closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Refillable Tassimo coffee cartridges

Master

Refillable Tassimo coffee cartridges

Any of you guys use these? I know coffee is a regular subject here but can't find anything about these units in particular... I am getting more and more concerned about plastic waste and am seriously considering going down this route. I have been suing my Bosch Tassimo machine for years now and am quite happy with the concept except for the waste issue. I'm not serious enough about coffee to grind and blend my own beans, change to a different machine or go down the whole bean to cup route so am thinking this might be a good way out for me. Grateful for any thoughts.

Rob

Master
    Blog Entries
    I had one for my Nespresso machine. It leaked a lot.

I’m not big on tassimo, however third party roasters have a good range of compostable pods.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I have a big orange one and it works perfectly for about six months before blocking up. I'm sure there is a way of unblocking it, but I've tried both acid and alkali to no effect. Mind you, at the price that's a fair deal. they work really well with lavazza or a fine ground - mocha pot standard.

Had various Nespresso machines since 2015 and felt the same. Switched to Grind capsules as they were compostable but weren't my preferred taste. Refillable didn't have grest reviews. Went back to Nespresso and recycling the pods.

In the end I switched to an automatic bean to cup machine on special offer at Costco on a whim. Had it a year and it's transformative. Better coffee, cheaper coffee, and 100% of the leftovers go into our bushes and plants. Plants seem to love it.

Still have Nespresso for decaffe and just recycle the pods. Plan on changing to these once they're available https://www.nespresso.com/ch/en/paper

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M4tt View Post
    I have a big orange one and it works perfectly for about six months before blocking up. I'm sure there is a way of unblocking it, but I've tried both acid and alkali to no effect. Mind you, at the price that's a fair deal. they work really well with lavazza or a fine ground - mocha pot standard.
    Thanks, Matt. It's the orange ones I'm looking at on Ebay for about a tenner a piece. I thought I would get one and try it out. Am I correct in thinking that the only difference between the 60, 180, 200 and 220 sizes is the barcode on the orange lid?
    Rob

Craftsman
    We use https://www.podback.org/ to recycle our Tassimo pods. They’ll send you the bags and postage back to them is free, the only thing you have to do is drop them at your local Yodal drop off point.

They also recycle Nespresso pods I believe.