closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Zenith pilot big date fly back

Master

Zenith pilot big date fly back

The more I see this watch the more I am liking it. I love the idea of the scratch resistant ceramic case. Shame the clasp is not also ceramic. Love the quick change strap system. I love the contrast of black and white. Given the complications on offer the watch size is very good.

https://www.zenith-watches.com/en_gb...0-3652-21-i001

- Fly back chrono
    - Big date complication
    - Trick mechanism to prevent users changing the date at the wrong time
    - Great power reserve
    - Quick change strap design and one free strap included
    - Ceramic case
    - High beat el primero movement with 60 hours power reserve
    - 42.5mm diameter, 14.3mm thick, 20mm between the lugs 51mm lug to

Last edited by Stuno1; 29th May 2023 at 12:08.

Blog Entries
    I like that a lot too - but sadly anything over 50mm lug-lug tends to drop out of my collection quite soon. I’d have to try one on though - and the ceramic would be my choice.

For me the simpler 40mm Pilot three hander with date may be my choice. I may hunt a pilot special which came out a few years ago in different metals, 2nd hand though.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I like that a lot too - but sadly anything over 50mm lug-lug tends to drop out of my collection quite soon. I’d have to try one on though - and the ceramic would be my choice.

For me the simpler 40mm Pilot three hander with date may be my choice. I may hunt a pilot special which came out a few years ago in different metals, 2nd hand though.
    I did handle the 3 hander recently and it is a cool watch. Very light. I think they have done a great job with these designs.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I thought these were the best looking releases at watches and wonders by some margin. Shame the crown and buckle aren't ceramic, would have preferred them in brushed steel rather than PVD/DLC.

The 40mm would be my choice but both look tremendous.

I would be expecting a fair discount from an AD these days.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    I thought these were the best looking releases at watches and wonders by some margin. Shame the crown and buckle aren't ceramic, would have preferred them in brushed steel rather than PVD/DLC.

The 40mm would be my choice but both look tremendous.

I would be expecting a fair discount from an AD these days.
    Yup, it would need to be at least 15% off to make it a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post

I've zoomed in to this photo and is it me or have they put the merest hint of the "9" numeral popping out on the top and bottom left of the left-hand subdial? Like the most cut-out of cut-out numerals I've ever seen? Or are they just reflections? Seems mad if they have, given there's no hint of a "3" on the other side. Totally pointless and that from a Zenith fan.

As an aside, assuming you (
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I may hunt a pilot special which came out a few years ago in different metals, 2nd hand though.
    ) mean the Pilot Big Date Special I have that very watch and was wearing it at a wedding on Saturday. Absolutely underrated model in my opinion. Almost accidentally limited edition given it was only made for 4 years, incredibly legible, El Primero movement, gorgeous cut-out numerals. It's just stunning. Go for it if you can find one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    I've zoomed in to this photo and is it me or have they put the merest hint of the "9" numeral popping out on the top and bottom left of the left-hand subdial? Like the most cut-out of cut-out numerals I've ever seen? Or are they just reflections? Seems mad if they have, given there's no hint of a "3" on the other side. Totally pointless and that from a Zenith fan.

As an aside, assuming you () mean the Pilot Big Date Special I have that very watch and was wearing it at a wedding on Saturday. Absolutely underrated model in my opinion. Almost accidentally limited edition given it was only made for 4 years, incredibly legible, El Primero movement, gorgeous cut-out numerals. It's just stunning. Go for it if you can find one.

Looks like reflections from the dial. Have a look at the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Looks like reflections from the dial. Have a look at the link.
    Phew!