closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: JustPark - Rent out Driveway

JustPark - Rent out Driveway

I had a email from JustPark recently suggesting that I list my driveway with them to rent out. We have thought about this before, as we leave a couple of minutes from a train station it would probably prove popular.

Does anyone else do this? Does it work? Is it worth the hassle, assuming there is hassle?
    "I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they disliked ... it is a precept that I have followed scrupulously; for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed."

If you're near a hotly contested station you'll net more with an estate agent style sign. Put it out when you need it and you'll soon get regulars if it's desirable enough.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Only problem I can think of is when you decide to cancel you may still suffer random cars seemingly dumped in your drive for the week because the cowboys have your address? Only mention it from seeing a case recently where a tenant was complaining about a random car on their drive - owner turned up a week later to say he had paid for the space?

Master
    I can only speak as a consumer, having used JP maybe half a dozen times a year for 6-7 years, mainly a mix of in and around London plus near Luton airport.
    Maybe the following thoughts will be useful.
    I’ve found JP reliable, and I tend to go for ads that are well written and have good quality photos that obviously illustrate the parking space and its surroundings honestly and clearly (so do spend time on the listing, a bit like listing a watch on here…).
    After using them a couple of times, I’ve come to private arrangements to mutual benefit with a couple of space-owners where I was going to return several times and/or wanted to leave the vehicle for some time. It’s obvious whether you can do that sort of business with someone after you’ve got to know them a little, and I’m sure the same is true for them.
    Some owners near airports are very professional and offer taxi runs to and from checkin for a fair fee, and I’m sure it’s helpful to have a list of local taxi firms handy. One even kept a battery and jump leads handy that I was very grateful for on one occasion! Of course that’s in the space-owner’s interests, too, since it will free up their space promptly.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    If you're near a hotly contested station you'll net more with an estate agent style sign. Put it out when you need it and you'll soon get regulars if it's desirable enough.
    At first thought - that would be what I would do. Pick your customer and get a written agreement for which car(s) it is for, and sub-letting by him/her will result in termination.

Reckon you could get similar revenue, and pick your customer.

Thanks for the responses. I think we'll try it for a month or so and see how we go. I will try to remember to report back here.
    "I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they disliked ... it is a precept that I have followed scrupulously; for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed."

I live near a station, thought about it briefly and thought that once the taxman takes 40% of the additional income it won’t be worth the hassle. Like being a landlord, too much risk for not enough reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I live near a station, thought about it briefly and thought that once the taxman takes 40% of the additional income it won’t be worth the hassle. Like being a landlord, too much risk for not enough reward.
    From what I've read the first £1,000 is tax free and doesn't need to be declared. But yes, anything above that and it might not make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMint View Post
    From what I've read the first £1,000 is tax free and doesn't need to be declared. But yes, anything above that and it might not make sense.
    Why would it not be subject to tax ? If it's earnings, which it is, then surely, you'd be liable to taxation if it's outside your tax code amount

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Why would it not be subject to tax ? If it's earnings, which it is, then surely, you'd be liable to taxation if it's outside your tax code amount
    https://mcl.accountants/news/renting...pace-tax-free/

Every day's a school day on TZ !!