I'm not sure a pre season friendly against Leipzig's B team counts. I mean, Kai Havertz got a goal against the MLS All Stars but despite that I don't feel he is Ballon D'or material just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    ...that could be our season gone tonight.
    I reckon your team is probably good enough to stave off relegation but it could be a little touch and go.
    "A man of little significance"

He talked post match about working harder in training and there’s always room for improvement. I think that’s quite mature and unusual for someone of his age. I know you won’t acknowledge any praise of Pep which is a shame as he’s going to go down as one of, if not the greatest manager of all time.

If I could choose any manager from anywhere on the planet to manage my team it would be Pep.

Ha what are you on about

Cool .

Remind me , how long have Leipzig been in the Premier League again ?

Totally agree with Big Ange’s post match comments regarding VAR, it’s ruining football, absolutely no way has it improved it…

Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post

That’s the way Ange plays and I’m all for it. On another day could’ve been 2-2. Very proud of our guys. Better to fail aiming high than succeed aiming low as we say.

Romero and Udogi have to learn from this. This game has cost us. Got some tough fixtures coming up and can’t see how we going to get results now with the suspensions and injuries

The high line was a big gamble and nearly came off with the Dier and Bentancur chances of an equaliser. But having lost three of our starting back line including Van De Den and his pace, the likeliest outcome prevailed. Still better than watching park-the-bus football of Maureen and Conte. Audere est facere per the motto

Quiet game, if anyone missed it here's my fantasy football summary summary

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Totally agree with Big Ange’s post match comments regarding VAR, it’s ruining football, absolutely no way has it improved it…

I agree.

Unfortunately the technology genie is out of the box now and I can't see it being put back in.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    What a great game for the neutral that was last night

Spurs imploded after a brilliant start kick started by the udogie tackle (v lucky boy) after that they capitulated and Romero chief culprit (The Argies love it and have no filter) plus the injuries after that killed there cause - VAR a joke once again (was football that bad before??????)

Bold and somewhat naive in my view by Ange to play that high line (never seen that carried out with 9 men and certainly made for a great watch) I do feel a better side than chelsea would of picked them off at will and Jackson doing his best Nunez impression didnt help matters

I will say that I absoloutely love Ange particularly his post match comments - didnt complain about the ref, said wed play the same with 5 and his players are running through brick walls for him - I think hes a breath of fresh air and spurs come out of the game with lots of positives

Master
    Very entertaining, I've become a big Ange fan.

I expected to see a lot more from Chelsea under Poch, the result masked a bang average performance. I'd love to have seen that defending approach against Man City for instance, it would have been double figures which would have been a harsh reflection of the great resilience Spurs showed in adversity. It felt more like some crazy FA Cup tie than a PL game, wonderful!

Just so I’m reading this right.
    Antony Taylor makes a huge cock up in a PL game and gets demoted to the Championship .
    Makes a huge cock up in said Championship game and gets demoted to the PL for Chelsea v Man City .
    Riiiiiiiiight.

I’m surprised that you’re surprised! Mike Dean told us all they look after each other. The one game demotion is just a token gesture.

Antony Taylor makes a huge cock up in a PL game and gets demoted to the Championship .
    Makes a huge cock up in said Championship game and gets demoted to the PL for Chelsea v Man City .
    Riiiiiiiiight.

Riiiiiiiiight.

Should be sacked.

Remember the old days with amateur refs?

Certainly no worse than now with these highly paid professionals and their VAR.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Craftsman
    Just to pop in here and defend Arteta and Jurgen Klopp.

Please watch this (warning, some bad language):

https://twitter.com/GunnerKing14/sta...kBmZ0DWwQ&s=19

Arsenal have had a long list of decisions go against them, but so have almost every club - Liverpool Diaz goal, Brighton v Spurs, Wolves v almost everyone, City v United with Rashford non-offside, etc etc

Of course Arteta wants to get whatever advantage he can for his own club - let's not pretend otherwise. Same for every fan and manager. What I'm sure we can all agree on is that the officiating could certainly be better. Right now, what's the mechanism to drive improvements? All criticism is relentlessly shut down and anyone who openly questions this is subject to days or weeks of media manipulation.

