closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: PRS-25 Everest alternate straps and bracelets

  1. #1
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    311

    PRS-25 Everest alternate straps and bracelets

    My white dial Everest has sat unloved since I bought it because of a faulty standard bracelet which never gave confidence of being secure, so I thought it was time to try something else to see if we could bond. Today, it’s on an 18mm eBay beads of rice bracelet fitted to aftermarket Geckota 20mm end links - sadly no longer available. I much prefer it to the standard bracelet because it tapers smaller immediately at the first link, whereas the standard bracelet looks far too chunky on such a small watch head.


  2. #2
    Grand Master abraxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    33,683
    This end looks good. What does the other end look like?
    I work on a razor blade between gimmickry and amazement. Richard Mille

  3. #3
    Master TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    2,678
    That looks really good - definitely suits the watch head.

  4. #4
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Arnhem, The Netherlands
    Posts
    41
    Would be nice if anyone knows about an alternative bracelet/clasp for my 2020 PRS-25.
    The original frictionclasp is worn out. A new bracelet from TF will not be shipped to The Netherlands, Eddie wrote me.
    The BOR shown is nice, but I want it with the endlinks fitted to the 36mm case.

  5. #5
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Kent UK
    Posts
    2,276
    I found the bracelet from Alpha for their Explorer homage was a pretty good fit.

  6. #6
    Master TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    2,678
    I recall reading that the Seiko SKX013 bracelet endlinks fit the Everest. So maybe one of the (many) aftermarket offerings would be worth trying.

  7. #7
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Arnhem, The Netherlands
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    I recall reading that the Seiko SKX013 bracelet endlinks fit the Everest. So maybe one of the (many) aftermarket offerings would be worth trying.
    Thank you for the reply, I looked it up. The SKX013 comes in case diameter 42.5 and 38. I doubt it will fit the 36mm case of the PRS-25.

  8. #8
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Arnhem, The Netherlands
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    I found the bracelet from Alpha for their Explorer homage was a pretty good fit.
    Thanks, looked it up, looks pretty much the same as the TF-bracelet. Frictionclasp, but new. 30,- is not bad. I will consider this one.

  9. #9
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Kent UK
    Posts
    2,276
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBoes View Post
    Thanks, looked it up, looks pretty much the same as the TF-bracelet. Frictionclasp, but new. 30,- is not bad. I will consider this one.
    The clasp is better than the TF one. I found the TF bracelet unwearable for a number of reasons, but the clasp was especially bad.

  10. #10
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Kent UK
    Posts
    2,276
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBoes View Post
    Thank you for the reply, I looked it up. The SKX013 comes in case diameter 42.5 and 38. I doubt it will fit the 36mm case of the PRS-25.
    The SKX013 has 20mm lugs and the bracelet does fit but you will need to fiddle with the hollow endlinks. I like the stock Seiko jubilee, but it is very cheap and rattly and not to everyone's taste.

  11. #11
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Arnhem, The Netherlands
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    The SKX013 has 20mm lugs and the bracelet does fit but you will need to fiddle with the hollow endlinks. I like the stock Seiko jubilee, but it is very cheap and rattly and not to everyone's taste.
    Thanks, I am not much of a fiddler, and the Seiko Jubilee is not my thing.
    So far, the Alpha bracelet is a good option.
    But I think I wil try to get a Commando. Shift that bracelet to my Everest, and get a brown tropical or leather for the Commando-head. Looks nice with the brown dial.
    If I can get a Commando, I have not been succesful this year.
    Crazy hobby.

  12. #12
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBoes View Post
    If I can get a Commando, I have not been succesful this year.
    Crazy hobby.
    You and me both.

    Good luck though

  13. #13
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up North hinny
    Posts
    39,474
    Before Eddie made the 20>16mm rivetted bracelet available for the original 36mm Everest I looked far and wide for a replacement for the one supplied with the watch, it was far too bulky and greatly overpowered the watch head. The one that Meraud make would have easily been my first choice, HERE IT IS , but alas, I sent them some very precise measurements and it wouldn't fit. I'd hoped it could be fitted with some careful Dremmel work and was prepared to take the chance even at the price of 110. That said I've been very happy with the bracelet I bought from Eddie and I've never had a problem with the clasp after slightly teasing it a little tighter. The faux rivets are perhaps a little proud, but that's nothing a little file or Dremmel work can't fix if needed. The Everest should always have had 18mm lug width IMHO, and after trying much more svelte hardware from a nylon Nato on a 20mm Haveston I've settled on using 18mm Havestons, the gap isn't noticeable in use, although pedants wont like it. I find 18mm suits the watch much better.

    The ingredients . . .





    Donor and recipient . . .





    The extractions . . .





    The results . . .








    On 18mm, and choices . . .





    Last edited by magirus; 2nd June 2023 at 19:13.
    F.T.F.A.

  14. #14
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Arnhem, The Netherlands
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Before Eddie made the 20>16mm rivetted bracelet available for the original 36mm Everest I looked far and wide for a replacement for the one supplied with the watch, it was far too bulky and greatly overpowered the watch head. The one that Meraud make would have easily been my first choice, HERE IT IS , but alas, I sent them some very precise measurements and it wouldn't fit. I'd hoped it could be fitted with some careful Dremmel work and was prepared to take the chance even at the price of 110. That said I've been very happy with the bracelet I bought from Eddie and I've never had a problem with the clasp after slightly teasing it a little tighter. The faux rivets are perhaps a little proud, but that's nothing a little file or Dremmel work can't fix if needed. The Everest should always have had 18mm lug width IMHO, and after trying much more svelte hardware from a nylon Nato on a 20mm Haveston I've settled on using 18mm Havestons, the gap isn't noticeable in use, although pedants wont like it. I find 18mm suits the watch much better.

    The ingredients . . .





    Donor and recipient . . .





    The extractions . . .





    The results . . .








    On 18mm, and choices . . .






    Nice, well done.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information