Mikel Arteta is not perfect and I can certainly see why other fans don't like him. I love what he has done for the Arsenal and love his connection and passion for our club. All great managers are the same, very few are beloved by other clubs fans - that's football. However Arteta can make a case to say he has listened to PGMOL. He took a team that had 5 red cards and 96 yellow cards in 2019/20 to one that had 0 red cards and only 52 yellows last season. He has transformed both his own behaviour and that of his players to be more disciplined. Does he sometimes slip? Yes of course, but even cuddly Big Ange can be found complaining about VAR and decisions from his Celtic days. It happens, these people are human. Mikel Arteta listened and responded with improved actions - why can't PGMOL afford him and the other managers and clubs the same courtesy?

One this is for sure, bullying anyone who speaks out on the current unacceptable levels of officiating by mocking them relentlessly across various media channels is not the way to improve the officiating. It is in ALL our interests that PGMOL show greater transparency, openness to new ideas, and a more collaborative approach with clubs to ensure the integrity and enjoyment of the sport we all love.

These big statements and threats of revolt hardly make it easier to recruit refs.

Master
    I just cant fathom how people cant accept human error - even with VAR its still happening - HUMAN ERROR - will always be in place - I hate this debate of putting it on the officials as the be all and end all

Players and managers also make mistakes yet they turn out the following week with no consequence - I cringe at Klopp and Artetas antics but totally appreciate they are looking to get an advantage its always happened did with Fergie, Clough etc etc its always happened and always will

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    I just cant fathom how people cant accept human error - even with VAR its still happening - HUMAN ERROR - will always be in place - I hate this debate of putting it on the officials as the be all and end all

Players and managers also make mistakes yet they turn out the following week with no consequence - I cringe at Klopp and Artetas antics but totally appreciate they are looking to get an advantage its always happened did with Fergie, Clough etc etc its always happened and always will
    But that’s the thing Rob, we can and do accept human error. Mistakes by the onfield refereeing team has been accepted for ever. It’s the newfangled ideas foisted upon us , telling us how it will improve the game no end, that people should rightly feel aggrieved by.
    The only human error VAR decision I can think of is the Tottenham - Liverpool one when it was simply miscommunication between the VAR team and the onfield officials .
    Every other contentious decision is usually forensically analysed before a decision is reached . Even then it can be subjective . The laws are not as clear as we are led to believe and this is why rules can be interpreted differently by individuals. Even just this week , we had conflicting decisions on the Toon /Le Arse game by different retired officials . Walton, Clattenburg, Dean and Halsey to name a few all came to different reasons as to why the goal should have stood or not.
    It needs mothballing until there is a system available that is transparent and rigidly applied although I won’t hold my breath .

Players diving about, moaning at the ref, and all that nonsense doesn't help either. Probably managers encourage it. They should cut all that out first

Craftsman
    Neither will only recruiting from the same small area of the UK...

I see the argument all the time that 'refereeing is a really hard job' and 'having a go at the referees is only going to undermine them'.

My contention is that both these arguments are nonsense. Being Prime Minister is a really hard job, for similar pay, and part of the role is dealing with criticism. There are countless other examples. It's part of life and these people know that going in (to be clear I'm not excusing abuse). Yes managers and players make mistakes all the time - they always pay for it both in the form of heavy and public criticism and also losing their jobs.

I don't expect perfection, but I do expect much more transparency from the refereeing body when it comes to their internal processes, quality control, and how they learn from mistakes. Can anyone tell me what has meaningfully changed since the Liverpool/Diaz goal error? What's to prevent that mistake happening again?

I also think it's really unhelpful using language like 'rant', 'rage', 'antics', etc to describe managers who have legitimate issues. What is far more concerning and undermining is coaches like Ten Hag and pundits like Neville calling into question the validity of the tech as in the Garnacho offside v Arsenal.

As for arguments like 'x team should've played better', 'they only had 1 shot and complain about the ref', and 'players are diving and cheating should focus on that' - these are not mutually exclusive, I can agree on all those things and still expect better officiating across the whole league.

Newcastle are a great side and I honestly don't bear them any ill feeling - their crowd is phenomenal and their players read the officials well in each game to play right to the edge. Arsenal reduced them, the league top scorers at their home ground, to absolutely nothing in terms of creating chances. Arsenal didn't rack up much creatively but Toon are brilliant defensively so was always going to be a tight game. Just like v City - not much in it between the two sides and settled by a moment. The goal completely changed the game and there's not a Newcastle fan alive who would have been happy if it had gone the other way in same circumstances.

Master
    But that’s the thing Rob, we can and do accept human error. Mistakes by the onfield refereeing team has been accepted for ever. It’s the newfangled ideas foisted upon us , telling us how it will improve the game no end, that people should rightly feel aggrieved by.
    The only human error VAR decision I can think of is the Tottenham - Liverpool one when it was simply miscommunication between the VAR team and the onfield officials .
    Every other contentious decision is usually forensically analysed before a decision is reached . Even then it can be subjective . The laws are not as clear as we are led to believe and this is why rules can be interpreted differently by individuals. Even just this week , we had conflicting decisions on the Toon /Le Arse game by different retired officials . Walton, Clattenburg, Dean and Halsey to name a few all came to different reasons as to why the goal should have stood or not.
    It needs mothballing until there is a system available that is transparent and rigidly applied although I won’t hold my breath .
    Totally agree with all the above - its killed the game (no one who has played will see the rashford one as a red last night, hes shielding the ball - slo mo its a leg breaker - but its not reckless imo or done with any malice - the udogie one 2 footed, havertz out of control etc etc but it sounds bitter if you grumble - Im completely lost with it all and the direction football is going

Master
    Totally agree with all the above - its killed the game (no one who has played will see the rashford one as a red last night, hes shielding the ball - slo mo its a leg breaker - but its not reckless imo or done with any malice - the udogie one 2 footed, havertz out of control etc etc but it sounds bitter if you grumble - Im completely lost with it all and the direction football is going
    i think Rashford was very harshly treated but down the years i have seen similar given as a red, i think adebayor got a red for similar years ago. No malice or intent, but can be construed as reckless/dangerous.

Master
    i think Rashford was very harshly treated but down the years i have seen similar given as a red, i think adebayor got a red for similar years ago. No malice or intent, but can be construed as reckless/dangerous.
    For clarity - I can see why its given - its just not a red to anyone who has played football
    - ultimately we talk more about refs/var than we do about the game nowdays

For clarity - I can see why its given - its just not a red to anyone who has played football
    - ultimately we talk more about refs/var than we do about the game nowdays
    You’ll get decent referees when you’re in The Championship next season ;)

Master
    You’ll get decent referees when you’re in The Championship next season ;)
    The irony is that whilst I cannot stand how VAR is operated, the standard of refereeing in the championship is so bad that I find myself wishing for VAR!

Bottom line is I think VAR has a place if adopted sensibly, as that seems more attainable than improving the standard of officials. Clear and obvious does not mean using lots of lines to try to show a shoelace is 1 inch offside, rugby seems to manage perfectly well...

Bruno got one like that too, leg outstretched to protect the ball and caught the lads angle exactly the same as Rashford. No intent or malice.

Never a red IMHO and the penalties were soft as well

Has Arteta started his revolt yet over this?

https://twitter.com/UtdUnity/status/...g7ltgD3QA&s=19

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Has Arteta started his revolt yet over this?

https://twitter.com/UtdUnity/status/...g7ltgD3QA&s=19

thats a leg breaker

thats a leg breaker
    Yep, and only a yellow

Arteta surely outside with a sandwich board

What a goal that was from Wolves

Wow !!

Oh come on !!!!

Blog Entries
    Wow indeed !

2-1 now & that Sarabia finish was unbelievable!

z

Master
    Come on you Wolves 🍺🍺🍺🍺